Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,942 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today (2003 Views)

Actor Yemi Solade And Wife Celebrates Wedding Anniversary,shares Romantic Photos / Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' / Lawal Dolapo Accuses Yemi Solade Of Demanding Sex From Her For Role. He Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by micronut(m): 1:54pm On Jan 31, 2021
Born on this day January 31st 1960, Yemi Solade remains one of the best and freshest guys from the yore days of Yoruba movie industry.

When you mention Ogogo, Kura, for Actions, you will remember Yemi Solade for being a lover boy role player, possibly to Opeyemi Aiyeola.. At a point in early 2000's I even thought they were dating, just like you see Muka ray and Iyabo Ojo together in most films back then.

Yemi Solade is one of the few well trained folks in acting in Nigeria with a degree to show for it and he doesn't waste time in Interviews to brag about that. He bagged a Dramatic Arts degree from University of Ife (Now OAU), and has 3 Masters Degrees in Sociology, Administration and International Relations from Universities in Nigeria and Abroad. He is like Sola Fosudo to me, nicely schooled.

When you see folks like Yemi Solade, Deji Adenuga Baba Wande, Akin Lewis, Sola Sobowale in a film, then it must be a good movie with nice story line. I remember Madam Dearest now by Tade Ogidan - one of the great movies I will continue to remember Yemi (my name sake) for.

How time flies, it's good to see Yemi Solade aging cutely. Now a bit away from your regular films, as he does more of English films now, especially soap Operas, so you may have seen less of him in regular Yoruba films but he is still in the business.

He claimed to have been acting for 43yrs now, and now that's something. Should we call him a veteran? Most likely.

Let's celebrate our Actors that make us smile and give us something to stare at, in movies..

Happy birthday from Omoelublog to Oga Yemi Solade.

Cc: Seun, Mynd4, Lalasticlala, MissyB3, Fynestboi

Sources: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKsJtiiDdY-/?igshid=z4f4d2wztix7

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4278645232151319&id=100000176524707

3 Likes

Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by 10mobile: 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2021
HBD to an icon!

1 Like

Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by micronut(m): 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2021
Throwback pictures

Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by decatalyst(m): 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
Very fine man.

He delivers his roles well too.

I still can't get his pairing role with the late Funmi Martins off my head.

May he continue to age gracefully.

3 Likes

Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by Crimrburster: 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2021
Yemi oko opeyemi ayeola.

1 Like

Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by Madibah(m): 2:17pm On Jan 31, 2021
Crimrburster:
Yemi oko opeyemi ayeola.

Who ask you
Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by Evablizin(f): 2:17pm On Jan 31, 2021
Happy birthday to him.
Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by Crimrburster: 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2021
Madibah:

Who ask you
come and beat me.

1 Like

Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by Denique(f): 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
He's so soft spoken. Saw him in a movie "Oni iro...something like that sha”. Such a funny film.

Happiest of birthdays to you, Mr. Solade.

2 Likes

Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by 2dice01: 3:55pm On Jan 31, 2021
I fell in love with his movie Alase Aye

2 Likes

Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by vallycan: 4:02pm On Jan 31, 2021
Happy birthday to u ma wonderful icon
Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by pretydiva(f): 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2021
This is the definition of aging gracefully. Hbd sir
Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by Superpower(m): 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2021
He aged very well
Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by merieam16(f): 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2021
HBD....last saw him on Elevator baby
Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by lkillbrokehoes: 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
This man done tey for film oh, his first movie I watched was around 1997
Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by chichima67791: 7:16pm On Jan 31, 2021
HBD....last saw him on Elevator baby
Re: Memories Of A Fine Nigerian Actor: Yemi Solade At 61 Today by TeemahBeddings: 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
Happy Birthday, sir, he played his role well on the elevator baby. That spoilt brat was like koshidanu grin

(1) (Reply)

Meet Actress Jayeola Kuti,her Husband And Beautiful Children(video) / Don't Cry For Me---says Dagrin! / Uti Nwachukwu’s Interview About Winning Big Brother Africa 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.