Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts (2257 Views)

Rivers Rerun: elections suspended in 6 LGAs / Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch / Niger Delta Govs Blew N7.3tr In 13 Years Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 07, 2011
Faced with Herculean task of printing more ballot papers for the rescheduled Saturday’s National Assembly Election, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has turned to local contractors to deliver 19 million fresh ballot papers before Saturday. The ballot papers are to replace those already used in many states during the aborted April 2 election.

However, the situation reports from the states on the readiness of the Commission has shown that it could not meet up with the logistic challenges in some areas in some states, especially where the election was held last Saturday before the sudden cancellation.

A decision extracted from the meeting of the Commission’s leadership involving the National Commissioners indicated barring any last minute change of mind, the INEC has ruled out elections on Saturday in 13 Senatorial districts and 45 Federal Constituencies.

The Senatorial districts and Federal Constituencies, it was gathered spread across, Kwara, Oyo and Osun states.
The initial proposal, sources revealed was that some states to be exempted from the polls due to logistics challenges which apart from ballot papers also included transportation. Such states had included Lagos and four other states in the North but the meeting decided later to instruct the Resident Electoral Commissions across the country to make use of commercial vehicles to fill the gap created by the absence of official vehicles to ferry officials and materials for the elections.
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=14213

I no longer have faith in Jega or Inec. What happened to the Billions of Naira We gave you?
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by ektbear: 8:11am On Apr 07, 2011
embarrassing
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by oderemo(m): 8:15am On Apr 07, 2011
to say that this guy got close to N60 bill. for this mess.
only in mudaph.king nija.
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by chosen04(f): 8:22am On Apr 07, 2011
. . . . .But why are We so useless?
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by ektbear: 8:30am On Apr 07, 2011
chosen04:

. . . . .But why are We so useless?

Wish I knew the answer to that question undecided

I've not heard of a country in this day and age struggling to do a simple election. Where else does this sort of thing happen?
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by chosen04(f): 8:51am On Apr 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

Wish I knew the answer to that question undecided

I've not heard of a country in this day and age struggling to do a simple election. Where else does this sort of thing happen?

You no tire for this country?
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by LoveKing(m): 9:04am On Apr 07, 2011
This is a shame! utter shame! But why are Nigerians never ready? Why are we never prepared? see the amount of money this buffon has taken from our treasury he has the guts to still suspend elections in some quarters. Now from i think this has open an avenue for new rigging strategies for PDP and OYO of all states. Na wao!
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by OmoTier1(m): 9:27am On Apr 07, 2011
This is what you get when you have an incompetent government at the helm of affairs! The shoddy arrangement by INEC would have been avoided if the bereft PDP government had passed the electoral act 2years ago or even 10months ago! Rather they played selfish and despotic politics with the lives of millions of Nigerians.

I feel sorry that some people are even contemplating voting PDP in this election!
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by mogentle(m): 10:17am On Apr 07, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

I feel sorry that some people are even contemplating voting PDP in this election!

Leave them, they will soon regret their action.
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by otokx(m): 10:34am On Apr 07, 2011
I can't believe this
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by LoveKing(m): 1:03pm On Apr 07, 2011
otokx:

I can't believe this

You should know its normal, dissapointments and foulplay, thats PDP's moto
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by HOLU77: 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2011
I dont know what these people at the helm of affairs are taking us for. Look at the man that has been souting all this while that INEC is ready to conduct credible election is now turning back. Upon billions of naira been collected he still complaining about logistics which type of logistics let's ask him (JEGA) is he going to heaven to print ballot paper?
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by HamidO1(m): 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2011
Nothing has worked and nothing will ever work under PDP. Only a fool will vote PDP.
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by yemmight(m): 4:02pm On Apr 07, 2011
I feel very sorry for Jega. I still believe the guy meants well.
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by HamidO1(m): 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2011
^^^ Me too. I still haven't written him off though.
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 08, 2011
Any update on this suspension?
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by Tunsbobo(m): 8:37am On Apr 08, 2011
T.B Joshua Said the elections would be postponed three times, and now its like his prophecy has come to pass! Smh
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by Olami099(m): 8:51am On Apr 08, 2011
Does any one knws d names of dos areas affected?!
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 08, 2011
Olami099:

Does any one knws d names of dos areas affected?!

The Senatorial districts and Federal Constituencies, it was gathered spread across, Kwara, Oyo and Osun states

But anyone with an update on the main areas in those states?
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by Connoisseur(m): 9:56am On Apr 08, 2011
I still believe in Jega
i'd rather we have a rough ride and smooth ride than vice- versa.
If this is the price for emancipation, then so be it
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by botson(m): 11:50am On Apr 08, 2011
Jaga jaga (jega) is a fool n a criminal n INEC is full of useless people, dey give him every thing he ever ask 4, so wht da Bleep is the problem with him now, i m sure PDP r behind all this, dey planing to RIGG dis election.
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by 1025: 12:12pm On Apr 08, 2011
both pdp and jega will end up with shame. jonathan appointed the best man for that position according to his uninformed information set-ups and today, what we are seeing are signs of incompetency and as such, the latest billionaire arround(Prof. dr. eng. chief. bar. rev. bishop. imam attahiru jega. mot, fss, rip, hiv, gop, oed, hod, mms, irs, efcc,pdp, rig, dstv, ait) shld in the spirit of sportsmanship, throw in the towel and let the streets of this country take the next step.
nigeria needs change and pdp, jonathan and a million jegas cannot afford this much needed and deserved change hence the egypt, libyan, tunisian, algerian etc new model change method is eminent.

CHAI, WE NO GO GREE OOOH! WE NO GO GREE.

PDP! WE GO GREE
JEGA !! WE NO GREE
JONATHAN!!! CHAI, WE NO GO GREE

WE NEED CHANGE! WE NEED CHANGE!! WE NEED CHANGE!!!

Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by xreal: 12:59pm On Apr 08, 2011
I said/posted this on a thread yesterday, and I will repeat it here. . . 'election will be shifted forward again'.
It's a pity though.
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by NAJALYN: 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2011
We pray to God to see us successfully through with the elections without any more hitches. Every diabolical plan to derail the elections will continue to fail, in Jesus' Name. All who are out to creat problems for Nigeria will continue to fail, & will continue to reap the evil they are sowing unless they change, in Jesus' Name, Amen.
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by Fhemmmy: 2:36pm On Apr 08, 2011
Do anyone has the list of the affected areas . . . . .Just kinda wonders if they areas that the PDP are losing, so need more time make something happen?

Just a thought, i am not saying it is what is happening
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by ceah(m): 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2011
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by sirabbey(m): 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2011
whether Credible or "Incredible" elections, Jega as a matter of national security should be audited. so much treasury bills had been committed into this election for such a shameful flop we seem to be experiencing.
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by ideylaff: 6:55pm On Apr 08, 2011
The Senatorial districts and Federal Constituencies, it was gathered spread across, Kwara, Oyo and Osun states

But anyone with an update on the main areas in those states?

Hmmmmm 9ija 9ija,

Kwara - where Bukola Saraki wants to disgrace his father and benefactor at all costs, he needs a PDP house to hold out
Oyos - Where Akala wants to die to be the 1st Oyo State governor to do back to back terms he needs a PDP house
Osun State - Where they are desperate to win back, they need a PDP house to give Aregbesola a tough time

When they finish stuffing the boxes they will let us do the election, embarassedhmmm

na lie ds time around oooo, u must show us the empty ballot box b4 we start to vote and we are going to close the polls together
and count together. Today na Today,

All these tricks are becoming to obvious that the government are scared of the outcome of this election,
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by obongtunji: 7:21pm On Apr 08, 2011
D election wont hold dose areas because d ballot paper given 2 dem hav been used &dey need b reprintd,it has notin 2 do wit d money given 2 him.Some nairalanda dont meditate wat dey are readin b4 postin replies.Am nt suprise jega kant satisfy 10s of million of diversified eligible votas. Prof am fully bhind u.
Re: Elections Suspended In 13 Senatorial Districts by daroz(m): 8:02pm On Apr 08, 2011
obongtunji:

D election wont hold dose areas because d ballot paper given 2 dem hav been used &dey need b reprintd,it has notin 2 do wit d money given 2 him.Some nairalanda dont meditate wat dey are readin b4 postin replies.Am nt suprise jega kant satisfy 10s of million of diversified eligible votas. Prof am fully bhind u.

why have they not t done the reprinting since? All that one na stupid excuss for INEC

(1) (Reply)

Phcn Collected N3,500 Fixed Charge Before I Could Recharge My Phcn Prepaid Meter / Confirmed - Governor Chime Is Dying. UPDATE!!! / Some Nigerian Leaders Are Calling Nigeria Fraudulent: The Nigerian Truth!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.