Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,271 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us (852 Views)

There Is Great Danger Ahead For Nigeria, Gowon Warns / EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions / 2015: I See Danger Ahead — Oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by LFJ: 4:31am On Apr 03, 2011
Without any doubt, there are evidences that our future is in danger, I cry for the future of my country, I feel the pains. I don’t need soothsayer to tell me at this stage that Jonathan is currently a liability; if Jonathan wins this election, it will be another four years of business as usual.

The last 9 months of Jonathan have been wasted on one promises or another, the same way the next four year will be with promises without action; if we make another mistake to give him another four years mandate, then we must be ready to accept another four years of liability.

This is not a campaign statement; it is made out of genuine concern for my country. The rate at which people are putting up irritating arguments in favor of Jonathan is enough to confirm the danger ahead of us as a nation. Majority of people on naira land today, who are now against Jonathan have been consistent about their true love for this country.

These are the same set of people, who use this platform to condemn cabal when they denied Jonathan his constitutional right, these they do not for Jonathan, but because their reasons are beyond religious or ethnic bias.

These same set of people never fail to realize on time that Jonathan is not what we need for this country if we truly want better future. There position is not as a result of hatred for Jonathan, but because they know without putting sentiment, that will need somebody with an independent mind. These are people who their judgment or comments on Nigeria issues are beyond religion or ethnic bias. I salute these people, and I pray that that God in His infinity mercy will reward you abundantly.

• Jarus
• Aisha2
• Dayokanu
• Kobojunkie
• Pataki
• Oyb
• Etc.
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by omosoji: 5:12am On Apr 03, 2011
A Joke Called Nigeria

This may seem unpatriotic,  treasonable even. But it is real. Nigeria is  joke. The key to surviving this farce is not to take the country too seriously.
If you did, you face the risk of sustaining a heart attack. Leaders of this country are clowns. That bears stressing. I wondered where they were in the days of the theatre of the absurd.

Everywhere you turn to, the farcical nature of Nigerian leaders confront you. Our educational system, for instance, must have been created in hell. It has  suffered so much back and forth from policy inconsistencies that foreigners wonder if our leaders are not clowns. Every now and again, some bright-eyed minister would come up with an idea, and bingo! It is done.

Nigeria’s education was once a pride of the continent. Citizens of   sister African countries used to come here to study. Not anymore. Those who studied abroad, especially America, were derided. Now they are celebrated. There is a newspaper in this country which goes ecstatic at the sight of a foreign degree. Three years in a row, less than five percent of the total students that sat for NECO and WAEC score   five credits.

Those who take Nigeria seriously wonder   if we have not lost the future. They wonder out of ignorance. They only need to see the clowns calling the shots as leaders to know that this country is a huge joke.

With education in tatters, our circus clowns move on to destroy other sectors of national life. Because our universities churn out semi-literate graduates, the process  of leadership recruitment becomes a do-or- die affair.

We all know for instance, that a certain former senate president didn’t contest an election but he was shoved down the throats of our not-so- ‘distinguished’ senators- most of whom have skeletons to fill the size of a five year old cemetery! There was the story of a federal legislator (now late) who was an international scammer. He got elected into the legislature and manouvered to be chairman of the police affairs committee.

The judiciary is no different. I remember a certain High Court judge (also now late), who had a penchant for issuing interim injunctions in the night for a fee.

And the police? It is better not to talk about the police. We once had the head of police giving cover to criminals involved in all manner of sleaze and crime. Presently the ruling party willingly subverted its own constitution to accommodate the aspiration of a president who lives in denial.

As I write, the same party is busy ordering a rerun to weed out those the people voted for. The story is no different in  other political  parties. Everywhere one is confronted by the seeming rascality of the elite. People are kicking the imposition of candidates. But those clowns and comedians don’t give a hoot.

Basketmouth, Julius Agwu, Clint ‘da drunk’ and Ali Baba are known comics. The last especially is a grandmaster in the art of rib splitting humour.   He towers above all the dozen or so of the Nigeria’s burgeoning tribe of comedians. And mark you, the nations’ comics could hold their own anywhere in the world. But Ali Baba’s   amazing gift to make light of a heavy  matter places him a shoulder above his nearest competitor.But compared to Nigeria’s leaders,these guys are upstarts.

I recall an instance this   pure genius called Ali Baba, in the theatre of the absurd performing on stage. Before   the imperial presence of   ‘Baba Iyabo’ himself, Ali Baba was at his artistic and caustic best. He secured a place for himself in the hall of fame of comedians by that performance. He derided the   president maximally in his unique comical ways demonstrable only by   masters of clowning. He was unsparing of his ministers too. He began taking poke shots at President Obasanjo with the story of the contract of erecting his life size status in Ota.

During an unofficial visit  to Ota, according to Ali Baba, , an obviously impressed Obasanjo asked the supervising minister, Jerry Gana how much it was going to cost to the national treasury. An obviously excited Gana promptly responded ‘N300 million, sir!’

‘What!’, a not too pleased Obasanjo asked, ‘N300 million?’ Give me the money and I will stand there!’

Ali Baba went on. Soon after the attacks on the World Trade Centre (WTC), the world was beside the US sharing in her grief. Expectedly, world leaders were calling President Bush to commiserate with him and other Americans. Suddenly there was a call from Africa on the direct line of President Bush. Presidential aides knew that the caller must be a fellow president but which country from Africa, they couldn’t tell. They were certain the caller must be an important African leader. So they handed the phone to Bush. The first thing the caller uttered after clearing his throat as he is wont to was ‘Boosiii’. Ali Baba so mimicked Obasanjo that everyone burst out laughing, including Baba Iyabo himself.

So tell me is this country not a joke?
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by omanzo02: 2:59pm On Apr 03, 2011
LFJ :
I salute these people, and I pray that that God in His infinity mercy will reward you abundantly.

• Jarus
• Aisha2
• Dayokanu
• Kobojunkie
• Pataki
• Oyb
• Etc.

Lol, dreamer! so u think those bunch of kwarans are the true patriot on here?, I guess I now understood why most kwarans act and thinks like the sarakis, they proposed solution to change Nigeria and their state has been under the grip of a single family for decades.

I suggest they free their state first before I take their ideas serious. grin grin grin grin
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by SuperPap: 3:09pm On Apr 03, 2011
omanzo02:

Lol, dreamer! so u think those bunch of kwarans are the true patriot on here?, I guess I now understood why most kwarans act and thinks like the sarakis, they proposed solution to change Nigeria and their state has been under the grip of a single family for decades.

I suggest they free their state first before I take their ideas serious. grin grin grin grin

How does this contradict the poster? Of whose concern is it where they are from?
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2011
<<<------ Not from Kwara State . . . . .

@OP, here's hoping that for all our sakes . . . we do not continue to reward mediocrity come April 9th . . ,
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
omanzo02:

Lol, dreamer! so u think those bunch of kwarans are the true patriot on here?,

undecided ?

cheesy This just sounds funny. As though Kwarans were some kind of inferior form of humanity or something. grin
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by omanzo02: 8:46pm On Apr 04, 2011
fstranger3:

Kobojunkie is not from Kwara. she is from Offa, a suburb of Kwara.

Lets get that clear guys!

Dude,

Are u confused?, Offa is in kwara state, A friend of mine is from Ijiagbo Offa and have visited there severally. should I called a kwaran a Lagosian or what are u suggesting?

Now I understood why she so (offa) far off topic.  grin grin grin grin
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by fstranger3(m): 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^^
omanzo02:

Dude,

Are u confused?, Offa is in kwara state, A friend of mine is from Ijiagbo Offa and have visited there severally.

Now I understood why she so (offa) far off topic. grin grin grin grin

Exactly! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by LoveKing(m): 9:53pm On Apr 04, 2011
fstranger3:

Kobojunkie is not from Kwara. she is from Offa, a suburb of Kwara.

Lets get that clear guys!

LMFAO! grin
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by Rossikk(m): 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
If some of you perennial MOANERS would actually get up your backsides and actually DO SOMETHING POSITIVE as opposed to constantly coming here to disturb us with your usual essays on why Nigeria is the worst place in the universe.

Better yet, why don't you just get a real job?

The time you spend here rubbishing the country daily could have been better spent by doing something yourself to help rectify any lapses you see in the system.
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by luka1981(m): 11:33pm On Apr 04, 2011
i hate nigeria with passion. do not force people to love nigeria, instead force nigeria to take care of its people. our yesterday is better than our future. our children will call us criminals if we comtinue like this. nigeria is the devils paradise. our leaders are heartless and nigerians are fast becoming very moneyish. doing everything to make money including prostitution, scams, drug, human traficking, bribery in the highest portion. election malpractices, armed rubbery, kidnapping, bombing, millintancy. e.t.c
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by PapaBrowne(m): 1:51am On Apr 05, 2011
LFJ:

These are the same set of people, who use this platform to condemn cabal when they denied Jonathan his constitutional right, these they do not for Jonathan, but because their reasons are beyond religious or ethnic bias.

These same set of people never fail to realize on time that Jonathan is not what we need for this country if we truly want better future. There position is not as a result of hatred for Jonathan, but because they know without putting sentiment, that will need somebody with an independent mind. These are people who their judgment or comments on Nigeria issues are beyond religion or ethnic bias. I salute these people, and I pray that that God in His infinity mercy will reward you abundantly.

• Jarus ---- Yoruba

• Dayokanu ----Yoruba
• Kobojunkie-----Yoruba
• Pataki ------ Yoruba
• Oyb --------Yoruba
• Etc.

Is it by sheer coincidence that all the folks on the list are from the same ethnic group with the Vice Presidential candidate of the one whom they support grin grin grin So much for non-sentimentalism!
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by Kobojunkie: 2:00am On Apr 05, 2011
WOW !!! First I was Hausa . . . Now I am Yoruba? These ethnic bigots really cannot see what is really eating at them still? . . . Soon some numbskull will make me pakistani out of hate for pakistanis . . . ROFLMAO!!

Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by LFJ: 3:21am On Apr 05, 2011
Rossikk:

If some of you perennial MOANERS would actually get up your backsides and actually DO SOMETHING POSITIVE as opposed to constantly coming here to disturb us with your usual essays on why Nigeria is the worst place in the universe.

Better yet, why don't you just get a real job?

The time you spend here rubbishing the country daily could have been better spent by doing something yourself to help rectify any lapses you see in the system.

You are not in any way merit my response. You are still underage to fully understand the reason while we feel concern about the situation of things in the country. You may not feel what we feel because you think your people have stole enough for you to fly around. I pity you and your future, go and ask the spoil child of yesterday, they will tell you that not all that is glitter is gold.
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by Nobody: 3:35am On Apr 05, 2011
kobojunkie is igbo, for the hundreth time.
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by fstranger3(m): 3:37am On Apr 05, 2011
Thats what I thought, but her Ibo peeos keep denying her why?
Re: Evidence Of Danger Ahead Of Us by Gbawe: 5:47am On Apr 05, 2011
@OP .

There is indeed danger ahead of us because Jonathan is a callous individual with an immoral desperation that makes him ready to embrace things that can destroy Nigeria.

The Ogun State impeachment imbroglio is a perfect example. Gbenga Daniel instigated 9 lawmakers to impeach the 15 who refused to approve his N100 billion retirement fund bond . When did democracy become the rule of the minority over the majority? Rather than for Jonathan to act swiftly and decisively , to safegaurd our democratic image and legislative integrity, he was busy announcing the culprit, Daniel,  as his campaign manager for the SW region right in the middle of the impeachment debacle !!!!

Many were appalled not least because GEJ showed no inclination to do what is right so that a dangerous precedence of legislative gangsterism is not allowed to stand . Many have commented that all GEJ needed to do , as C-in-C , was to simply show recognition of the legitimacy of the 15 lawmakers , impeached unlawfully,  by giving them the protection that will allow them sit to carry out their duty. Once this is done the 15 lawmakers can immediately reverse the disgraceful action of the 9 lawmakers and sanity can quickly be restored. Instead GEJ , to the detriment of Nigeria ,  chose the path of callous selfishness and infamy because he did not want to alienate Gbenga Daniel with the primaries against Atiku looming ahead. Till today , 6 months later , nothing has been done . Jonathan has tacitly aided and abetted criminality and gross legislative misconduct !!!! With 4 year to 'play with' I have no doubt that GEJ will cause serious chaos everywhere.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, If You Win A Single Ward In South West, I Am Not Seanet02! / It Was Painful, I Went To Night Vigil And I Overslept. / Gej Got More Than 400 Thousand Votes In Jigawa, Buhari 600k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.