Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? (12070 Views)

Single Mothers: What's Your Take On This? / What Was Your Baby's First Word? / Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by chei: 6:49pm On Apr 08, 2011
30 megabytes
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by Outstrip(f): 7:30pm On Apr 08, 2011
naijababe:

And it was natural birth? U strong o if it was

Pushed him out in 5 minutes. I had epidural though. I no kill my mama so my pickin no go kill me LOL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2011
Outstrip:

Pushed him out in 5 minutes. I had epidural though. I no kill my mama so my pickin no go kill me LOL

Spoken like a true naija woman, this was my mom's autopilot response back in the day grin
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by Outstrip(f): 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2011
grin grin grin
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by mutter(f): 8:21pm On Apr 10, 2011
with my big baby I felt like a tree being split in two. It was not the head that was the problem but the whole body. Normally it is head out and the rest is done but this one it was gradual push all the way and I kept on screaming "take it out ". He was so big that no one in the hospital could believe he was new born. He still is a very big size. With 11 size 42 shoes.
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:03am On Apr 11, 2011
Speaking for my wife,

First Son 2.8kg

Second Son 3.4kg

If i may ask why the second born is bigger than the first?

Is it that the womb get bigger after the first son?

1 Like

Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by fstranger3(m): 1:39am On Apr 11, 2011
^^^

How come all fingers arent of the same length?
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:56am On Apr 11, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

How come all fingers arent of the same length?

Because God didn`t make them that way
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by lucretina: 12:46pm On Apr 11, 2011
my elder sister's babies were 4.7kg
4.5kg
4.3kg
i guess its in my family's gene
i myself, were 4.1kg at birth
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 11, 2011
I was a really tiny baby, i heard.
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by blank(f): 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2011
I was 4.3kg at birth. Was scared that my baby will be big as both my husband and i are tall with heavy bones. Surprisingly, i had such a small tummy that at 5 months, people were asking if i really was pregnant as i was still wearing my old clothes without much of a bulge.

My baby came 5 weeks early and weighed 2.3kg. I was so scared but now, at 6 weeks he weighed a healthy 3.9kg. thank God, he came out early. grin

2 Likes

Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2011
My baby weighed 1.9 Kg when he was born, [s]smallest baby at birth on this thread so far[/s]! Long story but thank God he came out safe and sound

Now at almost 11 months, he weighs about 9.1 kg, I guess I have been working hard smiley
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by dominique(f): 10:31pm On Apr 11, 2011
^^^ was he pre-mature?
@topic
2.7. . . he was on of the smallest of the day embarassed
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2011
dominique:

^^^ was he pre-mature?

Yes he was
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by fstranger3(m): 2:13am On Apr 13, 2011
tpiah!:

I was a really tiny baby, i heard.

The thread wants to know your baby's weight, not your weight.

Must everything be about you? undecided

Are you this lonely and needy?
lipsrsealed
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 13, 2011
^^yes i am.

dont hate because i couldnt audition for giant baby like you wink

dem no go even fit carry you for back sef- maybe na stroller [abi pram] you dey take waka.

that explains your restless nature.
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by Akinagirl(f): 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2011
My baby boy was 8 pounds and 15 ounces
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by BabyOkon: 9:36am On Apr 19, 2011
My sister's (born last year) was 7lbs, 15oz. She had several doses of the epidural before pushing her out in like 5-10min! I was impressed.
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by zill(f): 10:06am On Sep 29, 2011
3.6 kg & 2.5 kg cool
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by TiriB12(f): 4:45pm On Jun 17, 2016
3.2kg each for the 2.
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by sexyslim001(f): 8:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by Kimoni: 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
1.9kg

3.1kg
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
5 lbs 11oz
and
4 lbs 11oz
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
3.1kg After practicing all the 'stay away from carbs' rules embarassed
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by realtalk19: 8:29am On Jun 18, 2016
3.5kg
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by ndozzy: 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
5.0kg, but it was not easy
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by deepwater(f): 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2022
blank:
I was 4.3kg at birth. Was scared that my baby will be big as both my husband and i are tall with heavy bones. Surprisingly, i had such a small tummy that at 5 months, people were asking if i really was pregnant as i was still wearing my old clothes without much of a bulge.

My baby came 5 weeks early and weighed 2.3kg. I was so scared but now, at 6 weeks he weighed a healthy 3.9kg. thank God, he came out early. grin
Hi
Please how did you increase his weight in 6 weeks.
Did your baby had issues with blood sugar level and temperature regulations during when is birth weight was low? Please what did u do?
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by deepwater(f): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2022
zill:
3.6 kg & 2.5 kg cool

Hello
Please how far the 2.5kg
How is your baby doing, hope great.
Can explain how the 2.5kg was able to gain more weight and how long ut took.
Please
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by Ifyjos(f): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2022
3.8kg, 3.1kg
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by ImaIma1(f): 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2022
deepwater:

Hello
Please how far the 2.5kg
How is your baby doing, hope great.
Can explain how the 2.5kg was able to gain more weight and how long ut took.
Please

My babies were 2.6 and 2.7

You just feed them normally and they grow and catch up. I was exclusively breastfeeding, so nothing extra.

Another thing that matters is genes. I haven't had big babies probably because I was small myself. But if you see my 4yr old.now, you would never believe she was that small.
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by deepwater(f): 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2022
ImaIma1:

My babies were 2.7 and 2.9.

You just feed them normally and they grow and catch up. I was exclusively breastfeeding, so nothing extra.

Another thing that matters is genes. I haven't had big babies probably because I was small myself. But if you see my 4yr old.now, you would never believe she was that small.

Thanks so much
This is very soothing I must say
Re: Mothers: What Was Your Baby's Birth Weight? by ImaIma1(f): 9:03pm On Apr 24, 2022
deepwater:

Thanks so much
This is very soothing I must say

You are welcome.

I meant to say 2.6 and 2.7. Updated on my comment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Woman Sex Escapades With Her Son / A Mother's Letter To Her Unborn Child / Share You Bed Wetting Stories As A Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.