Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest (3163 Views)

Breakdown Of What President Buhari, Osinbajo Will Receive As Salaries/allowances / What President Buhari Told 36 State Governors In Closed Door Meeting Today / What President Buhari Told Ekweremadu, South-East Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by UncommonReports(m): 3:40pm On Jan 20, 2021
Citizens Quest for truth initiative, a non-governmental has expressed delight over the quality and pace of work at the East-West Road, adding that t President Mohammadu Buhari has Breathed Life into the Road

The above view was expressed by Chigozie Chimaraoke Okere, Citizens Quest’s Deputy National Publicity Secretary in a statement circulated to journalists.

According to him, “The story of the deplorable state of the East-West Road has consistently left sour tastes in the mouth of Nigerians, especially, Niger deltans. This unfortunate situation outlived several administrations that had paid lip service to the completion of this all-important corridor into the wealth basket of the nation. Little wonder not a few Nigerians were elated when President Buhari undertook to bring to fruition the desire and expectations of the Niger deltans for the completion of the road.”

He recalled that in 2020, via a Press Statement, the Federal Government had ordered contractors on East-West road to return to the site after several exhaustive meetings with the former handlers of the road, the Presidential Infrastructural Development Fund, PIDF and the Contractors, Reynolds Construction Company and SETRACO Nig Ltd.

Chigozie further recalled that there had been a stalemate on the road works since 2016 which resulted to a presidential order, moving the project from the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs to the PIDF.

The statement reads further:

“Not much could be achieved as Contractors were owed historical debts. Upon his appointment as Minister, the former Akwa Ibom Governor whose passion for development earned him the title, "The Uncommon Transformer" hit the ground running and in less than one year, he was able to get the Presidential nod to take back the project to the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, and with a refund of the sum of N19. 7bn, being money released by the Ministry of Finance to PIDF in 2018, for the payment of Contractors on the road.

“After several beauraucratic bottlenecks slowing down the process of transfer of the project and release of the funds, Akpabio achieved an unprecedented milestone in the release of the funds to the Contractors, and compelled them to return to site.

“In our quest therefore to ascertain the claim by the contractors to have returned to site, the Citizens Quest for Truth Initiatives, (an Advocacy group concerned about the citizens and how the decisions, policies and laws of the governments affect the ordinary Nigerian), on Tuesday, January, 19, undertook on-the-spot assessment of the project sites.

“At the border between Rivers State and Akwa Ibom State, where Reynolds Construction Company (RCC) is handling a massive section of the East-West road construction, the team was impressed with the quality and pace of work as heavy machines were also seen facilitating the entire process at the site.

“Interestingly, the bridge linking Rivers State and Akwa Ibom State is beginning to wear a new look as the base for the extensions has been made visible, the working materials were also on ground too.

“The team also visited the Chainage 2 of the East-West road construction around Rumuodara axis in Rivers State. The team discovered that SETRACO was handling that area of the road and it will cut across the Eliozu axis to Rumuokoro, down to the popular Nkpolu Junction, all the way to Emohua LGA and Ahaoda axis in Rivers State.

“When the CQ team spoke with some of the Engineers on site about the new deep drainage being constructed along the Rumuodara axis of the road, they said the essence is to curtail the flooding that has contributed in the failing of the Rumuodara sections of the East-West road. Heavy excavation machines and workers were also seen on site doing their work diligently.

“Recall that Chainage 1 and 2 of the road that is at Mkpolu and Rumudara junctions the road had been cut off due to excessive flooding occasioned by indiscrimate construction works by independent developers, on the drainage of the road.

“At the Emohua axis of the road, SETRACO is not relenting in the company's promise to complete its section of the project before the end of 2021. The Citizens Quest members confirmed the asphalting of the Emohua LGA axis down to Elele Alimini community.

“Earlier last year, the Hon. Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio had described the East West road as very dear to the people of the Niger Delta and Nigeria as a whole. So to make sure that the presidential directive was implemented, he is working closely with the construction companies to avert further agitation of the people of Niger Delta towards the road and to ensure the completion is speedily done.

“Our next stop will be at the Mkpolu, Runuigbo Junction and the Ahoada axis of the road to ascertain the level of work ongoing there.

“So far, our group is impressed with the quality and pace of work.

“While we commend the Federal Government for responding to the demands of the Citizens, we also wish to expressly request that funding is readily made available to ensure that there are no longer future impediments until the road in completed at the timeline set by the President during last year's Democracy Day celebration. It is also our expectation that the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs is given the support needed to FastTrack development in the region through the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs. We sincerely commend him for the singular resolve to redesign and expand the road to six lanes from the Eleme Junction to the Akpajo bridge and beyond in order to contain the present realities of traffic congestion occasioned by Road users particularly to and fro the Eleme Petrochemicals, Indorama, Onne Seaport and NNPC Refinery, amongst others.”

Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by Sammy07: 3:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
East - West Road

Can someone tell me which states this road (East - West) pass?
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by Duridadi: 3:43pm On Jan 20, 2021
angry

He is destroying the roads angry

1 Like

Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by Rtk5: 3:43pm On Jan 20, 2021
Bad belle come and see oooo.... Buhari is working.
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by Sirjamo: 5:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
Boko haram supporters club and PDP Dundees will not want to see this one, they will be waiting for their beloved terrorists to kill Soldiers so they can Jubilate.

I am still challenging all the PDP Dundees to show a single big project commissioned by their useless party in 16 years, just one.

I AM DONE TALKING

4 Likes

Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by epondudu: 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2021
Thread for the patriot.
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by macolino(m): 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
Over 20 years now,they are still constructing this same road,shame on federal government..

1 Like

Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by helinues: 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nice one

Meanwhile, this development news would purge some people until they shit their intestines
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by AdaugoChisom(f): 1:13am On Jan 21, 2021
Rumuola, Rumuokoro, but how come the R in umu?
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by SouthNigerian: 1:17am On Jan 21, 2021
Sirjamo:
Boko haram supporters club and PDP Dundees will not want to see this one, they will be waiting for their beloved terrorists to kill Soldiers so they can Jubilate.

I am still challenging all the PDP Dundees to show a single big project commissioned by their useless party in 16 years, just one.

I AM DONE TALKING

Shorop and stop celebrating mediocrity

3 Likes

Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by obami007(m): 6:34am On Jan 21, 2021
Alright
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by obami007(m): 6:36am On Jan 21, 2021
Sammy07:
East - West Road

Ogun state
Ondo state
Edo state
Delta state
Bayelsa state
Rivers state

1 Like

Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by EzePromoe: 6:49am On Jan 21, 2021
Commendable
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by ikennamadu1(m): 7:12am On Jan 21, 2021
wetin him dey do.. no be same east west road Jonathan do half .. abeg make we hear word
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by plaindealer: 7:14am On Jan 21, 2021
SouthNigerian:

Shorop and stop celebrating mediocrity

For several decades, you shouted and screamed about lack of infrastructure and federal presence, you cried marginalization, not you are getting roads, bridges and federal presence, it's all of a sudden mediocrity.

Was it also mediocrity when past administrations denied you even the basics?

Hatred is indeed a terrible disease.

2 Likes

Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by willybaby(m): 7:29am On Jan 21, 2021
Sammy07:
East - West Road

just as the name suggest it connects the east of Nigeria to the west, the road passes tru, Calabar, Rivers State,leads to Bayelsa, passes tru imo, Anambra, Edo etc

1 Like

Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by realstars: 7:39am On Jan 21, 2021
I Think Farback Ago, They Said The Road Was 70% Compleated.
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by TANID(m): 9:13am On Jan 21, 2021
Good To Hear
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by owobokiri(m): 9:20am On Jan 21, 2021
This is the Niger bridge of the Niger Delta..
That one big project that's used to tie you to the apron strings of the ruling cabal as your elite beg and grovel to their dictates so the job can be done while a thousand of similar projects are done in the North and west without such fanfare..
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by NextGovernor(m): 9:39am On Jan 21, 2021
I passed this road from Benin to PH on Friday. Where exactly is this part?? The only where I saw construction was in Rumuodara axis of East West Road, Port Harcourt. Which was done by River State Government...

Abi na invisible road
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by AKWATGOLD1(m): 9:53am On Jan 21, 2021
East-West Road runs through Portharcourt - Warri in Delta State.

Sammy07:
East - West Road

Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by Sammy07: 9:55am On Jan 21, 2021
willybaby:
just as the name suggest it connects the east of Nigeria to the west, the road passes tru, Calabar, Rivers State,leads to Bayelsa, passes tru imo, Anambra, Edo etc
AKWATGOLD1:
East-West Road runs through Portharcourt - Warri in Delta State.

obami007:

Ogun state
Ondo state
Edo state
Delta state
Bayelsa state
Rivers state

Sorry I thought it'll pass through Eastern region and Western Region.
You Guys are giving me different answers
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by obami007(m): 10:16am On Jan 21, 2021
Sammy07:

The ones I mentioned are the ones I passed through when going to school those days.

I don’t know if it passes through other states apart from the ones I mentioned, but I am very sure about those I mentioned

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by willybaby(m): 4:49pm On Jan 21, 2021
Sammy07:

imo is eastern region
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by Enugupikin: 4:52pm On Jan 21, 2021
willybaby:
You're Ignorant, why not use Google, east west road doesn't pass through imo and Anambra

1 Like

Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by Enugupikin: 4:53pm On Jan 21, 2021
Sammy07:

The guy is correct, remember Nigeria has three main regions, east, west and north.. The Eastern part is the rivers and bayelsa,the road started in portharcourt through bayelsa, to delta, Edo and connects you to ondo
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by Enugupikin: 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
willybaby:
imo is eastern region
East west road didn't go though imo state
Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by Enugupikin: 4:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
obami007:

The ones I mentioned are the ones I passed through when going to school those days.

I don’t know if it passes through other states apart from the ones I mentioned, but I am very sure about those I mentioned
Only you got it correctly, kudos

2 Likes

Re: See What President Buhari Has Done To East West Road Project- Citizens Quest by Sammy07: 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2021
Enugupikin:

The guy is correct, remember Nigeria has three main regions, east, west and north.. The Eastern part is the rivers and bayelsa,the road started in portharcourt through bayelsa, to delta, Edo and connects you to ondo

alright, thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northerns Happy With The Ban Of Twitter In Nigeria / Nigeria Will End If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists: Sheikh Gumi / How Atiku Abubakar Started The Privatisation That Made Most Nigerians JOBLESS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.