Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict (14932 Views)

Appeal Court Strikes Out EFCC ’s Suit Against Orji Kalu's Retrial / Alleged ₦7.1 Billion Fraud: Court Fixes February 2 To Commence Kalu’s Retrial / EFCC: We Are Ready To Re-Arraign Orji Kalu Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by boman2014: 5:14pm On Feb 01, 2021

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is set to arraign Orji Kalu, former governor of Abia state, before a federal high court in Abuja on charges of alleged fraud.

The arraignment of the former governor is fixed for Tuesday, February 2, before Inyang Ekwo, a federal high court judge.

Kalu who is currently the chief whip of the senate was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment in December 2019 after he was convicted for diverting N7.1 billion from the coffers of Abia state during his time as governor.

The EFCC had preferred a 36-count charge against him and Ude Jones Udeogu, a former director of finance and account in Abia.

Udeogu was also convicted and sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Displeased with the judgement, Udeogu had filed an appeal to challenge the conviction.

His lawyers argued that Mohammed Idris, the judge who handed down the ruling, lacked the jurisdiction to hear the case because he had been elevated to the appeal court at the time he sentenced them to prison

On May 8, 2020, the apex court, in a unanimous verdict on the appeal delivered by Ejembi Eko, declared that the conviction of the appellant was null and void.

The supreme court nullified the trial on the grounds that Mohammed Idris, the trial judge, had no jurisdiction to hear the matter after he was elevated to the court of appeal.

The apex court ordered that the case be issued to another judge for a fresh
https://www.thecable.ng/efcc-to-arraign-orji-kalu-for-fraud-eight-months-after-scourt-ordered-retrial

3 Likes

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by Kaduna1stson: 5:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
If he will agree to ruga,

6 Likes

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by EnvelopeUs(f): 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2021
shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by FalseProphet1(m): 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2021
I see a plot to get him of the race for presidency come 2023, I see that the plot is from the south east, I see them succeeding, I see Kalu disqualified from the 2023 presidential race under APC. This I have seen.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by GreaterFuture3: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2021
This country...
Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2021
Surely, there will be no peace for the wicked.

Truly, we all live to reap the fruits of our labour. Even when it seems like all these politicians are getting away with it.

It's either their children become useless and a thorn in their flesh. Or an ailment prevents them from enjoying their looted funds.

One way or the other, Nemesis has a way of catching up with them.

Karma I hail thee.

11 Likes

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by ericTech: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2021
Nigeria my country
Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by Xucxex1997: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2021
I just love the way Orji uzor is been treated.
Firstly, he is a criminal and deserves to be jailed for life
Secondly, he is an Igbo man who has been romancing and ass licking the Fulanis for long at the detriment of the Igbo people
Thirdly, his case would serve as a lesson to other ass lickers that the Fulanis are very dangerous and not trustworthy

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by LivingSage: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2021
Kuje2023 grin

3 Likes

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by emmabest2000(m): 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2021
Not all criminals are politicians but
All politicians are criminals

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by tosine102: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2021
They would now give him condition

7 Likes

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by The5DME(m): 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by Brendaniel: 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
Democracy in Nigeria is a SCAM!!! I don't know why they keep wasting tax payers money in court sitting and paying lawyers on cases that will be a dead end, I mean we already know the end of this case from the beginning, it's like watching a movie you know what will happen at the end....

1 Like

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by Torosk1(m): 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
This people dey thief money pas yahoo boys I swear shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by UncleHaba22: 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
Thief dey catch thief
Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
cruise country. Was he supposed to be released in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by Bobyro: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
Lol. Nigerian news is a joke

1 Like

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by Bvlgari: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hmnnn

1 Like

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by Amspecial: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
grin
Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by kiddkash(m): 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by SouthNigerian: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by Shugar1: 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2021
If we call this scam of a country ZOO now some people will call for our head...

Anyways...

It a Zoo

If e pain u GO and DIE

1 Like

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by ceragon123: 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2021
Them never still leave am.

Once the man makes progress towards a certain destination, they remind him of his past. Politics in Africa is tough

2 Likes

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by Mrfantastic1(m): 6:28pm On Feb 01, 2021
What can Man say? FAILED JUDICIAL SYSTEM �‍♂️
Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by okenwaa(m): 6:28pm On Feb 01, 2021
Here is my referral link for BEE Network. Get 1 free BEE when you join BEE: okenwaaa. Download at https://bee.games/download.html

Don't miss out as you missed out on bitcoin.

You have nothing to lose....just download the app, use the referral code (okenwaaa) and start mining.

Bee coin will be launched next year.....it's free now.

1 Like

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hope it will not take another 10 years to get a judgement
Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by LetsEeWhat: 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
Jail the idiot

1 Like

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by Ogbodavies(m): 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
if na g boys dem 4 don parade am.flog am. line am up in front of camera

1 Like

Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by BanMeAndRunMad: 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
Corruption must die in this country
Re: EFCC to arraign Orji Kalu for Fraud Eight months after Retrial Verdict by 67bolli: 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2021
We are fantastically Corrupt in this country

(1) (2) (Reply)

N'delta Militants Might Return To The Creeks, Clark Warns Buhari / 55 Persons Shared N1.3 Billion During Jonathan Administration - Lai Mohammed / 3 Buses, 4 Motorcycles, Others Burnt In Attack By Armed Men In Ebonyi – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.