Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters (1545 Views)

Muslim-muslim Ticket: APC Keeps Mum Over Saraki’s Claims / Underage Voters In Bayelsa Election (pics) / Anxiety Mounts As Buhari Keeps Tinubu, Atiku In The Dark Over New Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 10:21am On Apr 07, 2011
Cases of under age registration and underage voting have been recorded in the northern states where Buhari has cult followership. I have been expecting the honourable man to condemn the act since he is going to ride the country of corruption but Buhari chose to be Wenger and Fergie who fails to see a wrong penalty incidence when it favours them. He has turned a blind eye because it will favour him. If it was in a PDP controlled states, Buhari will be the first to shout rigging a word which has formed his campaign mantra.

I was thinking that his anti-corruption fight should be all inclusive. I just remembered he showed the same bias during his term as dictator. Recently, he chose to exonerate Abacha who stole more than anybody in the history of Nigeria while busy condemning PDP for corruption.

His party is made up of PDP members who embezzled sate funds. >80% of the stalwarts were officials of the PDP. How can a holy man be associated with brigands especially people from the PDP, the keg of corruption.

He is now a beneficiary of their loots and is complicit of their crime. How can he condemn them anyway.

Buhari is a partial judge who only sees a criminal if he does not like his face. He has not changed from his dictator years. Anyway how much can a 41 year old change of his character?
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Bawss1(m): 10:42am On Apr 07, 2011
^^You have raised valid points. For a party that prides itself that its main strength is fighting corruption I find its silence on this issue (i.e. underage voters in the north) disturbing. Is team BB saying that they are not aware of this occurrence? Here is a chance for them to prove that they are sincere about what they stand for; distance themselves from this allegation of underage voters.

We all say we want free and fair elections, but from indications I see both the incumbent and the opposition have other intentions.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2011
It is actually very disheartening that the acclaimed corruption czar has seen nothing wrong in underage voting because it favours him.

Even the BB followers here have not commented because it does not matter as long as it helps their messiah win.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by blinx4real(m): 11:10am On Apr 07, 2011
Half Educated GEJ supporters at it again o!
Is Buhari INEC? or is he the Police? If you have evidence of such acts, kindly direct them to the relevant authorities and demand that they be prosecuted. Stop throwing your ignorance around like an oversized agbada.
The incompetence and Corrupt ineptitude of the PDP govt has brought us to this point where state apparatus have been converted to the personal properties of politicians and the agencies no lnger perform their duties as stated, We shall flush you all out when we are finally sworn in on May 29.

[size=25pt]BB2011[/size]
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 07, 2011
agabaI23:

Cases of under age registration and underage voting have been recorded in the northern states where Buhari has cult followership. I have been expecting the honourable man to condemn the act since he is going to ride the country of corruption but Buhari chose to be Wenger and Fergie who fails to see a wrong penalty incidence when it favours them. He has turned a blind eye because it will favour him. If it was in a PDP controlled states, Buhari will be the first to shout rigging a word which has formed his campaign mantra.

I was thinking that his anti-corruption fight should be all inclusive. I just remembered he showed the same bias during his term as dictator. Recently, he chose to exonerate Abacha who stole more than anybody in the history of Nigeria while busy condemning PDP for corruption.

His party is made up of PDP members who embezzled sate funds. >80% of the stalwarts were officials of the PDP. How can a holy man be associated with brigands especially people from the PDP, the keg of corruption.

He is now a beneficiary of their loots and is complicit of their crime. How can he condemn them anyway.

Buhari is a partial judge who only sees a criminal if he does not like his face. He has not changed from his dictator years. Anyway how much can a 41 year old change of his character?

the usuual incoherent lies we have come to expect of the pdp scum on nl
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Pataki: 11:20am On Apr 07, 2011
agabaI23:

It is actually very disheartening that the acclaimed corruption czar has seen nothing wrong in underage voting because it favours him.

Even the BB followers here have not commented because it does not matter as long as it helps their messiah win.
How old are you? Anytime I read your post, it smacks of a little boy glorifying himself for having a fish brain.

Do you have a case against Buhari? Take it to the police, the SSS is also there. Or best still, report it to the nearest INEC office to you.

You expect every BB follower to come and start defending every baseless, utterly useless and silly opinions from you people? There are far more burning issues to deal with in Nigeria than responding to time wasters.

Buhari is a dictator, Buhari is this, Buhari is that. . . . . . yet, when occasion demands to present proof, y'all refer us to do a google search.

If you have nothing new to present, please keep mute. There is nothing you are going to say, that we have not heard and it has not been dwelt with extensively on this forum.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by apoti(m): 11:25am On Apr 07, 2011
I love Pataki (o mo esi oro) cheesy
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by ektbear: 11:28am On Apr 07, 2011
Doesn't this reflect more poorly on GEJ? After all, he is the one who has some measure of control. . . yet he is not acting.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 11:28am On Apr 07, 2011
oyb:

the usuual incoherent lies we have come to expect of the pdp scum on nl
If the highlighted are lies, what about the part you left out. That is actually the subject of the thread. Can you comment on that please?

BTW I would like you to disprove anything I have written my friend.
I know everything I have said is true in as much as it is painful to you
blinx4real:

Half Educated GEJ supporters at it again o!
Is Buhari INEC? or is he the Police? If you have evidence of such acts, kindly direct them to the relevant authorities and demand that they be prosecuted. Stop throwing your ignorance around like an oversized agbada.
The incompetence and Corrupt ineptitude of the PDP govt has brought us to this point where state apparatus have been converted to the personal properties of politicians and the agencies no lnger perform their duties as stated,  We shall flush you all out when we are finally sworn in on May 29.

[size=25pt]BB2011[/size]
@Mr. Intelligence
He is not INEC, does that stop him from speaking against underage voting.
If these were to have happened in Enugu  and Ebonyi states, would he  have kept quiet?
He is going around accusing PDP of planning to rig. The least I expected of him is to have denounced such activity. But has he? No because it will favour him. That is not a trait of an impartial umpire.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 11:30am On Apr 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

Doesn't this reflect more poorly on GEJ? After all, he is the one who has some measure of control. . . yet he is not acting.

What do you want GEJ to do?
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by ektbear: 11:31am On Apr 07, 2011
agabaI23:

What do you want GEJ to do?

Enforce the laws against underrage voting? Or is asking him to enforce the laws too much to ask for again? undecided
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by proudly9ja(m): 11:34am On Apr 07, 2011
Is Buari INEC?

If there is any alegation of underage voters, shouldn't the JEGAs (INEC chairman and Mr President) be responsible?

I don't know why we even bother to respond to these secondary school students. Don't you have WAEC to prepare for?
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Demdem(m): 11:37am On Apr 07, 2011
because he is yet to speak against it does not mean he isnt against it and definately he is against it. However, what has GEJ whose watch these underaged voters registered said so far about it? Nothing. so what is the basis of this thread?
It further proves the incompetency of this goverment that promised us through INEC a very good and dependable voters registers. GEJ simply cant get anything right. thats a fact.
The OP is basically telling us that GMB organised and lined up minors to be registered in the northern states under GEJ supervision and got away with it. Wat a folly.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Pataki: 11:41am On Apr 07, 2011
apoti:

I love Pataki (o mo esi oro) cheesy
My brother, I just tire honestly. To even imagine the OP is another dude acclaimed to be studying for a PhD. . . . leaves me totally gobsmacked!

Imagine him asking: ''What do you want GEJ to do?'' shocked shocked I better not even talk.

proudly9ja:

I don't know why we even bother to respond to these secondary school students. Don't you have WAEC to prepare for?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 11:42am On Apr 07, 2011
Pataki:

How old are you? Anytime I read your post, it smacks of a little boy glorifying himself for having a fish brain
I don't even know you have been reading my posts. Thanks. BTW this comment of yours has nothing to do with the thread, it is mere denigration of the poster
Pataki:

Do you have a case against Buhari? Take it to the police, the SSS is also there. Or best still, report it to the nearest INEC office to you.
No I have problem with his character
Pataki:

You expect every BB follower to come and start defending every baseless, utterly useless and silly opinions from you people? There are far more burning issues to deal with in Nigeria than responding to time wasters.

Denigration again.
Pataki:

Buhari is a dictator, Buhari is this, Buhari is that. . . . . . yet, when occasion demands to present proof, y'all refer us to do a google search.

Is he is not a dictator? So Google searching is now corruption? What is wrong in doing a Google search to present a proof?
Pataki:

If you have nothing new to present, please keep mute. There is nothing you are going to say, that we have not heard and it has not been dwelt with extensively on this forum.
No I will not.  At least we still have freedom of expression until Buhari wins.

Summary : You just decided to attack the 'small boy with fish brain' without saying anything on the issue. Job done. Well done pataki.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Dave6: 11:47am On Apr 07, 2011
Quote from Ekt bear
Enforce the laws against underrage voting? Or is asking him  to enforce the laws too much to ask for again? 

grin I dey pity this GEJ! From the reports, policemen were present alongside inec officials while underage voters were voting. I wonder which enforcement of law remain again. Abi Jonah go carry baton they go all the polling units to 'enforce law'?

After the cancellation of last week's elections Buhari was quick to accuse the PDP of being behind it all (whereas, as you rightly pointed out, inec was there for him to querry).  With all sincerity, I expected him to address the issue of underage voters, most especially as it concerned states that he expected to have the highest votes.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 11:51am On Apr 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

Enforce the laws against underrage voting? Or is asking him to enforce the laws too much to ask for again?  undecided

Thank you for that answer. At this point I will refer you to blinx4real's post.
Now what I am asking for from Buhari is to condemn what has been linked to his home town.
I did not ask him to arrest anybody. Read my post again.
You want GEJ enforce the law against underage voting when an Independent NEC is there, in his opponents home state? You all will be up in arms. he is has disfranchised voters in his home state. he has empowered INEC and the police to work.

Again I just asked that he opens his mouth to condemn it.

Topic says:  Buhari[b] Keeps mum[/b] On Underage Voters
I did not say Buhari has done nothing . . . .
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by ifyalways(f): 11:53am On Apr 07, 2011
Is Buhari the Only Presidential candidate?Have others done or said anything on this issue?

Whats the duty of Inec?Who registered those so-called under-aged voters?

I don't get the Buhari connection here  undecided
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 11:55am On Apr 07, 2011
Pataki:

My brother, I just tire honestly. To even imagine the OP is another dude acclaimed to be studying for a PhD. . . . leaves me totally gobsmacked!

Imagine him asking: ''What do you want GEJ to do?'' shocked shocked I better not even talk.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Unconfirmed speculation and rumour. Anyway thank you for raising me that high. I will study for my PhD when I grow up and my fish brain matures wink
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by ifyalways(f): 11:59am On Apr 07, 2011
agabaI23:

Now what I am asking for from Buhari is to condemn what has been linked to his home town.
You want GEJ enforce the law against underage voting when an Independent NEC is there, in his opponents home state? You all will be up in arms. he is has disfranchised voters in his home state. he has empowered INEC and the police to work.

Topic says:  Buhari[b] Keeps mum On Underage Voters[/b]

How sure are u abt that?You been following his campaign train?

Besides,why shld he bother his head over the inefficiencies in our system?Is that part of his responsibilities as an aspirant?

I want to assume that GEJ or anyone else has openly condemned it but what has he done Its one thing to make noise,its another to act.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Pataki: 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2011
I really do not want to tow this path with you, but you are forcing me to do it. Been a while I engaged in this pedantic attitude of responding to posts on this forum. So here goes:

agabaI23:

I don't even know you have been reading my posts. Thanks. BTW this comment of yours has nothing to do with the thread, it is mere denigration of the poster
This is a forum, and unfortunately, one comes across the crass inane posts at times and equally brilliant and intelligent posts. Yours unfortunately does not smack of one bit of intelligence nor proper research to read and be informed. No need to thank me, take the pain of reading and get informed before airing your opinion.

No sir, I am not denigrating you. I am simply telling you, how your posts comes across to me. It is my opinion. I would have denigrated your person if I said you were a boy with a fish brain. Please read and be informed against next time sir.

agabaI23:
No I have problem with his character

What is wrong with his character? Does it offend your right to breathe? Does it take away your means of livelihood? Does his character precludes your right as a Nigerian? Does his character short-change or mistake your person in the international community? Does his character bring a bad omen to Nigeria?

agabaI23:
Denigration again.
How was the quote or my statement a denigration again? Am I the only one who alludes to the fact that your opinion/thread is utterly useless and baseless?

agabaI23:
Is he is not a dictator? So Google searching is now corruption? What is wrong in doing a Google search to present a proof?
Buhari was a dictator. He himself said so, and he equally said he is a changed man. Did you miss that from him?

agabaI23:
No I will not.  At least we still have freedom of expression until Buhari wins.

Summary : You just decided to attack the 'small boy with fish brain' without saying anything on the issue. Job done. Well done pataki.

Unfortunately, if your topic solicits one iota of intelligent contribution or debate, I will engage you. But I do not dither on baseless accusations, useless allegations, and pro-GEJ noisemakers who act oblivious to the whimps and caprices of a clueless President in power, and would rather prefer to throw profanities and lies around.

Sorry my bad, but I respect and cherish my intelligence a lot.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2011
ifyalways:

Is Buhari the Only Presidential candidate?Have others done or said anything on this issue?

Whats the duty of Inec?Who registered those so-called under-aged voters?

I don't get the Buhari connection here  undecided
Aww! I will happily explain.

First he is not the only presidential candidate but he is the one touted as above board in corruption.
He has been shouting on PDP about rigging
The incidence was in his home state where he has cult follwership.
The inch-perfect honest and straightforwad candidate  should not condone an undue advantage.
If that happened in a pro-PDP state, what would he have said?
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by ifyalways(f): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2011
^^So what?
What should he do?Leave his campaign and take up Jega's  job ?busybody right?
How are we even sure that the so-called under-aged are all voting for him?

You did not provide an answer and I'd ask again:what do u want Buhari to do now?Seize the voters card/rights of folks that were duly registered and certified fit to vote under the watchful eyes of your CIC GEJ  or 

Take your concerns to the right quarters,biko.

You are high on goodluck biscuit .
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2011
Pataki:

I really do not want to tow this path with you, but you are forcing me to do it. Been a while I engaged in this pedantic attitude of responding to posts on this forum. So here goes:
This is a forum, and unfortunately, one comes across the crass inane posts at times and equally brilliant and intelligent posts. Yours unfortunately does not smack of one bit of intelligence nor proper research to read and be informed. No need to thank me, take the pain of reading and get informed before airing your opinion.

I do apologise if my post comes across as unintelligent to you. A good thing would have been to ignore the unintelligent post as an intelligent man instead of coming in and attacking poster without addressing the issue raised.
This exactly what Buhari is doing in all his campaigns. Attack the PDP, and say nothing about the issues.
Pataki:

What is wrong with his character? A. Does it offend your right to breathe? B. Does it take away your means of livelihood? C. Does his character precludes your right as a Nigerian? D. Does his character short-change or mistake your person in the international community E. Does his character bring a bad omen to Nigeria?

The answer is D sir
How was the quote or my statement a denigration again? Am I the only one who alludes to the fact that your opinion/thread is utterly useless and baseless?
Buhari was a dictator. He himself said so, and he equally said he is a changed man. Did you miss that from him?
He has changed yes that is why he is forcing candidates on states. that is why he has refused to be part of a party where there will presidential primaries. . .

Pataki:

Unfortunately, if your topic solicits one iota of intelligent contribution or debate, I will engage you. But I do not dither on baseless accusations, useless allegations, and pro-GEJ noisemakers who act oblivious to the whimps and caprices of a clueless President in power, and would rather prefer to throw profanities and lies around.
Sorry my bad, but I respect and cherish my intelligence a lot.

Make sure you keep to your promise of no engaging me. Goodbye mr. Intelligence but wait, you have said nothing about Buhari not condemning underage voting in his hometown.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2011
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2011
ifyalways:

^^So what?
What should he do?Leave his campaign and take up Jega's  job ?busybody right?
How are we even sure that the so-called under-aged are all voting for him?

You did not provide an answer and I'd ask again:what do u want Buhari to do now?Seize the voters card/rights of folks that were duly registered and certified fit to vote under the watchful eyes of your CIC GEJ  or 

Take your concerns to the right quarters,biko.

You are high on goodluck biscuit .
See the reply below and it will give you my opinion.

agabaI23:

Topic says:  Buhari[b] Keeps mum[/b] On Underage Voters

Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Demdem(m): 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2011
agabaI23:

Aww! I will happily explain.

First he is not the only presidential candidate but he is the one touted as above board in corruption.
He has been shouting on PDP about rigging
The incidence was in his home state where he has cult follwership.
The inch-perfect honest and straightforwad candidate  should not condone an undue advantage.
If that happened in a pro-PDP state, what would he have said?

Agba, some questions for u?
Who is the governor of Buhari's home state?
Which party is in full control of goverment machineries in that state. (or av they decamped and i dont know about it)

dont you think since underage voters has always been an issue even right from Iwu's register, it is fair to say that the current goverment there are really the ones invlove in such? Anyway, all we need is concrete evidence linking these vices to Buhari. in the absence of this i srongly advise you to refrain from baseless accusations.

Demdem:

because he is yet to speak against it does not mean he isnt against it and definately he is against it. However, what has GEJ whose watch these underaged voters registered said so far about it? Nothing. so what is the basis of this thread?
It further proves the incompetency of this goverment that promised us through INEC a very good and dependable voters registers. GEJ simply cant get anything right. thats a fact.
The OP is basically telling us that GMB organised and lined up minors to be registered in the northern states under GEJ supervision and got away with it. Wat a folly.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Bawss1(m): 12:38pm On Apr 07, 2011
Dav.e:

Quote from Ekt bear
grin I dey pity this GEJ! From the reports, policemen were present alongside inec officials while underage voters were voting. I wonder which enforcement of law remain again. Abi Jonah go carry baton they go all the polling units to 'enforce law'?

After the cancellation of last week's elections Buhari was quick to accuse the PDP of being behind it all (whereas, as you rightly pointed out, inec was there for him to querry).  With all sincerity, I expected him to address the issue of underage voters, most especially as it concerned states that he expected to have the highest votes.

My thoughts exactly. The allegation of underage voters appears to have sprung up only in areas where team BB are expected to have the highest votes. If they are serious about their anti corruption war they should not delay in distancing themselves from all this. Buhari's silence here is sending out the wrong message to the Nigerian public. Let him not make the same mistakes that GEJ is known to have made; failing to take a firm stand over an issue when his interest is at stake.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by agabaI23(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2011
Demdem:

Agba, some questions for u?
Who is the governor of Buhari's home state?
Which party is in full control of goverment machineries in that state. (or av they decamped and i dont know about it)

dont you think since underage voters has always been an issue even right from Iwu's register, it is fair to say that the current goverment there are really the ones invlove in such? Anyway, all we need is concrete evidence linking these vices to Buhari. in the absence of this i srongly advise you to refrain from baseless accusations.

The state has a PDP governor, who they may probably return but will never vote for GEJ.
Have you read Lawal Kaita's interview? Have you forgotten so easily the reason why Buhari is rocking the north? It is because of the zoning problem in PDP. Katsina state in particular has great grudge against  GEJ and pro-Buhari from head to toe. You think the almajris will be voting for GEJ? Think again!

When it comes to politics, it is religion in the North when a northern interest is involved. You think if Sherma was to be behind the act, Buhari would have kept quiet? Thoink again.
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Beaf: 1:21pm On Apr 07, 2011
Why is Buhari so loud on CPC's logo being absent in some states (even though it it known to toddlers that INEC's problems were of a logistical nature)?

Why is the same Buhari so quiet that toddlers are voting in his state, maybe even in the ward where he would have voted? shocked

I expect his supporters here to attempt putting up a a civilised defense, instead of denigrating the OP. But is they choose to, its their call, most NLers only pass through to read, but they see the bullying tactics from the same set of people ALL the time, even worse, they see how the bullies doggedly avoid the topic at hand and insult others instead.

Passers by see how when you stick to your guns and refuse to budge, the likes of Pataki begin to defend their "intelligence." Can you simply leave your so called "intelligence" aside? It isn't the damn topic.

The question is not going anywhere, no matter the amount of dodging and stone throwing. It is simply, [size=14pt]why is the loud Buhari so quiet about child voters in his state? Is that not rigging? Is it not serious?[/size]
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 07, 2011
why is goodluck also silent on them?

or the still incorruptible jega?

is it because team gej he is planning to use underaged voters to steal the election with his free housing for almajiris promises
Re: Buhari Keeps mum On Underage Voters by Fhemmmy: 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2011
If we cant win, we will make sure you dont win - This has to stop in Nigerian politics

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Achievement Tracker - 2011 - To 2015 / Ekt Bear: Post Pictures how fashola spend $10 Billion(1.6 Trillion) in 4 years / Boko Haram's 9 Point Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.