Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram (26302 Views)

Oduduwa Agitators Storm Court To Disrupt Ekiti Governorship Election / Yoruba Nation Agitators Are Foolish – Aregbesola / Sunday Igboho And Oduduwa Agitators Chase Away DSS Officer (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by galaxylauncher: 9:25am On Feb 07, 2021
Those Agitating For Biafra, Oduduwa Republics Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram — Gumi

An Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, has described those agitating for Biafra and Oduduwa republics as miscreants akin to the Boko Haram sect terrorising the country.

There have been calls for secession in the various parts of the country over allegations of marginalisation.

But speaking in an interview with BBC Pidgin on Saturday, the cleric described such people as miscreants who should not be taken seriously.

Gumi claimed that Nigerians are committed to having a united country, noting that the opinions of a few people championing the division of the country should not be taken seriously.

He said: "I usually give an example of General Murtala Muhammed, the former head of state from Kano, that was assassinated by the Buka Suka Dimka-led group. He had a Yoruba wife. So, where do you want his children to go if the nation is divided? Are they going to be with the Yorubas or Hausas in the North?

"Look, let's forget these useless youths. They're no more different from these herdsmen. These people agitating for Oduduwa, Bifafra or Arewa are all the same group of people with Boko Haram.

"The majority of Nigerians want to stay with Nigeria. And if they are in doubt, let's have a referendum. Look at elections, for instance, millions of votes from all the states, whether from the All Progressives Congress or the Peoples Democratic Party. This means that Nigerians are ready to stay with a united Nigeria. That is an indirect referendum which shows that the people are ready.

"So, all these youths that are making noise, whether Abubakar Shekau of Boko Haram, Nnamdi Kanu of the Indigenous People of Biafra and their Oduduwa counterpart, they are just a tiny minority of Nigerians using ethnic, archaic and retrogressive sentiments to destabilise the nation.

"But l can vouch that Nigerians really want to stay together in peace, but in peace and equity. Not with any segment of Nigeria being cheated."

Gumi said the fact that Southern leaders are quiet over such calls showed that only those pursuing personal interests were advocating division of the country in the region.

He added: "I'm in Sokoto now, there are still many Igbo traders here who don't want to go back home, so why do you tell me they want Biafra? Biafra is a nuisance just like Boko Haram. You think every northerner is a Boko Haram? Most Nigerians don't want these ethnic or religious groups. They simply want peace and to live together as nation. If truly the Yorubas are agigating for Oduduwa, why are their leaders not talking about it? Why are Igbo leaders also not talking about Biafra?"

On the way forward, Gumi called on Yoruba and Igbo leaders to dialogue with those fuelling tension in their regions, adding that similar efforts are already ongoing in the North.

"What we expect is for Yoruba leaders and Igbo leaders to take care of their miscreants as we are handling herdsmen and Boko Haram which are miscreants in the North. Every leader should take the words to their people. Only the miscreants are fuelling this," he added.

Gumi also canvassed for an amnesty programme for bandits in the country, stating that such would make them stop their attacks on Nigerians.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/07/those-agitating-biafra-oduduwa-republics-are-miscreants-not-different-boko-haram-%E2%80%94-gumi

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by sonofspada(m): 9:49am On Feb 07, 2021
A badly educated bambi allah garlic smelling old uncircumcised retard calling Biafrans blessed by God almighty from the womb "miscreants".

Na Britain I blame.

469 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by Freestainworld(m): 9:50am On Feb 07, 2021
How many people have those agitating for secession killed? stupid set of people, that are all the same.

190 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by Arewa1stSon: 9:52am On Feb 07, 2021
This must be a concocted fake news by Sahara reporters!!

We all know that Sheik Gummi is a one Nigeria and unity preacher even among the northern populace.

Sheik Gummi is among those leaders in the north who solidly believe in unity!!

He's just like my father... A peace and unity builder!
Who I still will never forget how he flooded his houses across kano state with igbos during kano crisis!!

All his houses including the guest houses were filled with refuge... He provides them with food, water and even support them with cash to rebuild their business.

I am proud of my father for his service to Nature and Humanity...

But I will never ever be like him!!

The best service to Humanity is to end Nigeria!!

Some of our leaders are already seeing the handwriting on the wall... And are already looking towards Arewa Republic!!

While some are still one Nigeria promoters!!

I strongly believe that the north will break this union...

South west governors are fully behind Sunday igboku and the herdsmens quite notice!!

Our children in kano, Gombe and bauchi were being kidnapped on their way to schools only to be found in Abia or imo.

Our leaders said that we shouldn't stereotype the Igbos.

During end sars protest Hausa traders were attacked, some were killed while some lost their means of livehood. Trailers were burnt and goods were looted!!

We tried creating awareness... Our political leaders including our traditional... Stop us that we shouldn't stereotype and attack innocent people.

Now....

Our own people are being stereotyped... Being attacked with full political and media back up!!

Our people are being demonize and being castigated by the southern media...

Where is Sanusi lamido?? Where is Baba yakasai?? Where is Emir of Kano?? Where is baba Elrufai??

Where is major Hamza Almustapha that always preach one Nigeria

Where is that boy called Bello Shagari that always oppose me whenever I talk about the glaring reality about this fraudulent union?

Our leaders should learn from the southern leaders!

Infact we no longer have criminals in the south... They've all converted to fulani herdsmen!!

Even the Hausas that were massacred during endsars were all killer herdsmen!!

Las las... We go end Nigeria!!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by yorubarere: 9:52am On Feb 07, 2021
I knew this gumi is up to no good. That his how he visited Fulani bandits, ask for govt favors for them. And indirectly asked govt to kill the vigilante groups protecting Hausa villages.

176 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by Arewa1stSon: 9:53am On Feb 07, 2021
yorubarere:
I knew this gumi is up to no good. That his how he visited Fulani bandits, ask for govt favors for them. And indirectly asked govt to kill the vigilante groups protecting Hausa villages.
see them with their divide and rule tactics!!

Gummi is better than all your religious leaders combine!!!

Gummi is a Hausa man and stop all this your divide and rule tactics.

Go to the north.. Insult a fulani and get the beating of your life from the Hausas... Vice versa!!

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by Canvass: 9:53am On Feb 07, 2021
Sheik, don't be fooled, most Southerners do not want this union anymore. The election votes mean nothing.
Never mind that you've spoken to killer herdmen called bandits. Have you spoken to the farmers or anybody from the South?

Try referendum on regional basis and you'll be shocked at how much people want a break.

Nigeria is a failed experiment and we can't keep doing things same way, hoping for a different result.

200 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 07, 2021
Exactly... Sheikh Ahmad Gumi is absolutely right! Those Biafra and Oduduwa agitators are terrorists and the Federal Government should treat them as terrorists!

Like I said before, unless they first kill me, No man born of woman can divide Nigeria. I dare you all bloody terrorists! You see the way I respect and love President Muhammadu Buhari, right? If Buhari should attempt to divide or support anyone whose aim is to divide Nigeria, trust me, I will fight him to the last drop of my blood! Even my father and my mother dare not attack Nigeria in my front. The day they'll try it, I'll disown them.

No man born of woman can divide Nigeria, unless I am dead... So I am warning Biafra and Oduduwa agitators to be careful! I'll personally arrest any miscreant and deal with them in my own way if the government fails to deal with them.

Nigeria lives as long as I live...
Long live, Nigeria!
God bless Nigeria!

11 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by Biafrawemove: 10:00am On Feb 07, 2021
Says bandit commander
Sheik gumi was once arrested in Saudi Arabia for terrorism he was saved by FG
Do you need to look far to know that these are the sponsors of terrorists in Nigeria
Sheik gumi father once said that Muslim can’t be under Christian
https://www.nairaland.com/406446/another-nigerian-terorist-arrested-saudi

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by superior1: 10:01am On Feb 07, 2021
What is Gumi?

These people are still thinking of 1966, they are living in the past.

E go surprise una

25 Likes

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by helinues: 10:03am On Feb 07, 2021
That no be lie..

Add joblessness to it as well

grin grin
Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by Tranquillity360: 10:05am On Feb 07, 2021
Last last Nigeria must divide whether foolish Nigerians likes it.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by fitzmayowa: 10:34am On Feb 07, 2021
yorubarere:

The man comfortably sat with bandits harm to the teeth and decided to vomit this rubbish, if the government was responsible its time for a referendum in other for each region to determine if they want to be part of this union....

But since there is oil that's when they will remember Nigeria must be one by fire by force and forcing everyone to share a country with terrorist dragging the whole country back to stone age....

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by ckmayoca: 10:37am On Feb 07, 2021
Same money given to bandit should be given to the ipob and Oduduwa too so they too can stop agitation.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by amazingspiderma: 10:39am On Feb 07, 2021
This article should be moved to the jokes section.
Nigeria is already in flames.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by fitzmayowa: 10:39am On Feb 07, 2021
ckmayoca:
Same money given to bandit should be given to the ipob and Oduduwa too so they too can stop agitation.

Its just ridiculous they pay bandits and boko haram while still causing trouble everywhere and the man is busy vomiting crap....

31 Likes

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by bigeliot(m): 10:39am On Feb 07, 2021
I for talk but just realized your reasoning is different from a normal persons reasoning and two people can't be mad at d same time. At this juncture, I leave u to ur thinking. If e favour u, ok, if not, welldone. We move

12 Likes

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by AdolfAboki(m): 10:44am On Feb 07, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Exactly... Sheikh Ahmad Gumi is absolutely right! Those Biafra and Oduduwa agitators are terrorists and the Federal Government should treat them as terrorists!

Like I said before, unless they first kill me, No man born of woman can divide Nigeria. I dare you all bloody terrorists! You see the way I respect and love President Muhammadu Buhari, right? If Buhari should attempt to divide or support anyone whose aim is to divide Nigeria, trust me, I will fight him to the last drop of my blood! Even my father and my mother dare not attack Nigeria in my front. The day they'll try it, I'll disown them.

No man born of woman can divide Nigeria, unless I am dead... So I am warning Biafra and Oduduwa agitators to be careful! I'll personally arrest any miscreant and deal with them in my own way if the government fails to deal with them.

Nigeria lives as long as I live...
Long live, Nigeria!
God bless Nigeria!

Well said, Comrade SilverNorGold!

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by AdolfAboki(m): 10:44am On Feb 07, 2021
ShackWes:
the guy above me and Gumi are both mad

An enemy of Nigeria spotted!

Comrade SilverNorGold has spoken nothing but the truth! You'll have to kill me too to divide Nigeria. I am with Silver on this!

Long live Nigeria!
God bless all patriotic Nigerians!
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

saaron:
Loads of Rubbish.

Another enemy of Nigeria spotted!

Comrade SilverNorGold has spoken nothing but the truth! You'll have to kill me too to divide Nigeria. I am with Silver on this!

Long live Nigeria!
God bless all patriotic Nigerians!
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by Dpharisee: 10:50am On Feb 07, 2021
Sheikh and Taqqiya came from the same Arabic language.
Afonja didn't know about Taqqiya that's why he trusted Alimi and the Hausas welcomed Uthman Dan Fodio by giving him a small land to setup his mosque in Gobir (now renamed Sokoto)
The only major group which has never believed or fallen for the Taqqiya are the Igbos, including the Taqqiya by Tinubu and co which foisted Buhari on the country in 2015

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by yorubarere: 10:53am On Feb 07, 2021
fitzmayowa:

The man comfortably sat with bandits harm to the teeth and decided to vomit this rubbish, if the government was responsible its time for a referendum in other for each region to determine if they want to be part of this union....

But since there is oil that's when they will remember Nigeria must be one by fire by force and forcing everyone to share a country with terrorist dragging the whole country back to stone age....
A part of the country comfortable building terrorists with state funds. I blame the Hausa for allowing Fulani to desecrate their lands.

28 Likes

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by yanabasee1(m): 11:13am On Feb 07, 2021
This is the man that advised the president to proscribe IPOB....

If Biafra, Arewa and oduduwa wants out...Then you should let them go.... You can't keep holding everyone into a failed state and be killing them with your militia group whom you visit to feed them regularly....

We want out!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by Ogonimilitant(m): 11:15am On Feb 07, 2021
Ok
Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by gidgiddy: 12:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
The reasoning of some people is just shocking. So because there are many Igbos in the North, it means that Igbos dont want Biafra?

Well if that is the reasoning, there are millions of Nigerians all over the world, that means they dont want Nigeria

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram by ckmayoca: 12:18pm On Feb 07, 2021
fitzmayowa:

Its just ridiculous they pay bandits and book haram while still causing trouble everywhere and the man is busy vomiting crap....

The matter tire everybody oh.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yar'adua's Body Leave Presidential Villa For Burial (pictures) / Soldiers Raped Our Members Before Killing Them – Shiite Women / Atiku: How Buhari’s Cronies Acquired Shares In Keystone Bank, 9mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.