Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,760 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) (49690 Views)

Naira Floating by Tinubu was Ill-advised-Atiku / Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot / IBB, Shehu Yar’adua And Murtala Nyako In Mecca (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by powerfulguy: 10:10pm On Jan 31, 2021
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed he knew the late President Musa Yar’Adua was ill before he supported him to emerge the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2007.

He however said he got medical advice that Yar’Adua, who had a kidney transplant, was fit to act as President.

Yar’Adua, who later won the 2007 presidential election, died in office in May 2010.

Obasanjo, who spoke on Sunday in a virtual interview with academic and historian, Toyin Falola, denied allegation he deliberately put up weak candidates for selfish interests.

He said: “Let me tell you the story of Umaru Yar’adua. I knew he was ill and before I put him forward, I asked for his medical report which he sent to me and I sent it to one of the best doctors of our time and a good friend of mine who died only last year –Professor Akinkugbe.

“I said look at it because it is confidential and he said to me that from this report, this man has had a kidney transplant and it is successful, he is no longer under dialysis.

“And if you have a kidney transplant and it is successful, it is as good as if you didn’t have a kidney transplant at all. I accepted that and Umaru Yar’adua contested within the party and he contested within the country and came up.

“In the process of the campaign, I remember that he had to go for a medical checkup abroad and he was not around for a campaign here in Abeokuta.

“I called him because the rumour was that he had died. I called him on my telephone and put it on speaker. I said, ‘Umaru, are you dead or alive?’ and he said, ‘I am not dead, I am alive’.

“Within a couple of days, he came back and reported that he was checked up and he was well. That was the position of Umaru Yar’adua and if anybody in his right sense will think that what I have done in that position was not right, I leave him in the hands of God.”

https://www.today.ng/news/politics/president-obasanjo-knew-umaru-yaradua-344110/amp?__twitter_impression=true

16 Likes

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Golan007: 10:15pm On Jan 31, 2021
In your right mind, you felt a man with a kidney transplant was the best to lead the country.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by atiku4President(m): 10:20pm On Jan 31, 2021
Medically there's nothing wrong with a person with successful kidney transplant

216 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by sweetonugbu: 10:21pm On Jan 31, 2021
Let us leave matter for matthias

7 Likes

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Omoalhaja77: 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2021
Abeg go siddon make we hear word

Metchewwwwwwwwwwww angry

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by 143WaZoBia: 10:29pm On Jan 31, 2021
Baba you can’t cut a man’s dream. Only God and God did at the appropriate time.
Before you condemn this OBJ, imagine in your place of work, you are about to get a promotion that will make you the head of the company and after showing the officer that was supposed to promote you your medical report where it’s well stated that you are fit to lead, he start telling every other person that you have been sick and will never be well again. Just have common sense.

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by tyup(m): 10:29pm On Jan 31, 2021
shocked
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Sammy07: 10:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
Lol
He also think Buhari will die in office like yar Adua that's why he imposed him on us.

Unfortunately, him no die cry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 31, 2021
I disagree with the verdict of OBJ. Umaru has multiple organs problems, I remember after his election as Katsina state governor in 1999 his alleged medical report leaked showed that Umaru couldn't survive beyond his first tenure (it's reported in weekly trust around 2001). I remember his statement when he's seriously sick journalists asked him abt his health he told them that "I may die today, I may die tomorrow and I may even live to be 90".
OBJ is fully aware of his ailing health condition.
This guy just gave him the ticket for selfish reasons. First, because of his relationship with his late elder brother SHEHU Musa Yaradua. Secondly, he wanted someone so soft & weak who may not perform well for him to always be seen as a hero after messy years of military regimes.
I won't rule out the possibility of sinister motive behind imposing ailing Yaradua on Nigerians despite the availability of better candidates at that time because OBJ is one of the evil leaders Nigeria had.

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Mayng01(m): 11:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
Hmmm
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Bleiz(m): 11:56pm On Jan 31, 2021
Can you allow him to rest in peace?

9 Likes

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Asgard13: 2:40am On Feb 01, 2021
Coronabirus:
I disagree with the verdict of OBJ. Umaru has multiple organs problems, I remember after his election as Katsina state governor in 1999 his alleged medical report leaked showed that Umaru couldn't survive beyond his first tenure (it's reported in weekly trust around 2001). I remember his statement when he's seriously sick journalists asked him abt his health he told them that "I may die today, I may die tomorrow and I may even live to be 90".
This guy just gave him the ticket for selfish reasons. First, because of his relationship with his late elder brother SHEHU Musa Yaradua. Secondly, he wanted someone so soft & weak who may not perform well for him to always be seen as a hero after messy years of military regimes.
I won't rule out the possibility of sinister motive behind imposing ailing Yaradua on Nigerians despite the availability of better candidates at that time because OBJ is one of the evil leaders Nigeria had.

This story sweet eh..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by neyorlmogzy(m): 5:17am On Feb 01, 2021
Coronabirus:
Who was the better candidate?

16 Likes

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Tulsaguy: 6:30am On Feb 01, 2021
ok
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 6:35am On Feb 01, 2021
He also knew the man in aso rock is not buhari

But he will reveal it in his book in 2027 if he's alive till then

13 Likes

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by slawormiir: 9:13am On Feb 01, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Yaradua....may his soul continue to rest in peace

Can forget him so soon

That man respect and understand the rule of law

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by blinking001(m): 9:13am On Feb 01, 2021
Oga your time has passed abeg...go and rest..we ain't interested anymore with anything you've got to say.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by ipobarethieves: 9:14am On Feb 01, 2021
sad
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by younglleo: 9:14am On Feb 01, 2021
8yrs facebook for sale.
Forget obj, jst buy

3 Likes

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:14am On Feb 01, 2021
Game
Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by olaric(m): 9:14am On Feb 01, 2021
Nigerians are the problem not OBJ or any other politician for that matter. Did OBJ force you to come out and vote Yar'Adua at all cost? Yar'Adua won that election because the people voted him not because OBJ enthroned him. Only God and the voters can vote a man into power.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Ozimama(m): 9:15am On Feb 01, 2021
you know he is ill God please save Nigeria this is hilarious

1 Like

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by DryMouth: 9:15am On Feb 01, 2021
All of you wailing up there

Can u tell me a president better than Yaradua
Even if his stay was short, he was the best.

MODIFIED:
I am an igbo boy so those of you think am supporting yar'adua because he is from the north are stupid

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by careytommy37(m): 9:15am On Feb 01, 2021
So you immediately your voice after Akinkugbe's death

2 Likes

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by OsheaJ: 9:16am On Feb 01, 2021
Hmmm best prez. Rip

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 01, 2021
Obasanjo wasn't to be blame here sha
he just have this mindset that late former president may survive for long..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

30-Year-Old Uche Annie Okonkwo Who Defeated Chidoka, In Rep Election / 7 Senators That Constitute 'Cabal' In The Senate - NigerianBulletin / Meet The Members Of The Lagos Judicial Panel On SARS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.