Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

My Bank Blocked My Account, How Can I Ratify It? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bank Blocked My Account, How Can I Ratify It? (1564 Views)

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. / Please Help First Bank Blocked My Brothers Account / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bank Blocked My Account, How Can I Ratify It? by Jerewise332(m): 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good evening great minds
Just want to make it brief, I actually bank with Gtb, I opened student account with them since 2018 while in campus because I did not have voter's card as well as NIN then. With student account you can't deposit above 300k or if what is in your account is close to 300k they'll call you for account upgrade. 2019 I did my voter's card and I lost it alongside with my wallet and my phone probably lost the sim which I used while opening the account with them in a tricycle, I was unable to keep in touch with them,before I lost my voter's card I didn't have much in the account so I feel reluctant to go for upgrade. During the covid19/ASUU strike, I ventured into business that I began to make savings in that account, I made about 200k personally with 100k my parents gave me for my fees thats making it 300k in the account. After resuming I decided to go to the bank to withdraw then I discovered that they blocked my account, I pleaded with them that I don't have any other money on me that they should allow me to withdraw, all to no avail. They said I should go and bring NIN or any other means of identification which I told them I can only bring NIN, they said no problem.. After successfully enrollment for NIN, I went back to the bank for the account upgrade, they told me that NIN portal is not open and the service is bad to check how authentic my NIN is and as such the bank account remain blocked.. As a student with exams who don't even have any hope for money apart from that which is in my account, I was so frustrated today in the bank.. Because none of those bankers seem to understand my predicament. Please have you ever encounter this, how can I sort myself out of this situation now?
Re: My Bank Blocked My Account, How Can I Ratify It? by HarunaWest(m): 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2021
Jerewise332:
Good evening great minds
Just want to make it brief, I actually bank with Gtb, I opened student account with them since 2018 while in campus because I did not have voter's card as well as NIN then. With student account you can't deposit above 300k or if what is in your account is close to 300k they'll call you for account upgrade. 2019 I did my voter's card and I lost it alongside with my wallet and my phone probably lost the sim which I used while opening the account with them in a tricycle, I was unable to keep in touch with them,before I lost my voter's card I didn't have much in the account so I feel reluctant to go for upgrade. During the covid19/ASUU strike, I ventured into business that I began to make savings in that account, I made about 200k personally with 100k my parents gave me for my fees thats making it 300k in the account. After resuming I decided to go to the bank to withdraw then I discovered that they blocked my account, I pleaded with them that I don't have any other money on me that they should allow me to withdraw, all to no avail. They said I should go and bring NIN or any other means of identification which I told them I can only bring NIN, they said no problem.. After successfully enrollment for NIN, I went back to the bank for the account upgrade, they told me that NIN portal is not open and the service is bad to check how authentic my NIN is and as such the bank account remain blocked.. As a student with exams who don't even have any hope for money apart from that which is in my account, I was so frustrated today in the bank.. Because none of those bankers seem to understand my predicament. Please have you ever encounter this, how can I sort myself out of this situation now?
NIN website is down presently. If your I.D isn't confirmed, your account would not be updated.
No blame bankers for your problem, blame NIMC.
Just find somewhere borrow from pending when NIMC sorts it's mess.
Re: My Bank Blocked My Account, How Can I Ratify It? by majamajic(m): 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2021
Gtb are found of that , they did it to my neighbor last 2 months , after enough pleading based on student account , they gave him the money 100k , told him if any money enter there again he should forget it till he upgrade with his NIN

That's how he lost his account till date . Any money that enter there is locked up
Re: My Bank Blocked My Account, How Can I Ratify It? by Pierocash(m): 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2021
Jerewise332:
Good evening great minds
one of my female friends had similar issue sometime ago, I deposited about 300k in that account which I lent her for business and they blocked the account same way yours was blocked.

I told her to go do driver's license,she did it and gave it to them and the account was unblocked.

Go get international passport which is faster than driver's license,or go do driver's license and wait for it within 4 weeks.
Re: My Bank Blocked My Account, How Can I Ratify It? by Jerewise332(m): 6:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
Pierocash:
one of my female friends had similar issue sometime ago, I deposited about 300k in that account which I lent her for business and they blocked the account same way yours was blocked.

I told her to go do driver's license,she did it and gave it to them and the account was unblocked.

Go get international passport which is faster than driver's license,or go do driver's license and wait for it within 4 weeks.

What really pained me most is how I suffered to get the NIN.. Pls how much will I be charge for the driver's license?
Re: My Bank Blocked My Account, How Can I Ratify It? by Pierocash(m): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
Jerewise332:

What really pained me most is how I suffered to get the NIN.. Pls how much will I be charge for the driver's license?
I don't really have idea,but I believe it will be around 10-15k now.
Re: My Bank Blocked My Account, How Can I Ratify It? by Jerewise332(m): 7:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
HarunaWest:

NIN website is down presently. If your I.D isn't confirmed, your account would not be updated.
No blame bankers for your problem, blame NIMC.
Just find somewhere borrow from pending when NIMC sorts it's mess.

If the NIN website is down then why're they still enrolling people and issuing NIN to them?

1 Like

Re: My Bank Blocked My Account, How Can I Ratify It? by HarunaWest(m): 7:21pm On Feb 02, 2021
Jerewise332:

If the NIN website is down then why're they still enrolling people and issuing NIN to them?
NIN site for I.D verification is down not the one for enrollment.
Re: My Bank Blocked My Account, How Can I Ratify It? by Jerewise332(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
HarunaWest:

NIN site for I.D verification is down not the one for enrollment.

I thought as much
Re: My Bank Blocked My Account, How Can I Ratify It? by nikmod(f): 10:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
You don't need to stress yourself tell them to close your account and give you your money simple, they will just tell you to write a letter for closure and you will get your money so long it is the domicile branch but them go deley you sha o before they release the money

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Information On Bitumen Sourcing And Export / An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories / Partner With Pect Global Ltd And Dscommunity For Seminars Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.