Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job (18581 Views)

WTO: 79 Countries Endorse Okonjo-iweala’s Candidacy / Patrick Lumumba Picks Okonjo-iweala Over His Country’s Candidate For WTO Top Job / Egypt Wants Okonjo-iweala Disqualified From WTO Top Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by TheRareGem1(f): 11:51am On Feb 05, 2021
US president, Joe Biden, has been asked to endorse former Nigeria Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for the World Trade Organization (WTO) top job, Bloomberg reports.

Dozens of former US government officials have urged Biden to endorse Okonjo-Iweala, after the Trump administration blocked her selection.

The opposition halted the selection process because WTO decisions are made on the basis of a consensus of its members.

South Korean Trade Minister, Yoo Myung-hee, on Friday also withdrew her bid to lead the WTO, leaving Okonjo-Iweala as the only remaining candidate for the job

https://dailypost.ng/2021/02/05/biden-asked-to-endorse-okonjo-iweala-for-wto-top-job-as-myung-hee-withdraws/

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by Jones4190(m): 11:59am On Feb 05, 2021
Binde adminstration favor nigeria more than obama and Trump adminstration.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by Goldencheese(m): 2:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
I am sure NOI will clinch this position as the first woman and African for the good of the world, Africa and Nigeria.

Congratulations ahead to her.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
You are a winner already Madam Okonjo,
Our Darling Daddy got your back from day one!
And Anybody that all of us @ [/color] support is always a winner and always ends up Victorious.
Just becareful that some certain losers led by a cownu no put mouth for ur matter,
If so, na sorry go be dis case o.

It has happened over and over and over again and again.
You can ask Dino, Saraki, Your guy Jonathan, Jimi Agbaje, Atiku and even most recently, Donald Trump.
As long as you stay clear of such multiple losers, you are a winner.
Truth is not bitter, just that some losers are bitter to the truth, we go continue to dey talk am.... you heard?!
Pres Joe Biden, kindly do the needful biko.

From the horse's mouth : Thanks, WTO members for your continued support of my candidacy. “I could not have made it without the prayers and support of all Nigerians and friends around the world. [color=#990000]Thank you, President Buhari and all my friends. Aluta continua!”

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by onoms4luv(m): 2:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
Over to you Biden, the world is watching
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by Ayoola171(m): 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
Is she (Okonjo) not the only last standing candidate again. She has won this unopposed.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by Eriokanmi: 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
Yes! Yes!

Shame on devilish trump who claimed to be saint and all his almanjiris in USA and Nigeria saw him as a messiah, even holding vigils for the idiot. How can someone who hates blacks openly be supported by any sane blackman or woman? How can someone with unguarded comments, even calling our place a shiit hole be called a true Christian? It amazes me how a particular tribe whose name I'd not mention here always hates to see their fellow soar. They wanted trump to be reelected at all cost, the same who was against the candidacy of their sister.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by lekki1444: 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
grin eponjo iweala

bidenchukwu oya over to you
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
Jones4190:
Binde adminstration favor nigeria more than obama and Trump adminstration.

She is an American citizen

5 Likes

Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by BOLLDD: 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
Interesting
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by sheDD(m): 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
Aside from announcing our name Nigeria to the world I DNT see any socio-economic dividends this Okonjo-Iwela will add to Nigeria.
So why d fuss undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by Ask4bigneyo(m): 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
Na so....

Please check my siigy
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by mrtender: 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
ok
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by tillaman(m): 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
sad
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by chrisxxx(m): 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
The right thing to do.
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by reccy(m): 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
That's the way to go.

All the best ma'am.
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by younglleo: 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
Hmm, dey news didn't even affect me, how i fit comot from did country dey trouble me!
E don dey turn to nightmare!
Any travel now pay later scheme here?
I dey serious
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by echelonfashion(m): 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nigerian American
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by Johnson5258: 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
He will since it's just her now, how are we sure they told the other woman to step down honorably.
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by ryloy: 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Trump did not see her as citizen.

7 Likes

Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by englishmart(m): 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
Does his endorsement have anything on mine?

1 Like

Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
Why is it taking Sleepy Joe so long?

3ven now that NOI is the last oerson standing, shouldn't the uS just do endorse her already?
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by helinues: 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
But NOI no longer have opponent now
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by Uchechukwu88: 2:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nigeria 4 sale�������
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by ryloy: 2:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
Jeezuzpick:
Why is it taking Sleepy Joe so long?

3ven now that NOI is the last oerson standing, shouldn't the uS just do endorse her already?
And it took Trump how many years?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by konkonbilo(m): 2:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Yet trump blocked her nomination

13 Likes

Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by bmcariyo(m): 2:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Nigerian citizen (First class Citizen) before been an American citizen
Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 2:15pm On Feb 05, 2021
ryloy:

Trump did not see her as citizen.

Trump saw her as a black woman.

5 Likes

Re: Biden Asked To Endorse Okonjo-iweala For WTO Top Job by 900warriorz: 2:15pm On Feb 05, 2021
Once again,

Igbo Amaka grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maintain Your Tolerance, Compassion - Kwankwaso Tells Rev Daniel Okoh / More Pictures From PDP Presidential Rally In Adamawa / President Jonathan Visits Victims Of Emab Plaza Bombing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.