Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories (1564 Views)

You Can Become An Author Today / 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Author Files For Bankruptcy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by AuthorX: 10:16pm On Oct 29, 2007
Hi all,

If you’ve tried to have honest business dealings with people from around the world, you must have experienced what I have experienced. They either balk or run away from you when they learn you are from Nigeria. I’m currently putting a book together which will make them understand that not all of us are scammers. It’s supposed to help people understand scamming and help them relate with it. The book highlights the vast investment potential of the country, showing how some foreigners are taking advantage of them and the influx of FDI into Nigeria.

However, a chapter in the book needs to have real scamming stories by ex-scammers. I’m inviting ex-scammers to tell me about their exploits. Please send me your stories. You don’t need to reveal your identity.

Thanks.
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by sweetberry(f): 9:03am On Oct 30, 2007
well actually the person didn't succeed but when i  first started uni i was looking for a place to rent, i advertised on gumtree,com & this person sent me a mail & sayin he has a house to rent & all i have to do is pay  £600 deposit through western uni before i can view the house, he sent me very beautiful pictures of nice houses

he sent me this mail

Hello
how are you doing today,i hope you are both having the best of today,
I would have send you my account details but base on the advise of my bank that i shouldnt give out my bank details i will advise that you make the payment through the western union money transfer, for the refundable deposite and you pay in your  name as the receiver and your friend name as the sender so that the money can be in your care, 
Cause that is the only means i can suggest,and it will also make it possible for me to confirm it online,cause i myself never made use of it,
So all you need to send me are the details of your transaction at the tranfer office i.e
Sender Name:
Receiver Name:
MTCN
and any other vital details that might be on the form you filled during the transaction,
Immidatedy you send me those details i will confirm with her if it possible for you toi come viewing the flat today or tommorrow,and she will give you the keys to the flat incase you want to move in immdiately,
i will be expecting your reply regarding this arrangement,
have a nice day,

he mailed me for almost two weeks in which he insisted i send the money before i view the house
after i got tired i mailed him this

hello julian (if that is your real name),
i was just humouring you, i have known for a long time that you were a no do-gooder, a yahooze man, a scam artist you don see mugu abi?
your story is too much going to dublin e.t.c i ve sussed it out a long time ago
sorry no FREE money here, we went to the address & it turns out it wasn't empty i.e it was occupied. anyway i ve decided to move to manchester so i don't need your non-existent flat anymore
May God punish you if you really do cheat people of their money.

SENDERS NAME: OBATALA, SANGO, BABALAWO
RECEIVERS NAME: JULIAN DANIELS
MTCN: YAHOO MAN

GO AND CASH THE MONEY OUT NOW

AND HE REPLIED WITH THIS
Hey
i can see that at last you decided to come out at last,well if you must know am a nigerian like you and not that lucky as you are,mind you its not in my wish to scam you but the way you acted make me believe that you can pay me, 
Well i hope you try understand the situation here,am an orphan and this,i mean you are the first person i want to scam,  There is no need for you to curse or abuse me and am sorry for going that far with you forgive me and if you must know we both share the same name, 
Hvae a nice day,
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by shamass77(m): 9:14am On Oct 30, 2007
AND HE REPLIED WITH THISHey
i can see that at last you decided to come out at last,well if you must know am a nigerian like you and not that lucky as you are,mind you its not in my wish to scam you but the way you acted make me believe that you can pay me,
Well i hope you try understand the situation here,am an orphan and this,i mean you are the first person i want to scam, There is no need for you to curse or abuse me and am sorry for going that far with you forgive me and if you must know we both share the same name,
Hvae a nice day,

Sweetberry, could you pls explain that photograph you have in your profile page? Where excatly art thou?

Meanwwhile, Authour, it's not gonna be easy with the e-sammer thing, well, av receieved some though but the prob is that i dont think twice before i delete them. Good luck dear.
All the best
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by jerrymania(m): 9:21am On Oct 30, 2007
@ poster

would you pay them?
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 30, 2007
real touching stories you got there
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by smile4kenn(m): 10:37am On Oct 30, 2007
@author

I am currently writing a fiction novel on internet scam, some editors and publishers that read few chapters of my novel called my novel "internet fiction", its a good idea that we are putting them into writing and in d nearest future alot of people must have been aware of it, Well am working hard and am looking forward dat some day i will finish my book.

I have true stories on internet scam and i know alot on how they work, beofre you can write a book on scam, you have to act like a vitim and follow up big scam stories till u are satisfied. I followed up some many scam, acting like a victim and i have alot to put up my book.
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by ruemu(m): 11:57am On Oct 30, 2007
SCAM stories are not real stories.
U should script yours.

peace
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by Kokomica(m): 12:33pm On Oct 30, 2007
AuthorX, I am also working on the travailsof fraudsters in nigeria. My manuscript is about 54 pages. can u get accross to me so that we can co-author the book.
Koko!
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2007
@AuthorX

I'm sure you get scam mails on a reg.You could always play along and find out how it all works.I think it's not a simple as the CASE sweetberry posted.You best chance of getting your chapter written is by being the bait.Laterz Dude!!, Best of luck on your book.
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by teena(f): 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2007
I dont know the mumu that just sent this one to my box;

Good Day To You,

Though i have not considered this medium to be the best manner to have approached you on this issue being that the Internet has been greatly abused over the recent years and is very unsecured for informations of vital importance. I have decided to take the chance seeing that no other means could have been faster and more
efficient than the E-mail.
I am Stephen .H.Powell, Staff of Standard Life trust Bank Limited.I am contacting you concerning a deceased customer and an investment he placed under our banks management four years ago to the tune of Fifty million united states dollars($50,000,000,00).I would respectfully request that you keep the contents of this mail confidential and respect the integrity of the information you come by as a result of this mail.I have been in charge of this department for six years and to best of my knowledge,i have discharged my duty with equity.
In the process of review of the financial report by my department, I discovered that both of you have a similar last name, hence I contacted you so that I can give you further briefing on my intention and how to disburse the funds and estate he left behind.My proposal; you share the same surname With our late client; I am prepared to place you in a position to instruct The security Firm to release the deposit to you as the closest surviving relation.Upon receipt of the deposit,I am prepared to share the money with you in half. That is: I will simply nominate you as the next of kin and have them release the deposit to you. We share the proceeds 50/50. I ask that you do not destroy my chance, if you will not work with me let me know and let me move on with my life but do not destroy me. I am a family man and this is an opportunity to provide them with new
opportunities. There is a reward for this project and it is a task well worth undertaking.

I will most welcome your prompt response via this email stephenpowell04uk@yahoo.com as that would enable us to start something immediately.

Sincerely,
Stephen [stephenpowell04uk@yahoo.com]
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by sabastine: 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2007
A scam story!!!

Attention Winner !!!

We happily announce to you the draw (#471) of the MICROSOFT WINNING
PROMOTIONS (online program), held on Saturday 20th October 2007. Your
e-mail address attached to an electronic ticket number: 56475600545 which
was assigned to your e-mail address with Serial number 5368/02 drew the
lucky numbers:1- 9-1- 20- 43- 44 (32) (bonus no.), which subsequently
won you the lottery in the 2nd category i.e match 5 plus bonus.

You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £250,000 (Two
Hundred And Fifty Thousand Pounds Sterling) in cash credited to file
KTU/9023118309/06. This is from a total cash prize of £1,000,000 shared
amongst the first four (4) lucky winners in this category i.e Match
5plus bonus.All participants for the online version were selected randomly
from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted
from over 100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are
listed online. This promotion takes place weekly until the end of the
year.(31/12/2007).

Please note that your lucky number falls within our European booklet
representative office in Europe as indicated in your play
coupon(5647560054). In view of this, your £250,000 (Two Hundred And Fifty thousand
pounds sterling) would be released to you Europe. Our European agent will
immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your
funds as soon as you contact him.For security reasons, you are advised to
keep your information confidential till your claim is processed and your
money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your
prize.
Please you are advised to contact the agent with your lucky
numbers,this is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and
unwarranted abuse of this program. And provide him with the following
details below:

NAME:
ADDRESS:
STATE /COUNTRY:
WINNING AMOUNT:
WINNING NUMBERS:
SEX / AGE: OCCUPATION:
AMOUNT WON:
TEL /FAX NUMBER:
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by oliky(m): 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2007
Guess i would have to post one before the day runs out.Its not mine anyway,but its presently running on a canadian forum.I'll just copy and paste it here.Its so funny and many canadians around the world are viewing it live.I'll post it pretty soon.
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by showbobo(m): 12:08pm On Oct 31, 2007
there should scambaiters in the house to assist you anyway.
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by AuthorX: 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2007
Hi everyone,

Thanks for responding to my initial post.

Oliky, please remember to include the original website, I can't include stuff like that in my book without permission from the owners of that website.

What I was hoping for was someone telling his story,

I had actually thought it was against the rule of this forum to include my email address in the original post. So here it is: redhat19@gmail.com

Thanks.

AuthorX.
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by soulthief: 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2007
Here s a live one for you.T he guy wrote me so i decided to be bait.my reply s bold letters,i ll keep ya posted as the 'sharp man' evolves his style.Do peeps actually fall for this

NO PROBLEM.LIKE HOW WILL U NEED?PLEASE O, I DONT HAVE MUCH MONEY,BUT SINCE I LL BE COLLECTIN IT BACK PLUS MY SHARE I DONT MIND GIVING U.JUST LEMME KNW HOW MUCH.THANK YOU.

ibrahim mohamed <ibrahimmohamed3@yahoo.fr> wrote:
DEAR SAMSON,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUICK ANSWER TO MY PROPOSITION. HOW IS YOUR FAMILY? I HOPE NO PROBLEM.

YOU ARE ADVISE TO LOOK AT MY SECOND MAIL AND WHEN YOU ASSURE ME THAT YOU WILL NOT BETRAY ME WHEN THE MONEY ENTERS INTO YOUR ACCOUNT I WILL PREPARE THE OFFICIAL REQUEST FORM WHICH YOU WILL FILL AND TO SEND IT TO OUR BANK BY THE E-MAIL ADDRESS OF THE BANK TO PAY YOU PRESSING ATTENTION TO YOUR DEMAND TOWARDS THE BANK AS THE HEIR FOR THE DEAD CUSTOMER.KNOW THAT IT IS 100 % WITHOUT RISK.

BE ASSURED THAT I SHALL SUPPLY YOU WITH THE DETAILED INFORMATION WHICH THEY WILL REQUIRE FROM YOU AS REGARDS THIS DEAL.NOTE, YOU SHOULD NOT ALLOW THE BANK TO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A PARTNER WHO SUPPLIES YOU WITH THE INFORMATION THEY REQUIRE FROM YOU TO SUPPORT YOUR DEMAND AS HEIR TO MR KATTAN SALIF WHO DIED IN 2000 IN A PLANE CRASH. BE ASSURED THAT IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND AND FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS,THERE WILL BE NO DIFFICULTY FOR THE BANK TO TRANSFER THIS FUND INTO YOUR ACCOUNT. I AM A MAN Of 46YRS WITH 3 CHILDREN.

I WILL RETIRE FROM THE PUBLIC SERVICE ANY MOMENT AS SOON AS I SHALL CONCLUDE THIS DEAL WITH YOU. NOTE THAT THIS FUND BELONGS To A FOREIGNER BUT REGRETTABLY HE DIED WITH HIS FAMILY IN A PLANE CRASH IN 2000 AND SO FAR NOBODY CAME TO OUR BANK TO DEMAND THIS FUND AS HEIR TO THE DECEASED AND BEING FROM BURKINA-FASO I CAN NOT DEMAND THIS FUND BECAUSE IT BELONGS To A FOREIGNER AND ONLY A FOREIGNER CAN DEMAND THIS FUND.

NOTE THAT THE FUND MUST BE TRANSFERRED IN YOUR ACCOUNT UNDER 7 WORKING DAYS COUNTING FROM THE DAY OF SUBMISSION OF YOUR APPLICATION AND APPROVAL BY OUR BANK.
KNOW THAT IT WILL HAVE NO HANGING BACK AFTER THE COST OF THE TRANSFER IS BEING PAID.

NOTE THAT YOU WILL BE ENTITLED To 40% OF THE TOTALITY OF THE SUM AND 10 % WILL DRAWN APART FOR ALL THE EXPENSES WHICH WILL OCCUR DURING The COST Of the TRANSFER AND THEN 50 % WILL BE FOR ME AND MY ASSOCIATES.
FINE I HAVE RECEIVED THE MAIL YOU SENT TO ME AND MY COLLEGUES HAVE REACH YOU FINE.I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW BEFORE WE CAN GO AHEAD I WILL LIKE TO LET YOU KNOW THAT .THERE ARE SOME DOCUMENTS TO BACK UP THIS FUND AND ALSO RE-ACTIVATION OF THE ACCOUNT ON YOUR NAME AS THE REAL BENEFICARY.

SO PLEASE I WILL LIKE TO KNOW FROM YOU IF YOU WILL ASSIST ME BOTH IN FINANACIAL AND OTHER WAYS SO THAT AS THIS FUND IS TRANSFER INTO YOUR ACCOUNT ? WHAT YOU SPENT WILL BE REDUCTED BEFORE SHARING THE MONEY. THAT WAS THE REASON THE 10% IS MAP OUT FOR THE EXPENES? AND WITH ALL THIS REQUIREMENT THERE IS NO WAY THE BANK CAN TRANSFER THIS FUND INTO YOUR ACCOUNT.

I AWAIT YOUR ANSWER AS URGENCY IMPLIES. THANK YOU AND MY RESPECT TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY AND TO HOPE TO BE WITH YOU SOON.
YOU SHOULD PROCEED AHEAD AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM IN THIS TRANSACTION AND IS NOT ILLEGAL OK ? PLEASE STAND AS THE NEXT OF KIN THERE IS NO PROBLEM AM HERE TO PROTECT YOU TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO PROBLEM OK

CALL ME ON THIS LINE FOR FURTHER EXPLANATIONS: 00226 7814 2253

YOURS SINCERELY
MR IBRAHIM MOHAMED
Re: An Author’s Request For Real Scam Stories by AuthorX: 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2008
Does this mean the bad guys are winning?

(1) (Reply)

Statistical Consulting Business / Cbn Governor May Investigate The Closure Of Nospetco And Others / Browse The Internet With Your Laptop And Mobile Phone With No Charge!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.