Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria (8211 Views)

7 Land Tenure System In Nigeria: Its Categories And Characteristics / Understanding Land Tenure System In Nigeria / Benefits Of Having CCTV Systems In Homes And Offices - Kinesthouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by CotenantNIG: 6:14pm On Feb 22, 2021
In Nigeria, land tenure systems vary from villages, towns or cities. The thought behind land residency framework in Nigeria is to control land possession conduct in the country.

We're going to talk about the following:

Tenants at Government Will
A tenancy-at-will is a property tenure that can be terminated at any time by either the tenant or the owner/landlord. It exists without a contract or lease and usually does not specify the duration of a tenant’s rental or the exchange of payment. The agreement is governed by state law and the terms can vary by state, though federal law comes into play in cases of discrimination

Rent Tenure System
In the rental tenure system, the tenant shall pay a certain amount for the period of use of the land to the named landlord. The rental period is relatively short compared to the lease system. Although this system discourages long-term plans on the part of the tenant.

Gift Tenure System
Gift land ownership scheme in which land rights are freely granted to an individual by the owner. It may be used as a source for a loan from financial institutions by the new owner, although land ownership may be revoked by a court order.

Inheritance Tenure System
In inheritance tenure system, land ownership is transferred at the death of the main owner to the next of kin. This system provides for children yet unborn but sometimes land allocation may lead to conflicts among beneficiaries and other family members.

Communal land tenure system
Systems that combine individual/family rights to land and natural resources with group oversight and rules to keep land within the group• i.e. mixed regimes, comprising variable bundles of individual, family, sub-group and large group rights and duties
https://pwanmax.com/2021/02/22/system-of-land-tenure-in-nigeria/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by Yakhi84: 4:12am On Feb 23, 2021
I can't see FG/Herdsmen Land Tenure System on the list, or is this not Nigeria's Land Tenure System again? @OP, edit your post asap! wink

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by willyo(m): 4:16am On Feb 23, 2021
Which of the land systems hold Nigeria together?

4 Likes

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by blessochampion(m): 4:16am On Feb 23, 2021
Na God sha own everything.

1 Like

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by capitalzero: 4:27am On Feb 23, 2021
Conquerors or first settlers are owners of the land.

2 Likes

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by Olominira(m): 4:27am On Feb 23, 2021
For Nigeria to move forward, we must solve Fulani menace.

2 Likes

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by eagleeye259: 4:43am On Feb 23, 2021
Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by Princenady(m): 4:57am On Feb 23, 2021
Oo
Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by theophorus(m): 5:06am On Feb 23, 2021
What's the usefulness of this info? JSS1-3 Agriculture Lessons should contain this knowledge.
You just copy paste without additional Knowledge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by owprint: 5:07am On Feb 23, 2021
What about the Forest Occupation System??
The type that's currently causing wahala

3 Likes

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by iceberylin(m): 5:14am On Feb 23, 2021
Fulani no know this one o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by ikorodureporta: 5:21am On Feb 23, 2021
Your write-up is incomprehensive

3 Likes

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by elmessiahs(m): 5:45am On Feb 23, 2021
in the North they have their own land tenure which is in abberation to the constitution but it is still operational.
Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by 9jayes: 5:55am On Feb 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:59am On Feb 23, 2021
Confusion
Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:59am On Feb 23, 2021
elmessiahs:
in the North they have their own land tenure which is in abberation to the constitution but it is still operational.
Education pls
Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by lekki1444: 5:59am On Feb 23, 2021
cheesy this what i keep telling ndigbo. you cannot buy land anywhere in the world. its a tenure and a lease for 99 years. and in that way ndigbo land will always remain ndigbo land just as yoruba land will always remain yoruba land. so ndigbo please stop masturbating over lagos because tinubu give you a 99 year tenure and lease to use the land for 99 years. the land remain afonja land and your tenure lease can be terminated anytime
Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by TANID(m): 6:04am On Feb 23, 2021
shocked
Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by naijadrivablog: 6:06am On Feb 23, 2021
Fulani Land Tenure nko

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by DenreleDave(m): 6:09am On Feb 23, 2021
angry grin
Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by juniorstar(m): 6:11am On Feb 23, 2021
lekki1444:
cheesy this what i keep telling ndigbo. you cannot buy land anywhere in the world. its a tenure and a lease for 99 years. and in that way ndigbo land will always remain ndigbo land just as yoruba land will always remain yoruba land. so ndigbo please stop masturbating over lagos because tinubu give you a 99 year tenure and lease to use the land for 99 years. the land remain afonja land and your tenure lease can be terminated anytime
truth is no one here would be around in 99yrs time.

3 Likes

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by lekki1444: 6:15am On Feb 23, 2021
juniorstar:

truth is no one here would be around in 99yrs time.
yup thats true. although i personally intend to live till am 400 years old grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by tamdun: 6:34am On Feb 23, 2021
lekki1444:
Majority of them don't know this and if they beat chest too much, the govt may decide not to renew their documents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by lekki1444: 6:40am On Feb 23, 2021
tamdun:

Majority of them don't know this and if they beat chest too much, the govt may decide not to renew their documents
exactly
Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by adesegun121(m): 6:55am On Feb 23, 2021
Noted

Housing And Land: The Cost Of Land And Housing In Nigeria

>> https://www.nairaland.com/6414312/housing-land-cost-land-housing
Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by Justice3000(m): 7:20am On Feb 23, 2021
theophorus:
What's the usefulness of this info? JSS1-3 Agriculture Lessons should contain this knowledge.
You just copy paste without additional Knowledge.
This is meant to be in social studies and civic education for junior classes
Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 23, 2021
lekki1444:
Whether Tinubu, Dangote, Mazi Ikeagwunwankpi, Tamiwari or whosoever that sells a land/s or bought same should realise that all the whole earth resources including physical belongs to Almighty God Jehovah and he have bequeathed ALL Earth resources to his dearest son Jesus Christ on his enthronement as the King of His kingdom in 1914, this was a ceremony not seen by many human, but by those with spiritual eyes.
This enthronement ceremony was reveal by Daniel a respected prophet of Jehovah at Bible book named after him Chapter 7 verses 9-14 “I kept watching until thrones were set in place and the Ancient of Days sat down His clothing was white like snow, and the hair of his head was like clean wool. His throne was flames of fire; its wheels were a burning fire. 10 A stream of fire was flowing and going out from before him. A thousand thousands kept ministering to him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. The Court took its seat, and books were opened.13 “I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.
At end of that ceremony the WHOLE EARTH AND ITS RESOURCES WAS HANDED OVER TO JESUS CHRIST AS HIS INHERITANCE, please read Psalms chapter 2 verses 7-9 ' 7 Let me proclaim the decree of Jehovah;
He said to me: “You are my son;
Today I have become your father.
8 Ask of me, and I will give nations as your inheritance
And the ends of the earth as your possession.
9 You will break them with an iron scepter,
And you will smash them like a piece of pottery.”
Note well verse 8
Scripture quoted taken from New World Translation Of The Holy Scriptures. download for free at https://jw.org
If you desire buy a piece of land for $50billion or #1, One day no longer than necessary Jesus Christ and his Holy Ones will rightly take back what belongs to him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Systems Of Land Tenure In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 23, 2021
Yakhi84:
I can't see FG/Herdsmen Land Tenure System on the list, or is this not Nigeria's Land Tenure System again? @OP, edit your post asap! wink
majority of the land belongs to state. federal property in each state is often times maintained by the state too. I might be wrong tho

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Eyes Private Real Estate Investment To Address Housing Deficit / Construction Öf Duplex + Flats At Ajah, Lagos / *SILVERTON GARDENS 1 AREPO* 10mins Drive From Alausa. #6m Per Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.