Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,167 members, 7,849,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

Which Guarantees Higher Returns Website Or App? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Guarantees Higher Returns Website Or App? (624 Views)

Are You A Programmer Or App Developer Who Wish To Work Remotely For A US Company / Poly Network Hacker Returns $342 Million Of Stolen Assets / Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Guarantees Higher Returns Website Or App? by Pochettino(f): 7:34pm On Feb 14, 2021
I want to monetize an e-business idea.

I only have funds for one option, so I'd like to know, which guarantees me more revenue through traffic?

Website or app?
Re: Which Guarantees Higher Returns Website Or App? by Donpre(m): 8:23pm On Feb 14, 2021
Depends on what your business is.

I would say a website as it can be reached across multiple devices and operating system. You would only have to maintain one code base unlike apps that would need maintenance across multiple platforms.

You could plan ahead and build your website on REST APIs, that way half the work for the app if you ever come back to do that would be done already.

2 Likes

Re: Which Guarantees Higher Returns Website Or App? by GeneralDae: 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2021
Website first, then as the business grows App comes in.

5 Likes

Re: Which Guarantees Higher Returns Website Or App? by Pochettino(f): 10:08pm On Feb 14, 2021
Donpre:
Depends on what your business is.

I would say a website as it can be reached across multiple devices and operating system. You would only have to maintain one code base unlike apps that would need maintenance across multiple platforms.

You could plan ahead and build your website on REST APIs, that way half the work for the app if you ever come back to do that would be done already.

Thanks
Re: Which Guarantees Higher Returns Website Or App? by Pochettino(f): 10:08pm On Feb 14, 2021
GeneralDae:
Website first, then as the business grows App comes in.

Thanks
Re: Which Guarantees Higher Returns Website Or App? by ChocolateWine(f): 5:11am On Feb 15, 2021
Very much depends on the business.

Some business would require going straight to app and no web at all (e.g Uber)

Some require only web and some a combination of the two.

A better analysis of your business would determine.

1 Like

Re: Which Guarantees Higher Returns Website Or App? by elfico(m): 9:50am On Mar 13, 2021
PWA will give you a website and an 'app' until you can invest in an app.
Re: Which Guarantees Higher Returns Website Or App? by Karleb(m): 9:07am On Mar 14, 2021
The correct answer is the one you know very well.

(1) (Reply)

Website Developer Needed Asap / What Is The Cost Of Building An MVP Version Of Your Mobile App? / The Best Programming Language Is The One You Know How To Use.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.