Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,509 members, 7,836,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? (23017 Views)

Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) / What Is The Strangest Thing You Know You've Ever Eaten? (Pic) / See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by HitlerGaddafi: 3:43pm On Feb 01, 2021
There is this grinded dried okra called orunla. That shit saved my life in school and it was very cheap. Just add some water and fry it inside palm oil. Add Maggi and salt too.

Then down it with eba.
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by SeasonedMEMBER(m): 3:43pm On Feb 01, 2021
TheWalkingMind:
If you schooled in OAU and stayed in Awo, you can cook with #0. In fact, you can eat comfortably the whole session without bringing foodstuffs.
hahahaha.... I no know the place u dey talk but I grab... hahahaha...badt guy!
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Hermzou: 3:52pm On Feb 01, 2021
spaghetti
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 01, 2021
LORDKing001:
How much
i hve 7year old fb acc? Hw much can u afford?
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Ginaz(f): 4:06pm On Feb 01, 2021
Beans o..

Wenti beans see for my hand, e no go fit talk.

With 20naira dry pepper, 20naira onions beans don done. grin

School life is sweet sha cheesy
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Smartmanager(m): 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2021
Valleys:
Just finished eating it. Remains small for later things.

Golden penny Spaghetti (260), a sachet of G/oil (80), cray fish (50), a sachet of tomato (80) and two eggs (100). Total 570

This bachelor life no easy. Make God pick my call make I just marry.

My guy na negotiation levels. Bought everything from the madam and I am new in the area shaa. So prolly she pittied me.

It's one area like that in the east.
Same here bro. Mine is about to be devoured.
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Lordjulius(m): 4:15pm On Feb 01, 2021
pusapou:
Vegetable soup ( water leaf 50), ugu/pumpkin (5 for 200 asaba), meat 200. Of course every reasonable person should have always have a reserve of Maggi/ pepper/ grinded crayfish. .Total cost for this healthy blood giving meal is 450.
....you just talk my mind and how I take dey do am for asaba... vegetable soup...

1 Like

Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by MrDam(m): 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2021
Egg is now 100 I mean am
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by younglleo: 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2021
LORDKing001:

How much
8yrs 5k
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by pusapou(m): 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
Lordjulius:
....you just talk my mind and how I take dey do am for asaba... vegetable soup...
just buy the leaves and cut in the market. Cook the meat till Dawn with necessary sauce- crayfish/ pepper/ Maggi and salt. Put a big bucket of water and wash cut leaves for sand. Start with water leaf. Boil water and pour on water leaf, presss little to remove drawing abilities. Back to the N200 meat source , add reasonable red palm oil, put the water laef and ugu! Allow to simer 4minutes. Turn well . food/ ogwu obala is ready
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by MrBONE2(m): 4:50pm On Feb 01, 2021
Princessjoke:
Had to be a concontion rice.... and those type of food dey always sweet ehhnnn
cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Nova1982: 4:50pm On Feb 01, 2021
EmperorFred:
Life no suppose hard and we nor deserve to chop cheap foods. If you have a good crypto trading or signal group on WhatsApp, abeg quote me. I wan join

yo, I have but it's not free.

Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Queenserah26(f): 4:51pm On Feb 01, 2021
grin grin grin
samso247:
Indomie... Dem dash me d indomie, borrowed pepper and onions from my neighbor, cooked it and ate it with joy

Total cost = 0naira

1 Like

Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Queenserah26(f): 4:54pm On Feb 01, 2021
7 days kwa shocked

gfon:
Lol...don't know if to cry or laugh.student life back then ehnn.. Cooked okra soup with #200,ate it for seven days.I warm am tire,i just dey photocopy the soup with water,oil and maggi.
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Castino236: 5:17pm On Feb 01, 2021
Mmmm The day I cooked rice with only palm oil, onions and maggi as a student, was day I knew what means to live in a jungle called Nigeria. As I dey chopam tears wey rolled from my eyes full GEEPEE tank...
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by psyco: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2021
That 70 naira indomie that was formally 3 5 naira
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Anfield247(m): 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2021
Queenserah26:
7 days kwa shocked

Happy new month to you, Queenserah26! I pray God should bless you in this month of February. You shall never be a victim of any crisis. And I also pray that God should give you the strength and wisdom to achieve your goals in this month, Amen! I have always wished to see you someday! Take good care of yourself, okay! Meanwhile, how is Lagos?
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by tegadave(m): 6:36pm On Feb 01, 2021
EmperorFred:
Life no suppose hard and we nor deserve to chop cheap foods. If you have a good crypto trading or signal group on WhatsApp, abeg quote me. I wan join
Quote me too abeg
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Pymetrics: 6:42pm On Feb 01, 2021
Bought #100 potato, boil it and then eat with chill water.
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Antighaita(m): 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2021
Edikan ikong with #200
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by PETUK(m): 7:18pm On Feb 01, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
Are all these claims real?

I'm sure you are from a comfortable home, I've eaten worse, just for survival

1 Like

Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Coinbased: 7:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
okro
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Drizzy5001(m): 7:40pm On Feb 01, 2021
Garri-₦100
Groundnut-₦50
Sugar-₦30
Peak Milk-₦50
Total=₦230
Life as a student no easy sha.
God no go shame us.
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Ckmilly22(m): 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2021
Indomie
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2021
PETUK:

I'm sure you are from a comfortable home, I've eaten worse, just for survival

It looks like some people are making jest of their feeding. I read two-third of the comments and I don't believe most of them because....
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by EmperorFred: 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2021
Nova1982:

yo, I have but it's not free.
OK. I wanted Crypto not FX
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by iamL(f): 9:40pm On Feb 01, 2021
60 Indome & 100 bread. That evening I just returned from a job and was to return the next day for another so I couldn't cook anything.
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by Ayoade19993(m): 11:33pm On Feb 01, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

It looks like some people are making jest of their feeding. I read two-third of the comments and I don't believe most of them because....

some may be a jest but most are real... I myself knows how it goes,, still in it tho... what if I told u I ate indomie with scotch egg and ponmo.. all at 2h due to the woman selling the provision noz how tinx be... since that morning self.. man never chow again na water I dey use guide

1 Like

Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by PETUK(m): 1:35am On Feb 02, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

Real truth, many of are struggling, we don't care about the taste of food as long as we see something to eat

1 Like

Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by samso247(m): 4:11am On Feb 02, 2021
coputa:
what of the cost of kerosene/gas

Not my stove o, na d person wey give me d Onions and pepper, na him get the stove
Re: What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? by samso247(m): 4:13am On Feb 02, 2021
FBIBOT:

Were you able to return/repay the borrowed pepper and onions grin

Lol... No nah, if na u I borrow d tin from, u go collect am back?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Today Is International World Egg Day! / Children's Birthday Cakes / (PHOTO) Introducing New Recipe- GREEN EBA A.k.a 'ebbage'.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.