Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland (32959 Views)

Bodo/Glimt 6-1 Roma: Mourinho's Side Thrashed By Norwegian Minnows, FK Bodo / Emmanuel Adebayor Joins Turkish Minnows Kayserispor On A One-year Deal (photos) / See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by balodihno14(m): 11:59am On Feb 12, 2021
JubrinElSudan:
Shame!!! Na marker Dem use write that one number and name for back of Jersey? Who Bewitched us?

1 Like

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by enomakos(m): 12:08pm On Feb 12, 2021
just sell the club
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by IgboWarlord(m): 12:10pm On Feb 12, 2021
27Pushing30:

Orji and Felix anyassi did a good job.

I aint igbo neither have i ever been to igboland.

but if am ever to cross river Niger i must visit enyimba stadium.

You be correct man..For you to acknowledge Felix Anyansi Agwu..You be correct man...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by LZAA: 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2021
lekki1444:
This is a non story.

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by oyeb15: 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
One of d best teams in africa when it comes to pure talents. if u watch their training , u wil b trilled.
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Abagworo(m): 12:49pm On Feb 12, 2021
The issue just like every issue in Imo State is lack of continuity and attempt to erase Okorocha's projects for political reasons. Ihedioha assumed office and sacked management as well as players signed under Okorocha as if the team belonged to Okorocha not Imo State. That Ihedioha's misguided abuse of office warranted the FIFA sanction on the Club. Whoever doesn't know should investigate and find out. Under Okorocha Heartland was using Imo Dana Air flight for their away matches not luxurious bus.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/dana-air-extends-sponsorship-deal-for-heartland-fc/amp/

1 Like

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Sbsrules: 12:50pm On Feb 12, 2021
leadzeal:
This same welfare issue is also affecting ifeanyi ubah fc. So what really is the root problem with our local league?

Let me cite some here, not all encompassing and fully proved, but it can serve as a lead.

1. Coverage: some will say SuperSport is already on ground but understand that before an army can fully defeat the enemy, the ground force must be employed. Air raid is not sufficient enough with this. Yes we have started well by airing it but it is time to go local. How can we employ the local Force? Make it lucrative. This brings me to the second point which is: supporter base

2. Support base: the holy Grail here is have paid supporters and membership club. Use the information technology to the advantage. Turn tribal sentiments to money making venture. You may ask how? Now look at nnamdi kanu's ipob revolution. Do you realize people pay membership dues just to flame their ego that they are part of the movement? You see, instead of this chealsea and arsenal rift, let it be aba boys against ijebu boys. Trust me, football will be more fun if this achieved. It is now a matter of pride.

3. Business module: create a module where people can be really entertained. Invite popular artist like Wizkid and Davido once a while to open games. Look at the Superbowl. You see, people can start going out for date as viewers of our local games. The opportunity is massive. Now ask yourself, is there a game for this coming valentine? A local game to capture a lot of couples that are lovers of football.

4. Investment: This is the cream. Imagine dangote managing kano pillars and elumelu managing rivers United? Yes, I tell. It will be all about money and ego. Their trains will bet against each other. We are talking about millions of dollars of bet here. When such atmosphere is created, trust me, the players will never lack. Bonuses will be flying thru the air.

5. Upgraded facility: We need upgrade to this facilities so ticketing will be worth it. But big screen in the stadiums, so big companies can advertise on it. Sign a deal with a pop corn and pizza company so every ticket purchase will go with these appetizers.

You see, if we do these things, opportunities will be created, and jobs as well.

A greater Nigeria I envision.

Don't mind the typographical errors

pls clap for him...You are really good at this, sir if u have any business abeg tell me. Damn see wisdom.

1 Like

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by stchinedu: 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2021
Ndi imo and negative news...

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by wisz1(m): 1:22pm On Feb 12, 2021
leadzeal:
This same welfare issue is also affecting ifeanyi ubah fc. So what really is the root problem with our local league?

Let me cite some here, not all encompassing and fully proved, but it can serve as a lead.

1. Coverage: some will say SuperSport is already on ground but understand that before an army can fully defeat the enemy, the ground force must be employed. Air raid is not sufficient enough with this. Yes we have started well by airing it but it is time to go local. How can we employ the local Force? Make it lucrative. This brings me to the second point which is: supporter base

2. Support base: the holy Grail here is have paid supporters and membership club. Use the information technology to the advantage. Turn tribal sentiments to money making venture. You may ask how? Now look at nnamdi kanu's ipob revolution. Do you realize people pay membership dues just to flame their ego that they are part of the movement? You see, instead of this chealsea and arsenal rift, let it be aba boys against ijebu boys. Trust me, football will be more fun if this achieved. It is now a matter of pride.

3. Business module: create a module where people can be really entertained. Invite popular artist like Wizkid and Davido once a while to open games. Look at the Superbowl. You see, people can start going out for date as viewers of our local games. The opportunity is massive. Now ask yourself, is there a game for this coming valentine? A local game to capture a lot of couples that are lovers of football.

4. Investment: This is the cream. Imagine dangote managing kano pillars and elumelu managing rivers United? Yes, I tell. It will be all about money and ego. Their trains will bet against each other. We are talking about millions of dollars of bet here. When such atmosphere is created, trust me, the players will never lack. Bonuses will be flying thru the air.

5. Upgraded facility: We need upgrade to this facilities so ticketing will be worth it. But big screen in the stadiums, so big companies can advertise on it. Sign a deal with a pop corn and pizza company so every ticket purchase will go with these appetizers.

You see, if we do these things, opportunities will be created, and jobs as well.

Your points are highly valid and in order.
Sense too much for your head.
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by purplekayc(m): 1:39pm On Feb 12, 2021
we all know what happened
nigerian factors: neglect,corruption etc
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 12, 2021
wisz1:

Your points are highly valid and in order.
Sense too much for your head.

If you see sense for my head, the sense full your head. Mirror effect grin
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 12, 2021
Thazard:

A smart guy

Like see like..
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 12, 2021
Sbsrules:

pls clap for him...You are really good at this, sir if u have any business abeg tell me. Damn see wisdom.

I just gave out a business idea.. grin
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 12, 2021
grandlexuz:

Wow. Perfect analysis

*Head bowed*

Appreciate
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by majamajic(m): 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2021
deliveryboy:
But they are the developers of the nation, they developed other regions and own all the wealth in other regions, I’m sure they know exactly what they are doing with regards to this heartland team. They want to develop teams in other regions and no-man’s-land first before finally developing heartland. grin

Where's Julius Berger, Bendel Insurance , 3sc , Nigerdock and Sunshine stars ?

Use your brain when u comment here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by bizhop01: 2:22pm On Feb 12, 2021
the poor quality kits worn by the players in Lagos, which was unbranded and without the club’s logo, and had players’ names and jersey numbers written with a pen,

No be by force to run a football club.
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by rawpadgin(m): 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2021
leadzeal:

exactly what i have been telling those who care to listen. You, my friend is a very wise man
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by DelphiOracle(m): 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2021
leadzeal:

forget the errors. Dammn u reason well.
Imagine having somebody like u as the sport minister. Our football problem is solved
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by NarnieAceTech: 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2021
JackWolfskin:
The branding at ojuelebga would have taken less than 100k but now they have to pay 1.1m.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

It's quite disappointing, frankly. I customize football jerseys for football academy teams and I charge less than 30k. How can a top-flight team use board marker to inscribe names on their jerseys. That level is below rock bottom. I honestly feel sad.
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Adamson55: 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2021
Pitiable and Disheartening!!!
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Eshiosbest: 5:13pm On Feb 12, 2021
leadzeal:

Respect brother
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Boxer007(m): 12:20am On Feb 13, 2021
ihatebuhari:
Lol

helo is dat yor yansh? smiley
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Josywhyte: 8:07am On Feb 13, 2021
This is what happens when u don't allow investors come into our league. Insecurity has also played a part in making our league one of the most useless in the world today. Unpaid salaries,dues,loyalty bonuses,appearance fee,sign-on fee,etc. affect players and coaches together.
Nigeria is the worst country when it comes to man management......tufiakwa
Re: From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland by Lammy804(f): 1:12am On Mar 09, 2021
marvin906:
The npfl needs serious structuring..
First state government should stop funding clubs..
Clubs should create their own revenue and spend accordingly to what they earn..
Npfl clubs are spending recklessly...
The league should be privately owned the NFf is useless

Hello @Marvin906 , I followed your thread and I have something to ask you privately. Please drop your number or email when you see this. My email is @Kaylammy9@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) / Olarenwaju Kayode And Zinny Olanrewaju White Wedding Pictures / Ronaldo Caps Stunning Manchester United Comeback Against Atlanta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.