Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,006 members, 7,849,064 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:07 PM

As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? (720 Views)

As A Christian; Do You Know About The Existence Of This Lizard?(Pix) / As A Christian Do You Still Do Quality Quiet Time? / Divorce & Remarriage, Can A Christian Do It? Is God Ok With It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Concetta(f): 7:12am On Jan 31, 2021
Few days ago I had a dream and was curious to what it meant. So I decided to try obtaining possible interpretation to the dream from the internet. One thing led to another and I ended up in an astrologer's page. Now my question is; do I have anything to worry about since I am a christian? Any answers please?
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by hakeem4(m): 7:13am On Jan 31, 2021
I am not a believer. But astrology is just full of bullshit.
Astrology falls under the same category that Christianity falls under. All of them are under the wishful thinking category.
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Olunmercy56(f): 7:16am On Jan 31, 2021
I don't believe in it, I believe in good destiny with prayers and believe in Christ. It has led to many breakup and deceit. Just believe and leave the rest to God
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by blackpanthar: 7:17am On Jan 31, 2021
Concetta:
Few days ago I had a dream and was curious to what it meant. So I decided to try obtaining possible interpretation to the dream from the internet. One thing led to another and I ended up in an astrologer's page. Now my question is; do I have anything to worry about since I am a christian? Any answers please?

Pls aunty, it is sad that you didnt go to your bible and stay with it rather, it is internet you went to for interpretation of a visual encounter that did not use Wi-Fi or Data....so it is clear that internet has become your God.

If you are a Christian, you should know that all your answers lies with God and if you didnt find it in the Bible then go to someone that knows God and his ways more than you, someone God speaks to and you will get your answer.

God showed up to Samuel.... He didnt go to his friends, he went to his priest.

There are people existing today that are like Joseph and Daniel gifted with the ability to interpret dreams. They do not have to be pastors

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Concetta(f): 7:26am On Jan 31, 2021
blackpanthar:

Pls aunty, it is sad that you didnt go to your bible and stay with it rather, it is internet you went to for interpretation of a visual encounter that did not use Wi-Fi or Data....so it is clear that internet has become your God.

If you are a Christian, you should know that all your answers lies with God and if you didnt find it in the Bible then go to someone that knows God and his ways more than you, someone God speaks to and you will get your answer.

God showed up to Samuel.... He didnt go to his friends, he went to his priest.

There are people existing today that are like Joseph and Daniel gifted with the ability to interpret dreams. They do not have to be pastors
Your last paragraph though...so you think I can't find people like Joseph on the net? Besides it was very early in the morning like around 3am.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by helinues: 7:28am On Jan 31, 2021
Astrology predictions are still far accurate than religion prediction.

Are you saying you don't also believe in weather forecast?

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Concetta(f): 7:28am On Jan 31, 2021
Olunmercy56:
I don't believe in it, I believe in good destiny with prayers and believe in Christ. It has lead to many breakup and deceit. Just believe and leave the rest to God
Okay...thanks
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by hakeem4(m): 7:30am On Jan 31, 2021
helinues:

astrology is different from astronomy my brother.

Astronomy vs astrology is like chemistry vs alchemy
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:30am On Jan 31, 2021
Don't take dreams serious now, it was in the past that God used dreams as part of communication system to pass information to people {Hebrew 1:1-2} but after the coming of Jesus Christ dreams ended in the Bible book of Revelations when God declared "NO ADDITION NO SUBTRACTION" Revelations 22:18-19
Today demons are bringing videos prepared in their realms to deceive people who are still thinking God communicates with people in dreams. Revelations 16:14
The TRUTH is there is nothing important in dreams today again, most people have been misled by demons with all these dreams and visions from the spirit realms.
Keep studying your Bible and you'll never regret sticking to God's word! 2Timothy 3:16-17

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Concetta(f): 7:31am On Jan 31, 2021
helinues:

Weather forecasts are sometimes misleading.
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by helinues: 7:31am On Jan 31, 2021
hakeem4:
astrology is different from astronomy my brother.

Astronomy vs astrology is like chemistry vs alchemy

I never said they are same...

Astronomy predictions is far more accurate than religion predictions.

That's a fact
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by helinues: 7:32am On Jan 31, 2021
Concetta:
Weather forecasts are sometimes misleading.

Butterfly effect make weather prediction not to be accurate still still weather forecaster predictions are always close regarding the weather
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by blackpanthar: 7:33am On Jan 31, 2021
Concetta:
Your last paragraph though...so you think I can't find people like Joseph on the net? Besides it was very early in the morning like around 3am.

Sister i bet you may not be attending the right church.... 3am??

When you should be blasting in prayer and dealing with issues.

What if the dream you had was an attack... What if it was a direction that will bring a huge blessing.

What if it was a message that will save someone's LIFE

So it is internet that will do the job of the Holyspirit ni?

I fear who no fear you o, so Holyspirit goes on break abi? 3am that is a very Spiritual hour, you didnt spend it praying and asking God for the meaning or canceling the dream... You dont have Christian sisters who are LEGIT Spiritual? That can help you decipher the meaning?

See, you can not get core Spiritual help online. Even if you post the dream or vision or encounter here on nairaland, no one can help you ONLINE.

Your local church is supposed to be able to cater for these things.
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by hakeem4(m): 7:33am On Jan 31, 2021
helinues:

That's a fact
Astrology and religion are under the same category. Which means none can predict anything accurately
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by helinues: 7:34am On Jan 31, 2021
hakeem4:

Astrology and religion are under the same category. Which means none can predict anything accurately

Don't put astrology and religion together

Kaaki no be leather

Where are the religious folks during this Covid?

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Concetta(f): 7:36am On Jan 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Don't take dreams serious now, it was in the past that God used dreams as part of communication system to pass information to people {Hebrew 1:1-2} but after the coming of Jesus Christ dreams ended in the Bible book of Revelations when God declared "NO ADDITION NO SUBTRACTION" Revelations 22:18-19
Today demons are bringing videos prepared in their realms to deceive people who are still thinking God communicates with people in dreams. Revelations 16:14
The TRUTH is there is nothing important in dreams today again, most people have been misled by demons with all these dreams and visions from the spirit realms.
Keep studying your Bible and you'll never regret sticking to God's word! 2Timothy 3:16-17

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
May you have peace too. Thank you
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Bola146(f): 7:38am On Jan 31, 2021
No, we have the Bible to guide us
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Islie: 7:41am On Jan 31, 2021
I don't believe in Astrology

Since it a dream i consult the bible, intuition and rhema relm of spirit of God.
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 31, 2021
[s]
hakeem4:
I am not a believer. But astrology is just full of bullshit.
Astrology falls under the same category that Christianity falls under. All of them are under the wishful thinking category.
[/s]

And Islam don't fall under the same category as some science discoverings? How about water cycle in the Quran? Just sayin rubbish, don't start this rubbish here, before I start unveiling my side of the other stories..
[s]
helinues:

That's a fact
[/s]

Except it's your religion but Christianity don't look like the rubbish you said.
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Concetta(f): 7:43am On Jan 31, 2021
blackpanthar:

Sister i bet you may not be attending the right church.... 3am??

When you should be blasting in prayer and dealing with issues.

What if the dream you had was an attack... What if it was a direction that will bring a huge blessing.

What if it was a message that will save someone's LIFE

So it is internet that will do the job of the Holyspirit ni?

I fear who no fear you o, so Holyspirit goes on break abi? 3am that is a very Spiritual hour, you didnt spend it praying and asking God for the meaning or canceling the dream... You dont have Christian sisters who are LEGIT Spiritual? That can help you decipher the meaning?

See, you can not get core Spiritual help online. Even if you post the dream or vision or encounter here on nairaland, no one can help you ONLINE.

Your local church is supposed to be able to cater for these things.
LOL but you're offerring help to me now online. Thanks by the way I will take your advice very seriously.
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by helinues: 7:45am On Jan 31, 2021
gaius01:

And Islam don't fall under the same category as some science discoverings? How about water cycle in the Quran? Just sayin rubbish, don't start this rubbish here, before I start unveiling my side of the other stories..

Except it's your religion but Christianity don't look like the rubbish you said.

Why are some religious folks always get aggressive when one question their beliefs?
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by blackpanthar: 7:47am On Jan 31, 2021
Concetta:
LOL but you're offerring help to me now online. Thanks by the way I will take your advice very seriously.

Me? Help you?
In all honesty i am not qualified, do you know that not everyone sees visions like you? Some sleep and wake and that's all.

Maybe God wants to use you for his gloryyyyyy, pls take early hours prayers seriously. grin
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Jodha(f): 7:47am On Jan 31, 2021
People use astrology to give excuses about their toxic traits...
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 31, 2021
Concetta:

Hey sis smiley

The spirit and the physical realm are two different things. You can't consult the physical things to get the spiritual things, vice verse. Since it was a dream no earthly interpretation can interpret your dream except through the spirit. Look for pastor or read and pray to God to help you find it meaning.
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 31, 2021
helinues:

Why are some religious folks always get aggressive when one question their beliefs?

Mtcheeew !

Are you asking me such kind of questions?

Between Islam and Christianity who is more aggressive than the other??
If you answer that, I will back it up for you with a Quran verse.
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by helinues: 7:52am On Jan 31, 2021
gaius01:

Mtcheeew !

Are you asking me such kind of questions?

Between Islam and Christianity who is more aggressive than the other??
If you answer that, I will back it up for you with a Quran verse.

They are both aggressive and intolerant towards each other
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Concetta(f): 7:58am On Jan 31, 2021
gaius01:

Hey sis smiley

The spirit and the physical realm are two different things. You can't consult the physical things to get the spiritual things, vice verse. Since it was a dream no earthly interpretation can interpret your dream except through the spirit. Look for pastor or read and pray to God to help you find it meaning.
Now this is a good point. Thanks
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 31, 2021
Concetta:

So, you visited a random website and all of a sudden, you are worried-sick about it all because it was an 'astrologer's page'...?

Should I give you a list of the sort of websites that I have visited in times past out of mere curiosity?

Just relax and free up your mind, lady. Don't let guilt(over nothing) get the best part of you.

But... if by virtue of your faith/religion or any other reason, you don't feel comfortable visiting astrology pages, then it would be in your best interest to stop with immediate effect. That way, you wouldn't have to come on NL to seek counsel.

Just my thoughts...
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by hakeem4(m): 8:09am On Jan 31, 2021
gaius01:

funny fact is I am not a Muslim either
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Kobojunkie: 8:10am On Jan 31, 2021
Concetta:
So, had you found an interpretation to fit your dream, what would you have done with the information therein? undecided
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by Kobojunkie: 8:14am On Jan 31, 2021
Concetta:
Now this is a good point. Thanks
That was actually a terrible idea. He redirected you instead to visiting an astrologer with a "Pastor" title tacked on to his name who will instead provide you with the same thing the astrologer may, but in the name of God attached(falsely of course). How is the world is that a good idea? undecided

Look, if you want to be deceived, go to one who will honestly do it, an actual astrologer, not to a pastor who will do it, pretending he does so in God's name. I don't know about you but like my lies served me on a clean plate at least. undecided
Re: As A Christian, Do You Agree With Astrology? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:26am On Jan 31, 2021
You are welcome in the Jesus name! smiley

Concetta:
May you have peace too. Thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Only Religious Not Spiritual / The Solid Rock Jesus Built His Church Upon Was The Law Of Christ / Does Anyone Know Anything About This Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.