Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo (20001 Views)

Practical Way You Can Start Exporting Agro Product From The Comfort Of Your Home / START EXPORTING YOUR AGRO ITEMS THROUGH US . WE HAVE ALREADY CREATED THE MARKET. / 10 Uses Of Bamboo You Should Know- Aroms Aigbehi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by NkanAkpanika: 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2021
ikorodureporta:
I think say na those palm tree leaves stalk be bamboo
Wow, haven't you seen a bamboo tree before?
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by mrfortunate1: 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2021
Akwa Ibom seems to be the only state doing well in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by Muhylonaire007: 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
Factfinder1:

Bros abeg watin be the name of your village and watin una get??

I refuse to compare my village with yours.. Una wey wan dey export bamboo grin grin grin grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by aribisala0(m): 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

That's a good question bro.
Tho Akwa ibom just commission a bamboo tissue paper factory. Other can follow sort.
Bamboo grow freely in much of the south without being planted .
There are other high value varieties that we could explore too to see if they can be grown in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by angelfallz(m): 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2021
This is good. But why not build an industry for bamboo, this would boost employment and add more value to bamboo.
Why are we making the same mistakes we made with cocoa?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by banio: 4:41pm On Jan 28, 2021
ChangedMan1999:
Is that Bamboo native to Southern Nigeria?

I thought that they are native to Asia.

Anyway, Akwa Ibom is doing great.

They are native to Niger Delta. They are very strong and yet flexible. Some masquerades use it for display, such as climbing on it while dancing, using it to float on water, and also making them very tall etc.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by ChangedMan1999(m): 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2021
banio:

They are native to Niger Delta. They are very strong and yet flexible. Some masquerades use it for display, such as climbing on it while dancing, using it to float on water, and also making them very tall etc.

Hmm.

I will like to visit ND one day and see all these

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by shamsin6300(m): 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2021
jawalis:
I don’t know how I became this bitter. I think I’m losing hope in Nigeria. Despite this news been a good and innovative move. I was intending to make a derogatory comment until i read again and interpreted that they are actually “Exporting” those stuffs. I almost said something bad but then i caution myself. May Nigeria be better.
Btw; It’s been a while I heard from Baddiefreak and Zzor. Hope you all are doing well.

Even Fati and Vanider join.
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by NkanAkpanika: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2021
aribisala0:
Bamboo grow freely in much of the south without being planted .
There are other high value varieties that we could explore too to see if they can be grown in Nigeria
Yes bro
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by NkanAkpanika: 4:48pm On Jan 28, 2021
angelfallz:
This is good. But why not build an industry for bamboo, this would boost employment and add more value to bamboo.
Why are we making the same mistakes we made with cocoa?
There is an industrial already in Akwa Ibom.
Ibom Dry bamboo tissue paper factory.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by NkanAkpanika: 4:50pm On Jan 28, 2021
banio:

Exactly
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by NkanAkpanika: 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

Hmm.

I will like to visit ND one day and see all these
You are welcome in advance

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by jawalis(m): 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2021
shamsin6300:

Even Fati and Vanider join.
I actually stopped checking on vanida06 cos she’s always pompous and feel like she ups everyone. I don’t mention Fati, I use to read her comments in Romance section. But I truly miss Zzor; she’s damn adaptive and knows when to talk and maintain decorum. Baddiefreak is bae.
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by wink2015(m): 4:58pm On Jan 28, 2021
Crude oil money that was bringing very EASY MONEY FOR NIGERIA greedy politicians looted the money.

Now state government are looking for money in a HARD WAY.

It is best trying anyway than not to try at all.
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by November24(f): 5:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
WallStreetfx:

Abi God won punish this one I scam any person from ur family or generation. Foolish people everywhere

Scammer
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by November24(f): 5:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
WallStreetfx:

Abi God won punish this one I scam any person from ur family or generation. Foolish people everywhere

No one should patronize this scammer
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by angelfallz(m): 5:13pm On Jan 28, 2021
Okay that is good.

NkanAkpanika:

There is an industrial already in Akwa Ibom.
Ibom Dry bamboo tissue paper factory.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by NkanAkpanika: 5:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
November24:

grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by NkanAkpanika: 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2021
angelfallz:
Okay that is good.

Yes dear. We are still looking for more investors

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by NkanAkpanika: 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2021
wink2015:
Crude oil money that was bringing very EASY MONEY FOR NIGERIA greedy politicians looted the money.

Now state government are looking for money in a HARD WAY.

It is best trying anyway than not to try at all.
They are need to start thinking off crude oil asap
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by NkanAkpanika: 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
n line with the federal and state government's resolve in diversifying the economy, the Chief Whip of Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly and Member Representing Ini State Constituency in the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Emmanuel Bassey has intensified effort towards its realisation.

The quest for making millions and millionaires from bamboo export came to light, Wednesday when the Member Representing Ini state Constituency in the state House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Emmanuel Bassey, gathered men, women and youth of farming age for a sensitisation workshop on the benefits of bamboo farming and export at his Constituency office, Odoro Ikpe, Ini local Government Area.

The Assemblyman in company of Mr. Travis Hargett, from California, a Director of Supply Development, Global Bamboo Technologies Incorporated, a subsidiary of BamCore Group, Ocala, Florida, USA and Mr Ukeme Nyah, the Managing Director of Brave Heart Farms Limited, toured some villages in Ini to inspect the various sites of bamboo plantation.

While on the microphone, Mr Hargett who explained the benefits of Bamboo said, apart from being used as scarfolds for building and farming support, Bamboo has some ecological and economic benefits, including job creation. He indicated the company's interest in the purchase of bamboo.

"In the post oil world, bamboo can be a substitute. Its structural strength is massive. It is six times more carbon-dioxide and has
reverse in the impact of climate change. It is much more than a traditional tree; it is used for furniture and more", Hargett enumerated.

Hon. Emmanuel Bassey in his assertion, explained that Bamboo business was an opportunity for investment which will in no time have a multiplier effect on the economy of the area and the state, adding that politics will come and go, but an enterpenuer will always smile.

"I have been made to understand that there are more than one thousand species of bamboo and luckily for us the species we have is what they want and it can be purchased. I am not talking politics. I want you to have the mind of an enterpenuer and see how you will smile in the end. I can assure you that we will make millions out in the business in no time" Bassey stressed.

The chairman of Ini local government Council, Rt. Hon. Israel Idaisin who welcomed the guests said Ini has a vast arable land to cultivate bamboo and other viable farm goods. "This is an open door for the people, bamboo farming is a good business which can generate income I assure you that we will partner with you. I must also say that we want to be co-investors not just partners".

A business expert from Polaris Bank, Mr Seyi said that growing bamboo for export was a cool business and that Ini Local Government Area was a safe haven for bamboo. He further stated that it was an opportunity to take people off the streets.

An elder who participated in the workshop, Barr Edet Inyang Idim, appreciated the House Member for being able to bring Mr Travis all the way from California to Ini LGA. He then advised that no evil should be heard among the youth in the course of doing the bamboo business He equally advised that indigenes should stop cutting down bamboo in order to have surplus for export.

At the end of the session, participants were given opportunity to clear their doubts and the following questions were asked and answered accordingly:

Question:How can we be empowered to start a bamboo business?

Answer: At pilot stage, you start by exporting the product, then you can consider investment.

QuestionsadJeremiah Sunday Akpan)How do we access the farm to harvest the bamboo since there is no access road and it's location is swampy?

Answer: The company will devise a means. It is an opportunity to make money, people will cut down, others will load and offload,..in general, it will be well coordinated.

Question: Akaninyene Ndarake Akpan,(Iwerre)When do we start the cultivation process?

Answer: We will assess the bamboo farm after which decision will be taken to start the selling processs.

Question:Samuel Udo James (mbiabet Ikpe)
How beneficial is it to our land the truth being that it occupies and destroys other cash crops around it?

Answer: It can grow on certain land like swampy areas where other cash crop cannot grow and We will sign an offtake guarantee agreement.

Question: What is the quantity demanded for purchase?

Answer: The company has demand of 7-10containers of bamboo.
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by WallStreetfx(m): 5:25pm On Jan 28, 2021
November24:

Since your prayer is no one to patronise me. I put ur matter for God
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by IbrahimSkiba(f): 5:28pm On Jan 28, 2021
jawalis:
I don’t know how I became this bitter. I think I’m losing hope in Nigeria. Despite this news been a good and innovative move. I was intending to make a derogatory comment until i read again and interpreted that they are actually “Exporting” those stuffs. I almost said something bad but then i caution myself. May Nigeria be better.
Btw; It’s been a while I heard from Baddiefreak and Zzor. Hope you all are doing well.

God will see Us through

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by PETUK(m): 5:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Don't worry, Nigerian bamboo is very strong!

smiley
Rush hour 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2021
PETUK:

Rush hour 2

Yeeeaaaaaah!
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by Kingrefreshed: 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Na business opportunity I want relate with you oo.
Abeg shift before you start insulting me oo

Una no well for here Walahi. I answered your question and now youre having anxiety already embarassed
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by NkanAkpanika: 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2021
PETUK:

Rush hour 2
grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by NkanAkpanika: 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2021
Kingrefreshed:

Una no well for here Walahi. I answered your question and now youre having anxiety already embarassed
Hmm is well oo
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by PETUK(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

grin
Nkid ke paper o naha eh export nyayaha,
Abiong mmo abah ke Akwa Ibom o

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by Josywhyte: 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
Akwa ibom isongo....Akwa ibom ayaya

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by shamsin6300(m): 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
jawalis:

I actually stopped checking on vanida06 cos she’s always pompous and feel like she ups everyone. I don’t mention Fati, I use to read her comments in Romance section. But I truly miss Zzor; she’s damn adaptive and knows when to talk and maintain decorum. Baddiefreak is bae.

I miss vanida06 no doubt, but Fati & zzor are my favourite paddy.
As for Fati; i know she is busy with school stuff now, for zzor smiley i can't tell.
As for Vanida, is hell long that i heard from her. I just hope all is well with her. cry
Re: Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo by NkanAkpanika: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2021
PETUK:

Nkid ke paper o naha eh export nyayaha,
Abiong mmo abah ke Akwa Ibom o
Idoke a fan nkpo ke afo de idoko ekondo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Investing In Palm Kernel Processing / Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen / Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.