Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,974 members, 7,835,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban (18126 Views)

Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee / Naira Hits N860/$ Record Low On Black Market Ahead Of Central Bank Meeting / SEC To Regulate Crypto Assets And Blockchain-related Activities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by merits(m): 12:28pm On Feb 14, 2021
G

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Maskyy(m): 12:29pm On Feb 14, 2021
Ggn
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by GeneralPula: 12:31pm On Feb 14, 2021
nextBIGthing:
Pls does anyone knows how I can cashout my bitcoin to Naira ??

Yes..

Go to paxful.com or localbitcoins
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by mmsen: 12:31pm On Feb 14, 2021
Sounds like the CBN did not consult with anybody before they announced this nonsense.

And if Nigeria is so worried about 'terrorism' why has religion not been 'regulated' or even banned, after all that is what China does.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by GeneralPula: 12:32pm On Feb 14, 2021
munachiso58:
i dont understand.....can someone explain this the more

What do you want to understand?

Crypto or the ban? If crypto, what would you like to know?
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by blamingthedevil: 12:34pm On Feb 14, 2021
Johnnyessence:
Nigeria is now the second largest nation in the world trading bitcoin.
That is not reasonable compare to our economy.
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by johnmartus(m): 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2021
Then you can take water.
Johnnyessence:
I have edit it. so what's your problem.
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by toscodet(m): 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2021
If u can work or invest for just two years and earn 57m within dis two years, please send interested to this email: toscodet@yahoo.com.just for serious people please.
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by GeneralPula: 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2021
BoboNogoDie:
Jokest grin

In the last 24 hours, most popular coins have appreciated by at least 10%

Government is only pained that people are now wiser and want to have control of their money.

Last year, eith was around 100k, betecee was around 5m.
At this moment, betecee is around 23m while eith is around 850k. That's more than 300% profit and appreciation.

Which bank will ever give you that?

People no longer want to keep their money in bank savings account. We'd rather invest it in coins.

Jahbless you bro..

It’s useless to keep your money in banks.

With crypto, you can keep your money safe while your interest would be growing..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by fowlyansh181(m): 12:36pm On Feb 14, 2021
Despite the announcement made by CBN, the Nigerian cryptocurrency community has been largely undeterred, using peer-to-peer exchange platforms to continue trading.

This right here is what I like most

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by fashrola(m): 12:36pm On Feb 14, 2021
revived:
These folks can't regulate Crypto

The earlier they understand the better

I just dunno how they think... lol

Like they will tell Blockchain what to do? hahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by CSTRR: 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2021
festacman:
The article says:
"Despite the announcement made by CBN, the Nigerian cryptocurrency community has been largely undeterred, using peer-to-peer exchange platforms to continue trading."

Why all the noise?
Because peer to peer is unsecured.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Johnnyessence(m): 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2021
blamingthedevil:

That is not reasonable compare to our economy.
it's very reasonable. Upon the ban, Nigerians are investing much on bitcoin. Do you know that bitcoin has reached $49k today. Hopefully it will reached $50k by the end of this week.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by fowlyansh181(m): 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2021
nextBIGthing:
transfer to your binance wallet , sell via p2p

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Johnnyessence(m): 12:38pm On Feb 14, 2021
johnmartus:
Then you can take water.
I will go and drink water now. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by persius555(m): 12:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
IMASTEX:
I haven't really given it attention that much but since the Nigeria government through CBN started fighting Bitcoin then shows that everyone should embrace it because the government I know are all out to fight anything or system that will liberate from financial burden. They have proven overtime to use poverty as a political tool to control the masses.

You've just defined what government is
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Johnnyessence(m): 12:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
CSTRR:

peer to peer works by getting a good trusted bitcoin seller. It works perfectly.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Johnnyessence(m): 12:41pm On Feb 14, 2021
GeneralPula:

Jahbless you bro..

It’s useless to keep your money in banks.

With crypto, you can keep your money safe while your interest would be growing..
yes, interest in crypto is growing steadily. You keep on checking it on your app on your phone.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by doxijaw: 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
IMASTEX:
I haven't really given it attention that much but since the Nigeria government through CBN started fighting Bitcoin then shows that everyone should embrace it because the government I know are all out to fight anything or system that will liberate from financial burden. They have proven overtime to use poverty as a political tool to control the masses.

Everyone should embrace it for what?

There are a variety of assets to invest in apart from crypto, this cult like thinking of you people will switch fast when bitcoin eventually dumps grin

I'm thinking 12k grin
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Johnnyessence(m): 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
SatantheDestroy:
leave the idiots. its like saying you want to regulate air cheesy cheesy
exactly you get the point.
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by toscodet(m): 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
If u can work or invest for just two years and earn 57m within dis two years, please send interested to this email: toscodet@yahoo.com.just for serious people please.please don't doubt this
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by festacman(m): 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
CSTRR:

Ok.
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by descartes400: 12:44pm On Feb 14, 2021
IMASTEX:

Your reasoning not sound!

From your logic one could infere that since the Nigeria Government through its instruments started and or has been fighting against Yahoo then every one should embrace Yahoo since engaging in Yahoo will liberate from financial burden. If the government take a position FOR, everyone should take a position AGAINST, vis a viz.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by shevy878: 12:47pm On Feb 14, 2021
Johnnyessence:
Nigeria is now the second largest nation in the world trading bitcoin.
Without the North getting involved, cos they don't do Bitcoin. Just half of our population & were are still leading the world. Wow!
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by payloader(m): 12:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
nextBIGthing:
Contact Ugochukwu L F Nwosu on facebook. He buys and sells bitcoins and others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 15.5% To Curb Rising Inflation / NDIC Places Properties Of 8 Liquidated Mfbs For Sale (see List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.