Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court (33560 Views)

Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Biden Invites Buhari, 39 Other World Leaders For Climate Change Summit / Aisha Yesufu Asks Abuja EndSARS Protesters To Retreat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 13, 2021
The protesters were arrested on Saturday.

The police have charged about 40 Lekki Toll Gate protesters before a mobile court in Yaba, according to lawyers involved in the case.

The protesters, including entertainer Debo Macaroni, were charged on Saturday evening for taking part in a demonstration against injustice at Lekki Toll Gate, scene of October 20, 2020, killing of protesters by armed Nigerian soldiers.

The protesters were taken to Panti, a police unit notorious for handling tough criminal cases. It was unclear why all the protesters, who have not been accused of any crime, were taken to the station in central Lagos’ suburb of Yaba.

Two lawyers working on the matter told Peoples Gazette the protesters were currently being arraigned before a mobile court system. They are expected to be released after entering their respective pleas before the court, the lawyers said.

The arraignment comes hours after police commissioner Hakeem Odumosu said he had ordered the immediate release of the suspects.

Widespread condemnation has greeted the arrest of the protesters, with the Nigerian Bar Association reminding the Buhari administration of Nigerians’ fundamental rights to free assembly.

SOURCE

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by Tolexander: 6:07pm On Feb 13, 2021
The police have charged about 40 Lekki Toll Gate protesters before a mobile court in Yaba, according to lawyers involved in the case.
These 40 guys are the heroes.

History will forever be kind to them

We are all watching and following the shenanigans.
We hope that one day when this present government founds itself at the outer fence of the affairs of governance like it was pre 2015 election, it won’t have the balls, effrontery and audacity to sing out oppression like the Israelites were singing by the riverside of Babylon

276 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 13, 2021
Noted
Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by Racoon(m): 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
What is their crime? Participating in a protest against injustice but still suffering injustice? While criminal element like bandits and BH terrorists are wrecking havoc & then surrendering in government houses and getting amnesty? Nigeria is a lost cause.

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by uptimum123(m): 6:13pm On Feb 13, 2021
grin
Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by IamWonderful: 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by uptimum123(m): 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2021
My body just dey sweet me since morning... Make dem go cool off their brain for prison small

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2021
What a country!!!

May God punish Lord Lugard...

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by othermen: 6:15pm On Feb 13, 2021
Shame!
Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by seunmsg(m): 6:16pm On Feb 13, 2021
fergie0o1:
The protesters were arrested on Saturday.

What were they charged for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by ThatFairGuy1: 6:16pm On Feb 13, 2021
Ita nio le omo alaigboran wa'le.

Next news

Mr racoon, please when will you see to this WORSE ever treatment melted on innocent citizens in Oyigbo, Ozubulu, Orlu and most especially Akwuzu, where multitude we're killed, parts shared and dumbed their rest body in Ezu river. This was Peter Obi's tenure as Governor.

When will you and your likes see to this and protest at Onitsha.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by an0daGuy: 6:23pm On Feb 13, 2021
Let them throw that macaroni in kirikiri, let those starving inmates chop him raw.

I pity his nyash after they are done with his afonja ass lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:24pm On Feb 13, 2021
Shame on sanwo-olu
Shame on all those who support this madness and tyranny.
Shame on them who seek to take from their fellow citizens, the same rights they enjoyed in 2012 and 2014 without harassment nor intimidation.

To all those forming woke Yorubas who have been defending these tyranny, I'll have you know that in 1993, the June 12 protests were quickly tagged "Yoruba protests" by those you support today. If the likes of Gani and Aka-Basorun had backed down, you will not have a Tinubu today.
The Oyo empire was one of free speech and lawful protests, which was why the Oyo m'esi was the highest advisory body to the alaafin.
No freeborn Yoruba will ever look to abridge the rights of others to speak their minds. Only bastards and traitors do that.
Igbehin lo ni oloku ada iru won

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by Ventura1: 6:25pm On Feb 13, 2021
Today is masturbation day for APC Zombies.
Notable APC/Buharist are in action, jumping from one thread to the other mocking arrested protesters.

The evil the protesters are protesting (if indeed one) will visit them soon

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by yorubarere: 6:25pm On Feb 13, 2021
Agboriotejoye:
Shame on sanwo-olu
Go back to your state. Lagos no be must.

12 Likes

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 13, 2021
They broke the law, they should face the consequences of their actions.

These set of actingvists broke the covid and social distancing laws, they put the lives of law abiding lagosians in danger.

Not only that, they are SABOTEURS which is a great criminal offense.

11 Likes

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by YorubaPrince: 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2021
E no go better for Tinubu and all IPOB! angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by Bestqualityx: 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2021
This government self

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by PAWG(m): 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2021
Right move
Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by Olajooo3(f): 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2021
Debo may the Lord be with you

16 Likes

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by IGoComotYaTeeth: 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2021
I don finally make up my mind to leave this shithole, Canada here i come, even if na to pack snow grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2021
Queenlovely:
[s]I was wondering why my hausa brothers will not learn the language of their host Community, they don't go to the general school,they have their own school, they have their own market, they live in special neighborhood. They don't share anything with their host Community, They live by a different set of rules within the same society. They have their own mentors, leaders and role models, they don't watch Nollywood, they created their own movie industry. They have their own security outfit, law,

This Type of life is called a parallel society, They created a society within a society. When they travel outside their state, they live in Ama hausa, the only thing they either share with their host Community is the religion.

In 2017, Donald Trump complained that Muslims don't assimilate the American culture, rather they create a parallel culture. This is true, They don't bother to learn English at least, because they live amongst fellow Muslims. Such Community harbor wanted criminals from the law and become safe haven for terrorist to recruit, no wonder mosque are spied upon to make sure it doesn't become a terrorist breeding ground.

Even in Abuja, we notice same thing. the mosque is the center of their Community, most of them use the mosque as their home, they can commit and run into mosque for shelter. their Community will not easily give them up.

That is why most Northern Nigerians are still illiterate, until the government can penetrate this bubble they created for themselves, it will be difficult to take education to the northern states.
[/s]

Pls stop typing rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by Onlinealaba(m): 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2021
Debo and the 39 the real MVP

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by merits(m): 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by PissfulProtester: 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2021
Good one!

Useless Debo who will do anything to gain attention. He even wore something with his signature color to the protest ground. mumu!

You want Justice for the people massacred @ the lekki toll gate, provide names, you no fit provide. idiot!

After all the looting of innocent and hard working Nigerians properties, burning of police stations and stealing of arms and ammunition, freeing of prisoners which happened as a result of the needless continuous endSARS protest, you still didn't learn a lesson. You need to be taught a proper lesson. m0r0n!

I watched the video where he was stripped and tied by our gallant police officers. His breasts, big lips and tummy were literally shaking out of fear. no balls! modafuka! You no know say police sef dey find opportunity to revenge

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by tillaman(m): 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2021
sad
Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by papilo700: 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2021
IPOB and protests are like 5&6 wink

2 Likes

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by definitelyCHIMA: 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2021
But they wouldn't charge repentant boko boys ohhh. Imagine people that have killed countless nigerians, have never been charged instead you grant them amnesty, showing how incompetent your armed forces are. But na protesters una they charge to court. If the government show this kind of seriousness and alacrity towards Fulani headsmen and boko haram will heaven fall down? See the way the police men dress as if they want to go and fight world war 3 because if pple who are trying to execise their rights. May thunder locate all of you nonsense.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by Grace001: 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2021
Charged to courts for holding a placard with inscription of “one Nigeria”

Bandits are parading on a broad day light even held meeting with unlicensed AK47 assault rifle yet none of them are arrested or charge to court.

Useless failed cursed country run by wicked and heartless old fools cargos

I doff my hat for you guys, as for me I can’t stress myself protesting for a failed irredeemable useless country like Nigeria ruled by heartless old fools.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Charge Debo Macaroni, 39 Other Lekki Protesters To Court by DamnNiggar: 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2021
So fast grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No To Southern Christian. If You Vote Obi, You Are Voting For Biafra - Cleric / Aba Has More Industries Than All Southwest Cities except Lagos. / Coronavirus: Germany To Donate N2.2 Billion To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.