Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi (30289 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Calls Okowa 'Our Incoming Vice President' (Video) / Mali Coup: Jonathan, Other West African Leaders Arrive In Bamako / Jonathan Calls Gbenga Daniel, Begs Him Not To Leave PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Sicilyjoe: 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2021
Country details

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by thatigboman: 8:14pm On Feb 01, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol... Suu Kyi, the hypocrite... All these activists eh, involve them for governance small, you go see their real colors... You supported the draconian and brutal military to wage war against the Rohingya Muslims... Instead of speaking out, you either denied or supported their evil atrocities! You evil bastards! You persecuted thousands of innocent Muslims, forcing them out of northwestern Myanmar in your vicious 2016 and 2017 genocidal campaign of ethnic cleansing!

Goodluck Jonathan should allow them carry their cross and deal with their shit... The wrath of God Almighty is upon them...

May God help us all.
always writing rubbish. U go tire one day. Just because of ordinary 30k, someone chooses to senseless day and night
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Richy4(m): 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2021
Fvckyouall:

No they are shit ass poor like the north, their houses look like huts and the good houses use those old rusted zinc roofs I have some friends there

grin grin
the good house are not that bad
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by thatigboman: 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:
which country be Myanmar again ?

I'm sure still better than Nigeria
formerly known as Burma. All asian countries are better than nigeria
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2021
What they had going on in Myanmar between 2011 and a few hours ago wasn't a democracy or democratic dispensation in the real sense of the word.

What Aung San Suu Kyi actually presided over was a quasi-democratic process that was closely monitored by the powerful military.

Or how do you explain the fact that the military actually had seats in the two legislative houses?

To me, the military simply stepped aside for the civilians to have a feel of power for about 10 years and now that they.

So, now, the game is over. The joke was on the civilians all along.

And world leaders and civil society orgs can 'condemn' and criticise all they want but the fact will always remain that Burma's military will never let go.

Roughly 50 years in total of military rule. How do you undo that?
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by wellsaid2: 8:19pm On Feb 01, 2021
Lol
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by faste: 8:20pm On Feb 01, 2021
President99:
Nigerian military coup please
For your community!
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Neddstark: 8:22pm On Feb 01, 2021
President99:
What happened to Patience?

I no talk again. Make she no reason my matter abeg
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Neddstark: 8:22pm On Feb 01, 2021
CheedyJ:

Where you wan make him put madam peace oo

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by CheedyJ(m): 8:25pm On Feb 01, 2021
Neddstark:

Lol.. that woman be like person wey fit treat a cheating hubby’s bleep oo

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by int0x80(m): 8:28pm On Feb 01, 2021
Karma is a bit*ch, Aung San Suu Kyi is now reaping what she sowed. What a wicked and ugly soul like her. The good thing is that China and Russia are solidly behind the military. Nothing will happen, the international communities can only bark.
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by nathaniel27(m): 8:30pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:
far better
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by paschalj4(m): 8:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
What role can the US play in this coup? Considering the kind of power they amase as world power.
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by chatinent: 8:34pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hmm
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 01, 2021
paschalj4:
What role can the US play in this coup? Considering the kind of power they amase as world power.

Apart from imposing ineffective sanctions on that country...

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by NwaliE01: 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol... Suu Kyi, the hypocrite... All these activists eh, involve them for governance small, you go see their real colors... You supported the draconian and brutal military to wage war against the Rohingya Muslims... Instead of speaking out, you either denied or supported their evil atrocities! You evil bastards! You persecuted thousands of innocent Muslims, forcing them out of northwestern Myanmar in your vicious 2016 and 2017 genocidal campaign of ethnic cleansing!

Goodluck Jonathan should allow them carry their cross and deal with their shit... The wrath of God Almighty is upon them...

May God help us all.

Please I want to ask you my beloved brother.
Why is religion like a curse in Africa?
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by theFilmtric: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2021
Fmghewzy:
cheesy
theFilmtricsay
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by thundafire: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2021
SilverNorGold:

May God help us all.
when she was in the opposition,she did as if she was a saint but wen she grabbed power,the real demon was shown to the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by clockwisereport: 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:

Formerly known as Burma

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:12pm On Feb 01, 2021
That country has never been peaceful, yet Nigerians full there...
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by akmath: 9:26pm On Feb 01, 2021
Bubu doesn't know anything about this. Mr clueless..
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Carlylepneuma: 9:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
Fvckyouall:

No they are shit ass poor like the north, their houses look like huts and the good houses use those old rusted zinc roofs I have some friends there
u wouldn't be saying crap like dis if u had been in d north before...
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by GetMeRight: 9:48pm On Feb 01, 2021
SilverNorGold:

May God help us all.
Jonathan is an insensitive prick. That woman deserves hanging in the public. Talking of Muslims mass killings in that country, it was horrible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by UncommonLogic: 9:48pm On Feb 01, 2021
She's even worse than the dictators that she replaced after many years of activism.
She deserves to he locked up. No sympathy for the wicked soulless bit@h.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by UncommonLogic: 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2021
SilverNorGold:

May God help us all.

Well said.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Fvckyouall: 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2021
Carlylepneuma:
u wouldn't be saying crap like dis if u had been in d north before...

I have been to the north and there are beautiful places am referring to the deep northern villages with poor housing
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by BobbyZrealist(m): 9:52pm On Feb 01, 2021
explosiveskull:

So your anger was that she supported a purge against muslims but you are here supporting same nonsense in Nigeria. May thunder strike you down there.

My bro,thank u for those questions.
U too u saw his hypocrisy abi?
I never supported the massacre of rohingya Muslims in Myanmar, just the way I don't support massacre and persecution of people based on race ,religion or ethnicity. That is how to think rational.
People like him only see evil when it is done by someone they are not affiliated with by religion, their thinking is bias and fanatical.
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Godbless3(m): 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2021
Neddstark:
Uncle Jona, Nigeria and the world respects you but at this moment, you need to learn to keep mute. Every country has a right to their future. UAE has no democracy but has been progressing for decades.
If I were you, I will be like Ned Nwoko, get myself a fresh damsel and enjoy the rest of my retirement.

Saudi, uae, qatar, bhuma etc are not practicizing democracy and has such has no meaning to them. Myanner has a democratic elected president (councillor) and as such must be respected.
Myanner can't be rule via kingship at this time.
Its his opinion as ambassador of democracy around the world.
You can talk ur own sha.
But even you and I, need babes little bit smaller than ned wifes to occupy our mind.
But we need money pass sha.

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by shegzhkn: 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Apart from imposing ineffective sanctions on that country...

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Lol, ineffective sanctions ??

Absolutely nothing too ?? very funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Politicians At Danjuma Laah's Daughter's Wedding Reception (Photos) / Riot At Port Harcourt Prisons Over Inmate’s Death, Scores Wounded / Anambra Vs Abia. Which Is More Organized?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.