Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors (18671 Views)

We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors / 'Don’t Attack Mbaka' - Peter Obi / Peter Obi: Don’t Attack Anybody Or Make Trouble On My Behalf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by agwom(m): 6:22am On Feb 17, 2021
The Northern States Governors Forum (NSGF), on Monday, asked people in the North not to take revenge on Southerners living in any part of the North, saying such action will not solve the current problem the country is facing.

The forum said no provocation should make anyone attack people in the region, assuring that it was doing everything possible to address the problem that happened to Northerners in Oyo State.

Governor Simon Bako Lalong of Plateau State who is the chairman of the forum, made the appeal during a meeting between the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) and NSGF at the Plateau State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja.

The forum was reacting to the recent crisis between Yoruba and Hausa traders in Sasha Market, Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.

Gov Lalong said, “This meeting becomes necessary and has become part of our engagement since the issue of threat on quit notice began from different groups in the country. We engage leaders from the North to find solutions and calm down the current tension following the crisis that erupted in Oyo State.

“There is no gain in taking revenge on Southerners living in the North. We have sent a delegation to Oyo to ascertain the situation and the truth about what happened. By God’s grace we will get to the bottom of the problem. The country belongs to all of us. We don’t want people to tell others to leave the region. This is totally unacceptable.

“We just came back from Kaduna after meeting with stakeholders from the North West and security agencies. So, our discussion with Northern Elders Forum this evening is fruitful. We had agreement on how to find out ways to calm down the North and assure our Northern brothers that measures are being taken. We also talked about what the states and federal government should do regarding the problem.”

In his remarks, NEF’s spokesman, Hakeem Baba Ahmed, while asking the people from the North to exercise restraint, called on the leaders from the Southern part of the country, especially the governors, to give fair treatment to Northerners residing in the South.

Ahmed said, “We came here to lay down the complaints for the Northerners and seek for support, and we got assurance that they are on top of the situation. The Northern elders have been consistent that people from the North should not take the law into their hands.”

https://dailytrust.com/ethnic-crisis-dont-attack-southerners-in-the-north-northern-govs

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Smileall(m): 6:24am On Feb 17, 2021
Nice FTC!!!
Two wrongs can never make a right
Well, that's only if they would listen
Who would join me to celebrate my first front-page FTC on nairaland

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Akanoloriyomi: 6:25am On Feb 17, 2021
Great advice from the governors, we need peace already

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by chatinent: 6:25am On Feb 17, 2021
This is just the beginning.

We will know how water take enter melon soon.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Fahdiga(m): 6:25am On Feb 17, 2021
That will be the end of one Nigeria

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by LegendHero(m): 6:26am On Feb 17, 2021
Northern governors should rather re-orientate Northerners traveling to the South on the need for them to refrain from using violence as the the first resort during disagreements.

If the Hausa man continue to use stabbing as a scores settling mechanism, they will always have problems with their host.

Lesson learnt for both sides. RIP to the victims and let’s rebuild Sasha market.

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by DenreleDave(m): 6:30am On Feb 17, 2021
Shame on alll Igbos igbos that wants a War in yoruba land.... Shame on you all..

No war will be fought here... Maybe we and hausa will fight in the East and scatter everywhere but not anywhere in SW

God bless yorubas

Edited: Only the guilty igbos will quote me..... Better Igbo men will agree with me that I said the truth........ Ipob is a cankerworm to the Igbo progress....

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Make we no fight oooo, all na cruise

See as Igbos Don full my mentions grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by valarmorghulis: 6:34am On Feb 17, 2021
DenreleDave:
Shame on alll Igbos igbos that wants a War in yoruba land.... Shame on you all..

No war will be fought here...

God bless yorubas
Those people really masturbated on that ibadan issue, it was like second Xmas to them

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by QuotaSystem: 6:43am On Feb 17, 2021
Northerners have proven they're not savage, impulsive anarchists like they've been stereotyped for decades.

There are however, several ways to skin a cat.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Gandollaar(f): 6:45am On Feb 17, 2021
DenreleDave:

No war will be fought here...

God bless yorubas
Look at this weakling!!

Such display of early morning madness!

Was it Igbos that killed 500 hausa people in Oyo?

So you have only been praying that those you killed should not retaliate?

And you are the same one harassing helinues because he didn't support Sunday Igboho.

SIMP oshi!

135 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Jack005(m): 6:45am On Feb 17, 2021
Attacking southerners in the north will only compound issues and can lead to the end of this contraption called nigga area. The north have more to lose if naija breaks up and the governors are aware if this fact, hence trying to maintain law and order by all means possible.

36 Likes

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Monogamy: 6:46am On Feb 17, 2021
Best way to go.

Northerners should also compromise this time
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Gandollaar(f): 6:46am On Feb 17, 2021
valarmorghulis:

Those people really masturbated on that ibadan issue, it was like second Xmas to them
Another cretin...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by PureMe01: 6:47am On Feb 17, 2021
Only people who don't know whatsup will blindly commend the northern governors...they are simply protecting their #ONENIGERIA parasitism on nigerDelta oil.
They surely know that's a trap ahead which IPOB especially wants them to roll into.If they ever try to retaliate,that's the END of Nigeria which they know and don't want.
Their resolute resistance to retaliation despite the high provocation is 'cos their main ally,the Yorubas have deserted them.This is no more 1967!

147 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Gandollaar(f): 6:50am On Feb 17, 2021
QuotaSystem:
Kudos to our northern brethren for not being predictable and violently impulsive. There are however, several ways to skin a cat.
Gone are the days when the monopoly of violence was the exclusive reserve of fulani.

Now they know better!

Skin a rat?

Must involve bloodshed..

Bring it on and stop whining like a rejected first wife.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by ContentedK: 6:56am On Feb 17, 2021
QuotaSystem:
Northerners have proven they're not savage, impulsive anarchists like they've been stereotyped for decades.

There are however, several ways to skin a cat.
that’s what they are.. so all the unprovoked killings they’ve been doing to the Biafrans from time immemorial should now be forgotten.. they are just scared of the disintegration of zoogeria

51 Likes

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by QuotaSystem: 6:56am On Feb 17, 2021
Gandollaar:
Gone are the days when the monopoly of violence was the exclusive reserve of fulani.

Now they know better!

Skin a rat?

Must involve bloodshed..

Bring it on and stop whining like a rejected first wife.

Not a single Fulani was attacked last time we checked, just poor, defenceless Hausa traders. Where is Iskilu Wakili?

Regardless of your taunt, Arewa will continue to shame and disappoint your kind that wants to the the Nation go up in flames so you can escape your inconsequential, irrelevant 2nd class status. Regardless, there are several ways to skin a cat.

Gandollaar:
I see!

Indeed you see.

Don't get carried away and crack your bony chest.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by MOLOTOVcockTAIL(m): 6:57am On Feb 17, 2021
I
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Gandollaar(f): 6:59am On Feb 17, 2021
PureMe01:
Only people who don't know whatsup will commend the northern governors...they are simply protecting their #ONENIGERIA parasitism on nigerDelta oil.
They surely know if that's a trap.If they ever try to retaliate,that's the END of Nigeria which they know and don't want.
Their retaliation is 'cos their main ally,the Yorubas have deserted them.
Them know everyone is ready for them in every zone. Nobody should be fooled. Bauchi governor already told the world their mindset.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Tranquillity360: 6:59am On Feb 17, 2021
Am not saying they should attack or not attack.But if they want to attack,they better attack only their yoba brothers.

Because attack on any Igbo man,the zoo will burn.

What happened in 2001 will be a child play,anyway no need to tell them because they already know.
Since 2001 their fvck was treated in Aba,Onisha and some other part,the continuous attack on Igbos stopped.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Gandollaar(f): 7:00am On Feb 17, 2021
QuotaSystem:

Not a single Fulani was attacked last time we checked, just poor, defenceless Hausa traders. Where is Iskilu Wakili?

I see!

Very convenient to separate fulani and hausas now.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Resurrection212: 7:04am On Feb 17, 2021
What kind useless talk is that .who is right and wrong.
You see southern don't even say anything regard reprisal attack. That silent mean everyone is tired of hausa Fulani issues.
Smileall:
Nice!!!
Two wrongs can never make a right
Well, that's only if they would listen

3 Likes

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 17, 2021
Gandollaar:
Look at this weakling!!

Such display of early morning madness!

Was it Igbos that killed 500 hausa people in Oyo?

So you have only been praying that those you killed should not retaliate?

And you are the same one harassing helinues because he didn't support Sunday Igboho.

SIMP oshi!

Are you the brother of DJ Witch Switch ? You definitely share lying and propagandist DNA with her. Why not 5000? Why stop at 500? What do you gain from this behaviour we all know is deliberate?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by QuotaSystem: 7:07am On Feb 17, 2021
Gandollaar:
I see!

Very convenient to separate fulani and hausas now.

We remain one and the same, and this recent attack has reset the brains of the Hausas you Igbos were trying to brainwash into disunity with the Fulanis. They can now see that the south does not differentiate when they want to unleash their bloody, bigoted, murderous savagery.

Still does not change the fact that the Ibadan cowards chose soft targets to attack instead of their Fulani oppressors in their backyards, so all your gloating and empty chestbeating is nothing but a celebration of high cowardice.

Resurrection212:
People like you should be totally disregarded. Attention seeking.

You've been noticed, now swerve.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Resurrection212: 7:08am On Feb 17, 2021
People like you should be totally disregarded. Attention seeking.
QuotaSystem:

Regardless of your taunt, Arewa will continue to shame and disappoint your kind that wants to the the Nation go up in flames so you can escape your inconsequential, irrelevant 2nd class status. Regardless, there are several ways to skin a cat.

Indeed you see.

7 Likes

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Sonnobax15(m): 7:11am On Feb 17, 2021
shocked

Wait wait.... Please someone very close to those mallams causing trouble should call them to other...

If they chase us from north and we pay them back by chasing their brothers from the south,now tell me,who go buy our scrab ?Who go amend my shoe if e cast ?Who go gimme both pedicure and manicure treatments if my toe and finger nails need cleaning ?And las las, na who go sell kunu for me

So abeg, before you peoy think of chasing one another,make una try reconsider the ills of the kind of marathon wey una wor subject us to

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by sweetonugbu: 7:11am On Feb 17, 2021
Good

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Gandollaar(f): 7:11am On Feb 17, 2021
Oshigun:

Are you the brother of DJ Witch Switch ? You definitely share lying and propagandist DNA with her. Why not 5000? Why stop at 500? What do you gain from this behaviour we all know is deliberate?
I don't care if the figure is 5000.

The Shasha market is a stone throw from where my friend and her family live. She said death toll was over 500. She is almost an eye witness and I believe her and I'm happy with her account! Nonsense!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by walozanga(m): 7:11am On Feb 17, 2021
Good as una talk am bt I know there has been alot of lessons learnt especially when the yorubas has reacted. U won't want a general heat from the south, we understand.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by LandMann: 7:12am On Feb 17, 2021
They won't... Not while their own is president.. they'll patiently wait until the next regime to revisit this and then the cycle of poverty and underdevelopment continues thanks to an extremely rotten and corrupt power grabbing political class... It's time we dissolve this forced union

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Attends Funeral Of Dapo Abiodun's Dad / Aisha Buhari Arrives Burkina Faso For A Seminar On Cancer(photos) / Southern Presidency: I Won’t Join Issues With Clerk, Others – Okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.