Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,122 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos (36805 Views)

Bala Abdulrahman, Tricycle Rider Returns ₦330k Found On The Road In Kano (PHoto) / Edo: Dead Body Of A Pregnant Woman Found Beside A Football Pitch / Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by tamunobello: 11:45am On Feb 02, 2021
He should have talk to someone about what going on in his life
SandraJane:

https://punchng.com/tricycle-rider-commits-suicide-on-lagos-football-pitch/
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by emmanuelzi(m): 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:
I'll say this...if una like make una crucify me. If a married man commits suicide the wife should be held responsible and sentenced to death. I said what I said come and beat me.

You don vex finish? Now let me explain... The first point of contact for the deceased na the spouse. For goodness sake these women don't even give a fvuck. Once them dey husband house dem don achieve be that. Communication zero. Every burden on the man. Not financially now. I mean emotionally. Yes I've been there and its bullshit. You go dey with woman for house wey the only thing una go talk all day na good morning, goodnight,food is ready. That's all. Nothing again. Sometimes a man will be going through so many things but to talk to person no dey not even him wife. Them go dey form Arnold Schwarzenegger. No matter Wetin dey bother the man if he see person talk no he no go kill himself. No matter what.
I said what I said

you made a valid point....

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by bouncin04(m): 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:
I'll say this...if una like make una crucify me. If a married man commits suicide the wife should be held responsible and sentenced to death. I said what I said come and beat me.

You don vex finish? Now let me explain... The first point of contact for the deceased na the spouse. For goodness sake these women don't even give a fvuck. Once them dey husband house dem don achieve be that. Communication zero. Every burden on the man. Not financially now. I mean emotionally. Yes I've been there and its bullshit. You go dey with woman for house wey the only thing una go talk all day na good morning, goodnight,food is ready. That's all. Nothing again. Sometimes a man will be going through so many things but to talk to person no dey not even him wife. Them go dey form Arnold Schwarzenegger. No matter Wetin dey bother the man if he see person talk no he no go kill himself. No matter what.
I said what I said

omo shocked
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Soleye24(m): 12:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
Gbagura:
Millions of people are going through a lot especially in Nigeria. Why many haven't killed themselves is because they care about their loved ones that would be thrown into greater depression when they are gone. What I've passed through and what I'm passing through, I should had committed suicide long time ago but I kept to myself and God has been guiding me also.

Ministry of Depression should be created cos many people would be drown in it very soon especially G-boys. When all the free money stop coming, many gonna have to take their lives to save them from resultant shame and agony. Many of them can't work #50k a month due to what they've exposed themselves into.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Nathan85: 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

I said what I said

my guy i've also been there oil plenty for your head, let them question that woman very well the truth will come out as most women these days just want to jump into a mans house only to be a big problem to the man.
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
I have seen a keke man crying before shortly after the association 'thugs' collected 1500 from him at a junction around Ikotun, Abaranje a few years ago.
He initially tried to evade the thugs but they caught up with him, ready to vandalize the vehicle. They took the 1500 and gave him a dirty slap too. He managed to zoom off else, the abuse would have continued.

I asked him carefully as he was crying already how much he pays them. He said it was 500 daily among other weekly and monthly fees which can easily amount to over 20k monthly.

Secondly, this guy doesn't own the vehicle. He has to pay the owner weekly too as well as carry out little maintenance plus fuel.
I paid him double of the fare and you wouldn't believe the appreciation in his eyes.

One day too at Ikotun, I saw the roadside sellers around the roundabout being forced to pay 700 which I learnt from one of them that it's a daily payment. This lady clearly hasn't sold much of her items which I can estimate to only be worth 3000 max. I couldn't price the item I wanted to buy anymore as I am trying to calculate her profit.

These people are out there to make a living but some associations ridiculously tax them daily at exorbitant rates.

Lasg needs to get rid of these associations.

3 Likes

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by judgementyard(m): 2:59pm On Feb 02, 2021
Seyzcham91:
i'm not saying there is a reason but lets pray we dont get frustrated to our breaking point

life can be tiring, i've been in and out of depression and frustration many times but suicide was never an option, not because i'm a superman but everyone has different Endurance and perseverance threshold

some people break way too easily

thanks, I see you in me!(deep...)
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by judgementyard(m): 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
emmamajesty:
The reason why u said so is because u have not found urself in a such situation, my brother pray that u should not find urself in a situation that is beyond ur control because at the moment the only language u will be hearing is kill urself except someone intervene at that moment

I pray ohhh!
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by judgementyard(m): 3:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
GofuckYourself:

My friend it isn't about you

I am a counselor and I can tell you that what people are going through is something else

Some people you see everyday you assume all is good with them , it's all a camouflage some are battling depression
Thanks am wiser now.
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by eROCK247(m): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
judgementyard:

You made valid points but let's be honest,I don't see any reason for one to take his or her life.

That's because you've never tried to see things from other people's angles.
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by demmie04: 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

You don vex finish? Now let me explain... The first point of contact for the deceased na the spouse. For goodness sake these women don't even give a fvuck. Once them dey husband house dem don so many things but to talk to person no dey not even him wife. Them go dey form Arnold Schwarzenegger. No matter Wetin dey bother the man if he see person talk no he no go kill himself. No matter what.
I said what I said
U really nailed it my bro and reading your comment I was touched cos I know that u are talking from experience , may God help us to remain stable financially, there level of bad mouth when a man is not ok financially can be the reason to commit suicide self
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by zedman1(m): 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2021
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by zedman1(m): 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

I said what I said
I've been depressed once in 2012 and nothing, I repeat, NOTHING ever made sense anymore in this world. Funny thing is I didn't and still don't know what caused it and just like this guy, I was never ready to tell anyone what I was going through. So if I had taken my life then people would have blamed someone? Since then, I don't judge people who commit suicide because what they go through before the act can not be explained by words. As for me, I started drinking small small, lol, funny and unbelievable, but that's how I saved myself.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by sammirano: 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
judgementyard:

You made valid points but let's be honest,I don't see any reason for one to take his or her life.

You dont see the reason and just pray you dont experience the reason. There are numerous reasons why people might want to end things. The ability to seek help or comfort(hopeless situation) is key to preventing suicide.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Upforgreatness(f): 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
PBeni:
Sad one. I keep saying this, suicide is never the way.
You've never been depressed before..I almost terminated my life when I was going through depression too it's God that used someone to stop me if not I wouldn't be here typing

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Lewandoski20(m): 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

I said what I said

Wish I could give this more likes. If you agree with me like the like. Let the likes continue grin
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
zedman1:
I've been depressed once in 2012 and nothing, I repeat, NOTHING ever made sense anymore in this world. Funny thing is I didn't and still don't know what caused it and just like this guy, I was never ready to tell anyone what I was going through. So if I had taken my life then people would have blamed someone? Since then, I don't judge people who commit suicide because what they go through before the act can not be explained by words. As for me, I started drinking small small, lol, funny and unbelievable, but that's how I saved myself.
Saved me too bro. I know the feeling

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by surebona(m): 7:35pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sometimes you just want all the voices to stop.... Put me in your prayers
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Goldbw122(m): 7:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

I said what I said
You said it all ..
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Map1(m): 8:28pm On Feb 02, 2021
daddymummy:
Sometimes the wives are to blame for some men suicide.

Imagine a society where a woman does not offer any thing in marriage.

The children belong mainly to her because she gave birth to them.The man cannot say that the children are his own because it is not he that carried them in the womb and also another man could even be the father of the children.

But it is the man that will pay the bill, sustain the wife and her children, pay for children school fees, and pay for the house rent, etc.

The woman does not offer anything.

It is as if a man labour to make money just to take care of strangers.

The wife and children are actually strangers but the man is the one that labour to take care of them because the society believes that it should be so.

The man does not see that he has been exploited by the society.

Most men are often very angry and will resist you if you try to take away their rights.

But they do not see anything wrong with the situation whereby a man would labour just to feed a woman and her children who do not have anything to offer.

The society makes it so subtle that a man does not see that he has been exploited in marriage.

After sometime in the marriage, the man may come to his senses and began to realise that the woman does not love her but only married him because she was looking for who to feed her, where to live for free and give birth to children, who to take care of the children when it involves money.

The man is so ignorant initially that he thought that by marrying he has achieved something not knowing that marriage is an achievement to a woman and not to the man because he will not gain anything but will rather lose something.

It is an achievement to women because she has succeeded in finding someone who will labour to feed and cloth her.

If the man cannot provide all the needs of the woman and her children, the woman would begin to say that the man has failed as a man, that he should go out and labour hard, then come home and take proper care of her and her children.

Can you imagine such exploitation from women? She is telling the man to go out and suffer for her.

But what does she herself offer? Nothing.

Imagine going out every time to work,labour and suffer, just to feed a stranger.

Women believes men was created to labour for their safe keeping.

They believe they are the wiser gender because they have succeeded in making men to live only to satisfy and make women comfortable.

They see men as babies that could be exploited.

But men do not see anything wrong with such a setup.

But when the man finally realized the truth after marrying the woman for some years, and has come to his senses,........
I want you to be my friend,may God bless your knowledge
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Map1(m): 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2021
daddymummy:
Sometimes the wives are to blame for some men suicide.

Imagine a society where a woman does not offer any thing in marriage.

The children belong mainly to her because she gave birth to them.The man cannot say that the children are his own because it is not he that carried them in the womb and also another man could even be the father of the children.

But it is the man that will pay the bill, sustain the wife and her children, pay for children school fees, and pay for the house rent, etc.

The woman does not offer anything.

It is as if a man labour to make money just to take care of strangers.

The wife and children are actually strangers but the man is the one that labour to take care of them because the society believes that it should be so.

The man does not see that he has been exploited by the society.

Most men are often very angry and will resist you if you try to take away their rights.

But they do not see anything wrong with the situation whereby a man would labour just to feed a woman and her children who do not have anything to offer.

The society makes it so subtle that a man does not see that he has been exploited in marriage.

After sometime in the marriage, the man may come to his senses and began to realise that the woman does not love her but only married him because she was looking for who to feed her, where to live for free and give birth to children, who to take care of the children when it involves money.

The man is so ignorant initially that he thought that by marrying he has achieved something not knowing that marriage is an achievement to a woman and not to the man because he will not gain anything but will rather lose something.

It is an achievement to women because she has succeeded in finding someone who will labour to feed and cloth her.

If the man cannot provide all the needs of the woman and her children, the woman would begin to say that the man has failed as a man, that he should go out and labour hard, then come home and take proper care of her and her children.

Can you imagine such exploitation from women? She is telling the man to go out and suffer for her.

But what does she herself offer? Nothing.

Imagine going out every time to work,labour and suffer, just to feed a stranger.

Women believes men was created to labour for their safe keeping.

They believe they are the wiser gender because they have succeeded in making men to live only to satisfy and make women comfortable.

They see men as babies that could be exploited.

But men do not see anything wrong with such a setup.

But when the man finally realized the truth after marrying the woman for some years, and has come to his senses,........
when it comes to marriage women are the sole beneficiary of it and I asked myself is there anything men gain in marriage? Absolutely nothing the best favour a man can do him self is to reduce the work load on himself by marrying a woman who get work and don't give birth to many children.period
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by daddymummy(m): 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
Map1:
I want you to be my friend,may God bless your knowledge
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by daddymummy(m): 8:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
Map1:
when it comes to marriage women are the sole beneficiary of it and I asked myself is there anything men gain in marriage? Absolutely nothing the best favour a man can do him self is to reduce the work load on himself by marrying a woman who get work and don't give birth to many children.period
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by 7lives: 9:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
SexytorresE:
One should learn how to communicate and be close to people. People are going through alot deep inside but have no one to share with and some don't knw hiw to voice out . We should learn to give people room to communicate also ; undecided

Some people. are too arrogant to share their problems.
There's nothing anyone can do to help such people.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by SexytorresE(f): 10:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
7lives:

Some people. are too arrogant to share their problems.
There's nothing anyone can do to help such people.
no lie detected
Re: Tricycle Rider Commits Suicide On Football Pitch In Lagos by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 03, 2021
MejiLoyon:

I said what I said

From your explanation, I now understand your pain.

Firstly, know that many wives are not so creative with their husbands. And for those who are, the fear of what the husband would say prevent some of them from creatively expressing themselves except when they are convinced that it wouldn't cause trouble at home.

Unlike the disposition of feminists, marriage is truly a great achievement for a woman. For goodness sake, she is not the only single female in a relationship. Many ladies courted before she even got a boyfriend, and are still courting after she got wedded, and could still be courting long after she's done with childbearing. And someone (feminist), somewhere is jealously ranting that it is not an accomplishment. Meanwhile, marriage is also a blessing for the man, as long as he got himself a submissive (loving) wife and not a "migraine".

For you sir, take the lead as the head of your home. Initiate a conversation with her when you get back home today. Ladies like ice cream a lot. I don't know about your wife. If she does, branch an eatery and buy her one on your way home. Tell her about some spectaculars (create if there was none) you noticed while purchasing the ice cream. That gist would sound romantic to her because it is tied around what she likes (ice cream).

I know such is senseless and time-wasting but it works on that gender, bro. The next thing is to try and accommodate her "boring" gist if she gives any. If she doesn't, she is already opened to you anyway, courtesy of the ice cream. Make sure she is licking it before narrating your "troubles". I dare say, she would be caring and a good listener. If she acts indifferent, don't show your disappointment (you really need to be a man to do this), simply go watch TV. I observe guilt humbles them (wives) a lot. So she might join you and do the right thing. If she doesn't, never give up. It simply shows how deeply she's been hurt by your actions/inactions of the past. Simply attempt other techniques/strategies other days, but certainly not with ice cream. Be creative and don't make all your attempts to be based on purchases too. You would be laying a terrible foundation in your marriage if you do that.

Also learn the art of reverse psychology when relating with her. Also, LISTEN DEEPLY to hear what she IS NOT SAYING but SAYING when she is talking (including nagging, if she does) to you, and see what you can do without compromising nor relinquishing your headship over her. And don't just talk to her. Take out time to assess what you will say, watching out for the overall effects (pros and cons) on her before saying it. This involves virtually all communication (love, instruction, reprimand, guidance etc.). Because either way, you would bear the outcome - they are highly-programmable beings. "Words" (especially repeated words) are the codes that would program her, either for you or against you. Also watch out for the period/surroundings and most especially, her state of mind [to clear all interference] before you say very important things to her, so that you can be sure that she heard (well-coded with) the information you communicated. Because there could be moments you could say South but she heard North in her [unruly] analysis, and actually (stubbornly) heads North. cheesy

Despite being married to her, you still need to "toast" (rightly program) her very often - more of words than purchases before leaving her on "autopilot". Don't also take her for granted while supposedly taking her for granted at moments such is needed to humble her. Such discipline is needed from time-to-time as deemed fit because they seem not that "wired" to manage excessive affection (love), praises or even success like a man. Well, this is my personal observation lol. But I think moderation is key. Women are amazing beings. Manage yours with care and intelligence. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIBEN Student Shot In The Head By Rival Cult Group In Edo State. Photo / Man Arrested For Procuring Abortion For His Girlfriend In Lagos (Picture) / Laura Tamabari Atih Goes Missing After Leaving Home In Port-Harcourt. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.