Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,645 members, 7,851,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:32 PM

Is There No Hausa Elders? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There No Hausa Elders? (1564 Views)

Abia: Don’t Be Fierce In Your Reprisal, Igbo Elders Beg Military / No Hausa/ Fulani Man Will Climb This Pole To See Tinubu Except Obi / Why No Hausa Man Showing Interest To Contests For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
yorubarere:

I can't get it. Can you help me? And I specifically mentioned NW not NC. Those are no north, they are middle beltans and Fulani have no power over them.
You can't get the answer since u're denying facts!
Arewa consultative forum has all kinds of people from all backgrounds, there is no prominent tribal association in he North, even Miyetti Allah is for herders not all Fulani. There is serious inclusiveness of religion, ethnic and regional aspect in all Northern groups.
There is nothing like middlebelt in Nigeria, all sort of gibberish & conspiracies abt NC can't give meaning with Nasarawa, Niger, Kogi, Kwara and perhaps Plateau states. Paying dangerous ethno-religious politics around Benue state will not make the players win the game.
North is beyond one tribe or religion, only in the south ppl feel one zone should belong to only one tribe or religion.

1 Like

Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by yorubarere: 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2021
Coronabirus:
You can't get the answer since u're denying facts!
Arewa consultative forum has all kinds of people from all backgrounds, there is no prominent tribal association in he North, even Miyetti Allah is for herders not all Fulani. There is serious inclusiveness of religion, ethnic and regional aspect in all Northern groups.
There is nothing like middlebelt in Nigeria, all sort of gibberish & conspiracies abt NC can't give meaning with Nasarawa, Niger, Kogi, Kwara and perhaps Plateau states. Paying dangerous ethno-religious politics around Benue state will not make the players win the game.
North is beyond one tribe or religion, only in the south ppl feel one zone should belong to only one tribe or religion.
You are still not giving me a name. Common, let's make this educative without unnecessary rants. Shall we?

You are yet to give me any facts, yet, you said I am denying it. Is that logical?

Gimme a name of a prominent Hausa politician or Hausa Emir.

2 Likes

Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by yorubarere: 3:29pm On Jan 31, 2021
christistruth01:

Kwankwanso is Hausa and was a deliberate Obasanjo pick for Kano Governor where he served 2 terms
I am sure you saw a screenshot up there that disputed ur claims.

Why is it hard to just give one name of an emir or politician that is Hausa?

2 Likes

Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by christistruth01: 12:06am On Feb 01, 2021
yorubarere:

I am sure you saw a screenshot up there that disputed ur claims.

Why is it hard to just give one name of an emir or politician that is Hausa?

The Emir of Daura is Hausa

The British favoured his family because his ancestor.was an ally of the British against the Fulani Warlords in Daura Area who fought the British and gave them so much trouble

The Hausa dynasty in Daura a very important and Historical ancient Hausa town were still fighting the Fulani Warlord there when the British arrived.

The Fulani Warlords gave the British so much trouble that they had to team up with the Hausa to defeat him that was how the Hausa dynasty got the throne back in Daura

The story may not be perfect but that is the Summary of the Struggle that happened before the British could take over Daura.

The Emir of Ilorin is also Hausa that is why he is called Gambari which means Hausa in Yoruba.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daura_Emirate#:~:text=In%201805%2C%20during%20the%20Fulani,new%20Katsina%20State%20in%201987.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Daura-Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by Dedetwo(m): 1:00am On Feb 01, 2021
yorubarere:
Don't be surprised by my question. I just needed an answer to it. I have being noticing this for a while and I intended to draw attention to it from the northerners (especially those from North West).

This question is brought to the fore by the issue of Yoruba/Fulani faceoff days ago. Most of the Northern elders that spoke were Fulani.

1. the governors
2. Emirs
3. Imams

.....and former political officer holders were all Fulani.

More intriguing is the fact that the 2 presidential candidates from north west and east in last general elections were Fulani. And the last president from North, Yaradua is also a Fulani man from northwest (same Katsina with Buhari).

Is it that Hausa are not qualified to rule their own lands or there is something we don't know yet?

Cc:
arrewa, helinues and other northerners good in their political histories should come and enlighten us.

Hausa do not exist anymore as an ethnic group. Even other minority groups in northern region of Nigeria are about to go under. They were captured by Fulani jihadists and subjugated for good. They had opportunity to spring free in 1966 yet they blew the it.
Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by AlphaSoul: 2:57am On Feb 01, 2021
christistruth01:

Kwankwanso is Hausa and was a deliberate Obasanjo pick for Kano Governor where he served 2 terms
Is it true he has a Yoruba lineage?

I know that Gen. Murtala Muhamed is a Berom man from Jos South, via his biological father who converted
to Islam when it was a taboo to
do so among the Berom, and went to live in Kano where Murtala Muhammed was born. He is not
Hausa like some wrongly assume.
Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by AlphaSoul: 3:06am On Feb 01, 2021
christistruth01:

The British favoured his family because his ancestor.was an ally of the British against the Fulani Warlord in Daura Area who fought the British and gave them so much trouble

The Hausa dynasty in Daura a very important and Historical ancient Hausa town were still fighting the Fulani Warlord there when the British arrived.

The Fulani Warlord gave the British so much trouble that they had to team up with the Hausa to defeat him that was how the Hausa dynasty got the throne back in Daura

The story may not be perfect but that is the Summary of the Struggle that happened before the British could take over Daura.

The Emir of Ilorin is also Hausa that is why he is called Gambari which means Hausa in Yoruba.
Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by Dedetwo(m): 5:37am On Feb 01, 2021
Coronabirus:
OP is still going to lose this bet again. The whole Hausa-Fulani dominant Northern part of the nation is called Hausa land, Nigerians especially Northerners speak Hausa than any other language, most of Northern culture & tradition is Hausa adopted but I've never seen an article called "Hausa colonisation of Nigeria/North"
My father is Fulani and only understand Hausa language and I'm very content and proud of it. Hausa and Fulani are covalently blended, can't be divided by any mere media propaganda.

Coronavirus, there is nothing such as Hausa-Fulani in human nature. It is either you are Hausa or Fulani. It is very hard to ask coronavirus to grow some brains.

1 Like

Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by Dedetwo(m): 5:45am On Feb 01, 2021
yorubarere:

I can't get it. Can you help me? And I specifically mentioned NW not NC. Those are no north, they are middle beltans and Fulani have no power over them.

Are you from Nigeria? I guess you are a product of free education. How can you write the middle belt of Nigeria is not North? In fact, entire northern region of Nigeria was under the native authority of Emirate including Ilorin. People who do not want to accept the reality in Nigeria always fall the crap middle belt. There has never a thing called middle belt region in Nigeria.
Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by yorubarere: 6:41am On Feb 01, 2021
Dedetwo:

Are you from Nigeria? I guess you are a product of free education. How can you write the middle belt of Nigeria is not North? In fact, entire northern region of Nigeria was under the native authority of Emirate including Ilorin. People who do not want to accept the reality in Nigeria always fall the crap middle belt. There has never a thing called middle belt region in Nigeria.
Loads of trash from secondary drop out.

1 Like

Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by yorubarere: 6:45am On Feb 01, 2021
christistruth01:

The British favoured his family because his ancestor.was an ally of the British against the Fulani Warlord in Daura Area who fought the British and gave them so much trouble

The Fulani Warlord gave the British so much trouble that they had to team up with the Hausa to defeat him that was how the Hausa dynasty got the throne back in Daura

Can you give us a link to back this up. And also the name of the emir. Hausa an emir from buhari own's town. That should be a joke. But anyways, give us the emir name and necessary historical links to back up your claims. Thanks
Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by yorubarere: 6:46am On Feb 01, 2021
It is actually funny how u guys are struggling to provide just one name. What if we ask for 50?

1 Like

Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by Oharina(m): 8:38am On Feb 01, 2021
christistruth01:

Dangote and Kwakwanso are Hausa don't say what you don't know.
Don't say what you do not know too. Dangote is a fulani man, that am sure of. And i bet my two scrotum that kwakwanso is a fulani too
Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by Oharina(m): 8:41am On Feb 01, 2021
yorubarere:

Dangote is Hausa but kwankwanso is Fulani.

Meanwhile, my op never mentioned "rich men"... It is purely where are the "Hausa leaders". Except you can show me that dangote is an emir, sultan or a political office holder in north.
Bro Dangote is also fulani, make your deep research on it
Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by christistruth01: 9:18am On Feb 01, 2021
Oharina:

Don't say what you do not know too. Dangote is a fulani man, that am sure of. And i bet my two scrotum that kwakwanso is a fulani too

Dangote is a Hausa man ask Any Northerner

His maternal great Grandfather Dantata who was once the Richest man in West Africa was also Hausa

The Hausa have been international traders for Centuries that is why Hausa is the most spoken language in West Africa

Fake news is evil

Kwankwanso is Hausa too that was why Obasanjo picked him for Kano Governor.

Fake news is evil
Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by yorubarere: 10:00am On Feb 01, 2021
Oharina:

Bro Dangote is also fulani, make your deep research on it
This carries weight. Do you have proofs to back it up?

1 Like

Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2021
Dedetwo:

Coronavirus, there is nothing such as Hausa-Fulani in human nature. It is either you are Hausa or Fulani. It is very hard to ask coronavirus to grow some brains.
So u never hear abt ppl who are born by Nigerian-American family or British-african family?
You need to categorically know that more than 70% of Hausa ppl are already in intertribal marriage with Fulani. When I have a Fulani father with Hausa mother then who am I?

I'm proudly Fulani by gene and Hausa by tongue and very proud of it. Lol!
Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by christistruth01: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2021
yorubarere:

Can you give us a link to back this up. And also the name of the emir. Hausa an emir from buhari own's town. That should be a joke. But anyways, give us the emir name and necessary historical links to back up your claims. Thanks

Thank you Yorubarere

Daura was the most ancient Hausa town.

The Hausa dynasty there were not willing to give it up and were still in Conflict with the Fulani when the British arrived.

Daura is to the Hausa what Ile Ife is to Yoruba their Origin.

The Daura Hausa were absolutely and resolutely not having the Fulani Jihad

In the end the Stubborn resistance of one Century by the Daura Hausa paid off.

That is why the Emir of Daura is Hausa.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daura_Emirate#:~:text=In%201805%2C%20during%20the%20Fulani,new%20Katsina%20State%20in%201987.

1 Like

Re: Is There No Hausa Elders? by yorubarere: 12:39pm On Feb 02, 2021
christistruth01:

Thank you Yorubarere

Daura was the most ancient Hausa town.

The Hausa dynasty there were not willing to give it up and were still in Conflict with the Fulani when the British arrived.

Daura is to the Hausa what Ile Ife is to Yoruba their Origin.

The Daura Hausa were absolutely and resolutely not having the Fulani Jihad

In the end the Stubborn resistance of one Century by the Daura Hausa paid off.

That is why the Emir of Daura is Hausa.

One admitted. More to go. Thanks for the work put into it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Security Operatives In SE/SS Must Resign Now !! / TRENDING PHOTO SHARED BY IPOB LEADER, KANU MISLEADING... SAHARA REPORTERS / The Hypocrisy Of Ipob Against Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.