Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,553 members, 7,847,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:57 PM

EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos (49899 Views)

Navy Arrests 14 Stowaways In Lagos / EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu / 8 Cars Recovered As EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by EmekaA125(m): 11:01pm On Feb 09, 2021
EFCC no go allow these guys drink water keep cup. Lol
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Thomthom(m): 11:03pm On Feb 09, 2021
I only saw 13.. have they bailed the 14th one
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by privaldo: 11:04pm On Feb 09, 2021
Golan007:

Condensed:

Augustine Terungwa, Jeffrey Imariagbe Ehis, Uwajiala Odion Henry.

Anne Davidson, Israel Jigah Sokoamtu, Isaiah Effiong.

Pele, I understand your pain trying to mask the crime committed by your kinsmen under the "Nigerians" tag, and failing at it. On a regular day, the Yorubas call the Edos and some part of Delta their cousins, unless your are a fair-weather cousin. Aside Isaiah Effiong, the rest are Omoluabis and there is nothing that can change the fact.
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Judolisco(m): 11:04pm On Feb 09, 2021
Virus99:
Pls how do they simply identify a "Yahoo Boy" ?

Hope EFCC is not fast becoming like SARS
lol is like asking cia or fbi how they identify fraudsters or criminals

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Jostoman: 11:09pm On Feb 09, 2021
Virus99:
Pls how do they simply identify a "Yahoo Boy" ?

Hope EFCC is not fast becoming like SARS
nobody is save again with this NIN they are collecting now. If you criticize them now on internet now you are in trouble.
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by SamgoldBaba: 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2021
soft101:
We need to see their faces for proper identification.

They are suspects
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 09, 2021
Thats why they hate protest END SARS but now EFCC take over the sars operation. grin be a good person

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by ARAGON22(m): 11:15pm On Feb 09, 2021
Best yahoo boys picture of the year

Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by studentofTruth: 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2021
doxijaw:

This fight is actually meant to protect you.

The online worker whose opportunities have been limited due to fraudsters.

Imagine a world where you can use those services that are blocked in Nigeria.

It's for you bro, you have nothing to gain from being defensive.

Nigerian Yahoos are dumb and loud, easy to catch.

If I worked with law enforcement, I don't need to step outside to spot them, that's how stupid they are.

My point is simple: they should learn how to separate the seeds from the chaff. They can't use a blanket approach to tag anyone working with a laptop a fraudster!

Admittedly, many Nigerian youths are into cybercrime. However, there are intelligent ways to fight cybercrime. They can liaise with Google, Facebook, Twitter, WeChat, and even this Nairaland to monitor our online space. FBI used Instagram and Nairaland to nail Invictus and used Instagram and Snapchat to nail Huspi. Even DSS use Twitter and Nairaland to track PMB's enemies. But our so-called agency for financial crimes is doing blanket arrest in 21st century.

From what I have seen online so far, in my honest opinion, EFCC is NOT fighting cybercrime. Instead, they created a business for themselves and use the media sentiments the topic generates to mask the decay in the agency!

Unfortunately, the media frenzy is causing more damage to the psych of an average Nigerian youth, instead of deterring them from the crime. The average Nigerian youths now thinks that fraud is the only way to make it really big in this country. Just this evening, I argued for a long time with a graduate of computer science to get him to change that mindset.

My point is this: EFCC should do things the right way. Take time and build a case before making any arrest and put the fellow away for a very long time — not this their 6-18months slap on the wrist!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Seyzcham91(m): 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2021
you said it all! nothing can be added or removed again

some idiot mumu herr go just judge saying nonsense like "God catch them, good riddance to bad rubbish"

i go just dey look them say these ones mumu

i will never in anyway fault any yahoo boy caught except for the fact the yahoo plus among them that goes ritual

as long as you never go bloody i dey your back
MrGoood:
No one wish to be a fraudster but how will you explain a situation when you re born inside a wooden container, no resources to school and Government is not making education free? You re thinking of how to liberate yourself , No education no funds, How will you go about it ? I will not stop blaming the Government until Education is totally free and Unemployed is giving allowances to help them see through life. You think someone drinking garri since two weeks now will be scared of EFCC? He will gladly do the crime to be sure he eat a good meal but you know it’s very hard to stop what bring fast money, I knew a banker who tried yahoo to pay his bank debt(400k), [/b]He ran into debt somehow as a bank cashier, Till now he’s still doing it and he built two houses already, Check America society , 80% of people who go into crime re the one that have no access to unemployment benefits, prove me wrong, The one that get help from the government will not even try crime one bit. Remember, It’s not everyone that can drink garri for one month straight like you can, You might be rugged while others re not , The same way we have Ss and AA, It’s nature, We re not all equal, Let EFCC do there job and stop acting like you re saint , Yes you.
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Sorrento: 11:32pm On Feb 09, 2021
Auxtan:
EFCC will have a field day if they should come to my university. Literally 40% and probably more of our students are into yahoo.
Which University are you ?
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by doxijaw: 11:33pm On Feb 09, 2021
studentofTruth:

My point is simple: they should learn how to separate the seeds from the chaff. They can't use a blanket approach to tag anyone working with a laptop a fraudster!

Admittedly, many Nigerian youths are into cybercrime. However, there are intelligent ways to fight cybercrime. They can liaise with Google, Facebook, Twitter, WeChat, and even this Nairaland to monitor our online space. FBI used Instagram and Nairaland to nail Invictus and used Instagram and Snapchat to nail Huspi. Even DSS use Twitter and Nairaland to track PMB's enemy. But our so-called agency for financial crimes is doing blanket arrest in 21st century.

From what I have seen online so far, in my honest opinion, EFCC is NOT fighting cybercrime. Instead, they created a business for themselves and use the media sentiments the topic generates to mask the decay in the agency!

Unfortunately, the media frenzy is causing more damage to the psych of an average Nigerian youths, instead of deterring them from the crime. The average Nigerian youths now thinks that fraud is the only way to make it really big in this country. Just this evening, I argued for a long time with a graduate of computer science to get him to change that mindset.

My point is simple: EFCC should do things the right way. Take time and build a case before making any arrest and put the fellow away for a very long time — not this their 6-18months slap on the wrist!

On point 100 percent.
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Simplythebest: 11:35pm On Feb 09, 2021
So the main reason of creating EFCC now is just only for the yahoo boys. This really serious thats why the can't even win any corruption case again cus they are busy chasing little yahoo boys and leave the main thieves.
What a misplace priority.
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by richeso: 11:39pm On Feb 09, 2021
this is just funny. before you arrest person. arrest them for committi8ng a crime. not alleged. "
in USA they don't just go and raid people. they arrest you for a perticular crime commitment and they tell you the crime you commitment. not just arrest people because you see them use laptop and they are living large. mmcheww!
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Tomilola360: 11:45pm On Feb 09, 2021
hausa ppl no dey do yahoo grin
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by iammolise(m): 11:57pm On Feb 09, 2021
They look like they're about to go up against a squad in kirikiri with the prematch photo shoot grin
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by iammolise(m): 12:00am On Feb 10, 2021
Tomilola360:
hausa ppl no dey do yahoo grin
Watchin kwansign aboki wiph laftoff grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Impregnablefolk: 12:02am On Feb 10, 2021
Where is d 14th person? May be, my eyes r playing tricks on me.
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 12:04am On Feb 10, 2021
Why do they always fail to reveal their faces?
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Cherez: 12:09am On Feb 10, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Efcc should calm down joor
So they should calm down now, abi?
Cos they're not Igbos
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Cherez: 12:11am On Feb 10, 2021
SatantheDestroy:
yahoo boys wey no now him right na him olokpa dey open offic for him head.
see u brainless yahoo boys. the bitch you scammed is the only one that can take you to court. get a good lawyr and nothing fir do you. except of the bitch came to effect your arest herself
Keep supporting evil
Yet you'll shout they're destroying Lagos; so who is now?
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Lightorder: 12:15am On Feb 10, 2021
GeneralPula:
My question is what exactly does Efcc do with the money they’re extracting from these guys?

you are very wise but one Olodo above you said, “Good riddance to bad rubbish..nice one EfCc”
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Lightorder: 12:18am On Feb 10, 2021
MrGoood:
No one wish to be a fraudster but how will you explain a situation when you re born inside a wooden container, no resources to school and Government is not making education free? You re thinking of how to liberate yourself , No education no funds, How will you go about it ? I will not stop blaming the Government until Education is totally free and Unemployed is giving allowances to help them see through life. You think someone drinking garri since two weeks now will be scared of EFCC? He will gladly do the crime to be sure he eat a good meal but you know it’s very hard to stop what bring fast money, I knew a banker who tried yahoo to pay his bank debt(400k), [/b]He ran into debt somehow as a bank cashier, Till now he’s still doing it and he built two houses already, Check America society , 80% of people who go into crime re the one that have no access to unemployment benefits, prove me wrong, The one that get help from the government will not even try crime one bit. Remember, It’s not everyone that can drink garri for one month straight like you can, You might be rugged while others re not , The same way we have Ss and AA, It’s nature, We re not all equal, Let EFCC do there job and stop acting like you re saint , Yes you.
I said that but they called me an apologist
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by JackStephans(m): 12:27am On Feb 10, 2021
By the way, where is the 14th yahoo boy? Or is he the photographer? undecided
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 10, 2021
Arrests without complainants and plaintiff
END EFCSHIT
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by calcal: 1:47am On Feb 10, 2021
Life goes on, Boys bend them but don't bend them too much! the whole world is a fraud, keep moving!
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by SouthWestBlood(m): 2:16am On Feb 10, 2021
Kaysix:
Not dat am in support of yahoo boys but d question is after they arrest dem, what nxt?
Collect money and release dem!!
And y can’t EFCC go for all dis corrupt politicians?

No b yahoo boys d Wetin we suppose face now oo
Herdsmen, bandit and many more
Make we leave yahoo boys abeg

EFCC makes a lot from these guys so they won't stop anytime soon.
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by pacespot(m): 3:02am On Feb 10, 2021
Anything that has the youth hands in it tends to arouse the curiousity of this government, crypto, dreds, Yahoo, etc. But most of these EFCC guys are also youths o
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Onliie(m): 3:23am On Feb 10, 2021
Cousin9999:
Have they arrested the oyinbos robbing Nigeria every day?

yahoo boy nonsense logic.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Cousin9999: 4:24am On Feb 10, 2021
Onliie:
yahoo boy nonsense logic.

I'm not nor do I condone it. I just don't think we should celebrate busting petty criminals as foreigners and politicians are looting the country.

No disrespect to any local victims of yahoo. You deserve protection and justice.
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by TemmyT002(m): 5:32am On Feb 10, 2021
GeneralPula:
My question is what exactly does Efcc do with the money they’re extracting from these guys?

They spend part of it and use the other part to catch other Yahoo Boys
Re: EFCC Arrests 14 For Internet Fraud In Lagos by Yeyenairaland(m): 5:48am On Feb 10, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Caught Stealing In A Malaysian Mall (Photos) / Photos Of The Policeman That Slapped & Beat Viktoh To Pulp In Lagos / Man 'Runs Mad' After Sex With Prostitute At Brothel In Surulere, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.