Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,604 members, 7,851,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:47 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala And Nigerian Men - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala And Nigerian Men (315 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Throwback Photo Of Peter Obi, Dangote, Ngozi Iweala And Jim Ovia / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Buhari Meet At The AU 31st Meeting In Mauritania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala And Nigerian Men by ngoziclara: 2:58pm On Feb 19, 2021
I have read several social media posts from many Nigerian men telling women to emulate Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, dress like her and stop being slay queens.

FIRSTLY, I actually agree that we should emulate NOI our new WTO DG. Her achievements are tremendously inspiring.

But, if all women emulate her now, you people will also come back to social media to complain that women are no longer staying at home and cooking for their husbands and children.
You will say women are just traveling around the world, working on their careers and abandoning their homes.

Most of you men don't even know what you want. If you want a woman like NOI, there are many out there. Many decent career women are there. But you must also be ready to give her all the freedom NOI's family gave her to grow her career.
25 years in World Bank and 2-term Finance Minister no be for mouth oo.

Most times NOI had late night meetings in Aso Rock and other places and couldn't return home for the night.

We love Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and she inspires many of us. But, every woman cannot be like her and NO woman can be her except her!

SECONDLY, I wonder a lot, why men like to police women and tell them how they should live their lives? Why?
As if the lives of men are so perfect! How many problems do women even cause?

The energy put in policing women, if men use it to police themselves and their fellow men, the world will be a safe and stress-free place to live in.

We have a lot of bandits terrorizing us. They are ALL MEN!

We have hoodlums mugging people everyday. 99% Men!

We have thugs in our motor parks, 99.9% men!

We have rapists everywhere raping women and little girls! Rapists are 90% men!
We have governors stealing and looting Nigeria dry, ALL Men!

We have lawmakers robbing constituency allowances, 89% men!

We have local govt chairmen looting at the LGA level, 90% men!

We have MEN getting women pregnant and abandoning their kids to suffer alone with their mothers, forgetting that fathers play important roles in the lives of children.

There are too many problems men bring upon Nigerians EVERYDAY. We should all be worried about that! Proper training of boys and young men should be talked about EVERYDAY!

So, men should start policing themselves and be better persons so that our nation can be a better place.

The clothes women wear is not what is taking Nigeria backwards. It is bad leadership and men make up 95% of the leaders in Nigeria!

Thank you!

Written by: Ngozi Clara Opara

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala And Nigerian Men by istina: 3:39pm On Feb 19, 2021
Most naija men are hypocrites
Most naija men have chased away their own 'Ngozi' a long time ago because of their impatience, mistrust and their'African man mentality'
And they will now come and say women should be like Ngozi.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala And Nigerian Men by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 19, 2021
True, most Nigerian women can not be like her.

I don't know what is special about her but anyway, she is a good role model for women. Sometimes, i wonder if she is the only educated Nigerian woman we have, it makes me think, no competition for her at all.

The reason why we want Nigerian women to emulate her is because most Nigerian women are going toward the way of only fashion, entertainment and Instagram.

To be sincere, i have wondered why we educate women if what most do is to marry after spending unnecessary money on school fess.

From what i have seen, most women who follow ngozi path are mostly those who studied abroad.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala And Nigerian Men by Sikay19(m): 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
Frustration poured out. Your points are understood but then you can't blame us. You lots take advise from the likes of Bobrisky, Toke Makinwa, Tonto Dikeh but you wish to be like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. The joke is on you cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala And Nigerian Men by Zooposki(f): 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2021
Sikay19:
Frustration poured out. Your points are understood but then you can't blame us. You lots take advise from the likes of Bobrisky, Toke Makinwa, Tonto Dikeh but you wish to be like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. The joke is on you cheesy

Mother Earth will become paradise again once it goes back to its default settings(only women), or you think the Bible don’t know what it is talking about when it says there will be no marriage in heaven. Men are the defective products of women. It is in the Chromosomal DNA: women (X X: 1000,1000 still intact). Men (X y:1000 800 decreased now to 1000:78)
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala And Nigerian Men by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 19, 2021
You will not find them here, bunch of hypocrites.

I've learnt not to listen to the shenanigans of useless mails.

(1) (Reply)

. / Could This Be The Reason Sen.smart Called Ikpeazu Champagne Drinking Gov?(video) / Just In: Fg Extends Work From Home Directive For Gl12 Officers, Below

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.