Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,002 members, 7,852,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:43 PM

Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland (2825 Views)

I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate / Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— / Anything But Cow Day: Afenifere, Adams, Igboho To Launch Campaign Against Beef (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by Ideadoctor(m): 7:33am On Feb 23, 2021
TAO11:
A Quick Clarification To The OP’s Topic:

(1) The actual name is Gaha (ga-ha), NOT Gaa.

(2) “Bashorun Gaha” is NOT the name of an office.

(3) The word “Bashorun” is the name of the office.

(4) “Gaha” is the name of an historical personage who once occupied that office.

(5) “Gaha” was a Bashorun who is remembered in Oyo’s history as having abused that office.

(6) The official prefix for a Bashorun’s name is “Iba” (roughly meaning: “Lord” ).

(7) The Bashorun serves two broad roles, namely that:

(A) He is the highest officer in the Oyo Mesi — the highest Council of State.

(B) He also serves as the Generalissimo of the Kingdom.

(8 ) One of the most beloved (if not the most powerful) Bashorun in Oyo’s history was the Bashorun Yau-Yamba.

(9) Yau-Yamba’s name alone sends chills down the spine of Oyo’s enemy combatants.

(10) An Oyo tradition (confirmed by contemporaneous Dahomean written sources) says that:

Agaja (the then Dahomean King) burnt down his own capital city of Abomey and hid himself and his people away in the thicket of the forest. He did this when he learnt that an Oyo Cavalry led by the Bashorun Yau Yamba was headed for Dahomey.

Agaja’s goal was to minimize the inevitable casualties to be conceded by the Dahomean Army.

(11) The infamous Bashorun Gaha is himself said to have descended from the family line of the great and beloved Bashorun Yau Yamba.

(12) In contrast to the office of “Bashorun”, the office of “Are Ona Kakanfo” was created much later in the course of Oyo’s history.

(13) The Are Ona Kakanfo is squarely dedicated to warfare unlike the Bashorun who has a dual role.

(14) The official prefix for an Are Ona Kakanfo’s name is also “Iba” (roughly meaning: “Lord” ).

(15) The Are Ona Kakanfo is one of the members of the “Esho” troops who are the Alaafin’s imperial and noble guards.

(16) The “Esho” troops (numbering 70) are outstanding soldiers/commanders selected from the vast cavalry (i.e. sàrùmí) and infantry of the kingdom.

(17) The office of the Are Ona Kakanfo is occupied by the highest ranking Esho officer from among the 70.

(18) The Are Ona Kakanfo reports directly to the Alaafin through the highest Council of State — that is, through the Oyo Mesi which is headed by the Bashorun.

(19) The Bashorun (in his military capacity) thus acted as Generalissimo, while the Are Ona Kakanfo operated as a Field Marshal.

Cheers!

Cc: ijebuwoman, illicit, nisai, Ideadoctor, Balogunodua, LegendHero, SuperBold, SaintBeehot, gomojam, DenreleDave, reallest, TimeManager, RuggedSniper, haffaze777, googi, forgiveness, Lifestone
Tao11 is back, I miss you jor, where have you been na?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by TAO11(f): 11:09am On Feb 23, 2021
Ideadoctor:
Tao11 is back, I miss you jor, where have you been na?
Smiles. Thank you @Ideadoctor. I’ve been busy with work ni jarey. How are you?
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by nisai: 11:35am On Feb 23, 2021
TAO11:
I’m good jarey. How are you too?

The Bini liars chose to learn the hard way.

I simply helped them achieve their choice.
grin grin grin

I am good, Omo iya mi. I really appreciate your effort.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by Ideadoctor(m): 1:04pm On Feb 23, 2021
TAO11:
Smiles. Thank you @Ideadoctor. I’ve been busy with work ni jarey. How are you?
am fine here, yeah, man must work, I understand, so how is work?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by TAO11(f): 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2021
Ideadoctor:
am fine here, yeah, man must work, I understand, so how is work?
Going good. Thanks. smiley

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2021
BASHORUN GAA IS THE BULLDOG OF YORUBA LAND. AND IT MEANS IGBOHO.
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 2:02pm On Feb 23, 2021
BASHORUN GAA IS THE BULLDOG OF YORUBA LAND. AND IT MEANS IGBOHO. IT'S A HUNTING AND ALERT BULLDOG FOR ONAKANKANFO AND AMOTEKUN
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 2:04pm On Feb 23, 2021
BASHORUN GAA IS THE BULLDOG OF YORUBA LAND. AND IT MEANS IGBOHO. IT'S A HUNTING AND ALERT BULLDOG FOR ONAKANKANFO AND AMOTEKUN. IT'S A HIGHLY HONOURABLE TITLE.
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2021
AbaLion:
-Lion

BULLDOG.
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2021
Omuaro38:
Hmmm this won't end well oooo grin

WHY?
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 2:09pm On Feb 23, 2021
Hardgun:
Yes

GOOD.
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2021
Omuaro38:

I see another Ilorin situation loading cheesy cheesy cheesy

WAIT THERE. HE WILL DELIVER ILORIN BACK TO YORUBA SOON.
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by 7lives: 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2021
illicit:
There's nothing like Basorun Gaa of Yoruba, only Oyo

Don't spoil the joke make we laugh small na grin grin, Bashorun G'aa was even more crazier than Afonja.
There's no title called G"aa in Yoruba land, G'aa is just the head of Oyomesi, he is a prime minister who seized the Alafin's throne during those days of constitutional crisis in Oyo empire.
G'aa is a mayhem, the werey wey G'aa unleashed on Oyo folks can only be understand, by those who understood the role of El Temur, in Kdrama series Empress Ki.
Alafin Aole, Alafin Oronpoto, Afonja and Bashorun G'aa I don't know which one is more crazier
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by 7lives: 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2021
Lifestone:
I dont know if the OP is familiar with the History of the Old Oyo empire and who the personality of Bashorun Gaa is.
He was a terrible Prime Minister

grin grin grin.
Combinations of Buhari, Abacha, Fulani herdsmen, Igboho, Shekau grin grin grin
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2021
THE WORST HE IS DOING NOW IS TO BORROW MONEY FOR MACBAN NEFARIOUS BUSINESS OF RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY IN NIGERIA.
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2021
Lighthousetechn:
Call us for your professional cctv installation, electrical wiring & fittings, audio system, firm alarm, video doorbell etc. We don't compromise with the quality of our services.

YOU WILL SEE THE ANUS OF CHICKENS IN THEIR CAGES.
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by 7lives: 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2021
TAO11:
A Quick Clarification To The OP’s Topic:

(1) The actual name is Gaha (ga-ha), NOT Gaa.

(2) “Bashorun Gaha” is NOT the name of an office.

(3) The word “Bashorun” is the name of the office.

(4) “Gaha” is the name of an historical personage who once occupied that office.

(5) “Gaha” was a Bashorun who is remembered in Oyo’s history as having abused that office.

(6) The official prefix for a Bashorun’s name is “Iba” (roughly meaning: “Lord” ).

(7) The Bashorun serves two broad roles, namely that:

(A) He is the highest officer in the Oyo Mesi — the highest Council of State.

(B) He also serves as the Generalissimo of the Kingdom.

(8 ) One of the most beloved (if not the most powerful) Bashorun in Oyo’s history was the Bashorun Yau-Yamba.

(9) Yau-Yamba’s name alone sends chills down the spine of Oyo’s enemy combatants.

(10) An Oyo tradition (confirmed by contemporaneous Dahomean written sources) says that:

Agaja (the then Dahomean King) burnt down his own capital city of Abomey and hid himself and his people away in the thicket of the forest. He did this when he learnt that an Oyo Cavalry led by the Bashorun Yau Yamba was headed for Dahomey.

Agaja’s goal was to minimize the inevitable casualties to be conceded by the Dahomean Army.

(11) The infamous Bashorun Gaha is himself said to have descended from the family line of the great and beloved Bashorun Yau Yamba.

(12) In contrast to the office of “Bashorun”, the office of “Are Ona Kakanfo” was created much later in the course of Oyo’s history.

(13) The Are Ona Kakanfo is squarely dedicated to warfare unlike the Bashorun who has a dual role.

(14) The official prefix for an Are Ona Kakanfo’s name is also “Iba” (roughly meaning: “Lord” ).

(15) The Are Ona Kakanfo is one of the members of the “Esho” troops who are the Alaafin’s imperial and noble guards.

(16) The “Esho” troops (numbering 70) are outstanding soldiers/commanders selected from the vast cavalry (i.e. sàrùmí) and infantry of the kingdom.

(17) The office of the Are Ona Kakanfo is occupied by the highest ranking Esho officer from among the 70.

(18) The Are Ona Kakanfo reports directly to the Alaafin through the highest Council of State — that is, through the Oyo Mesi which is headed by the Bashorun.

(19) The Bashorun (in his military capacity) thus acted as Generalissimo, while the Are Ona Kakanfo operated as a Field Marshal.

Cheers!

Cc: ijebuwoman, illicit, nisai, Ideadoctor, Balogunodua, LegendHero, SuperBold, SaintBeehot, gomojam, DenreleDave, reallest, TimeManager, RuggedSniper, haffaze777, googi, forgiveness, Lifestone

Thank you for this explanation, God bless you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2021
illicit:
There's nothing like Basorun Gaa of Yoruba, only Oyo

OONI WILL RATIFY IT FOR ODUDUWA.
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2021
Lifestone:
I dont know if the OP is familiar with the History of the Old Oyo empire and who the personality of Bashorun Gaa is.

SATANIC OR NOT HE IS A LEGIT BULLDOG OF YORUBA MOVES.
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by orisa37: 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2021
Lifestone:

SATANIC OR NOT HE IS A LEGIT BULLDOG OF YORUBA MOVES. HIS MESSAGE IS ALWAYS APPROVED FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES.
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by mbaise1000: 2:56pm On Feb 23, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
IamWonderful:
He is not a whoremonger and fraudster fugitive like your lord and savior Kanu Nnamdi that ran away inside car boot with goats and basket of tomatoes.

Are you saying that mr rafiu is a liar?
You just betrayed mr sunday, why are you doing this to a man who is standing WHERE your lords are bowing caps in hand.?
Re: Sunday Igboho To Become New Bashorun Gaa Of Yorubaland by HonLord: 3:46pm On Feb 23, 2021
mike404:
JUST ASK HELINUES AKA IAMWONDERFUL AKA MONOGAMY AKA OMUARO WHAT IS THE ACTUAL MEANING OF OMUARO IN IGBO LANGUAGE. THESE GUYS ARE ON A SERIOUS MISSION TO SCATTER SOUTHERN NIGERIA AND IT’S QUITE UNFORTUNATE THAT OUR WILLING TOOLS DOWN HERE ARE DANCING TO THEIR TUNE sad

thank you for noticing this Dictator Buhari keyboard. The one (Helinues/Iamwonderful/monogamy/omuaro etc) is just one Femi Adesina internet warriors receiving N35,000 as salary and be making noise on this forum as if he is working with MOBIL Nig. Unlimited.

They only makes noise here while their village is been ravaged by HERDSMEN. Nnamdi Kanu is a Million Warriors that even the FG is afraid to challenge in any competent court. they only have power in Nig. court where Tanker Mohammed is the CJN and has been silenced by Covid-19 since middle of 2020.
This Internet RAT thinks he is doing well, and is recognized by Buhari. Hahahahaha - If Aisha can run away from Aso Rock, nobody is safe in the North & West; go to the EAST and sleep well without fear of Fulani or their fellow supporter of APC Military slaves.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Busts AGF Mallami Using VPN And Doing Cryptocurrencies. / Plateau/ Southern Kaduna People, Did We Make A Mistake By Welcoming Strangers? / Day After Buhari Puts Him In Charge, Osinbajo Summons NNPC Executives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.