Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract (41233 Views)

Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut / Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now / Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by Forumobserver12(m): 12:22pm On Jan 31, 2021
bdchange:
He has definitely earned whatever he is receiving but the time has come for the club to count their teeth with their tongue and release him to lessen their financial burden. Something that mumu barca president should have done immediately Messi submitted transfer request. What I find funny is that despite the debts owe, the Presidential candidates are still talking of keeping him when it is obvious they can't pay the wages for now.

That's politics for you, they are telling the voters exactly what they want to hear.
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by SmartyPants(m): 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
I don't really understand how all this club run, they are always in bogus debt yet dolling out billions as wages and sinking into more and more debt

Running football club is beginning to look like audio business only the staff especially players are the highest gainer

It seems not business man can survive running football business alone

I pity dangote that want to move to arsenal

You don't understand how it works. The operations of a football club depend on its ownership structure. Some clubs are owned by wealthy individuals who don't care about profits but others are run like businesses.

For example Abrahimovich has put in at least one billion into Chelsea but the Glazers have taken out hundreds of millions in profit from Man Utd.

Stan Kroenke is also doing well with Arsenal as a business.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by Uniquekriss(m): 12:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
jesus247alive:
Nawao see money just one person....

God I dont want that much

Just bless me to bless my family, parents and relatives

And lovely friends

I didn't ask for plenty....

Finally to make my mother happy for all the struggle

all the..Trekking just so that I will be a better person and

finish School... God no go shame me. Amen happy sunday.
they are earnest desires and shall come to pass if you keep faith alive. Don't forget the source when u make it.
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by majamajic(m): 12:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
uthlaw:
calculate by ratio of matches and see who will later top the list!

If I calculate my age now with Dangote , I go get money pass Dangote when I reach his age

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by aragon4realz(m): 12:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
lekki1444:
more money more headache. too much money kills and destroys
if I got killed by this kinda money...I died a happy man
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by babatee90(m): 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
syluck:

Not you putting the blame on Messi. Failed
not on Messi but the management...Messi didn’t pay himself why should I put the blame on him?
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by Excallibur(m): 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
I don't really understand how all this club run, they are always in bogus debt yet dolling out billions as wages and sinking into more and more debt

Running football club is beginning to look like audio business only the staff especially players are the highest gainer

It seems not business man can survive running football business alone

I pity dangote that want to move to arsenal
most European clubs especially those outside England are not owned by business men but by the fans, in the case of Barca over 80,000 soccios who renew their membership yearly, the membership is even going global now , the members have some priviledges such as the right to contest and vote in club elections and other stuffs like that.. so you see most of the time profit is not the objective although it's important
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by Ayobami7(m): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
Goat
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by Lamasta(m): 12:49pm On Jan 31, 2021
I wish both parties all the best...
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by toprealman: 12:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
They have reaped the ROI many times over.
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by DenreleDave(m): 12:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
Afolashade00:

Who ask you? undecided
If dey compare you with your colleagues or friends now, na so so vex you go dey vex.

Helo afolashade, can I get to know you miss
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by lekki1444: 1:01pm On Jan 31, 2021
aragon4realz:

if I got killed by this kinda money...I died a happy man
Thats the poverty in you speaking. you will be OK

One billionaire just donated all his money to charity, leave only 2 million for himself. e get why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by CSTRR: 1:06pm On Jan 31, 2021
Barcelona is seriously mismanaged.
It's not even funny.

How can you give a player however great that kind of money at the twilight of his career?

And this is a club that is bankrupt.

The future of European football is in England.
Spain have mismanaged themselves to mediocrity.
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by CSTRR: 1:09pm On Jan 31, 2021
babatee90:
not on Messi but the management...Messi didn’t pay himself why should I put the blame on him?
Why would anyone blame messi?

He wants to leave but the club wants to buy his continued stay with obscene Money.

He would be foolish not to collect every penny.

The consequences is not his concern.
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by uthlaw: 1:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
majamajic:

If I calculate my age now with Dangote , I go get money pass Dangote when I reach his age
working for money is different from what you know how to do best,but not by waiting for a particular means of goals....
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by PAWG(m): 1:22pm On Jan 31, 2021
A waste
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by Bawofsss: 1:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
VANITY......
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by tesppidd: 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
And some mumus who don't earn even 8k a month will be calling him midget upandan.

You wey tall reach 7 feet with even six packs, who you epp for this world?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by Hyperchi(m): 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2021
majamajic:
Cr7, still the best !!

Don't compere both in Goals Cr7 first am start life and national team
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by planetx: 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
seanwilliam:

politicians , musicians, business men all make up the 10% nah
0.1 % of 200 million is 200,000, I doubt if the number of Naira billionaires in Nigeria is up to 200,000.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by majamajic(m): 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
Hyperchi:

That's not football rules
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by AsawanaDgreat: 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
Wonderful only Messi?
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by majamajic(m): 1:54pm On Jan 31, 2021
Hyperchi:

That's not football rule
But meanwhile na Dangote snr us all ?
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by Theevilone(m): 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2021
solmusdesigns:
cool

They make far more annually from his sweat and blood, Jersey sales worldwide, TV rights worldwide, Ticket sales, and other promotions and advert rights

Congrats Messi, I wish he came to EPL tho

Because this news did not state that barca are in a serious debt crisis, MESSI has liquidated Barca if u care to know. His contract alone contribute to 30% of their dept crisis and his manipulating of system via dictating who suits him and which coach stays also contributes to 20% the crisis.Barca are owning for the recent transfers they have done the franki de jong’s deal the Dembele deal, the Cotinho deal, the Vidal deal and many others so how is the team cashing out big from his blood when the are most indebted club in Europe around billions of dollars and he will still work away from Barca a free agent, go and see how Barca legends are condemning that act of him.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by majamajic(m): 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2021
uthlaw:
working for money is different from what you know how to do best,but not by waiting for a particular means of goals....

Don't conclude , Guradiola and Rodendo was so beautiful in the midfield , could u believe they retired so early long before Evan Campo . Don't conclude that Ronaldo must retire before Ronaldo cos of age gap, any player that receive tackles like Messi they don't play that long as u think.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by lymelyte(m): 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
Dalil8:
Football na blood money wey dey legal

After football na politics.

Yes but it requires a startup capital. Now, tell how much money has Messi or your current crop of politicians invested to get such massive pay?
politics only in Nigeria where corruption is encouraged.
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by kendrick93(m): 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ihutomi:
If u follow football u will know the dude deserve it
No he doesn't..
Infact no one in football deserves that kind of money

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by yizastone(m): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2021
This white people are as corrupt as Africans, that messi pay is over a million weekly, I believe ppl responsible for that deal are using messi name to lace their own sleeves with extra cash, of which messi is privy to.
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by FLYFIRE(m): 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2021
majamajic:
Cr7, still the best !!

grin grin grin Not so quick brother

Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by majamajic(m): 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
FLYFIRE:

grin grin grin Not so quick brother

Ronaldo's girl friend Rodriguez was the last Argentina to touch a national team trophy for 30 yrs now and counting

That was when she touched the European Cup won by Christiano Ronaldo

Go sort that out !

Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by Adek15(m): 2:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
iHart:
If I am in Messi's shoe, leaving Barça will mean retiring from football. Which club will even accept to pay him that high again?
Chelsea offered him x3 and Madrid offered him x2 of that but he decided to stay
Re: Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract by Babapyro: 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
iHart:
If I am in Messi's shoe, leaving Barça will mean retiring from football. Which club will even accept to pay him that high again?
He is not a Nigerian that only thinks of money,he is already rich enough to not work a day in his life again,what he want his a new adventure not salary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Super Eagles Sing And Dance To Naira Marley's 'Soapy' In The Dressing Room / AFCON: Nathan Tella Confirms Desire To Play For Nigeria / Someone Withdrew All The Money From My Sportybet Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.