Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho (338 Views)

Femi Kuti: Osinbajo Invited Me To Join APC / Oshiomhole: It Was The Same Buhari That Invited Me To Be Chairman That Sacked Me / Sunday Igboho: Governor Seyi Makinde Invited Me To Kogi For Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho by agwom(m): 9:04am On Feb 02, 2021
Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, alongside his supporters, on Monday, stormed some areas in Yewaland, Ogun State, asking killer herdsmen to vacate Yorubaland.

He said he was in Ogun on the invitation of Governor Dapo Abiodun to sack killer herdsmen from the state.

Igboho was in Abeokuta, Ogun State Capital, before proceeding to Eggua, Asa and Eseluland which had complained about activities of killer herdsmen.

He said he would visit the entire Yorubaland to ensure peace.

Igboho had recently visited a Fulani settlement in Igangan, Oyo State, where Sharki Fulani Saliu Abdulkadir’s residence was attacked for alleged complicity in attacks by suspected herdsmen in the area.

Igboho explained on Monday: “The reason for our visit to Ogun state is to flush out the killer herdsmen.

“We’ve not visited the governor, we’ll do that after we’ve flushed the Fulani herdsmen out of the state.

“Let’s thank God and the governor of the state; he said himself that he wanted us to come and send the killer herdsmen out.

“His action shows that he loves the people of Ogun state.

“If he doesn’t love the people of Ogun state, he wouldn’t have allowed us to come to the state.”

However, Governor Abiodun, in a statement by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Waheed Odusile, denied enlisting Igboho to combat crime in the state.

Abiodun was silent on the Igboho’s Monday visit but denied earlier report credited to his Special Adviser on Public Communication, Remmy Hazzan, welcoming Igboho to the state.

“At all times, the government will ensure all security agencies and indeed all stakeholders operate within the ambit of the law and will neither welcome nor endorse any initiative that amounts to self-help or is outside the contemplation of the constitution which is the ground norm binding on all governments and persons in the country,” he said.

He emphasized that Ogun “is home to all Nigerians and foreigners alike.”

https://dailytrust.com/gov-abiodun-invited-me-to-sack-herdsmen-igboho
Re: Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho by YoonSung81: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2021
But Ogun state government denied it
Re: Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho by Arewa1stSon: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2021
Make una carry on...

Herdsmen needs to ejected from every part of Southern Nigeria.

This is what our leaders should have done but they failed.
Re: Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho by RemiDogCare(f): 9:07am On Feb 02, 2021
YoonSung81:

Because of the surge in popularity which they never anticipated
Re: Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho by Kaduna1stson: 9:08am On Feb 02, 2021
Then go ahead with the work and stop arguing with everyone!
Re: Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho by osamz007: 9:08am On Feb 02, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
They go ahead and stop

Re: Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho by helinues: 9:08am On Feb 02, 2021
Liar
Re: Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:09am On Feb 02, 2021
What I don't understand is why Igboho has to go to Ogun state while there are still unfinished jobs in Oyo. Wakili and co are still seizing farmers lands in Oyo and marking them "no go area".

I hope this guy is not just a show man.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho by Sammy07: 9:09am On Feb 02, 2021
YoonSung81:

Lol, if it were you, you wouldn't also accept him publicly.

Why do you think FG is silent on herdsmen
You think they ain't supporting them privately?
Re: Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho by realstars: 9:09am On Feb 02, 2021
The Governor Will Never Agree That He Sent Him.
Re: Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho by Ibada4: 9:10am On Feb 02, 2021
God bless Sunday Igboho
Like if you Agree

3 Likes

Re: Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho by RRodwave(m): 9:12am On Feb 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Gov Abiodun Invited Me To Sack Herdsmen – Igboho by majamajic(m): 9:14am On Feb 02, 2021
Nigeria end is near

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

JOS VS GEMBU: Which Is Colder? / Passage Of Edo Matriarch: Prince Malik Afegbua Consoles Gani Audu / Why Is It Only Hausa/fulani That Fight With Their Host Tribes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.