Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,195 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad (37963 Views)

My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey / Why Are Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity / Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by shantti(m): 9:05pm On Jan 24, 2021
kenddys:

This bros no get naija

But you suppose pity me na

Na laptop I dey sell o

I no get 2500 dolls na

Oya run am urself nah grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by kunle75(m): 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2021
nnennachiji:
I attend a Nigerian church Redeemed in Houston and is one of the best decisions ever
You can’t just conclude all Nigerian churches are bad
This particular church is a good one and really helps it’s members
They allowed my sister to bring her twins to their daycare for two years without paying
Even now what the are paying is below the normal rates
The help new immigrants to become comfortable
And can even be coming to your house to take you to church if you don’t have a car
The assist you a lot
It’s really a nice church
Even my son I have registered him to their daycare without paying but due to corona he has not been going
This church is a life saver
It’s a small church so no much gossip
I love this church

Maybe the one I attended at Houston south by bissonett, when I just came 4yrs ago but I have since moved to Midwest .

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by ednut1(m): 9:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
IceTrice01:

Actually 12.5% as at 2013, so as expected it'll be higher than that now.
just his opinion. Actual census does not come close
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by nnennachiji(f): 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2021
IceTrice01:

You dey pursue person wey build house from e house? See oppression for this world sha

Hahahahaha this is so funny
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
shantti:

Oya run am urself nah grin grin

Oya do something for me na

Buy laptop na make I get money pay

I seriously need this op
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Richdee1(m): 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2021
FuckEveryday:
Sainthilary say dem ban am for 600years for derailing that thread grin
6000 What?? lol wetin be he new moniker??
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by nnennachiji(f): 9:19pm On Jan 24, 2021
kunle75:

Maybe the one I attended at Houston south by bissonett, when I just came 4yrs ago but I have since moved to Midwest .

It’s Newlife chapel at Town Park Drive, Houston

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by ghettochild4u(m): 9:23pm On Jan 24, 2021
I tried Sulaiman church in Randburg, JHB.
Na so so money ooo.. 1000rand.. come n take this oil n annoiting... Till e to reach 100rand..
Well, nobody tell me before I leave Ooo.
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2021
The white people churches will help you far better than Nigeria churches.
Do you know how many illegal immigrate White churches in Italy, Germany and Ireland helps every day from getting documents to jobs
lefulefu:
It's to ur advantage if u attend a nigerian church wen in a foreign country cos if u have issues as a fresh immigrant then some of the members can help u.what is left for u is try and an identify which church has responsible members and apart from church make friends with nigerians wen u are in a foreign country .I don't just open up to any nigerian u see cos some would be irresponsible but there would be level headed ones who could help u.if u avoiding ur fellow country man then u just doin urself

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by DAVE5(m): 9:50pm On Jan 24, 2021
ednut1:
sorry you are not making sense. Nigerians in London are not up to 3% of the total population there. Who goes abroad thinking about how many of his country men are there Abeg

You just burst guyman bubbles like that, I can’t come and be on your bad side ohh
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by DAVE5(m): 9:52pm On Jan 24, 2021
Brightfab:

My friend go and sit down, you don't have anything to contribute to this thread.

But bros nah him create thread ohh, u wan pursue thread owner from him own thread sha

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by FuckEveryday: 9:52pm On Jan 24, 2021
Richdee1:

6000 What??
lol
wetin be he new moniker??
grin grin
Baba no even get NL time again sef, I go him side last week I understand why shocked
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by XRJP: 9:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
Leshurr:

White Pentecostal churches: Praise and worship is like a Mumford &Sons concert : bright lights, huge band on stage, loud music where everyone jumps up and down during service. You may come across a few black people here and there but will find that they are often disenfranchised and not properly integrated within the church community. They show acceptance to blacks but it's often shallow (if you know what I mean).

Hahaha

What a description cheesy cheesy

Reminds me of their songs - the cave and -winter winds

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Bbbwings: 10:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
zorani:

So how much child care money did you save in two years and how much tithe, seed and offering did you 'pay' in those two years? Waiting for your answer. Lol, you think say you wise.
grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by VTJN(m): 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
SirToby:

Person wey him head no correct
Don't reply him any longer, just let him be.
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by feedthenation(m): 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
gabicon:

Nigerians like, entertain, enjoy, and act a lot of drama, this characteristic goes with is exhibited wherever we live. It's not so much about the church, it's more about the character of the people. I lived in the UK for some time as a student, I really didn't understand why some Nigerians refused to attend Nigerian church. I attended a Nigeria church, the drama plenty, it's either the pastor or pastors wife, or members. There is barely a month you won't get some entertainment or unanswered questions. So if you are not up for drama just go attend another church. If I were you I would attend a few churches and decide on the bone that bests suits me.

---There's no perfect church---and churches aren't meant to be perfect either---Jesus Christ had 12 disciples---amongst whom where zealots---one stealing from the common purse---one with serious anger issues etc---

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Derbydebra(f): 10:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
SirToby:

Thread that I created ?

Hahahahaha
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Vlain: 10:55pm On Jan 24, 2021
SirToby:

That's shocking! Same Nigeria mentality manifesting abroad. I had the chance of relocating to London 2 years ago. but I turned it down when I discovered Nigerians are all over the place. What's the point of leaving Lagos for another Lagos Phase II (London). I think I will prefer white churches will still keeping in touch with few good Nigerians

*Smh* inferiority complex,mental slavery. U can add to the list.
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Vlain: 11:03pm On Jan 24, 2021
Aidejay:
U left naija finish. Travelled abroad,
Only to go and attend a "Nigerian church"

What about all the plenty "white man churches"

Why don't you attend the white man churches, because e be like say na their own christianity be the original.

Tufiakwa. This is so disgusting to read.
Ur inferiority complex stinks asf
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by bizhop01: 11:03pm On Jan 24, 2021
ednut1:
sorry you are not making sense. Nigerians in London are not up to 3% of the total population there. Who goes abroad thinking about how many of his country men are there Abeg
Nigerian are not even up to 0.10% of UK population
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by kunle75(m): 11:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
nnennachiji:

It’s Newlife chapel at Town Park Drive, Houston

Am not sure its same one,I don't attend naija church though.
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Richdee1(m): 12:44am On Jan 25, 2021
FuckEveryday:

grin grin
Baba no even get NL time again sef, I go him side last week I understand why shocked

Na working Guy?
Help me greet am oo
and tell am say pety princess says Hi
lol
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by eagleonearth(m): 1:38am On Jan 25, 2021
Dliquidmetal:
Lol good church or bad church omoo I've had total peace and focus since I stopped attending any church,all na just restraints and limitations to the human mind grin I would live once and I would chop it to the max. Abroad churches cant be different from what we have here(hypocrisy,envy,where they flout their expensive clothes,assistant jesus,tithes/loot,manipulations etc nothing different
you have nothing to do with church but you use a "pastor's" name as moniker Abi the pastor na SMD?
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by NovusHomo(m): 2:39am On Jan 25, 2021
[quote author=SirToby post=98294965]Good evening friends.
I was going through this thread yesterday and the writer clearly advised any new immigrant to stay from Nigerian churches abroad in other to avoid drama and Toxicity.

https://www.nairaland.com/6328171/sad-truths-living-abroad

Please I want people to share the experiences with Nigerian churches abroad.

I am planing to travel out before this year runs out and I needs to be well informed with regards to churches.
Relocating to UK (london) has never been part of my plan due to high population of Nigerians residing there. Why should I leave Nigeria for another country with high concentration of Nigerians. It makes no difference anymore.

Please kindly help us share your experiences with Nigerian churches abroad. Thanks

Cc: DisGuy, justwise[/quo

Celestial church: a place where everybody fuc** everybody; wife o, husband o, daughter o, son o...Everything goes.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by ice4u999(m): 4:14am On Jan 25, 2021
nnennachiji:
I attend a Nigerian church Redeemed in Houston and is one of the best decisions ever
You can’t just conclude all Nigerian churches are bad
This particular church is a good one and really helps it’s members
They allowed my sister to bring her twins to their daycare for two years without paying
Even now what the are paying is below the normal rates
The help new immigrants to become comfortable
And can even be coming to your house to take you to church if you don’t have a car
The assist you a lot
It’s really a nice church
Even my son I have registered him to their daycare without paying but due to corona he has not been going
This church is a life saver
It’s a small church so no much gossip
I love this church

My sister any church that provides free daycare services for 2 years is definitely one to give accolades to. remember even though you speak good of a pastor but always remember both Pastors and church members are humans and some humans will fall your hands when you least expect. I made a decision to personally avoid saying anything bad about church or Christianity because at the end saying anything negative will only push people away from christ (so I will keep my words to myself). But my only advice to you is always keep your business to yourself and don’t in the name of counselling go open your matter to church members or pastors ooo because When a dedicated member like gets back stabbed , It will hurt you like hell. Take it easy and one love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by nnennachiji(f): 5:22am On Jan 25, 2021
ice4u999:

My sister any church that provides free daycare services for 2 years is definitely one to give accolades to. remember even though you speak good of a pastor but always remember both Pastors and church members are humans and some humans will fall your hands when you least expect. I made a decision to personally avoid saying anything bad about church or Christianity because at the end saying anything negative will only push people away from christ (so I will keep my words to myself). But my only advice to you is always keep your business to yourself and don’t in the name of counselling go open your matter to church members or pastors ooo because When a dedicated member like gets back stabbed , It will hurt you like hell. Take it easy and one love
Nice thank you, what you said is so true I appreciate
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Kunja2: 6:29am On Jan 25, 2021
nnennachiji:

What do you mean by daddy and mummy crew
I told you my experience take a chill pill please
is it possible they help me relocate? I'm not sounding entitled please, just asking. I have my money, na just the visa be the issue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man's Car Hit By A Speeding Train In Ogun While Coming From Wedding (Photos) / I Have Gotten A Full Time Job In Canada. / Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.