Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (965548 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eakenbor: 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
You can now book your day old chicks at www.poultryplaza.com or call 08160636762 or 08037016637.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
anyone on the forum with cure to infectious coryza should assist asap
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Boskaii: 11:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
Good day house, please how many rows of battery cage arrangement is ideal for layer farming (2 or 3 rows arrangement) am about to build my pen and am trying to get a design for it. your contribution will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 2:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
davidzfarm18:
anyone on the forum with cure to infectious coryza should assist asap
Keproceryl, oxytetracyclin, streptomycin, enrofloxacin etc. But how did u know it is coryza?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
Boskaii:
Good day house, please how many rows of battery cage arrangement is ideal for layer farming (2 or 3 rows arrangement) am about to build my pen and am trying to get a design for it. your contribution will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Two rows,sir.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwogbe: 3:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
FarmTech:

Keproceryl, oxytetracyclin, streptomycin, enrofloxacin etc. But how did u know it is coryza?
Farmtech longest time. I don carry eye dey look for u for sometime now. Hope your birds are doing great.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Boskaii: 5:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
twoMcfemad:

Two rows,sir.

Thank you. Please i also want to know the standard distance that should be between the pen house and the fence. I intend building a fish pond what should be the distance between the fish pond and the pen house. Thank you so much
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
Boskaii:

Thank you.
I know that the distance between two pens is twice the width of the pen house.
You may apply this and even add more distance depending on land availability. Ventilation and free of air is very key. Concrete, Earthen or Tank Fish Pond? The fish pond can be located behind the pen houses if its tank or concrete pond under a shade and a line of demarcation
houses. Thanks!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
Nwogbe:

Farmtech longest time. I don carry eye dey look for u for sometime now. Hope your birds are doing great.
I've been busy oo. Yes, the birds are doing great.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 10:43pm On Feb 14, 2016
FarmTech:

swollen eyes, faomy eyes, depression.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 1:25am On Feb 15, 2016
davidzfarm18:
swollen eyes, faomy eyes, depression.
.. When I experienced such I used tylosin and keproceryl. Full dose.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Felshow: 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
please I'm interested in the Amo farm scheme how do I get started and Who do I need to contact for more information? Please help me out
quote author=topeajis post=42859389]hello Good afternoon, am currently doing a farming business with my friends under the AMO scheme where we buy in bulk (minumum of 2000 DOC) From Amo and selll to AMO after 8 weeks but we are currently using a rented Pen house. so i will like to ask if anyone have an Idea of the size of Pen house that can take 3000 boilers.
thanks [/quote]
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 7:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
FarmTech:
.. When I experienced such I used tylosin and keproceryl. Full dose.
Thanks, my vet recommended Gentamycin injection combined with lasota.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Boskaii: 11:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
twoMcfemad:

I know that the distance between two pens is twice the width of the pen house.
You may apply this and even add more distance depending on land availability. Ventilation and free of air is very key. Concrete, Earthen or Tank Fish Pond? The fish pond can be located behind the pen houses if its tank or concrete pond under a shade and a line of demarcation
houses. Thanks!

Thanks once again, am grateful
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 7:40am On Feb 16, 2016
Boskaii:

Thanks once again, am grateful
Youre welcome,sir. Best Wishes!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ee3535: 11:15am On Feb 17, 2016
for palm kernel oil the price is #200
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 11:48am On Feb 17, 2016
I have old layers for sale Quantity- 2400 Location- Ogun State. Price: 1050
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 11:48am On Feb 17, 2016
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pcoolioz(m): 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2016
pls does anyone have a comprehensive drug schedule for layers? I can't seem to find any, my vet gave me one but it's not comprhensive
it is weekly.. like week 2 lasota and blah blah.
does anyone have a comprehensive one. it's urgent if you have.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 12:25am On Feb 18, 2016
pcoolioz:
pls does anyone have a comprehensive drug schedule for layers? I can't seem to find any, my vet gave me one but it's not comprhensive
it is weekly.. like week 2 lasota and blah blah.
does anyone have a comprehensive one. it's urgent if you have.
There is a good one here: http://farmersjoint.com/doc-screening-lab-result.html
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bosaty2003(m): 8:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
Dear House farmers, Please I need a grower feed formular for me to producing feeds for my layers. i have 1,500 layer and i want to be producing my feed myself. my contACT is as follows.

bosaty2003@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mbuotidemjames: 11:07pm On Feb 19, 2016
Helo great farmers...please help.me..its urgent. I got DOC to my farm and since three days ago,I have been buying drugs to kill the serious cough,sneezing and wild noises like frog... they have but instead of reducing,its getting worse. They are 1week now. I dont know what to do again. The drugs im giving them are DOXYGEN and TYLODOX EXTRA. I gave them NEOTREAT before but when I heard the sneezing...I withdrew it. When I got them,i did not vaccinate them with the I.O dey normally do cos the administrator was not around. What should I do please about the sneezing and wild noises like frog so that it wont affect their growth and make them stunted Please helpp!!!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tunezvic(m): 9:59am On Feb 20, 2016
Good morning people.
Please I help and suggestion..
My birds egg size has reduced to the size it was, when they started laying and the birds are 6 month into laying which their production is also dropping.
Please someone should respond to me, am losing customers due to the size of the eggs.. Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 10:15am On Feb 20, 2016
tunezvic:
Good morning people.
Please I help and suggestion..
My birds egg size has reduced to the size it was, when they started laying and the birds are 6 month into laying which their production is also dropping.
Please someone should respond to me, am losing customers due to the size of the eggs.. Thanks.
Check for lice. When last did you vaccinate- Lasota? Any drop in feed intake? Are they on artificial lighting?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 10:20am On Feb 20, 2016
mbuotidemjames:
Helo great farmers...please help.me..its urgent. I got DOC to my farm and since three days ago,I have been buying drugs to kill the serious cough,sneezing and wild noises like frog... they have but instead of reducing,its getting worse. They are 1week now. I dont know what to do again. The drugs im giving them are DOXYGEN and TYLODOX EXTRA. I gave them NEOTREAT before but when I heard the sneezing...I withdrew it. When I got them,i did not vaccinate them with the I.O dey normally do cos the administrator was not around. What should I do please about the sneezing and wild noises like frog so that it wont affect their growth and make them stunted Please helpp!!!
Check for ventilation, Ensure there is free flow of air; Reduce the brooding temp and the curtains. Stop the drugs first. All the best.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mbuotidemjames: 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
twoMcfemad:

Check for ventilation, Ensure there is free flow of air; Reduce the brooding temp and the curtains. Stop the drugs first. All the best.

I have done that now sire...I have opened some windows and curtains for air to pass in freely, what do I give them...vitamins or ordinary water. This is making dem 1week and 1 day and ive admistered the drugs for 5 days now....no improvement.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 5:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
mbuotidemjames:

I have done that now sire...I have opened some windows and curtains for air to pass in freely, what do I give them...vitamins or ordinary water. This is making dem 1week and 1 day and ive admistered the drugs for 5 days now....no improvement.
Which hatchery did u get them from?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
mbuotidemjames:

I will advise vitamins especially ones rich in Amino Acids, still ensure there is cross ventilation, avoid/remove excess heat and ammonia build up. Isolate weak ones and ensure they take water. All tge Best,sir.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tunezvic(m): 6:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
twoMcfemad:

Check for lice. When last did you vaccinate- Lasota? Any drop in feed intake? Are they on artificial lighting?
They are not on artificial lighting and dey don't have lice either. Last lasota was two month ago but I just gave them lasota this morning.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 7:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
tunezvic:
They are not on artificial lighting and dey don't have lice either. Last lasota was two month ago but I just gave them lasota this morning.

Ok then. Expect an increase in the next 4days. Ensure your feed is of good quality and their intake is good. Im still feeling lice/worms have something to do with the size, where your feed is good.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dewigz: 11:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hello House. Does anyone know the price of Hybrid Layers Mash in abuja and environs. It's urgent@ Jamp and anyother person in the north.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mbuotidemjames: 1:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
FarmTech:

Which hatchery did u get them from?

From Amobyn

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.