Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality (2620 Views)

Igbo Vs Bini: Reno Omokri Destroys Uche Chuta In A Public Debate (VIDEO) / Presumed Igbo/yoruba Hatred / Historical Perspective Of Igbo-yoruba Hatred (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by hotwax: 3:41pm On Feb 12, 2021
Common Terms: Yi.bos, Afonja, Ipods, Pigidigs, Yeriba e.t.c. (Nairaland is actually trying to mask these offensive terminologies. However, they need to do more)

Online ethnic bashing between these 2 tribes has been hot lately. On Nairaland for example, you see Igbo people creating multiple thread to bash Yorubas, Tinubu, Sunday Igboho e.t.c Yoruba counterparts attack N.Kanu, Wike, e.t.c.

The question is, do these tribes really hate each other? In reality, I have still not seen the hate. Yorubas and Igbo have been living together without clash for years uncountable. You hear of Yoruba vs hausa fight in ibadan, Lagos, Ile-Ife. Has anyone seen Yoruba vs Igbo fight. Igbos are everywhere in Lagos in millions, you hardly notice they are their. They are disturbing no one.

They share house together..tenant/landlord relationship. They inter-marry. Run businesses together.

So where is the online hate coming from? I still don't understand. Most of my colleagues are Igbos. I have never seen any sign of tribalism in them. They are always fair to me.

So where is the online hate coming from? I need answers.

PS: I know all these ethnic bashing threads are good business for nairaland platform. Webtraffic and monetization. grin cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by Omoluabi1stborn: 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2021
hotwax:
Common Terms: Yi.bos, Afonja, Ipods, Pigidigs, Yeriba e.t.c. (Nairaland is actually trying to mask these offensive terminologies. However, they need to do more)

Online ethnic bashing between these 2 tribes has been hot lately. On Nairaland for example, you see Igbo people creating multiple thread to bash Yorubas, Tinubu, Sunday Igboho e.t.c Yoruba counterparts attack N.Kanu, Wike, e.t.c.

The question is, do these tribes really hate each other? In reality, I have still not seen the hate. Yorubas and Igbo have been living together without clash for years uncountable. You hear of Yoruba vs hausa fight in ibadan, Lagos, Ile-Ife. Has anyone seen Yoruba vs Igbo fight. Igbos are everywhere in Lagos in millions, you hardly notice they are their. They are disturbing no one.

They share house together..tenant/landlord relationship. They inter-marry. Run businesses together.

So where is the online hate coming from? I still don't understand. Most of my colleagues are Igbos. I have never seen any sign of tribalism in them. They are always fair to me.

So where is the online hate coming from? I need answers

Nairaland would be boring without both tribes arguing.

Abeq its all fun sha

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by Odoogu(m): 3:47pm On Feb 12, 2021
most times its just banters and the fact that "we all hiding behind a keyboard".

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by hotwax: 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Abeq its all fun sha

A bit relieved. I thought there is a genuine hate. And these has always been on my mind when I meet Igbo people in real life. I always think they hate me because of what they post online.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by andyblinks: 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2021
sometimes na too just catch cruise noting serious

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by donbachi(m): 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2021
They should go and take care of their common enemy...herdsmen.

15 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by Omoluabi1stborn: 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2021
hotwax:

A bit relieved. I thought there is a genuine hate. And these has always been on my mind when I meet Igbo people in real life. I always think they hate me because of what they post online.

If there is genuine hate.
You would know. E.g Yoruba/Hausa clash in Fagba/ile Ife

Igbo / Hausa-Fulani clash in SE and North
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by adadike(f): 3:55pm On Feb 12, 2021
They are very good friends real life and they understand each other more than any other tribe

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by Pmedia7787: 3:56pm On Feb 12, 2021
hotwax:

So where is the online hate coming from? I need answers

Not far from the truth bro

Only small boys and ignoramus talk in hatred

No week passes by in southwest without seeing a wedding involving this two tribe

This two tribe have bajillion of things in common

While they jokingly abuse each other especially in food

Most Igbo's end up eating ewedu in uch when sick

A lot of Yoruba artisan trading in the east married Igbo women..and paid the bride price in full

Some areas in Ibadan are 50% ...igbo...

The two tribes can make nigeria great...not sure of the other major tribe

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by BlackfireX: 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2021
We always know that this online banter is to distract the Almighty North..

Come and be president let me see

North 2023
South take note

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by Odoogu(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2021
adadike:
They are very good friends real life and they understand each other more than any other tribe

Adadike... cheesy
though I don't know the meaning.. but the Ada and Dike together cheesy
this your real name?
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by adadike(f): 4:02pm On Feb 12, 2021
Odoogu:

Adadike... cheesy
though I don't know the meaning.. but the Ada and Dike together cheesy
this your real name?
no not my real name. It means daughter of the strong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by hotwax: 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2021
Pmedia7787:

Not far from the truth bro

Only small boys and ignoramus talk in hatred

No week passes by in southwest without seeing a wedding involving this two tribe

This two tribe have bajillion of things in common

While they jokingly abuse each other especially in food

Most Igbo's end up eating ewedu in uch when sick

A lot of Yoruba artisan trading in the east married Igbo women..and paid the bride price in full

Some areas in Ibadan are 50% ...igbo...

The two tribes can make nigeria great...not sure of the other major tribe

Not sure ooo...You hardly see other tribe marrying hausa/fulanis...Its possible..but its rare
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by espn(m): 4:07pm On Feb 12, 2021
Yes ke..
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by Tranquillity360: 4:13pm On Feb 12, 2021
hotwax:

But yobas never hide their hatred for Igbos both online and offline.

I remember how yoba youths attack Igbos in lagos during last presidential election,which force many Igbos not to vote.

Any little protest in west yobas will target Igbo business.

I remember your Oba threatened to throw Igbos in lagoon if they fail to vote for his candidate,which all yobas cheered and applauded him.

During operation python dance which Nigeria army killed hundreds of unarmed Igbo youths,we all saw how yobas were rejoicing shouting kill them all,more bullets in your guns,use them as target practice and so on,their offence to yobas is simple because the don't want to share the same country with them again.

In 2015 presidential election,yobas voted against Goodluck,not because buhari is better than him,but because He have few Igbos in his cabinet.

Yobas hatred for Igbos is legendary.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by Odoogu(m): 4:19pm On Feb 12, 2021
adadike:
no not my real name. It means daughter of the strong

hmm...
person no fit follow you joke be that oo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by AwkaFinest: 4:21pm On Feb 12, 2021
hotwax:

Online ethnic bashing between these 2 tribes has been hot lately. On Nairaland for example, you see Igbo people creating multiple thread to bash Yorubas, Tinubu, Sunday Igboho e.t.c Yoruba counterparts attack N.Kanu,
Wike, e.t.c.

PS: I know all these ethnic bashing threads are good business for nairaland platform. Webtraffic and monetization. grin cheesy cheesy

Point of correction, yorubas do not hate/attack Wike, its ipob miscreants that are hating on Wike, after he dealt with their deluded skulls at oyigbo.
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by OlawaleBammie: 4:23pm On Feb 12, 2021
hotwax:

See dont mind us, the online tribalism is just to catch some cruises grin

In reality notin like that, from lagos to ibadan to oshogbo, to oweri to onitsha to aba back to abeokuta and asaba grin

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by hotwax: 4:24pm On Feb 12, 2021
Tranquillity360:
But yobas never hide their hatred for Igbos both online and offline.

I remember how yoba youths attack Igbos in lagos during last presidential election,which force many Igbos not to vote.

Any little protest in west yobas will target Igbo business.

I remember your Oba threatened to throw Igbos in lagoon if they fail to vote for his candidate,which all yobas cheered and applauded him.

During operation python dance which Nigeria army killed hundreds of unarmed Igbo youths,we all saw how yobas were rejoicing shouting kill them all,more bullets in your guns,use them as target practice and so on,their offence to yobas is simple because the don't want to share the same country with them again.

In 2015 presidential election,yobas voted against Goodluck,not because buhari is better than him,but because He have few Igbos in his cabinet.

Yobas hatred for Igbos is legendary.

Those are agbero tinubus boys. You still don't get it

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by hotwax: 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2021
AwkaFinest:

Point of correction, yorubas do not hate/attack Wike, its ipob miscreants that are hating on Wike, after he dealt with their deluded skulls at oyigbo.

Ref: my response above. Someone claiming yorubas attack Igbos on election date.

This is an igbo that hate ipob.

You can't call tinubu agberos all yorubas. They don't respresent yorubas

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by johnkey: 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2021
same as the male vs female fight here
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by AwkaFinest: 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2021
hotwax:

Ref: my response above. Someone claiming yorubas attack Igbos on election date.

This is an igbo that hate ipob.

You can't call tinubu agberos all yorubas. They don't respresent yorubas

I don't see any Youruba in any platform attacking Wike, besides potopoto hoodlums from shithole SE.
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by hotwax: 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2021
johnkey:
same as the male vs female fight here

Lolz...true. that's another hot kettle
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by DaInferno(m): 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Abeq its all fun sha
fun how?
you gotta a weird preference on what should be fun! yoruba-ibo feud is pure hatred and envy and all the ugly things one can think of. I like to look at it like black man racism!
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by adadike(f): 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2021
Odoogu:

hmm...
person no fit follow you joke be that oo cheesy
cheesy
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by Odoogu(m): 4:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
adadike:
cheesy
but me I be risk taker oo tongue
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by Oracleforce: 4:33pm On Feb 12, 2021
hotwax:

The hatred display on nairaland is just to generate web traffic for Seun....you know say Seun needs money to keep the platform running...and Tribal differences is one of the best topics that can generate great web traffic on this website....

If you observe, some of those who beg for money on the platform are Yoruba people while those Yahoo boys that give money do the online beggar here are Igbo people....other tribes like Fulani, Hausa, Efik are just silent because they don't even know what to what type....

So, seun needs those Igbo and Yoruba topics so that he can be used to generate web traffic and put more money to his pocket

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by adadike(f): 4:34pm On Feb 12, 2021
Odoogu:

but me I be risk taker oo tongue
really? Okay now
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by Odoogu(m): 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2021
adadike:
really? Okay now
Oya nowcheesy... reason me how e go be? my name is Ireti. what's yours?
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by hotwax: 4:37pm On Feb 12, 2021
Oracleforce:

The hatred display on nairaland is just to generate web traffic for Seun....you know say Seun needs money to keep the platform running...and Tribal differences is one of the best topics that can generate great web traffic on this website....

If you observe, some of those who beg for money on the platform are Yoruba people while those Yahoo boys that give money do the online beggar here are Igbo people....other tribes like Fulani, Hausa, Efik are just silent because they don't even know what to what type....

So, seun needs those Igbo and Yoruba topics so that he can be used to generate web traffic and put more money to his pocket

I noticed it too. Na real business

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by Tranquillity360: 4:41pm On Feb 12, 2021
hotwax:

Those are agbero tinubus boys. You still don't get it
Nothing like agbero tinubus.

They are yoba,a typical yoba man wish evil to Igbos.

Fact

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba Hatred We See Online Is Different In Reality by hotwax: 4:42pm On Feb 12, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Nothing like agbero tinubus.

They are yoba,a typical yoba man wish evil to Igbos.

Fact

So is Atiku an igbo man? I also supported atiku.
Or even jonathan..is he igbo?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ESN Terrorrists Gunned Down People At Registration Center. Pictures And Video. / Do Not Waste Your Votes On Labour Party-dogara Tells Southern Kaduna Residents. / Tinubu Regrets Hush Economic Decisions As Another Presidential Election Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.