Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,397 members, 7,850,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano (9156 Views)

My Bad Experience With Copart Shipping / Nissan Murano Gear Oil...urgently Needed / 2008 Registered Black Nissan Murano. 1 Yr Written Warranty on Gear -800k- SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Bestman2021: 2:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
vertueptime:
Usually if u buy a clean murano, just change the engine and gear to toyota Sienna, ul enjoy it better.

Someone suggested this but at the time this suggestion was made, I had already lost close to a million naira because of the car.

I just decided to cut my losses and move on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by aieromon(m): 2:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
Another "popular car"
https://www.nairaland.com/3237223/congrt-mr-obasi.from-port-harcourt

The premium tears
https://www.nairaland.com/3538667/cityhood-dada-motors-wont-refund

The connecting dots? No physical inspection by the buyer

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Bestman2021: 2:55pm On Jan 30, 2021
aieromon:
Another "popular car"
https://www.nairaland.com/3237223/congrt-mr-obasi.from-port-harcourt

The premium tears
https://www.nairaland.com/3538667/cityhood-dada-motors-wont-refund

The connecting dots? No physical inspection by the buyer

Quite right. Like I've already stated in the thread, it was the first mistake I made. The second mistake was buying a Murano.

It's unwise to believe what a Nigerian auto dealer tells you about a car he's trying to sell to you. If you can't physically go with a mechanic and inspect the car, just forget it.

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2021
Bestman2021:

This is just the honest fact. Sheikhgeorge is just talking persuasively, exactly like the seller that sold the rubbish to me lmao.

Man gave me stories of Audi he used that has lasted more than a Toyota he bought, stories of his neighbor that has been using a Murano for 50 years, etc. I fell for his convincing stories against the advice of every mechanic and friend I talked to about the Murano before I bought it. This car set me back by more than a million.

Every car has issues, from Corolla to Camry to Golf; but sticking to reliable, popular and trusted brands, especially if you don't make millions in a year is how to play safe. Buy the popular cars you see on the roads abeg.

You 4got to add that I counted good $$$ to buy my audi directly from Yankee and shipped it personally and not 700k. A good car is not automatic. Once not buying brand new, you check very well. Face it man. What exactly do you think that you would buy in luxury car that was sold for 700k? Even my 05 camry i sold North of 1.2m after 2 years. My mdx ppl have price 1m I no gree sell. You bought junk. If you buy a Toyota junk car, it is still junk. That is the point I am making. Its not about the murano. It was about your expectation that a 700k car is a car. Next time, buy tokunbo. Even toyota sef I do not buy 9ja used. Go to ladipo and see how much people spend on these cars at above 100k miles. Every car can be maintained afterall there are after market parts. Just buy and replace and move on. You bought a car you could not afford to maintain also, even if you had bought a tokunbo. Know the price of regular parts. And if you think toyota is cheap to maintain, go to ebay and compare price of the original brand new parts to that of other cars. Go and buy a badly abused toyota camry or corolla and come back with sub stories again. The stories he told you were irrelevant to the fact he sold you a junk car.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Jhayflamez: 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2021
Sheikhgeorge:
That is your beloved toyota camry 2007 to 2009. From above 100k miles, bad engine and transmission. Check the reviews 2005 murano few reported engine and transmission failures and those with engine failures i am sure did not follow the oil change interval. A solid 4.5 against camry 4.2. Go figure.

Solid fire
You have to put into consideration that many people use Camry as opposed to Murano
1000 people rating Camry 4.2 is better than 5 people rating murano 4.5.
Don’t use that review rating as a strong point

8 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Bestman2021: 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
Sheikhgeorge:

You 4got to add that I counted good $$$ to buy my audi directly from Yankee and shipped it personally and not 700k. A good car is not automatic. Once not buying brand new, you check very well. Face it man. What exactly do you think that you would buy in luxury car that was sold for 700k? Even my 05 camry i sold North of 1.2m after 2 years. My mdx ppl have price 1m I no gree sell. You bought junk. If you buy a Toyota junk car, it is still junk. That is the point I am making. Its not about the murano. It was about your expectation that a 700k car is a car. Next time, buy tokunbo. Even toyota sef I do not buy 9ja used. Go to ladipo and see how much people spend on these cars at above 100k miles. Every car can be maintained afterall there are after market parts. Just buy and replace and move on. You bought a car you could not afford to maintain also, even if you had bought a tokunbo. Know the price of regular parts. And if you think toyota is cheap to maintain, go to ebay and compare price of the original brand new parts to that of other cars. Go and buy a badly abused toyota camry or corolla and come back with sub stories again. The stories he told you were irrelevant to the fact he sold you a junk car.

Naija used Nissan Murano is dead cheap. Like, ridiculously cheap and there's a reason why.

Buy a Tokumbo Murano at any amount and try putting it up for sale after two years. There's a reason why you'll find it very hard to get buyers in Nigeria. Buying a car with zero second hand value in Nigeria is like shooting yourself in the head. Goggle Nissan Murano for sale here on nairaland and see the prices for yourself, and the prices people are pricing it. Dead cheap price for an SUV. There is a reason why. In fact, when I was looking for a solution, many mechanics even refused to touch it just because it is a Murano. We don't have enough knowledgeable mechanics here in Nigeria to indulge in cars like Murano.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by weyreypey: 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
Bestman2021:

Naija used Nissan Murano is dead cheap. Like, ridiculously cheap and there's a reason why.

Buy a Tokumbo Murano at any amount and try putting it up for sale after two years. There's a reason why you'll find it very hard to get buyers in Nigeria. Buying a car with zero second hand value in Nigeria is like shooting yourself in the head. Goggle Nissan Murano for sale here on nairaland and see the prices for yourself, and the prices people are pricing it. Dead cheap price for an SUV. There is a reason why. In fact, when I was looking for a solution, many mechanics even refused to touch it just because it is a Murano. We don't have enough knowledgeable mechanics here in Nigeria to indulge in cars like Murano.

A lot of us don't buy cars for resale

7 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Bestman2021: 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
weyreypey:

A lot of us don't buy cars for resale

Congratulations. A lot of us resale and add more cash when we wish to upgrade after some years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Euegene100001: 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2021
grin
izuch:
You even recovered part of your money? Wait till you hear the gist of what I passed through when I was conned into buying a Nigerian used Honda legend, those dealers can make you go to the market naked under the guise that you have a great skin undecided
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Bestman2021: 11:27pm On Jan 30, 2021
Someone who knows what I went through with that Murano just sent me this post she saw on Twitter. Title of the thread is WHAT IS THE MOST PROBLEMATIC CAR MAKE/MODEL YOU KNOW?

Go through it and notice live witness accounts of Murano users wailing about how it nearly sent them back to the village. All those users can't be lying. Murano is just a complex and shitty car not fit for our environment yet.

https://twitter.com/GbemiOO/status/1355485878550933508?s=20

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Kenplenty: 2:59am On Jan 31, 2021
NaMe4:

I experienced this also.

What caused it was a blocked exhaust. The catalyst body was burned out and the burned deposits blocked the exhaust.

That wad what happened, block exhaust and scan will not dictate it.
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by idu1(m): 3:25am On Jan 31, 2021
vertueptime:
Usually if u buy a clean murano, just change the engine and gear to toyota Sienna, ul enjoy it better.

Really?
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by diportivo: 5:27am On Jan 31, 2021
Bestman2021:
Someone who knows what I went through with that Murano just sent me this post she saw on Twitter. Title of the thread is WHAT IS THE MOST PROBLEMATIC CAR MAKE/MODEL YOU KNOW?

Go through it and notice live witness accounts of Murano users wailing about how it nearly sent them back to the village. All those users can't be lying. Murano is just a complex and shitty car not fit for our environment yet.

twitter wey 80 per of them never drive car before wey be say na hearsay dem dey follow?? undecided

I saw a lot of hinda comments too..and na dem say dem say be honda talk most times

captainking:
a simple search on nairaland will bring up details of car dealers who advertized nissan murano in december 2020 and tagged the post ..sold in thrid of last week of december..

there is a possibility that one of them sold the car....

coolcars how far

skillsauto howfar...

if na skiilz,den all hope were lost from the beginning cos the ride is converted and I even commented it on the thread.no way buyer wld av enjoyed it for 2 days straight

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by weyreypey: 10:32am On Jan 31, 2021
diportivo:

if na skiilz,den all hope were lost from the beginning cos the ride is converted and I even commented it on the thread.no way buyer wld av enjoyed it for 2 days straight

You're guilty. I have always instructed you to stop playing but pass your message with seriousness for it to be effectual
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by kingbee90: 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
Bestman2021:

Oga stop using Twitter as a yardstick to measure Murano's durability.
In my earlier post on this thread, I said you are partly to be blamed for your woes but after my investigation, I have realized that you are to be blamed 100%.
I have seen the silver colour Murano you bought & here are my observations:
(1). The unit you bought is not the American spec which our Naija Nissan rewires & mechanics are conversant with BUT the more complex European spec from the united kingdom.
(2). The car was obviously converted from Right to Left hand drive which I'm sure was not properly done. Driving a converted Nissan Murano is as good as trekking because of its complex electrical system.
(3). Since you were not there to physically inspect the car, you should have requested from the dealer, a picture or video of the dashboard which I'm sure would have displayed alot of Xmas warning lights being a poorly converted Murano.

Nissan Murano uses an award winning VQ35DE 3.5Ltr engine(one of the best & powerful v6 engines ever produced in that era). The electrical system is also very durable if not abused. The only downside is the camshaft & crankshaft sensors which can fail(just as it can fail in any other vehicle) & it doesn't fail without giving you a warning for about 3 weeks before it stops working.
The CVT transmission is one of the smoothest transmission you can find and it's very fast & responsive to drive as well as well as helping the fuel economy of the car. Nissan Murano has better fuel economy than a 2005 Honda CR-V & many other 4 cylinder engines and this is a fact.
However, the CVT is very fragile & you must always gauge & monitor your dipstick regular for shortage or change in oil colour & you must use only CVT NS2 oil.
A kazeem must not touch it at all. A Murano owner should own a scanner so that when a code shows up, he knows what is wrong & drives to the mechanic/rewire to fix it instead of guess work.
Lastly, Muranos come with Fwd or Awd. The Fwd is more reliable because the owner has JUST the CVT transmission to worry about but the AWD owners have the CVT transmission, transfer case & rear differential to worry about and oil must never run dry in the transfer case if not it will damage the CVT transmission. Always monitor the Transfer case for leakages because the seals crack easily & if you have a leakage, you either change the seals or you keep topping oil in the case.
Nissan Murano is a beautiful Cuv. More beautiful than Rx330, faster and has a better BOSE sound system. For you to own one, you must be ready to put in more work on its maintenance & if you adhere strictly to the rules of the car, it can serve you better than a Toyota or a Honda.

PEACE!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by femi4: 3:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
kingbee90:

Oga stop using Twitter as a yardstick to measure Murano's durability.
In my earlier post on this thread, I said you are partly to be blamed for your woes but after my investigation, I have realized that you are to be blamed 100%.
I have seen the silver colour Murano you bought & here are my observations:
(1). The unit you bought is not the American spec which our Naija Nissan rewires & mechanics are conversant with BUT the more complex European spec from the united kingdom.
(2). The car was obviously converted from Right to Left hand drive which I'm sure was not properly done. Driving a converted Nissan Murano is as good as trekking because of its complex electrical system.
(3). Since you were not there to physically inspect the car, you should have requested from the dealer, a picture or video of the dashboard which I'm sure would have displayed alot of Xmas warning lights being a poorly converted Murano.

Nissan Murano uses an award winning VQ35DE 3.5Ltr engine(one of the best & powerful v6 engines ever produced in that era). The electrical system is also very durable if not abused. The only downside is the camshaft & crankshaft sensors which can fail(just as it can fail in any other vehicle) & it doesn't fail without giving you a warning for about 3 weeks before it stops working.
The CVT transmission is one of the smoothest transmission you can find and it's very fast & responsive to drive as well as well as helping the fuel economy of the car. Nissan Murano has better fuel economy than a 2005 Honda CR-V & many other 4 cylinder engines and this is a fact.
However, the CVT is very fragile & you must always gauge & monitor your dipstick regular for shortage or change in oil colour & you must use only CVT NS2 oil.
A kazeem must not touch it at all. A Murano owner should own a scanner so that when a code shows up, he knows what is wrong & drives to the mechanic/rewire to fix it instead of guess work.
Lastly, Muranos come with Fwd or Awd. The Fwd is more reliable because the owner has JUST the CVT transmission to worry about but the AWD owners have the CVT transmission, transfer case & rear differential to worry about and oil must never run dry in the transfer case if not it will damage the CVT transmission. Always monitor the Transfer case for leakages because the seals crack easily & if you have a leakage, you either change the seals or you keep topping oil in the case.
Nissan Murano is a beautiful Cuv. More beautiful than Rx330, faster and has a better BOSE sound system. For you to own one, you must be ready to put in more work on its maintenance & if you adhere strictly to the rules of the car, it can serve you better than a Toyota or a Honda.

PEACE!
This is turning to cliche, as if other brands didn't go through any form of maintenance

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by weyreypey: 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2021
Bestman2021:
I opened this new moniker to share my bad experience with a Nissan Murano I bought last month.

From now on, I'll stop blaming Nigerians for being Toyota zombies.

This thread is not to tarnish the business of the seller. I don't have a problem with him. I just want to share my personal experience about using a Nissan Murano.

I bought a Nissan Murano SUV in December 2020 from a dealer in nairaland, and despite the advice of some mechanics I consulted, I foolishly went with the opinion of the dealer that those mechanics have outdated knowledge and they're dissuading me from buying a cheap SUV I'll enjoy. That once I stick to using NS2 CVT gear oil, and do regular maintenance, I won't have any problems with the car.

So I paid for the car and paid a driver to drive it down to my state for me.

https://www.nairaland.com/6302339/registered-2006-nissan-murano-850k#98612882
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Bestman2021: 7:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
femi4:
This is turning to cliche, as if other brands didn't go through any form of maintenance

Don't mind them. No form of lengthy essay can change the personal experiences of people who will never near a Murano in their lifetime again. We simply don't have enough knowledgeable and competent mechanics for such a car.

May God keep caterpillars and cankerworms far from our finances in future. May we never use our money to buy what will give us headache and sleepless nights again o. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by weyreypey: 7:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
Bestman2021:

Don't mind them. No form of lengthy essay can change the personal experiences of people who will never near a Murano in their lifetime again. We simply don't have enough knowledgeable and competent mechanics for such a car.

May God keep caterpillars and cankerworms far from our finances in future. May we never use our money to buy what will give us headache and sleepless nights again o. Amen.

Amen and Amen. One Honda Civic nearly ruined my life, followed by a Peugeot 206, since then I have found solace in the Mercedes Benz.

4 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Bestman2021: 7:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
weyreypey:

https://www.nairaland.com/6302339/registered-2006-nissan-murano-850k#98612882

No bro. It's not this car that I bought. It's not Skillz that sold the one I bought to me. The exterior of the one I bought was cleaner than this one. Almost as clean as Tokumbo. But I suspect the seller used pictures of when the car came into the country few years ago to post the advert coz when I received the car, a lot of things were broken inside. Dashboard plastic looked ancient. Wire was used to sow a part of it together. Then that lever you pull for the bonnet to open wasn't there anymore. Just a metallic wire hanging down below there that you need to grab a cloth while pulling before the bonnet can open.

There were also lots of unconnected electrical wires hanging down below where the throttle and brakes were located. It was an abused car interiorly and I take the blame for trusting the persuasive words of a dealer and buying without sending a mechanic for thorough inspection. Nigerian Auto dealers shouldn't be given that kind of trust.

The seller that sold the Murano to me deleted the advert and the pictures and his comments in the thread and changed all to sold after I made transfer of funds.

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by weyreypey: 7:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
Bestman2021:

No bro. It's not this car that I bought. It's not Skillz that sold the one I bought to me. The exterior of the one I bought was cleaner than this one. Almost as clean as Tokumbo. But I suspect the seller used pictures of when the car came into the country few years ago to post the advert coz when I received the car, a lot of things were broken inside. Dashboard plastic looked ancient. Wire was used to sow a part of it together. Then that lever you pull for the bonnet to open wasn't there anymore. Just a metallic wire hanging down below there that you need to grab a cloth while pulling before the bonnet can open.

There were also lots of unconnected electrical wires hanging down below where the throttle and brakes were located. It was an abused car interiorly and I take the blame for trusting the persuasive words of a dealer and buying without sending a mechanic for thorough inspection. Nigerian Auto dealers shouldn't be given that kind of trust.

The seller that sold the Murano to me deleted the advert and the pictures and his comments in the thread and changed all to sold after I made transfer of funds.

That one is worse than your purchase.....

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by stevetemi(m): 8:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
I think u too ought to read in between lines. Nissan Murano for 700k!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by honda001: 8:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
Bestman2021:
if u can not name d seller...then remain shut pls....next thread

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Ibyno(m): 9:22pm On Jan 31, 2021
Bestman2021:
25% of what I bought it for. Big loss but I was happy when they told me it's been sold. That car gave me high blood pressure and constant headache.

lol; shabi na u wan drive SUV , God save u, that car for deal with u.
Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by aieromon(m): 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
Bestman2021:

The exterior of the one I bought was cleaner than this one. Almost as clean as Tokumbo. But I suspect the seller used pictures of when the car came into the country few years ago to post the advert coz when I received the car, a lot of things were broken inside. Dashboard plastic looked ancient. Wire was used to sow a part of it together. Then that lever you pull for the bonnet to open wasn't there anymore. Just a metallic wire hanging down below there that you need to grab a cloth while pulling before the bonnet can open.

Since you have decided to protect the identity of the dealer and aggressively attack the Nissan Murano in spite of the classic signs that you were hoodwinked into buying an abused car, I have nothing more to say.

Exits thread.....

10 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by poik(m): 10:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
[quote author=aryzgreat post=98536844]Murano purchase always end in premium tears[/quote
Anything with a Nissan logo, i will not touch with a ten foot pole. I have not heard of a happy ending with any of those cars.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by odimbannamdi(m): 12:28am On Feb 01, 2021
Bestman2021:

After all of these deceitful acts from the seller, you still dont want to mention him here so that we will pay him a visit, abi?

...exits thread too

8 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by Freetech: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2021
The guy is protecting the seller because she is a lady. She live in Ikorodu and i have her number.

She offered me the Murano too but I decline on price issue. She used an ad of a Murano of 550k as a bait. When you chat her up she will offer you another one. Very neat indeed.

Op would have disclosed the identity, if the seller is a guy

6 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by weyreypey: 6:44am On Feb 05, 2021
Bestman2021:

You deserve each other. You and the seller. Exits thread

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by donJ2(m): 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2021
Bestman2021:
It was a Nissan Murano 2005 SUV. I bought the car for 700k.

The fan belt cut thrice on its journey. Estimated journey of 6 hours took 12 hours.

When it arrived, I took it to a mechanic to change all the fan belts. It was done.

After that, I noticed the throttle could not accelerate the car. The car drags slowly and cannot climb the culvert in front of my house.

I started looking for a Nissan specialist. There was none in my state. I settled for a mechanic that had high recommendation from colleagues and friends. We changed the fuel pump, the air flow meter, the spark plugs, installed a new alternator, and and a new Korean battery 75amp.

The thruttle wasn't still working. You'd have to press the thruttle to the floor of the car before the car will start rolling.

We scanned the car and it threw up several codes.

I made enquiries and hired a mechanic from Osogbo coz they said he's good. He made estimate of things to change and took 120k to get to work.

Lol This issue is a small electrical issue I fixed with 5,000. It took the Rewire guy 10mins to fix it...in Lagos though

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Nissan Murano by donJ2(m): 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2021
Bestman2021:
After three days of living in my house and working on the car, he couldn't fix it.

I asked mechanics to put it up for sale but no mechanic would take it from me to put it up for sale. They said no one will buy it. It will occupy unnecessary space in their workshop because the popular belief is that Nissan Murano is not a good SUV.

I contacted the dealer I bought the car from and he assured me that it wasn't a problem, that maybe those mechanics don't have knowledge of Nissan Murano. We both shared the belief that the first mechanic who repaired the cut fan belts and changed the engine oil (Mobil 1) and gear oil for me with NS2 CVT gear oil I bought myself must have tampered with the car unnecessarily and couldn't put it back in shape after.

After three weeks of exhausting all the mechanics and rewire guys in my state and nearby states, and pouring over 200k extra into the car hoping it would work, I sold the car as scrap.

It's a pity, when I changed fan belt this same thing happened, I noticed it's only Lagos that have Murrano Mechanics.

If you still had the car, I would have given you useful tips,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Viperman, Inspired Men I Need A Carina E / Clean 2006 Lexus Es330 naija Used @N1.7M / Auction Export - Refer A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.