Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Any Hope For Front End Who Can Code But Can't Design - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any Hope For Front End Who Can Code But Can't Design (778 Views)

Is There Any Hope For A Developer Without Any Degree? / Still Can't Design Website From Scratch / Scared To Code But Want To Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Hope For Front End Who Can Code But Can't Design by SqueezedPant: 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2021
most of the compliment I see online towards front end developers are about how their UI looks neat not about how they can place things at different areas and how responsive the site is
what's my hope of someone like me getting a job knowing fully well a kindergarten can design better than me ?
I can code perfectly well , fix plugins and everything but I mostly copy designs
Re: Any Hope For Front End Who Can Code But Can't Design by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2021
That's usually where the demarcation is made between front end and back end. I don't think there are many developers that went into web and straight unto back end; everyone usually starts from front end,but along the line when you notice that anything CSS makes your heart skip, and you just can't visualize anything that looks like a UI off hand, and basically suck at aesthetics; then you'll know it's time to drift towards back end cause that's where your onion lies. kiss

4 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Front End Who Can Code But Can't Design by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2021
A designers job is different from that of a front-end developer. There hope for you.

3 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Front End Who Can Code But Can't Design by numtums(m): 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2021
SqueezedPant:
most of the compliment I see online towards front end developers are about how their UI looks neat not about how they can place things at different areas and how responsive the site is
what's my hope of someone like me getting a job knowing fully well a kindergarten can design better than me ?
I can code perfectly well , fix plugins and everything but I mostly copy designs
Sure just get yourself a ui/ux designer who would design while you code your front end
Re: Any Hope For Front End Who Can Code But Can't Design by Karleb(m): 6:41pm On Jan 23, 2021
Drawing is something nice to have but you don't need it to be a front-end developer.
Re: Any Hope For Front End Who Can Code But Can't Design by glaber: 7:30pm On Jan 23, 2021
Learn UI/UX

I understand you it can very frustrating. I was in this situation a while back, I still am, I'm still no where near good but I'm getting better.

The fact that I had to rely on someone else design(which in most times might not be available) before I code doesn't quite appeal to me, so I get myself to work nd started learning UI/UX using Adobe XD.

This is what I do now, before I start any project, I'll go on dribble, pintrest, behance and other designer's hub, and gather screenshots from designs related to the project, then I'll make my own design in Adobe XD using inspiration I got from those designs. Thank God I'm now getting better in designing.

I also took an online course like dat, though I didn't learn much sef.

The goal is not to be a professional designer but at least to know enough for your own consumption

I'll drop a link to a YouTube video later to get you started

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Front End Who Can Code But Can't Design by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 23, 2021
glaber:
Learn UI/UX

I understand you it can very frustrating. I was in this situation a while back, I still am, I'm still no where near good but I'm getting better.

The fact that I had to rely on someone else design(which in most times might not be available) before I code doesn't quite appeal to me, so I get myself to work nd started learning UI/UX using Adobe XD.

This is what I do now, before I start any project, I'll go on dribble, pintrest, behance and other designer's hub, and gather screenshots from designs related to the project, then I'll make my own design in Adobe XD using inspiration I got from those designs. Thank God I'm now getting better in designing.

The goal is not to be a professional designer but at least to know enough for your own consumption

Adobe XD is it free?
Re: Any Hope For Front End Who Can Code But Can't Design by Towbaba500(m): 7:37am On Jan 25, 2021
@op this post sums up what I actually do as well. In addition you can read this book - refactoring Ui . It's a nice book for Developers who want to get better at designing.
glaber:
Learn UI/UX

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Front End Who Can Code But Can't Design by valzey(m): 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2021
I don't think it's a frontend developer job to think up designs, however he must be able to transform any design into code .

Design is the job of a UI/UX designer.

This is my experience in more than 6 projects and up to 3 companies. The design is given to the team and we implement.

If you have the time to learn design, use that time instead to beautify your portfolio or personal projects with designs you find online .

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Front End Who Can Code But Can't Design by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:32pm On Jan 25, 2021
valzey:
I don't think it's a frontend developer job to think up designs, however he must be able to transform any design into code .

Design is the job of a UI/UX designer.

This is my experience in more than 6 projects and up to 3 companies. The design is given to the team and we implement.

If you have the time to learn design, use that time instead to beautify your portfolio or personal projects with designs you find online .
Exactly. Op if you Intend to learn design and make those kind of designs you see on Behance e fit take you like 2 years o. Even I would pay a designer to make something for me to make instead of going to go and learn design. There's so much to learn in regards to development.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Full-time Job Vacancies For Developers In A Tech Company In Ibadan, Apply Now / I Need Your Suggestions About This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.