Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive (7901 Views)

Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding / President Buhari Vows To Reverse “Terrible Mismanagement” Of Nigeria / Massive Protest Against Coup By Executive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Racoon(m): 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2021
The Federal lawmaker representing Gwer/Gwer West federal constituency, in the House of Representatives, Mr. Mark Gbillah has decried the level of corruption and mismanagement of the nation’s resources by the executive.

The lawmaker who spoke Tuesday in Makurdi lamented that the executive presides over the expenditure of over 98 per cent of Nigeria’s annual budget without commensurate developmental projects to show for the huge funds.

According to him, “the budget of the National Assembly every fiscal year never exceeds N138billion. In fact, it is usually around N125billion. Now let’s take this year’s budget, for instance, that is about 1.1 percent of the entire budget. The judiciary takes about one percent while the executive sits on about 97 to 98% of the annual budget and yet Nigerians wonder where corruption is.

You can see how they have misguided Nigerians not to look at the fact. Is it the one percent that goes to the National Assembly that is destroying Nigeria’s economy? Even if we cancel all the pays of the legislators what difference will that make?

“We must all know that the budget of the National Assembly is not given to members to share. The money goes to the running of the National Assembly.

“The legislature is separate from the administrative arm of the National Assembly. You have the civil service, you have the National Institute of Legislative Studies, we have the Committee work, before you come to the allowances of our aides and the allowances and salaries of lawmakers and all the operation.

“That is what that budget goes for. But unfortunately, you will see people carrying out some mathematics sharing the budget among the lawmakers.Who does that.Should we divide the 98% of the budget that goes to executive among the president, his vice and the ministers?

“These are things Nigerians need to really start to understand. People have pitched Nigerians against the legislators. But Nigerians need to support us to enable us do our work. If they look at us as the problem, they will stop us from being able to look at where the real problem is based, which is the executive.

“Nigerians should be wise and rise up to where the problem of their country is. It is in the executive, that is where the corruption is and that is where our money is mismanaged.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/rep-decries-corruption-mismanagement-of-nations-resources-by-executive/amp/
Lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Designsking: 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2021
They are IPOB grin

All of them

3 Likes

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Racoon(m): 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2021
“Nigerians should be wise and rise up to where the problem of their country is. It is in the executive, that is where the corruption is and that is where our money is mismanaged.”
Same HOR part of the stooge rubberstamp NASS that is always approving spurious budgets and loans for the executive after cutting their own share of the bargain? Kettle calling pot black. Abeg make hear word.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by johnmartus(m): 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2021
Buhari you see your life. I start suspecting this ineffective called buhari since his wife abandon him.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Privatepart00: 6:33pm On Feb 03, 2021
The same group mismanaging the resources still pointing fingers to the executive as if , they are any better .
There was a country
Chinua Achebe surely saw the future

2 Likes

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by odave: 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2021
Hmm, kettle calling pot black...

Each time I pass through some roads in my hood, filled with dust, I will be like if so and so didn't convert the allocation to his personal account, this road won't be this bad, each time there's power outage in my hood, my mind will be on fake privatization we did years back... All is falling back on us the helpless citizens

Many naija leaders owed us apologies before they die

6 Likes

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by zero007(m): 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2021
Why the hell you crying out for your handwork. So we should feel pity for you all "Thief Rep's" abi

Oloriburuku....

1 Like

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2021
mtchew,na today?
Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by HORLADSTAR(m): 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
All of una na thief, na the same blood dey run inside una body so no excuse

Naija don wise so we mueeve

5 Likes

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by oilking: 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
Lols
Country is in deep comma
Japa
Thunder fire any BMC or cursed paid agent of distablization wey go attempt to quote me.

2 Likes

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by SouthSouth1914: 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
Corruption reeks on every corner of this country! Let them divide this British experiment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by lagusboyyy(m): 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
They should keep blaming themselves.

But in my opinion, the legislative arm of Government is the wackest in this country, i don't see their usefulness on the common man.

Billions of Naira are just being wasted on those men without any impact on the country.

Laws laws, dey no make am to benefit me and you.

Whats their usefulness then?

At least, i always feel the impact of the Executive and Judiciary small.
Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Factfinder1(m): 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
Because they haven't had their shares that's why they are decrying
Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Frankyboy1(m): 6:36pm On Feb 03, 2021
Birds of same feather

1 Like

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by magoo10(m): 6:36pm On Feb 03, 2021
The only people who cannot see the reality are sycophants.

We said it long time ago
Buhari will end up taking the country backwards .

6 Likes

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by dederocs(m): 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2021
fucking rubber stamp house of reps, posterity will judge you guys harshly.

1 Like

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Martinola(m): 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2021
Na today
Nigeria was, is, and will most likely be a mistake forever.
Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Brendaniel: 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2021
I've been saying this thing since, The first biggest scam of Nigerian was the amalgamation, second biggest scam was democracy, third biggest scam was Buhari...

4 Likes

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Prodigee: 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
See pot calling kettle black! This country is just full of hypocrites. Make una make cuts on government spendings, na war.

1 Like

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
For a person like the present National Assembly member to call you a thief....

O pari. it's now makes sense to give up on this government.

Only that our guy forgot or refused to talk about the annual procedure called budget padding which always unite both legislative and executive arms of government.

2 Likes

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
That is why they are talking bullshit and telling lies anyhow
Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Brushstrokes20: 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
Buhari and cohorts are common THIEVES!..
Judiciary and legislature are crooks!
Only a red revolt can salvage the shithole.

3 Likes

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
Over to the executive.
Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by ForeThinker: 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
Damn
Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by elmessiahs(m): 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
self centred leaders everywhere
Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by galaxy2020(m): 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
Kip kwayet! RUBBER STAMP PEOPLE... Did executive give you permission to talk?

1 Like

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Enudapan: 6:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Nigerian politicans both the rep and the excos
Has been stealing our moni since 1960

1 Like

Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Zico5(m): 6:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
Mr integrity my foot. Buhari is the most corrupt, tyrant and nepotistic president Nigeria ever had. I think his problems is from lack of proper education. How I wish we can turn back the hands of time and correct this mistake. But it's too late. Just that 2023 is too far to bear the hardships of this man.
Re: Rep Decries Corruption, Mismanagement Of Nation’s Resources By Executive by Yankee101: 6:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
Tell truth to power

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rate The President's Mid-term Report / Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe / "Buhari Will Not Tolerate Killings, Kidnappings" -Minister Of Interior, Dambazau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.