Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? (31132 Views)

What Was The Craziest Thing You Experienced In Secondary School? / 15 Year Old Female Student Had 9 A's In Waec, Scored 305 In Jamb - Twitter User. / What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by atheistandproud(m): 3:53pm On May 02, 2021
Anaerobi:
Been a teacher in one primary school in one of the northern state.

so one day, I was teaching my primary 2 pupils classes of food, when I got to Protein, I have this pupils Ahmed by name. who is just something else that every teacher is just tired of him. so that day his class mate were mentioning foods that gives protein to the body.

When I look around, Ahmed hand was up, I was happy that Ahmed will contribute. so I gave him the go ahead, as the whole class was silent to hear what Ahmed will say.

Ahmed stood up and said Grasshopper....

I was like, Ahmed, grasshopper as Protein...

the boy's very correct

4 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Abdulyakeen: 3:53pm On May 02, 2021
A student ones said "my pocket money weekly is more than your monthly salary"

Life of a teacher

soundOsonic:
Guys taking up the mantle of teaching is crazy, there are fun aspects of being a teacher and there are also the well not fun aspect of teaching. In this line of occupation you meet strange kids, I will be sharing the craziest thing a student said to me as a Teacher.

Well as a Teacher teaching mathematics, my favorite class just happen to be the SS1 class being that they are the less noisy and very easy to manage. The other SSS classes seemed to be rogue to young teachers like myself.

There was a day, I was teaching them and I am the kind of guy that adds humor to my teaching and tease both the boys and girls, but there was this particular boy that skips school like as if he is a part timer. I rarely see him, I don't really know him, I don't even know about his performance and even how to tease him.

So I asked for my assignment as that is the manner of things before introducing the topic for the day and this boy didn't do it.
Now this is an opportunity to know him, funny enough you know the kind of person a student is after you flog him or her just by watching their countenance.

Some wear expression of remorse, anger, fear, extreme sadness while very few just appear to be indifferent.
I took the long skinny cane and added a smirk to my face and notice this slender boy was sweating like he just went for a dive in otamiri river somewhere in imo state.

I held my peace and asked if anything was wrong, he answered nothing. I asked " why are you sweating" the whole class started laughing, and they chorused "he just like sweating".

Well I have never seen anybody whose hubby is sweating.

I smiled and then reduced his corporal punishment to just 3 stroke the initial smacking suppose to be 6 and I gave him some good smacking.
I later met him and asked why he rarely comes to school, his reply was "my mummy just like when I am home with her'"
It just sounded crazy to me, maybe I was expecting a reasonable answer but in actuality he was telling the truth. It was that day I knew some parent just let their kids decide any time they wish to go to school. Well he made a bad decision of coming to school that day sha, that's because he got some good flogging.
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by deeptechcool(m): 3:59pm On May 02, 2021
Anaerobi:
Been a teacher in one primary school in one of the northern state.

so one day, I was teaching my primary 2 pupils classes of food, when I got to Protein, I have this pupils Ahmed by name. who is just something else that every teacher is just tired of him. so that day his class mate were mentioning foods that gives protein to the body.

When I look around, Ahmed hand was up, I was happy that Ahmed will contribute. so I gave him the go ahead, as the whole class was silent to hear what Ahmed will say.

Ahmed stood up and said Grasshopper....

I was like, Ahmed, grasshopper as Protein...

He was right you know

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by atheistandproud(m): 4:01pm On May 02, 2021
Ella in SS2, three years ago, the last period on a Friday, after biology practical, dilly dallied and was the last to leave the lab. I stood by the door impatient, so I could lock it and go home to my playstation.

She had drawn up her skirt above her knees and unbuttoned the first two buttons, and catwalked up to me. I didn't even care, na house dey my mind. I basically dragged her out and locked the door.

On Monday, she passed me on the hallway and whispered, "Mr J, you're not trying oh".

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by femi4: 4:04pm On May 02, 2021
I introduced them to methods of solving quadratic equations like

Completing the square, factorisation and quadratic formula.

Student: No sir, that formula is "Almighty formula"

Me: Who told you that?

Student: My Daddy

Me: Well, your Daddy is wrong. Only God is Almighty, It's called quadratic formula.

2 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by alfasexy: 4:05pm On May 02, 2021
child abuser.
i hope some army guys find you and flog you senseless.
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by officialmario(m): 4:07pm On May 02, 2021
The craziest thing a student ever told me was when an ss2 student came to meet me that she really like me and my method of teaching, she told me to stop drinking that thing, and that whenever i take it my face is always red, she said i always look calm when i am not high on anything. she preached to me and repented, i was moved by her words.
since that day i stopped taking hard substance.
she changed my life.
praise master jesus

16 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Lonelypacifist6: 4:07pm On May 02, 2021
bukatyne:

As a teacher, why didn't you probe the boy further to understand what was really going on?

His mother likes him at home doing what?

Is he abused?

You missed a chance bro.
You really had to stretch it that far? Some mothers don't just care, or just want their Children Around them all the time. It's not that deep.

3 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Depressed101: 4:08pm On May 02, 2021
CrazyMan:
Stop flogging other people's kids, I witnessed a live incident during my NYSC, days a female corper flogged a Jss2 student, the guy just fainted. It took the grace of God for us to revive him. Turned out that the guy wasn't sick but hungry.

Many people are starving, you can always communicate your message to them in a more civilized way than flogging them like animals, cos if you end up killing the child, the same community you're serving wouldn't hesitate to give you the jungle justice treatment.

Back to the topic... during my NYSC, a female student came to me and asked me where I stay, I told her what does she want to do in my house, she told me she wants to play with my pénis (although she didn't call it pénis directly. She called it pipe) I looked at her for some seconds after she told me what she meant by pipe and asked her how old she was, she told me 11, I shook my head and told her that it's very wrong for a woman to see a man's pipe let alone play with it that it can lead to severe stomach ache or death.

This child gave me the shock of my life when she told me that she plays with her uncle's own and he loves seeing her play with it and suck it. Upon further inquiries it turned out that she's a victim of sexual abuse by her own uncle whom she lives with.

I reported the incident to a mature female teacher who promised me that she'll get to the root of the matter, guess what....she did absolutely nothing, instead the uncle came and threatened me then withdrew the girl from the school.

I kept on asking myself, how did this so called mature female teacher handle this incident that it reached this level?

Not every elderly person is as matured as one thinks, I really felt for the child, never saw her again. This incident still troubles me till today even though it happened almost a decade ago.
and y'all have the guts to criticize anty iyabo... You had no nerve to save that girl, you had to seek the opinion of another teacher and left it to her... God gave you an opportunity to save an abused young girl child you threw it away... Now I don't judge you because you probably didn't know how to go about it then

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Lastlook: 4:11pm On May 02, 2021
I love you, can you marry me.
Hahaha funny but crazy
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by anochuko01(m): 4:12pm On May 02, 2021
Depressed101:
and y'all have the guts to criticize anty iyabo... You had no nerve to save that girl, you had to seek the opinion of another teacher and left it to her... God gave you an opportunity to save an abused young girl child you threw it away... Now I don't judge you because you probably didn't know how to go about it then

You judge am finish, then went on to say "I don't judge you"

7 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 02, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Which state? Edo or delta or South south sha
Kogi state
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Lemmy123(m): 4:20pm On May 02, 2021
tunnex190:

You know some people like to show. Na dem dem na sabi spell.
Right
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by belshazzar(m): 4:24pm On May 02, 2021
ah ah. funny eh, my experience with one of my pupil changed my life
The thing is some of this kids actually see stuffs grown up usually miss, just last year after the pandemic I took a teaching job offer very close to me, (primary school tho), luckily,this girl ( isse like I do call her) was admitted to the same school same time, I didn't took notice of this not until later on, we were both new in the school (btw she's 6) and we just clicked like that , she's always fond of chatting with me after school hours , she said she loves talking with me, tho I found it fascinating at first , one day like that , she asked me why I usually wear same pair of shoes every Mondays to Thursday (lol) I was taken aback, she even went on that I should tell her why , since we were close, I opened up to her that I was feeling the after effects of the pandemic and that since my shoe is still good , I didn't plan on buying a new one cause I have bigger and better stuffs to buy .. fast forward to open day, she had asked her mum to buy my a new shoes, and to my utmost surprise eh, she knew my shoe size .. i learnt a lot from that girl, even tho I had money to buy shoes no one ever noticed but she took note of it .. there's more to it but I'd rather stop here

23 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by NaBanga: 4:29pm On May 02, 2021
Nigerians are sick in the head. See how someone talked about child abuse as if he gave the child candy. Western countries should not allow Nigerians to leave the zoo they are in. They can spoil other places on earth.
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Cromagnon: 4:31pm On May 02, 2021
Lemmy123:
I've never taught in a school before, the only time I could have, was back then during NYSC, but I wasn't posted to a school, I really wanted to teach but it didn't work out...

But the closest I've come to being a teacher was when I was with an NGO and we go about secondary schools to educate the young girls there about the importance of girl child education..
And on one of those occasion, after the lecture, we asked them if anyone had a question to ask but they all kept silence until we asked them to write it and that we would not mention names...
1. I'm 16 years old, there is a boy in my street that wants to have sex with me, should I let him?

2. My parents don't have money to pay my school fees, and there's one Alhaji that is always coming to them too marry me, he promise to pay my school fees, should I marry him? (I could have sworn that a tear dropped from my eyes when I saw this one)

3. It is okay to have boyfriend?

4. At what age can we start having sex?

The questions were all sex related and I couldn't help but wonder the kind of things that go on in the minds of these little ones...
I shook my head later on after the whole thing..
Those young ones, some of them need rehabilitation, total overhaul of their foul minds!
so sex is now foul?
Sorry o Mr righteous

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by kalu61(m): 4:34pm On May 02, 2021
ststyreal:

Well uncle or aunty, I just lend a voice to a certain guy that commented that he flogged a boy who didn't do his assignment. I know the thread isn't about flogging but I just have to sound it, because I detest flogging people's children unnecessarily. All the same, thanks for reminding me what the threads is all about. Happy first Sunday of the month!
Okay, that's good. Most floggings are unnecessary.

I think quoting the guy is also good so that he makes correction that throwing it open.

Happy Sunday to you.
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Uniique(m): 4:37pm On May 02, 2021
Teacher: Mention the types of shape you know
Student 1 : Rectangle
Student 2: Triangle
Student 3: Banana shape.
Whaaat?

2 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by kalu61(m): 4:37pm On May 02, 2021
atheistandproud:
I basically dragged her out and locked the door.

On Monday, she passed me on the hallway and whispered, "Mr J, you're not trying oh".
This line will make a good movie scene grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Lemmy123(m): 4:38pm On May 02, 2021
Cromagnon:
so sex is now foul?
Sorry o Mr righteous
It's not about me, it's about them... Something just wasn't right about how everyone was asking a sex related question, hence they needed reorientation.. Simple

4 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Cromagnon: 4:43pm On May 02, 2021
Lemmy123:

It's not about me, it's about them... Something just wasn't right about how everyone was asking a sex related question, hence they needed rehabilitation.. Simple
then tough explain to them instead of judging. It's the same you that will judge them if they don't get married in time or have children.

It cuts both ways

Sexy is a biological inperative
You either control it or it will control you

What you don't do is ignore it

2 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Galapagous(m): 4:45pm On May 02, 2021
Remember while serving in GSS BINCHI bassa LGA jos, I had this encounter with a student when I ask SS1 class to divide 20 by 4, they all went for their calculator and start punching, I then told them they weren't suppose to be doing this, one rude student got up and said, *and so, you expect me to use my head and calculate 20/4* I was stunned not by what he said but with the level of confidence he had, I had to let it slide cos there's level of discipline you can instill in that kind of xtian community if ure a mislim.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Pentools(m): 4:46pm On May 02, 2021
The younger girl of about 12years, from a very wealthy and well known family in Nigeria told me "but uncle you're done schooling, you should know better than I do that school is a very BIG SCAM!!!, STOP WASTING YOUR TIME ON US, I HATE SCHOOL, I WANT TO DO BUSINESS LIKE REAL ESTATE AND SELLING OF CARS". That was when I had them for home lesson those days, the thing shock me enter marrow till date, know that her parents are huge academias especially the mom.

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Anaerobi(m): 4:47pm On May 02, 2021
Rex442:

But he was right na.
Yes, I later browsed it... he was actually right.
but giving the already known Protein giving food will save more stress

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by jeruzi(m): 4:50pm On May 02, 2021
Two things:
1. Uncle should let me know if he is engaged so I can stop crushing on him.
2.seeing the image of a male reproductive organ on a female answer booklet when it was not biology test
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Lemmy123(m): 4:50pm On May 02, 2021
Cromagnon:
then tough explain to them instead of judging. It's the same you that will judge them if they don't get married in time or have children.

It cuts both ways

Sexy is a biological inperative
You either control it or it will control you

What you don't do is ignore it
I wasn't a teacher, we only had "One chance" to visit any school. We probably would never see again after that day. The NGO has to do what it had to do and not in our place to start telling them to flee sex and all that...

You just need to agree with my that mind of an average teenage girl is really perverted... Sex is biological, yes, but what they lack is control and more education on that, they're probably not satisfied with the tidbits of information their teachers are churning out, leaving out the larger part that would satisfied their curiosity... I'm not judging anyone!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Simba00007(m): 4:58pm On May 02, 2021
ststyreal:

Well uncle or aunty, I just lend a voice to a certain guy that commented that he flogged a boy who didn't do his assignment. I know the thread isn't about flogging but I just have to sound it, because I detest flogging people's children unnecessarily. All the same, thanks for reminding me what the threads is all about. Happy first Sunday of the month!
the way you handled it,deserves applause wink
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Anaerobi(m): 5:00pm On May 02, 2021
kendological:

But he is right.

Yes, I later browsed it... he was actually right.
but giving the already known Protein giving food will save more stress
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Durklil: 5:01pm On May 02, 2021
Oh
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by emzynuel1: 5:02pm On May 02, 2021
All of una way dey complain say flogging no gud.
Suppose no say everything get it own gud Syd n bad Syd
Even no flogging a child can b disadvantageous

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Anaerobi(m): 5:04pm On May 02, 2021
litigator:

grin grin grin grin grin

Op's action got me quite pissed bro. As kids, we all became who we are today, cos we had elders who weren't our parents or blood related but they held our hands and ensured we became somebody.

I remember when I bought my first company, the decision or desire to go into business was sharpened by those older friends who used to visit my father's tenant. I learnt a lot from them. I was the kid running errands and thus allowed to stay in their midst.

I was quite stubborn during my younger days. So stubborn I disowned by pops cos he won't allow me to jump classes in school. Imagine if these older guys didn't hold my hands.

Perhaps I for still dey my papa house dey find rent to collect from e tenants cos the man nor send any body message that year.

lol...
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Cromagnon: 5:08pm On May 02, 2021
Lemmy123:

I wasn't a teacher, we only had "One chance" to visit any school. We probably would never see again after that day. The NGO has to do what it had to do and not in our place to start telling them to flee sex and all that...

You just need to agree with my that mind of an average teenage girl is really perverted... Sex is biological, yes, but what they lack is control and more education on that, they're probably not satisfied with the tidbits of information their teachers are churning out, leaving out the larger part that would satisfied their curiosity... I'm not judging anyone!
sex is perverted?
How did you get here?
Ate you a test tube baby?
Will judging teach control or will it force them underground into the hands of baba ijesha type of perverts.

All I'm saying is sex is a tool for keeping the species going

Not good not bad

Just a reality that burying head in sand will not helo

They want to know more(right and wrong) but those that know (you) choose to leave them to find out the hard way when you force them to hide for fear of being labelled perverted

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adeyemi College Of Education Ondo Adminssions Cut Off Marks And Adminssion List / ASUU STRIKE: What Have You Achieved So Far? / Mother Of Nine Commits Suicide In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.