Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:57 AM

JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station (1002 Views)

3 Buses, 4 Motorcycles, Others Burnt In Attack By Armed Men In Ebonyi – Police / Unizik Student, Chioma, Killed By Suspected IPOB Members (Photos, Video) / Sit-At-Home In Imo: Suspected IPOB Members Set Vehicles Ablaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by Factshunter: 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
JUST IN: Suspected IPOB members torch Ebonyi Police station

Suspected members of the proscribed Indigenious People of Biafra(IPOB) on Thursday attacked the Onicha Divisional Police Headquarters in Isu community.

The hoodlums, it was gathered, struck around 3:25pm.

They allegedly set ablaze one of the buildings in the station and four patrol vans.

Police spokesperson, Loveth Odah, confirmed the incident.

Idaha said one Police officer sustained matchete cut injuries from the attack.

She said:”Today being 4/02/2021 at about 0325hrs hoodlums suspected to be members of the Proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) attacked Onicha Divisional Headquarters, Isu in Onicha L.G.A of Ebonyi State, set ablaze the left wing of the Division and four (4) patrol vehicles”.

“This followed threats by the Proscribed Group who are alleging that the Police were protecting the Fulani Herdsmen who they accused of being responsible for the killing of one of their members *Nwite Njoku ‘m’”.

“One Policeman sustained machete cuts injuries during the attack and he is responding to treatment in the hospital”.

“Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police Ebonyi State *CP Aliyu Garba psc+* took on the spot assessment tour of the Area and met with the stakeholders in the Community to seek ways with the community in carrying out the investigation on the matter”.

“The CP while assuring the general public, particularly the residents of the State of his continues commitment to the protection of lives and properties, urges all to remain law abiding as normalcy has totally return to the Area”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-suspected-ipob-members-torch-ebonyi-police-station/amp/

Mynd44

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nnamdi Kanu

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by Ogonimilitant(m): 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
Factshunter:
JUST IN: Suspected IPOB members torch Ebonyi Police station

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-suspected-ipob-members-torch-ebonyi-police-station/amp/

Mynd44
Thiernubu newspaper cheesy

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2021
This was very avoidable if the Nigerian Police was neutral, fair and just.

People are sick of the Nigerian security apparatus protecting foreign murderous Invaders.

I really hope the innocent and incorrupt security officers didn't get caught in the crossfire.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by lordm(m): 5:19pm On Feb 05, 2021
Why destroy a police station, call them terrorists now, they will come out to deny it. Yet they behave like terrorists

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by ThatEnuguboi: 5:20pm On Feb 05, 2021
The Nigeria police should desist from the one sided support of the fulani herders against their host communities, they should have learned from endsars by now. People are already fed up with fulani menace and won't mind tackling the police if they get biased. A word is enough for the wise

4 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by EnvelopeUs(f): 5:21pm On Feb 05, 2021
Wahala no dey finish
Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by Tumbulum: 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2021
Aliyu Garba is the commisoner of police in Ebonyi State. Can you see how senseless the 1999 constitution is ? A Northerner is policing Ebonyi state while his home state is being ravaged by bandits terrorist herdsmen and hoodlums.

5 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by Kingofgods: 5:26pm On Feb 05, 2021
booscy:

People are sick of the Nigerian security apparatus protecting foreign murderous Invaders.

I really hope the innocent and incorrupt security officers didn't get caught in the crossfire.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by ThatEnuguboi: 5:28pm On Feb 05, 2021
booscy:

Well said, police should learn not to be partial
Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
Kingofgods:

Ppl like you have brain but don't use it. Wen IPOB was not violent, ur govt with ur ovation proscribed it a terrorist group leaving herdsmen dat de world put at 4th position in terrorism.
Now u guys have beaten de drum in de village square and are now complaining dat de village masquerade is dancing.
I'm from Edo state, and I say No to I POB, herdsmen and Nigeria as a whole...make we pieces dis country let us go and build wat is ours.
And if u no use ur sense before replying my quote,,,ogun dey kill ppl for where I come from

You must not try to prove that you're mentally deranged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by 4ckyou: 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
lordm:
Why destroy a police station, call them terrorists now, they will come out to deny it. Yet they behave like terrorists

I don't support Ipob, but if Nigerian police don't want to be fair to all citizens, then all the police stations should be burnt down

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by christistruth01: 5:39pm On Feb 05, 2021
lordm:

By the time IPOB is done they will be worse than Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by Kingofgods: 5:39pm On Feb 05, 2021
lordm:
Ppl like you have brain but don't use it. Wen IPOB was not violent, ur govt with ur ovation proscribed it a terrorist group leaving herdsmen dat de world put at 4th position in terrorism.
Now u guys have beaten de drum in de village square and are now complaining dat de village masquerade is dancing.
I'm from Edo state, and I say No to I POB, herdsmen and Nigeria as a whole...make we pieces dis country let us go and build wat is ours.
And if u no use ur sense before replying my quote,,,ogun dey kill ppl for where I come from
Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by Kingofgods: 5:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
booscy:

You must not try to prove that you're mentally deranged.
Sorry my brother, I was replying to dat cow sympathiser, LORDM abi wetin he call himself...
Once again...no vex
Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by SouthNigerian: 5:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
They must have got some reliable information concerning terrorists in Police uniform posted to that particular Police station, hence the attack.

Some mumuic e-warriors will come here and be spilling gibberish about some nonsense Laws and Constitution that have bring nothing but pains and setbacks for South Nigerians.

The same nonsense Constitution that their senseless senile leader have failed to obey time over time. Reason why he the failure extended the tenure of the retired IGP of Police. Total disregard for the Constitution.

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by Fantasticcc: 5:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
undecided Good, the era of killing Igbo's and going Scot free is over. If this news is true then the police killing a man is true too...An eye for an eye, useless people

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by ThatEnuguboi: 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2021
lordm:
And you left the part where it was stated the police was protecting the herdsmen to kill them, u should know people have had enough of herdsmen and police should be neutral,
Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by ThatEnuguboi: 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2021
SouthNigerian:
They must have got some reliable information concerning terrorists in Police uniform posted to that particular Police station, hence the attack.

Some mumuic e-warriors will come here and be spilling gibberish about some nonsense Laws and Constitution that have bring nothing but pains and setbacks for South Nigerians.

The same nonsense Constitution that their senseless senile leader have failed to obey time over time. Reason why he the failure extended the tenure of the retired IGP of Police. Total disregard for the Constitution.

Well said, who's talking about the stupid constitution that even the herdsmen don't obey, they keep Grazing in an open field
Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 05, 2021
Who fucck up must collect.
They're turning this country to Colombia
Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by Earlystar698(m): 6:19pm On Feb 05, 2021
Police should be neutral in dealing with people in this country,they should stop protecting terrorist and then kill innocent people!
Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by MrValthegreat: 6:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
Hmm! If any Fulani related crime happens in Nigeria the media tags the terrorists 'bandits', 'hoodlums' or 'criminals' but if any act of holiganism takes place in the south East the media goes straight to 'IPOB OR SUSPECTED IPOB MEMBERS' even without confirmation. Something is really wrong with this country.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by like Bitcoin did, start mining now before it is fully launched to become a VIP and earn big.

Download at https://bee.games/download.html use 'valthegreat' as your referral link.
Re: JUST IN: Suspected IPOB Members Torch Ebonyi Police Station by nairalandankrah: 6:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
The police must have killed someone..
A life is more valuable than a police station

(1) (Reply)

/ / TIMELINE: What Are Soldiers Doing On Highways? / King Of Yoruba Muslims In Kano State Wishes All Muslims Happy Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.