Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines (3486 Views)

Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? / Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s / The Differences Between Straight 6 And V6 Engines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by jojomario(m): 3:31am On Jan 22, 2023
TRYGO:
Jojomario. Yes, i am still availble in this field.
You got a job for me?
oga mi, where is your location in Lagos. I got camry 2AZ 08/09. Still contemplating on rebuild or another engine. I will appreciate your whatsapp line.
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by Conner44: 4:16am On Jan 22, 2023
jojomario:
where is your location?

TRYGO
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by TRYGO(m): 7:12am On Jan 24, 2023
@ conner44. Location is Aswani Isolo, Lagos.

@ jojomario.
1. Aswani Isolo, Lagos
2. Just take your time to think through both options then. Anyone you decide, should be based on your pockets, and if you want to keep that car for a long time(possession).
3. Whatsapp line is in my signature pls

@ dicksonadams:
#150k plus?! This also depends on exactly what the state of the engine is internally.
A year is the warranty o!

Thanks,
Joseph

1 Like

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by dicksonadams(m): 1:22pm On Jan 24, 2023
TRYGO:
@ conner44. Location is Aswani Isolo, Lagos.

@ jojomario.
1. Aswani Isolo, Lagos
2. Just take your time to think through both options then. Anyone you decide, should be based on your pockets, and if you want to keep that car for a long time(possession).
3. Whatsapp line is in my signature pls

@ dicksonadams:
#150k plus?! This also depends on exactly what the state of the engine is internally.
A year is the warranty o!

Thanks,
Joseph

How many weeks or days does the rebuild takes
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by TRYGO(m): 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2023
dicksonadams:

How many weeks or days does the rebuild takes
Duration of the rebuilds depends on the engine capacity.
For a 4cylinder, takes 1week, whilst for a V6-V8, takes 1.5weeks.
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by dicksonadams(m): 7:14am On Jan 27, 2023
TRYGO:
Duration of the rebuilds depends on the engine capacity.
For a 4cylinder, takes 1week, whilst for a V6-V8, takes 1.5weeks.

while an engine replacement will take a day or 2 with less likelihood of error.

I let me weigh my options cry
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by Godsonkemz(m): 8:24am On Jan 28, 2023
If you have money, rather than rebuilding an engine, it's better to buy a tokumbo engine.
I had to rebuild my engine for three consecutive times which would normally last for 2 to 5months before it starts shorting oil. I was afraid of buying a bad tokumbo engine until I summoned up courage to go for replacement. The great mistake I made was to yield to the last and dubious mechanic's advice who deceived me to rebuild it the fourth time with assurance he would do it better than others. However his service was the worst after exploiting hell out of me. Ever since almost a year I replaced the engine, I've never had a cause to top oil between the intervals of servicing.

2 Likes

Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by froshbuddy: 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2023
Please do you handle brake system? My Camry 2000 brake master and ABS was changed but still feels brakeless. If yes, please share you contact, as it's not on your profile.
Re: An Alternative To The Current High Cost Of Replacement Engines by TRYGO(m): 6:30am On Dec 09, 2023
froshbuddy:
Please do you handle brake system? My Camry 2000 brake master and ABS was changed but still feels brakeless. If yes, please share you contact, as it's not on your profile.
Yes, i do.
Contacts are in my signature.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cause Of Steering Vibration / Please I Need Info On Corolla 2004 Security System??? / Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.