Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,427 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland (32956 Views)

Bodo/Glimt 6-1 Roma: Mourinho's Side Thrashed By Norwegian Minnows, FK Bodo / Emmanuel Adebayor Joins Turkish Minnows Kayserispor On A One-year Deal (photos) / See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by JackWolfskin: 10:30am On Feb 12, 2021
The branding at ojuelebga would have taken less than 100k but now they have to pay 1.1m.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 12, 2021
Omo
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by ihatebuhari(f): 10:32am On Feb 12, 2021
Lol
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by jimi4us: 10:32am On Feb 12, 2021
Rochas was the one that bastardized Heartland
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Koralords: 10:33am On Feb 12, 2021
Despite this our league is improving,don’t know why they can’t settle there riffs with dstv, usually watch it when it was been showed in dstv,the league has improved a lot
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by majamajic(m): 10:34am On Feb 12, 2021
I have one of the players as friend

It's terrible
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Meskalito1(m): 10:34am On Feb 12, 2021
I weep for my dear Heartland fc embarassed
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by extol1(m): 10:34am On Feb 12, 2021
their problem, kogi united and confluence queen babe are facing bigger than them.
Nigeria government running football club is not a welcome idea and there is no going to be improvement so far it is run by the government
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Olawalelead(m): 10:34am On Feb 12, 2021
Eyi gaju...
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Cocolatti(m): 10:35am On Feb 12, 2021
Government should not be actively engaged in running sports clubs
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 12, 2021
Comfort is a great SIN that should be classified as the 8th Deadly SIN.

Life is a journey and a struggle that ends ultimately in Death. how well you die is a factor of how well you have prepared. A lot never realise that they are in the 1st quarter or half-quarter of Life's journey - they relax and become comfortable - the distance between Poverty/Death gradually lessens without them knowing. by the time they see poverty over their shoulder, it is too late and they can see death smiling from behind poverty.

That is life for you - always keep up the fight to succeed even after you have become a success - never stop fighting just as you never stop breathing

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by dayleke: 10:39am On Feb 12, 2021
Omihanifa

Which section of x-videos this one day o?

I don look for d story so tey.... grin
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 12, 2021
Basic problem is that football cllubs are not profitably managed in Nigeria

Average ticket prices for Enyimba internaitonal's stadum at Aba on match day are below N3000 . Am sure that Heartland 's machday fees are just as low.

The way forward, is simple...charge higher gates, and run the club profitably. State governors can't run clubs.
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Is04970: 10:43am On Feb 12, 2021
marvin906:
The npfl needs serious structuring..
First state government should stop funding clubs..
Clubs should create their own revenue and spend accordingly to what they earn..
Npfl clubs are spending recklessly...
The league should be privately owned the NFf is useless
No sponsorship in Naija.
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by MrGerald(m): 10:44am On Feb 12, 2021
The worst thing that happened to the club is allowing government to take over the affairs and running of the club.
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by emmnprince(m): 10:47am On Feb 12, 2021
oluwaseunamos33:
HMMMMM. all is well

My brother all is not well o! Let's say it as it is!

1 Like

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by tellwisdom: 10:51am On Feb 12, 2021
Chai..These ones Na club? I go rather play free abroad than play in these yeye clubs
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Koralords: 10:51am On Feb 12, 2021
Cocolatti:
Government should not be actively engaged in running sports clubs
if they don’t who will ? I don’t see a reason why dangote can’t take over kano pillars or found a team,and also multinational companies too should own teams that’s what we had in the 80s and 90s JIB rocks etc
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by younglleo: 10:54am On Feb 12, 2021
The league should be privatized.
Same with clubs!
Clubs should also find other revenues of income!
Mehn, alot of football talent in nigeria but bad management!
Npfl nd nff!
With state owned teams!
Backward ever
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by emmnprince(m): 10:58am On Feb 12, 2021
However, our correspondent learnt that power play, political bickering, intrigues and scramble for juicy positions in the club by politicians have wreaked havoc on the five-time Nigerian champions, which has largely affected the welfare of their players and officials.

See as I take my time, settle down, read this long "epistolary" article and I was not disappointed because of the above quote.

Must we politicize every single damn thing in this country! Indeed there was never a country in a country!

Almost anything wey politicians put hand inside dey go from bad to worse! History no lie! Even when the thing good, Dem must wreck it! I think they do feel successful when they bring, a once thriving thing, down!

1 Like

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by richmanrichard: 10:59am On Feb 12, 2021
As i see marker for back of captain's jersey-- i weak. if dem beat bishop whom be ordinary parish priest? other players own condition go worse!
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by DarkJeddi(m): 11:00am On Feb 12, 2021
deliveryboy:
But they are the developers of the nation, they developed other regions and own all the wealth in other regions, I’m sure they know exactly what they are doing with regards to this heartland team. They want to develop teams in other regions and no-man’s-land first before finally developing heartland. grin
Heartland FC has a history better than any Club that ever came out of your enclave,just like Enyimba and Rangers,no club from your brown roof republic can compare to any of them..
So,save your thrash comments.. angry

1 Like

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by KingLion007(m): 11:02am On Feb 12, 2021
JubrinElSudan:
Shame!!! Na marker Dem use write that one number and name for back of Jersey? Who Bewitched us?
If you ask me who i go ask my broda..
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by grandlexuz(m): 11:03am On Feb 12, 2021
leadzeal:
This same welfare issue is also affecting ifeanyi ubah fc. So what really is the root problem with our local league?

Let me cite some here, not all encompassing and fully proved, but it can serve as a lead.

1. Coverage: some will say SuperSport is already on ground but understand that before an army can fully defeat the enemy, the ground force must be employed. Air raid is not sufficient enough with this. Yes we have started well by airing it but it is time to go local. How can we employ the local Force? Make it lucrative. This brings me to the second point which is: supporter base

2. Support base: the holy Grail here is have paid supporters and membership club. Use the information technology to the advantage. Turn tribal sentiments to money making venture. You may ask how? Now look at nnamdi kanu's ipob revolution. Do you realize people pay membership dues just to flame their ego that they are part of the movement? You see, instead of this chealsea and arsenal rift, let it be aba boys against ijebu boys. Trust me, football will be more fun if this achieved. It is now a matter of pride.

3. Business module: create a module where people can be really entertained. Invite popular artist like Wizkid and Davido once a while to open games. Look at the Superbowl. You see, people can start going out for date as viewers of our local games. The opportunity is massive. Now ask yourself, is there a game for this coming valentine? A local game to capture a lot of couples that are lovers of football.

4. Investment: This is the cream. Imagine dangote managing kano pillars and elumelu managing rivers United? Yes, I tell. It will be all about money and ego. Their trains will bet against each other. We are talking about millions of dollars of bet here. When such atmosphere is created, trust me, the players will never lack. Bonuses will be flying thru the air.

5. Upgraded facility: We need upgrade to this facilities so ticketing will be worth it. But big screen in the stadiums, so big companies can advertise on it. Sign a deal with a pop corn and pizza company so every ticket purchase will go with these appetizers.

You see, if we do these things, opportunities will be created, and jobs as well.

A greater Nigeria I envision.

Don't mind the typographical errors

Wow. Perfect analysis
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by DeUrch(m): 11:07am On Feb 12, 2021
Chai... From grace to grass

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by chrisooblog: 11:08am On Feb 12, 2021
had potential to be one of the greatest clubs in Nigeria and the African continent. Remember how they narrowly missed out winning the CAF champions league in 2009

Omihanifa:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/from-millionaires-to-minnows-the-grace-to-grass-story-of-heartland/%3famp=1

1 Like

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Thazard(m): 11:09am On Feb 12, 2021
leadzeal:
This same welfare issue is also affecting ifeanyi ubah fc. So what really is the root problem with our local league?

Let me cite some here, not all encompassing and fully proved, but it can serve as a lead.

1. Coverage: some will say SuperSport is already on ground but understand that before an army can fully defeat the enemy, the ground force must be employed. Air raid is not sufficient enough with this. Yes we have started well by airing it but it is time to go local. How can we employ the local Force? Make it lucrative. This brings me to the second point which is: supporter base

2. Support base: the holy Grail here is have paid supporters and membership club. Use the information technology to the advantage. Turn tribal sentiments to money making venture. You may ask how? Now look at nnamdi kanu's ipob revolution. Do you realize people pay membership dues just to flame their ego that they are part of the movement? You see, instead of this chealsea and arsenal rift, let it be aba boys against ijebu boys. Trust me, football will be more fun if this achieved. It is now a matter of pride.

3. Business module: create a module where people can be really entertained. Invite popular artist like Wizkid and Davido once a while to open games. Look at the Superbowl. You see, people can start going out for date as viewers of our local games. The opportunity is massive. Now ask yourself, is there a game for this coming valentine? A local game to capture a lot of couples that are lovers of football.

4. Investment: This is the cream. Imagine dangote managing kano pillars and elumelu managing rivers United? Yes, I tell. It will be all about money and ego. Their trains will bet against each other. We are talking about millions of dollars of bet here. When such atmosphere is created, trust me, the players will never lack. Bonuses will be flying thru the air.

5. Upgraded facility: We need upgrade to this facilities so ticketing will be worth it. But big screen in the stadiums, so big companies can advertise on it. Sign a deal with a pop corn and pizza company so every ticket purchase will go with these appetizers.

You see, if we do these things, opportunities will be created, and jobs as well.

A greater Nigeria I envision.

Don't mind the typographical errors

A smart guy
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by marvin906(m): 11:16am On Feb 12, 2021
Vardanes2:
Basic problem is that football cllubs are not profitably managed in Nigeria

Average ticket prices for Enyimba internaitonal's stadum at Aba on match day are below N3000 . Am sure that Heartland 's machday fees are just as low.

The way forward, is simple...charge higher gates, and run the club profitably. State governors can't run clubs.

No privately owned club in the league faces this issue
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Numerouno94(m): 11:25am On Feb 12, 2021
latter some fellaz will b like " Nigerians don't watch their local league, they prefer European leagues nd bla bla bla, in a thread last week or thereabt some slow pokes were advising some of our super eagle players to come nd retire in our mediocre league" shey una see wetin dey hapn abi? If na una brothers or unaself will u guys come retire here?

A league where ref go blow penalty for middle of pitch.
A league where players nd staffs re being owed salaries nd bonuses for months.
A league where eyes go dey pain u cos their cameras re outdated.
A league where u hardly see a replay.
A league where commentary is boring. etc.
A league 90% of home teams wins weak in weak out.
A league where players where shot at by d police cos dey went to protest for non payment of dia salaries at d government house.

Improve d league nd see how Nigerians will support dem nd bringing more viewership nd sponsors.
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by IgboWarlord(m): 11:36am On Feb 12, 2021
My God!!!!!...How did it get this bad?...At least my darling Enyimba Fc still dey on small faaji..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by 27Pushing30: 11:40am On Feb 12, 2021
JubrinElSudan:
Shame!!! Na marker Dem use write that one number and name for back of Jersey? Who Bewitched us?
Its actually not a shame to the club BUT a shame to the league and Nigeria.

like is it by force we have 20 teams in our premier league?? even 14 is Ok .

Set high standards and even if na 10 dey league start like that.

Quality is better than quantity.

How will dangote invest when his "billionaire" team with authentic jerseys et al are going to play a team with "marker number" on their jerseys lol
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by 27Pushing30: 11:41am On Feb 12, 2021
IgboWarlord:
My God!!!!!...How did it get this bad?...At least my darling Enyimba Fc still dey on small faaji..

Orji and Felix anyassi did a good job.

I aint igbo neither have i ever been to igboland.

but if am ever to cross river Niger i must visit enyimba stadium.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) / Olarenwaju Kayode And Zinny Olanrewaju White Wedding Pictures / Ronaldo Caps Stunning Manchester United Comeback Against Atlanta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.