Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? (31129 Views)

What Was The Craziest Thing You Experienced In Secondary School? / 15 Year Old Female Student Had 9 A's In Waec, Scored 305 In Jamb - Twitter User. / What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Fmlao: 3:04pm On May 02, 2021
My primary 3 pupils, I was taking them CRS that afternoon and I was talking about worries. I told them not to worry about anything in life. That flowers dresses well, Solomon in all his Glory no fit dress pass them. Na so, i talk say even birds no get work and God still dey provide for them.
Na so, the pupils, said Uncle, Birds dey work. I said which work, they chorused THIEF
they said, birds and rats are thieves

I bursted into laughter.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Jimmyubah2: 3:04pm On May 02, 2021
I should leave Christianity for Islam.

3 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by ststyreal(f): 3:05pm On May 02, 2021
Teachers should stop flogging people's children pleaseee..... Stop flogging kids.
if you can't detect another means of passing your message other than flogging, then let that child be, before una go carry dead body go house all in the name of disciplining pupils. You don't know the kind of sickness some of them have within them. Enough said. If you are a teacher, stop flogging children please....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by agabaI23(m): 3:05pm On May 02, 2021
bukatyne:

Ok, you proved me right.

I wanted to teach and my prayers got answered cheesy

So you understand the point of my post to the OP.
I love teachers
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Genesiis(m): 3:06pm On May 02, 2021
Onnasucs1:
I was a teacher in primary one 4 years ago. A 6 year old pupil who could barely spell, used her pencil to write on her exercise book:

"Uncle {my name}, I love you"

I was shocked. At such an age, what does she know? I behaved like i didn't see it. I seriously didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

It was crazy
Mine was a JSS 2 girl in the North, an adult though but could not write nor speak English. She sent her colleague to write a letter to me stating "uncle I love u soooooooo much" I bust into laughter when I read the letter especially how she stressed the word "sooooooo"

Well there are different ways to punish a student, so I kept throwing all the questions to her and if she could not answer, I'll ask her to stand in front of the class. I did that till she stopped attending my class. Latter went in search of her in another class, made a few jokes and became friends. Was able to get her back into my class.

what would be my benefit as a teacher if not to impact knowledge.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by johncallidon(m): 3:07pm On May 02, 2021
psychologist:
Online class during lockdown

Lecturer : please submit the assignment I gave during the last class
Me: I forgot mine at home

Lecture :
Funny You.

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by kalu61(m): 3:09pm On May 02, 2021
CheedyJ:

Teaching center of gravity in a physics class & it’s not as if they’d be asked in any exam to explain what center of gravity is yet you explained it.. well done sir, I sha hope you didn’t show d girls practically
l didn't teach but defined what it is grin.

Omo, all these female children don spoil finish. I de fear to marry.
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Anaerobi(m): 3:11pm On May 02, 2021
litigator:

And after that, what did you do to help his condition so he can develop in character and in learning, being the Teacher that you are?

You should be ashamed of yourself, if all you succeeded in doing was give him more reason to stay away from school.

You mustn't be harsh na.

2 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by kalu61(m): 3:11pm On May 02, 2021
ststyreal:
Teachers should stop flogging people's children pleaseee..... Stop flogging kids.
if you can't detect another means of passing your message other than flogging, then let that child be, before una go carry dead body go house all in the name of disciplining pupils. You don't know the kind of sickness some of them have within them. Enough said. If you are a teacher, stop flogging children please....
This is not what the thread is about na. Na so wuna de fail Jamb.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Anaerobi(m): 3:12pm On May 02, 2021
Lemmy123:

Actually the boy may be right... If cockroach can be protein, why not grasshopper??

hahahaha. lol... hahahaha.
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by joyousever(f): 3:14pm On May 02, 2021
That was very disappointing! It's not everyone that's mature in age that's also mature in attitude. Traitors everywhere.
CrazyMan:
Stop flogging other people's kids, I witnessed a live incident during my NYSC, days a female corper flogged a Jss2 student, the guy just fainted. It took the grace of God for us to revive him. Turned out that the guy wasn't sick but hungry.

Many people are starving, you can always communicate your message to them in a more civilized way than flogging them like animals, cos if you end up killing the child, the same community you're serving wouldn't hesitate to give you the jungle justice treatment.

Back to the topic... during my NYSC, a female student came to me and asked me where I stay, I told her what does she want to do in my house, she told me she wants to play with my pénis (although she didn't call it pénis directly. She called it pipe) I looked at her for some seconds after she told me what she meant by pipe and asked her how old she was, she told me 11, I shook my head and told her that it's very wrong for a woman to see a man's pipe let alone play with it that it can lead to severe stomach ache or death.

This child gave me the shock of my life when she told me that she plays with her uncle's own and he loves seeing her play with it and suck it. Upon further inquiries it turned out that she's a victim of sexual abuse by her own uncle whom she lives with.

I reported the incident to a mature female teacher who promised me that she'll get to the root of the matter, guess what....she did absolutely nothing, instead the uncle came and threatened me then withdrew the girl from the school.

I kept on asking myself, how did this so called mature female teacher handle this incident that it reached this level?

Not every elderly person is as matured as one thinks, I really felt for the child, never saw her again. This incident still troubles me till today even though it happened almost a decade ago.

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Jayslyder: 3:14pm On May 02, 2021
soundOsonic:

The mother is an illiterate who doesn't know the value of education.
I later knew where he was leaving. He doesn't help the mother to sell anything, he just sit outside doing nothing. Surprisingly he loves sitting outside.
As for the mother she is a loosed kind of parent who doesn't care. I doubt she even lays her hand on her children.
How I knew this was I discovered he was living close to my street

Hope this ain't the kinda English u use in teaching?

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Lemmy123(m): 3:15pm On May 02, 2021
Anaerobi:

hahahaha. lol... hahahaha.
Lol
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by ststyreal(f): 3:15pm On May 02, 2021
kalu61:
This is not what the thread is about na. Na so wuna de fail Jamb.
Well uncle or aunty, I just lend a voice to a certain guy that commented that he flogged a boy who didn't do his assignment. I know the thread isn't about flogging but I just have to sound it, because I detest flogging people's children unnecessarily. All the same, thanks for reminding me what the threads is all about. Happy first Sunday of the month!

5 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Lemmy123(m): 3:17pm On May 02, 2021
Jayslyder:

Hope this ain't the kinda English u use in teaching?
Aside misspelling "Living" as "Leaving" What other thing is wrong with his write up?
You guys and this correction up and down sef

9 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 02, 2021
I thought during NYSC, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and almost every other subject at JSS level. I offered my services to another school, private lessons, even night adult school. I made some cash sha, but concluded teaching was too stressful. Make I no go turn teacher for future.

Worse thing I heard from a student was "corper, you dey do like say you no know wetin dey". From an ss3 girl after many attempts to seduce me. Spoilt kids that year, fond of opening their legs to display their panties as you are teaching. Na so one aboki corper gbola go raise as dem show am pant, the whole school hear d gist.

Happened in Kabba, Kogi state.

8 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Fragility6: 3:20pm On May 02, 2021
ststyreal:
How many children flogging don kill? I despise how some of una dey think. Open another thread to yan dis dust no spam this thread.

6 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Deicide: 3:23pm On May 02, 2021
soundOsonic:

Now this is an opportunity to know him, funny enough you know the kind of person a student is after you flog him or her just by watching their countenance.

You day craze for head
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by joshima(m): 3:24pm On May 02, 2021
[quote author=rottable post=98813369]I asked all students to tell me their future ambition and one of them said he wants to become a Yahoo Boy. I was so angry that I flogged mercilessly. Some months later when I saw him, he was already into Yahoo.[/quote

10x richer than you I presume
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by tunnex190: 3:25pm On May 02, 2021
Lemmy123:

Aside misspelling "Living" as "Leaving" What other thing is wrong with his write up?
You guys and this correction up and down sef

You know some people like to show. Na dem dem na sabi spell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by cayorday89(m): 3:29pm On May 02, 2021
Mine as a friendly teacher with the usual financial issues, I needed to save massively despite the low pay and I was always buying beans with either bread or yam most times to last me the whole day, which I normally eat during break and the pupils noticing it always tell me that my favourite food is beans and bread and one of them actually told the mum to please cook beans for me since it was what I loved eating daily..
She did brought the food with egg yam and told me that her son has been disturbing her to bring it that I will appreciate it but she was always see it as been weird to bring such, I did appreciate and was glad but what the guy pupils never knew was that, the combination was a life saver for all Nigerian hustlers out there...
I pray they all find favour and be great in life... I still keep in touch with the said student, he visits me at times and I do same when chanced..

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by ststyreal(f): 3:31pm On May 02, 2021
[quote author=Fragility6 post=101314535]
How many children flogging don kill? I despise how some of una dey think. Open another thread to yan dis dust no spam this thread.[/quote
Just like you said, say make we no spam this thread. I be teacher, so I no wetin I dey yarn. But my words na for who get ear make e hear. I dey teach for govt school for your information. If you no kill person pikin, those children fit plan you. Na advice I dey give no be fight. Happy first Sunday of the month!.

5 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 02, 2021
Anaerobi:

You mustn't be harsh na.

grin grin grin grin grin

Op's action got me quite pissed bro. As kids, we all became who we are today, cos we had elders who weren't our parents or blood related but they held our hands and ensured we became somebody.

I remember when I bought my first company, the decision or desire to go into business was sharpened by those older friends who used to visit my father's tenant. I learnt a lot from them. I was the kid running errands and thus allowed to stay in their midst.

I was quite stubborn during my younger days. So stubborn I disowned by pops cos he won't allow me to jump classes in school. Imagine if these older guys didn't hold my hands.

Perhaps I for still dey my papa house dey find rent to collect from e tenants cos the man nor send any body message that year.

3 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Thazard(m): 3:35pm On May 02, 2021
[quote author=paulolee post=101312717]1..it was a primary 4 class n i asked them what they intend doing in future n they were calling sweet professions like doctor, lawyer, engineer n none called teacher...
I asked why none choosed Teaching n the stubborn kid said he dnt want to endup like mr paul dts sweating to teach them n still fighting n hoping to get complete salary at d end of d month..
d talk touch me bcoz its already a new month n d owner of d skul never even pay complete...
2.. during ASUU strike, i applied for a job in a sec skul near my street n struggling to teach one jss2 boy mathematics n he still wouldn't get it, I jus vex n asked him "why is ur brain no sharp like others??
d boy reply me o.. he say "you wey ur own sharp, why you no de work for bank na?? d whole class burst laff....u nearly flogg am die[/quote

cheesy
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 02, 2021
Anaerobi:
Been a teacher in one primary school in one of the northern state.

so one day, I was teaching my primary 2 pupils classes of food, when I got to Protein, I have this pupils Ahmed by name. who is just something else that every teacher is just tired of him. so that day his class mate were mentioning foods that gives protein to the body.

When I look around, Ahmed hand was up, I was happy that Ahmed will contribute. so I gave him the go ahead, as the whole class was silent to hear what Ahmed will say.

Ahmed stood up and said Grasshopper....

I was like, Ahmed, grasshopper as Protein...

But he was right na.

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by kushme: 3:35pm On May 02, 2021
Fragility6:

How many children flogging don kill? I despise how some of una dey think. Open another thread to yan dis dust no spam this thread.

I dey tell you. Mostly, you go notice say, na women dey talk that rubbish pass..

they want to do rubbish and expect to go unpunished from it..

Better flogging and punishment make most stubborn kids like us respect authority for school that year oh...

4 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 02, 2021
Ficient:
I thought during NYSC, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and almost every other subject at JSS level. I offered my services to another school, private lessons, even night adult school. I made some cash sha, but concluded teaching was too stressful. Make I no go turn teacher for future.

Worse thing I heard from a student was "corper, you dey do like say you no know wetin dey". From an ss3 girl after many attempts to seduce me. Spoilt kids that year, fond of opening their legs to display their panties as you are teaching. Na so one aboki corper gbola go raise as dem show am pant, the whole school hear d gist
Which state? Edo or delta or South south sha
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Propheticdavid: 3:40pm On May 02, 2021
he wanted to say locust,its rich in protein.we yoruba call it iba

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by em19em9: 3:40pm On May 02, 2021
ok
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 02, 2021
Ficient:

Worse thing I heard from a student was "corper, you dey do like say you no know wetin dey". From an ss3 girl after many attempts to seduce me. Spoilt kids that year, fond of opening their legs to display their panties as you are teaching. Na so one aboki corper gbola go raise as dem show am pant, the whole school hear d gist

grin grin grin grin grin

Aboki see something and it was without form and void. So the rod of Moses responded grin grin
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by simhosting: 3:48pm On May 02, 2021
That School is Scam

So I replied.

Why are you allowing us to scam you

She said

I want to live alone with my parent's permission?

So I moved to campus

2 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by kendological(m): 3:52pm On May 02, 2021
Anaerobi:
Been a teacher in one primary school in one of the northern state.

so one day, I was teaching my primary 2 pupils classes of food, when I got to Protein, I have this pupils Ahmed by name. who is just something else that every teacher is just tired of him. so that day his class mate were mentioning foods that gives protein to the body.

When I look around, Ahmed hand was up, I was happy that Ahmed will contribute. so I gave him the go ahead, as the whole class was silent to hear what Ahmed will say.

Ahmed stood up and said Grasshopper....

I was like, Ahmed, grasshopper as Protein...

But he is right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ngige: I Have Done What Napoleon Couldn’t Do / ASUU STRIKE: What Have You Achieved So Far? / Adeyemi College Of Education Ondo Adminssions Cut Off Marks And Adminssion List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.