Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,799 members, 7,844,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Solution To Kidnapping On Our High Ways - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solution To Kidnapping On Our High Ways (341 Views)

Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road / Nnamdi Kanu’s 'Abduction' Bears Semblance To Kidnapping Of Umaru Dikko In 1984 / Buhari To Security Agencies: Improve On Response To Kidnapping, Bandit Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solution To Kidnapping On Our High Ways by placement: 2:31pm On Jan 25, 2021
I don't know why the government can not stand up and solve these kidnappings problem on our highways once and for all. I am not tagging any tribe as behind this heinous act. We cant conclude that just because some Yorubas engage in rituals to judge all Yorubas as a ritualist or assume that all Igbos are drug dealers base on some criminals are apprehended in some Asian countries for drug related offences.
The same goes to the Fulanis. We can't call them kidnappers just because some of them are.
Crime doesn't have boundaries but people commit crimes. The solution.

1) The federal government should ban all open grazing in Nigeria and encourage ranching or allow states to determine if they allow grazing or not in there respective states. Doing this, any group of people found in the bush with arms will be arrested and prosecuted.

2) There should be regular aerial patrol by the air force to monitor all federal roads and the surrounding forests from the skies to make our roads safer for travel.

3) A special anti kidnapping unit should be established from the army to work in conjunction with the air Force and the police, well trained and equiped to comb all the forests in Nigeria to fish out and engage these kidnappers.

4) Government should create jobs for the youths and Nigerians in general to reduce unemployment rate in the Country.

5) All bad portions of federal roads should be repaired because most of these kidnappings often take place at these bad portions.

6) Our gun laws should be amended to give life in prisonment for possession, trafficking or manufacturing of guns or individuals should be allowed to carry weapons to protect themselves but I don't think Nigeria is ripe for this now.

Contribute to this piece if you are not a racist, fundamentalist or a religious bigot. I rest my case.

Re: Solution To Kidnapping On Our High Ways by CodeTemplar: 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2021
@point no. 4,

Govt isn't suppose to create jobs directly but provide enabling conditions for business to flourish and create jobs.
That won't happen if they keep planning how to do Ruga with poultry tax. You cannot tax farmers and use the money to set up ranches for their competition. I I
Re: Solution To Kidnapping On Our High Ways by malcom1X: 3:19pm On Jan 25, 2021
I disagree with number 4 and 6

Government can only create enabling environment for jobs.

Number 6, I believe everyone has the right to protect themselves. The criminals will always get guns illegally if you make owning guns illegall.
Re: Solution To Kidnapping On Our High Ways by placement: 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2021
CodeTemplar:
@point no. 4,

Govt isn't suppose to create jobs directly but provide enabling conditions for business to flourish and create jobs.
That won't happen if they keep planning how to do Ruga with poultry tax. You cannot tax farmers and use the money to set up ranches for their competition. I I
Right

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Raped 15 Women, Collected N50million Ransom – Igangan Residents / Video: Nigerian Man Marries Twins Today See Video / Sunday Igboho Welcome In Ogun, Says Abiodun’s Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.