Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen (15712 Views)

Sani To Northern Governors: Share Returning Herdsmen Like Federal Allocation / IPOB Calls For Sit-at-home In Benue, Adamawa, Kaduna May 30 / IPOB Calls For Sit-at-home In Benue, Adamawa, Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by KEVIND: 7:37am On Feb 14, 2021
The state governments in Gombe, Benue, Adamawa and Zamfara have signalled their preparedness to receive herdsmen relocating to the North.

The Northerner Elders Forum had, in a statement issued on Friday by its Director, Publicity and Advocacy, Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, called on northern governors “to prepare to receive law-abiding Fulani herders who may be compelled to relocate to the North.”

In a response, the Director General, Press Affairs, Gombe State Government House, Ismaila Misilli, said the state was ready to accommodate its citizens upon their decision to return home.

Misilli said, “Anybody that is from our state and has gone anywhere to look for greener pasture and now, for his own reason, decides to come back home, we must receive him. He is our person, son or daughter, probably. You must receive them.”

Similarly, the Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, on Friday, said the state was ready to accommodate any of the fleeing Fulani herdsmen from the southern part of the country on the condition that returning herdsmen who decide to stay in Benue State must obey the law of the state.

Ortom was responding to the appeal by the Northern Elders Forum to northern governors to prepare to receive law-abiding herders who may be compelled to relocate to the North as a result of tension in the South.

The governor, who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase, noted that the state had no problem with anyone who engaged in legitimate business and adhered to the law of the state.

He said, “As long as they (Fulani herdsmen) are ready to ranch their cattle and obey the Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law of the state, Benue State will have no problem with them.”

Recall that the state enacted the Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Law in 2017.

Also, the Adamawa State government said it was willing to resettle herders returning from the South.

The Director General, Media and Communications, Adamawa State Government House, Solomon Kumangar, on Friday, said the state, which is one of the participating states under the National Livestock Transformation Plan, would be able to accommodate the Fulani herders within a specified time, if that was the decision of the Northern Governors Forum.

Kumangar said, “Adamawa has already keyed into the National livestock Transformation Plan. Recall it was launched in the state in 2019 by the Vice President at Gongoshi reserve. This is also to settle farmers and herders within a specified period.

“If it is the decision of the northern governors to absorb herders who are returning from the southern part, the Adamawa State Government will act in accordance with that decision.”

Similarly, Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State expressed readiness to welcome the Fulani herders.

Matawalle, who spoke through his media aide, Zailani Bappa, condemned any form of discrimination against a people for crimes committed by a few, saying, “This is a complete injustice.”

He maintained that not all Fulanis were criminals, adding that, in every tribe, there were good and bad eggs.

The governor said, “My administration wants to assure Nigerians that Zamfara State will never undermine the Constitution of Nigeria by denying any Nigerian or group of Nigerians free access to the state and free association with its citizens.

https://punchng.com/gombe-benue-adamawa-zamfara-ready-to-receive-returning-herdsmen/

1 Like

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by Freestainworld(m): 7:52am On Feb 14, 2021
They should all share them, let them stay in the North where they belong.

63 Likes

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 14, 2021
Land is cheap in the north , water everywhere why not buy land in the north and stay

All this so called peaceful herdsmen in the south over the years their job was to map out routes to safely attack south n get away easily ....

No herdsmen is innocent

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by 97times: 8:04am On Feb 14, 2021
Better o

1 Like

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by Yobabad: 8:07am On Feb 14, 2021
The should send more hersdmen to Oyo state, that state is too big according to local Yoruba Muslims

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by Racoon(m): 8:16am On Feb 14, 2021
shocked Ndi Benue!Abeg make them share them like allocation

9 Likes

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by Omoluabi1stborn: 8:19am On Feb 14, 2021
Benue

They never learn their lessons

53 Likes

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by funshint(m): 8:26am On Feb 14, 2021
I've always said it that Ortom is an asslicker just like that one in Plateau too. These people just never learn.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by PCG001: 8:37am On Feb 14, 2021
աɦɨċɦ ҡɨռɖ ɢօʍɮɛ, ɮɛռʊɛ, aɖaʍaաa, ʐaʍʄaʀa❓❓
աɦɛռ tɦɛʏ ɦaɖ aʟʀɛaɖʏ sɛttʟɛ ɖօառ ɨռ ҡաaʀaundecided

5 Likes

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by omowolewa: 8:37am On Feb 14, 2021
Good one
Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by Premiumwriter: 8:39am On Feb 14, 2021
Ortom is a disgrace and disgusting as*licker

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:39am On Feb 14, 2021
With a stern voice and in a strict manner, addressing the evil ones among the Fulani herdsmen,
This is what our darling Daddy should come out to say in few hours from now on National TV.

I am cattle rearer myself.
I have cattles.
That is my business,
And that is your livelihood also.
I do not support killings, kidnappings, raping of Nigeria Citizens.
For the evil ones amongst you going about causing violence, whatever you see, you should live with it, cos right now,
I will send out the Army to fish you bad eggs all out and protect my innocent citizens in their communities.

No Violence act will be encouraged under my watch.

And for the ones killing and burning innocent citizens businesses.
Destroying the properties of people that have been living in peace with you for many years, people going about their businesses legitimately, we will come for you also.

And this will be my final warning to everyone causing mayhem and Violence in this nation.

God bless Nigeria.

I Rise!

Peace is all we want in our darling country.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:40am On Feb 14, 2021
Igbochief001:

All this so called peaceful herdsmen in the south over the years their job was to map out routes to safely attack south n get away easily ....

No herdsmen is innocent
No sense in this post.
Hope you know that in your innermost heart?

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by Steve28: 8:41am On Feb 14, 2021
Fake news for the fact that Benue state was mentioned pls just know that is not true..

KEVIND:

https://punchng.com/gombe-benue-adamawa-zamfara-ready-to-receive-returning-herdsmen/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by Coldie(m): 8:44am On Feb 14, 2021
Is omenka complaining?

Guy mind your business
Steve28:
Fake news for the fact that Benue state was mentioned pls just know that is not true..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by Firstvaxer: 8:45am On Feb 14, 2021
If it would bring peace in this Country, no problem.
Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by id4sho(m): 8:47am On Feb 14, 2021
BENUE AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by janedonez(m): 8:49am On Feb 14, 2021
Even Benue?

2 Likes

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by MrBachelor: 8:52am On Feb 14, 2021
Ortom spoke for himself, and not for his people. The overwhelming majority of Benue indigene would rather not have Fulani herdsmen on their land.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by naijadrivablog: 8:54am On Feb 14, 2021
They should, after all, the North has more land than southern Nigeria, while the South has more population density.

The COWeconomists were advocating that Southerners give free lands to Fulani herdsmen who run PRIVATE businessessad

Igbo's rear cows but it is done in a SANE way. I know a lot of my town men who are herdsmen for decades, if not centuries but never have they taken their cows to people's farmlands or fight or kill anyone.

I don kuku stop to eat cow meat as a protest.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by shiffynaani(m): 8:55am On Feb 14, 2021
Premiumwriter:
Ortom is a disgrace and disgusting as*licker
I detest that Orton man. You are still grappling with the remnants of Fulani violence and yet you still dey talk say make dem come. Rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by vinco82(m): 8:56am On Feb 14, 2021
funshint:
I've always said it that Ortom is an asslicker just like that one in Plateau too. These people just never learn.
Read before comments
Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by Temiwands(m): 8:57am On Feb 14, 2021
Recite your memory verse very well.
Yobabad:
The should send more hersdmen to Oyo state, that state is too big according to local Yoruba Muslims

1 Like

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by shiffynaani(m): 8:58am On Feb 14, 2021
post=99049065:

This post made no sense.
Hope you know that in your innermost heart?
it's not necessary the post makes sense to you now. Don't worry, you will understand later when they visit you and your family and probably turn una to VULTUREBBQGRILLS in your own house

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by SonOfTheRisingS: 9:02am On Feb 14, 2021
Operations Search & Flush Out Miyetti Allah fulani Terrorist groups in Biafra forests and bushes.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by Chepos1(m): 9:03am On Feb 14, 2021
They can settle in Benue Zone A&B which belong to the TIV and not Zone C.
They can't even try to settle in Agatu cus those guys are fully ready for them.

MrBachelor:
Ortom spoke for himself, and not for his people. The overwhelming majority of Benue indigene would rather not have Fulani herdsmen on their land.

shiffynaani:
I detest that Orton man. You are still grappling with the remnants of Fulani violence and yet you still dey talk say make dem come. Asslicker

Steve28:

id4sho:
BENUE AGAIN

2 Likes

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:03am On Feb 14, 2021
Is Ortom sure he consulted his people before coming to this stupefying agreement?

The blood shed in Agatu is still crying for appeasement, and he wants to welcome back the evil that took the thousands of lives in his state?

May this design not come to pass!

4 Likes

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by KEVIND: 9:08am On Feb 14, 2021
Is Benue home to Fulani herdsmen?

1 Like

Re: Gombe, Benue, Adamawa, Zamfara Ready To Receive Returning Herdsmen by sweetonugbu: 9:10am On Feb 14, 2021
Ortom is a big farmer with enough land, he can afford to dash out some portion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Silence On Zoning, Successor Unsettles APC / President Buhari Swears-In 6 New INEC Commissioners (Photos) / NAVMC Mass Production Of The ATV (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.