Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,992 members, 7,814,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History (40246 Views)

Victor Osimhen Becomes Africa' all-time leading goalscorer In The Serie A / Olivier Giroud Surpasses Henry, Becomes France's All-time Leading Goalscorer / Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football's All-time Leading Goalscorer In Competitive Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Beverlyjean(f): 7:09am On Jan 21, 2021
ClintonNzedimma:

Don’t forget Suarez scored 33 goals in a season with 5 match ban in epl

Suarez never scored 33 goals... the highest in history of epl is salah with 32 goals followed by suarez and Ronaldo with 31

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Kingstanding: 7:10am On Jan 21, 2021
omonla10:
he is at best, on same scoring level to Messi, or even a step lower.. Check out their goals per game ratio to separate facts from emotions
. Mr statistics you know better than football organization. Bad Belle people.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Beverlyjean(f): 7:12am On Jan 21, 2021
uniqueboi1:

In la liga alone abi in all competitions?

La liga
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by kmst1: 7:15am On Jan 21, 2021
And the mothrfkrr cudnt give me one goal against inter milan angry
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Bomboiy: 7:16am On Jan 21, 2021
pyro62:

Rinaldo would never score only 26 goals in a calendar year. Messi fan you should gave some shame and put some respect on the name of the GOAT Ronaldo

26 league goals the year he was the main creative player in the team, maybe I should remind you that he broke the record for the highest assist ever that Same season. Your point is dead on arrival.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Beverlyjean(f): 7:16am On Jan 21, 2021
GreatestA1:
You seem to forget everyone will remember the player with the most balon dor and best player award and that's Messi.

Cruyff won it 3 times ...Maradona and Pele dint even win 1 but who do world football talk about... balon dor can't determine greater player cos people will always b biased in the voting ...example, messi voted for neymar and mbappe ahead of Lewandowski, when it was certain that Lewandowski outperformed both

5 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Babaj145(m): 7:17am On Jan 21, 2021
Bomboiy:

I appreciate the record he just broke because I appreciate greatness but his fans shading Messi here is not a sensible act.

Dis guy u go soon cry oh..d tin really dey pain u..take heart bro..nobody dey shade messi,.from d OP's writeup self he acknowledged Ronaldo playing more games dan d messi...so what more do u want..it is already official bro, ronaldo is d greatest goal scorer in history and dat remains d fact..so its up to messi to break it..simple..so until den quit sobbing undecided..

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by uthlaw: 7:17am On Jan 21, 2021
omonla10:
he is at best, on same scoring level to Messi, or even a step lower.. Check out their goals per game ratio to separate facts from emotions
no follow them talk, time Sha tell!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Bomboiy: 7:18am On Jan 21, 2021
Godbless3:

Untill Messi win int'l competition with argentina and move to another league and team he would have take a little time to adjust, the he can't and will never be the GOAT you want him to be.
Best player is a vote process and who has fans win.
2010 is a clear picture.

Messi has won the world cup Golden ball with Argentina,a testament that he's been doing his best and his teammates were not up to par with him.

Ronaldo has not won any individual award with Portugal, he's just a carry along player.

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Kizo5(m): 7:18am On Jan 21, 2021
Bomboiy:

How is Ronaldo a better goal-scorer when Messi has more golden boots?
how I wish if u post, ur age will be tagged so we can compare ur level of foolishness with ur age. u see 760 and 719 and u can understand.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by QuintessentialW: 7:18am On Jan 21, 2021
Bomboiy:

Ronaldo has played over 150 matches more than Messi. Messi has a better goal per game ratio.

Until Ronaldo scores 91 goals in a calendar year,until he wins the European golden boot six times then Messi remains the greatest goal-scorer ever.

Have some shame, penaldo fanboy.

Senseless rivalry! Y'all just behave like kids!

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by uniqueboi1(m): 7:18am On Jan 21, 2021
Beverlyjean:

La liga

But we are talking all competitions here. Which one is la liga only?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Beverlyjean(f): 7:20am On Jan 21, 2021
uniqueboi1:

But we are talking all competitions here. Which one is la liga only?

Oh ...so ur own goal ratio is even selective

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Bomboiy: 7:20am On Jan 21, 2021
Beverlyjean:

No one cares about goal ratio guy...I can bet that they also had some players with better goal ratio than messi when he won those golden boots ... what sort of fans are these messi minions ... puskas had a better goal ratio than di stefano , but di stefano is on madris fans lips cos he was their top scorer for a long time b4 Ronaldo broke it...besides Ronaldo had a better goal per game ratio than messi when they both played in la liga

No one cares about goal ratio or you don't care about goal ratio?

If you think it is logical to compare their all time goal scoring figures without considering the fact that Ronaldo has played over 100 matches more than Messi then maybe Ronaldo is not that good.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by uthlaw: 7:21am On Jan 21, 2021
Kilishihunter:
Well even though I'm a Messi fan I have to admit without duress that Ronaldo is the greatest goal scorer in the history of this sport Congrats on this significant Record CR7
you can admit with 150games ahead and 2years above....time tell us who take the lead in goals, assist and ballon d or!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by jerry2cino(m): 7:21am On Jan 21, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Which emotions Didn't you hear me say I'm a Messi fan Overall I think Messi is better and I know he has a better goal to game ratio than Ronaldo but Ronaldo has broken this record At least let's Accord him some respect
gererehei,olodo
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Bomboiy: 7:22am On Jan 21, 2021
m140:

But Being the highest goal scorer ever is a lie, it's not fact bah, it's a new different record .
Cr7 got his , messi got his too.
But here it's the highest goal scored ever , okay is this twisted too. A 63 years record broken, is it a lie

Of course it is fact and not a lie but saying Ronaldo is a better goal-scorer than Messi is a big lie.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by 8stargeneral: 7:22am On Jan 21, 2021
The real goat..congratulations
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by DrayZee: 7:23am On Jan 21, 2021
GreatestA1:
You seem to forget everyone will remember the player with the most balon dor and best player award and that's Messi.
Is it FIFA The Best you’re talking about? Because Ronaldo has 2 of those and Messi has 1.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by COdeGenesis: 7:23am On Jan 21, 2021
obembet:

760 - Cristiano Ronaldo
759 - Josef Bican
757 - Pele
743 - Romario
742 -
740 -
738 -
736 -
730 -
728 -
725 -
722 -
720 -
719 - Lionel Messi

Put RESPECT on the name wherever you come across RONALDO!!! The true GOAT

mynd44

Like for the king

Messi will still break the record
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Godbless3(m): 7:23am On Jan 21, 2021
Bomboiy:

Messi has won the world cup Golden ball with Argentina,a testament that he's been doing his best and his teammates were not up to par with him.

Ronaldo has not won any individual award with Portugal, he's just a carry along player.

James Rodriguez has won golden shoe and golden ball in the world same as messhi grin grin grin

Ronaldo = European cup, UEFA nations cup.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by uthlaw: 7:23am On Jan 21, 2021
obembet:

My father told me about Pelé, I will tell my kids about this guy CR7

Lalasticlala
we also tell our kids about the highest goals scorer, highest assist,balon d or, dribble,passes...at long run,let see who take the lead....2years and 150games ahead of Leo!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Bomboiy: 7:24am On Jan 21, 2021
Beverlyjean:

So because higuain has the record in Italy with 36 goals that means he is a better goal scorer than Ronaldo, immobile, zlatan , del piero , inzaghi , Shevchenko, de Lima...guy...use ur head

Higuian did a one time thing,does that equate to winning six golden boots, doing three in a roll?

Ronaldo is in Seria A getting outscored by Quagiliaral,Immobile and Zapata but you are here to convince me that he is a better goal scorer than Messi. LMAO
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by DrayZee: 7:26am On Jan 21, 2021
Bomboiy:

I appreciate the record he just broke because I appreciate greatness but his fans shading Messi here is not a sensible act.
If you check, no one called Messi at first. It’s Messi fans who entered here to try and rubbish a record by talking about ratio.
If Ronaldo was a forward all his life, that talk would’ve made more sense. But no, he was a midfielder for a good period.
If we should limit the goal scoring ratio to La Liga, I think that would make more sense. But of course, we know what happened in La Liga.

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by blowjohn(m): 7:26am On Jan 21, 2021
Ronaldo wont retire until messi does.
Its gonna be hard for messi to catch up on him on this record.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Bomboiy: 7:27am On Jan 21, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Even suarez scored 40 league goals at barca , something he couldn't near at Liverpool... Spanish league is cheap...

Spanish league is cheap yet Ronaldo won just two leagues in nine years. Should I also remind you that Immobile flopped terribly at Sevilla but he won the golden playing in the difficult Seria A?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Godbless3(m): 7:27am On Jan 21, 2021
kmst1:
And the mothrfkrr cudnt give me one goal against inter milan angry

Just as Messi couldn't give people 1 goal against Liverpool.
Corner taken quickly, its Origi and a GOOOOAL

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by DrayZee: 7:28am On Jan 21, 2021
Bomboiy:

Higuian did a one time thing,does that equate to winning six golden boots, doing three in a roll?

Ronaldo is in Seria A getting outscored by Quagiliaral,Immobile and Zapata but you are here to convince me that he is a better goal scorer than Messi. LMAO
You would have added Immobile’s ratio too nau...since ratio is the most important thing.

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Bomboiy: 7:29am On Jan 21, 2021
Beverlyjean:

He had the longest scoring streak in Madrid not juve... he just equalled the record in Italy with juve

If he equalled the streak in Italy, does that mean Seria A is as easy as la Liga?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Bomboiy: 7:31am On Jan 21, 2021
tegrianonigltd:

You can’t have great men like Puyol, deco, Ronaldinho, xavi, inibobo, Sergio, Eto, etc when you are good yourself, and not become something great, these mentioned names and more were Barca, They won’t World Cup, euro cups, african nations cup, copa America with their countries, they were at the top of their games, Messi was good then, he learned well, and made use of the opportunity, and became great, Ronald from the scratch, no deco, no Ronaldinho etc

Is it easy to break into a team with these amazing players?

Ronaldo also had world class players like Scholes,Giggs and Rooney.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Tapout(m): 7:32am On Jan 21, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Puskas has a better goal ratio than messi as well ...but messi has more goals...no one cares about ratio...its only u messi fans that keep up bringing rubbish to the table.....if its not assist, its shots on target or best play maker

Modified.... no one in this forum watched biscan play , only a few watched Maradona or pele.. van Basten ,cruyff, di stefano , puskas , but they were all remembered for the goals they scored and trophies won...no one knows about the assists they made or shots on target or number of players they dribbled...there's a French player that scored about 12 goals or so in a single world cup , he has the best goal per game ratio in a world Cup but never won an international trophy, no one remembers him compared to pele or Maradona or de Lima... posterity will eventually judge ....generations to come will here the name Christiano Ronaldo, the only soccer star to have a brand name( CR7 )... many decades later, people will hear about him and ask about him more in England , Spain, Italy and Portugal cos he broke records everywhere he played...messi will only b remembered in Spain and barca... no different from di stefano... di stefano is argentine just like Maradona...but argentines only worship Maradona... if Messi don't win any international trophy just like those greats mentioned, sorry to say , he will just end up like just a another excellent player during his days... kanu, okocha , yekini are still on ur lips , but the fans for the clubs they played for have started to forget them

You made be very solid point, however whether messi wins an international trophy or not, he will still be remembered world wide as one of the excellent greatest players of all time.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Bomboiy: 7:34am On Jan 21, 2021
DrayZee:

You would have added Immobile’s ratio too nau...since ratio is the most important thing.

LMAO I was thinking you Ronaldo fans don't care about goal ratio.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike And Kanu Attend Super Eagles Vs Swaziland Match In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Lionel Messi Returns To Barcelona After Argentina's Loss To Venezuela (Photos) / Funny Twitter Memes As Supper Eagles Humiliate Cameroon 4-0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.