Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,403 members, 7,850,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:17 PM

FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward (2315 Views)

IPOB On Ahmed Gulak: It’s Political Assassination, Hold Uzodinma, Not Us / IPOB On Ebubeagu: Register With New Security Outfit & Join Your Ancestors / Kemi Olunloyo: I Lectured The IPOB On Facebook Live, IPOB Remains My Servant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by ihateniggov1: 11:26am On Feb 23, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6429236/killer-herdsmen-ethnic-militants-war

Reference to the above thread

Sheik Gumi said that the militants are not bandits, that they are ethnic militants who are fighting for survival having been subject to annihilation from the Nigerian military and he urges the Nigerian Government to dialogue with them as that is the best way to resolve the situation even though the Fulanis Herdsmen/Killer has been named the fourth most dangerous terrorists group in the world.

So considering this fact, it is only logical and right if the FG isn't hypocritical and start dialoguing with IPOB since IPOB members are an ethnic group that have suffered annihilation from the Nigerian Military and are also fighting for survival.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Jerryherd: 11:43am On Feb 23, 2021
grin

5%ters sef.. feeling funky

Well to cut the crap, FG doesn't see IPOB as a threat FG sees IPOB as jokers that can be bullied anytime with Thier coward leaders always running off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 23, 2021
I agree with you. In all fairness, the federal government should dialogue with IPOB members. My only problem with them is their secession agenda. God knows I will never support such. But their other grievances should be looked into.

God bless Nigeria.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2021
Jerryherd:
grin

Well to cut the crap, FG doesn't see IPOB as a threat FG sees IPOB as jokers that can be bullied anytime with Thier coward leaders always running off

My brother, when will you stop being tribalistic? Please no be everything we go involve tribalism. I don't like IPOB, but they've got good reasons to be angry. My only issue is their secession agenda, otherwise, they deserve special attention too! Nigeria belongs to us all.

God bless Nigeria.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Jerryherd: 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2021
SilverNorGold:

My brother, when will you stop being tribalistic? Please no be everything we go involve tribalism. I don't like IPOB, but they've got good reasons to be angry. My only issue is their secession agenda, otherwise, they deserve special attention too! Nigeria belongs to us all.

God bless Nigeria.

IPOB is not a Tribe it's an Acronym for a group trying to break away from Nigeria, Independent People of Biafra, not only is ousting a flag in a sovereign country a crime , they have been proscribed and outlawed

Now kindly point out any tribe mentioned in my comment cos I believe Ibos are an Ethnic group, IPOB is a secessionist group, while Ibos have splinters of tribes.... Neither did i insult a tribe or its ethnicity

2 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Jerryherd: 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2021
SilverNorGold:
I agree with you. In all fairness, the federal government should dialogue with IPOB members. My only problem with them is their secession agenda. God knows I will never support such. But their other grievances should be looked into.

God bless Nigeria.

Ok what other grievance

Please lecture us, after all we all know Kanu's myopic demands through Radio Biafra London

*Biafra wants Buhari to proof he isn't Jubril El Sudan and for Buhari to admit he died in London
*Biafra wants to head a security apparatus in a Government it doesn't believe in and voted least for (5% total vote cast)
*Biafra want all well meaning Nigerian with PVC to always vote PDP or an Ibo man's choice

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2021
Jerryherd:

IPOB is not a Tribe it's an Acronym for a group trying to break away from Nigeria, Independent People of Biafra, not only is ousting a flag in a sovereign country a crime , they have been proscribed and outlawed

Now kindly point out any tribe mentioned in my comment cos I believe Ibos are an Ethnic group, IPOB is a secessionist group, while Ibos have splinters of tribes.... Neither did i insult a tribe or its ethnicity

My brother, there you have it.. 5%ters sef is a dysphemism for Igbo. Then "feeling funky" is belittling.. Dysphemism itself is the opposite of Euphemism, designed to belittle something or someone.. Then combining it with the "... sef... feeling funky" phrase makes it even worse.

Anyway, change your ways..

God bless Nigeria.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Jerryherd: 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2021
SilverNorGold:

My brother, there you have it.. 5%ters sef is a dysphemism for Igbo. Then "feeling funky" is belittling.. Dysphemism itself is the opposite of Euphemism, designed to belittle something or someone.. Then combining it with the "... sef... feeling funky" phrase makes it even worse.

God bless Nigeria.

To the best of my knowledge 5%ter isn't insultive, it clearly means people who voted 95% for PDP and 5% for APC yet want to dominate APC

I don't think Joe Biden would ever appoint, Trump supporters like KKK, and other Supremacist conservatives into his cabinet.. so why should Buhari?!

What IPOB needs is the bitter truth and I won't stop letting them know

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Monogamy: 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2021
Are Igbos ready for dialogue?

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2021
Jerryherd:

To the best of my knowledge 5%ter isn't insultive, it clearly means people who voted 95% for PDP and 5% for APC yet want to dominate APC

I don't think Joe Biden would ever appoint, Trump supporters like KKK, and other Supremacist conservatives into his cabinet.. so why should Buhari?!

What IPOB needs is the bitter truth and I won't stop letting them know

Good, my brother, you have admitted that it isn't insulting "to the best of your knowledge"

Now someone knowledgeable has informed you that it's wrong and insulting. That's dysphemism. We all know what "5%ters sef" means. But since you've admitted you don't know, it's fine. Learn your lesson and move on. Let there be love, peace, and justice. Nigeria belongs to us all.

God bless Nigeria.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Monogamy: 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2021
SilverNorGold:

God bless Nigeria.

Are Ipob the only group having grudges with FG? What should Niger Delta people that their oil are being milked by same FG now do?

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 23, 2021
Monogamy:

Are Ipob the only group having grudges with FG? What should Niger Delta people that their oil are being milked by same FG now do?

My brother, please go through the OP and then my reply. I am not outright justifying IPOB... But agreeing to the fact that if bandits can be negotiated with, IPOB too can be approached. However, its secessionist agenda is what I have issues with, otherwise, I agree with the OP.. I also agree with you @ the emboldened.

Please go through my comments and the OP to have a better understanding.

God bless Nigeria.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Monogamy: 12:30pm On Feb 23, 2021
SilverNorGold:

My brother, please go through the OP and then my reply. I am not outright justifying IPOB... But agreeing to the fact that if bandits can be negotiated with, IPOB too can be approached. However, its secessionist agenda is what I have issues with, otherwise, I agree with the OP.. I also agree with you @ the emboldened.

Please go through my comments and the OP to have a better understanding.

God bless Nigeria.

Are Ipob ready for dialogue?

That's the sincere question you should ask yourself..

Their blackmailing tactics is lame and dumb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Jerryherd: 12:31pm On Feb 23, 2021
SilverNorGold:

Good, my brother, you have admitted that it isn't insulting "to the best of your knowledge"

Now someone knowledgeable has informed you that it's wrong and insulting. That's dysphemism. We all know what "5%ters sef" means. But since you've admitted you don't know, it's fine. Learn your lesson and move on. Let there be love, peace, and justice. Nigeria belongs to us all.

God bless Nigeria.

To the best of my knowledge or to the best of my ability doesn't in anyway mean you are right with your sentimental analysis of 5 percenter

Why not tell us with real facts what exactly you find derogatory or degrading about 5%ters

Because I actually refrenced the President calling out the group who voted the least for his Government and somehow expected more than others

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by EzeNri(m): 12:32pm On Feb 23, 2021
Jerryherd:
grin

Says someone typing for an IDP camp in Benin Republic
Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 23, 2021
SilverNorGold:

God bless Nigeria.
Any unity forced is not unity ...right to self governance is a fundamental human right

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by backnbeta(f): 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2021
If you don't speak fulfude or Hausa language, don't expect this government to dialogue with you! These are the only languages they understand undecided

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2021
Monogamy:

Are Ipob ready for dialogue?

That's the sincere question you should ask yourself..

Their blackmailing tactics is lame and dumb

I don't know, my brother. We don't know until the government makes the move. I never believed bandits would negotiate until now... So, we shouldn't conclude yet.. Again, my major issue with IPOB is its secessionist agenda (that's because I am a greedy patriotic Nigerian).

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Jerryherd: 12:35pm On Feb 23, 2021
EzeNri:

Says someone typing for an IDP camp in Benin Republic

If I reply now IPOB apologist would try guilt trip me and call me "Tribalist"

Hypocrite can dish it but can't take it

Well EzeNri atleast My Governors are not calling Airforce to bomb us in our own land like Uzodinma did in Orlu, while other South East Governors go deaf and dumb, with ohaneze saying nothing just like the Oyigbo massacre

2 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 23, 2021
Jerryherd:

To the best of my knowledge or to the best of my ability doesn't in anyway mean you are right with your sentimental analysis of 5 percenter

Why not tell us with real facts what exactly you find derogatory or degrading about 5%ters

Because I actually refrenced the President calling out the group who voted the least for his Government and somehow expected more than others

My brother, I don't like repeating myself. If you are not able to comprehend my post, that's your issue. And most derogatory words/phrases started off as "innocent" until they metamorphosed into full-blown dysphemisms. I have enlightened you on why it's wrong and you are still insisting. Perhaps, you should reread your post and note its context, especially "5%ter sef" .. and "feeling funky"..

But I am beginning to believe you did it deliberately, considering the fact that you are doing everything possible to justify it.

Nigeria go better.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by EzeNri(m): 12:41pm On Feb 23, 2021
Jerryherd:

If I reply now IPOB apologist would try guilt trip me and call me "Tribalist"

Hypocrite can dish it but can't take it

Well EzeNri atleast My Governors are not calling Airforce to bomb us in our own land like Uzodinma did in Orlu, while other South East Governors go deaf and dumb, with ohaneze saying nothing just like the Oyigbo massacre

But your Governor is luring your people with palliatives in Ogun so that Herdsmen will finish up with the ones they initially missed.
Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Jerryherd: 12:42pm On Feb 23, 2021
SilverNorGold:

My brother, I don't like repeating myself. If you are not able to comprehend my post, that's your issue. And most derogatory words/phrases started off as "innocent" until it metamorphosed into full-blown dysphemisms. I have enlightened you on why it's wrong and you are still insisting. Perhaps, you should reread your post and note its context, especially "5%ter sef" .. and "feeling funky"..

But I am beginning to believe you did it deliberately, considering the fact that you are doing everything possible to justify it.

Nigeria go better.

Stop beating around the bush, tell us what exactly is derogatory with the word five percenter

Simple and clear

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Jerryherd: 12:43pm On Feb 23, 2021
EzeNri:

But your Governor is luring your people with palliatives in Ogun so that Herdsmen will finish up with the ones they initially missed.

Thank God we atleast have a Governor that cares unlike south east governors who said nothing while Wike locked up your people for months, Nnamdi Kanu that ran off when his people need him, or Ojuckwu that flew to Abijan with his favourite Mercedes Benz while his people starve till they surrendered

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 23, 2021
Jerryherd:

Stop beating around the bush, tell us what exactly is derogatory with the word five percenter

Simple and clear

My brother, if you still haven't grasped "a thing" from all my posts, regarding this subject matter, then you need serious help; and education too...

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Jerryherd: 12:51pm On Feb 23, 2021
SilverNorGold:

My brother, if you still haven't grasped "a thing" from all my posts, regarding this subject matter, then you need serious help; and education too...

Just as I thought you can't even prove your hypothesis

You barely spoke for the fancy of it, just like Manabbq dude

Kindly stop qouting people if you know you ain't got any fact but want to sound "funky" and impress your IPOB friends

2 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 23, 2021
Jerryherd:

You barely spoke for the fancy of it

Kindly stop qouting people if you know you ain't got any fact but want to sound "funky" and impress your IPOB friends

Of course, my brother. In the end, the accusations fall on me... Now, I am "impressing my IPOB friends".. No longer my "Fulani friends".. I no be "Hausa slave" again... cheesy

Anyway, I will never stop telling the truth..

God bless Nigeria.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Jerryherd: 12:59pm On Feb 23, 2021
SilverNorGold:

Of course, my brother. In the end, the accusations fall on me... Now, I am "impressing my IPOB friends".. No longer my "Fulani friends".. I no be "Hausa slave" again... cheesy

Anyway, I will never stop telling the truth..

God bless Nigeria.

Look man stop derailing the thread and finding crappy excuse,..

What is derogatory about five percent as you accused in your previous statement

This a forum for intellectual people, let's keep the discuss within the scope of the subject

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2021
Jerryherd:

You barely spoke for the fancy of it, just like Manabbq dude

From your comments you sound very angry!

1 Like

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2021
Jerryherd:

Look man stop derailing the thread and finding crappy excuse,..

What is derogatory about five percent as you accused in your previous statement

This a forum for intellectual people, let's keep the discuss within the scope of the subject

My brother, I thought your problem was tribalism.. Never knew ignorance was another...

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Jerryherd: 1:08pm On Feb 23, 2021
SilverNorGold:

My brother, I thought your problem was tribalism.. Never knew ignorance was another...

Lol

Am glad you barely cant even answer the simple question of how 5%ter is derogatory even after more than 4 response...

You have somehow managed to talk about everything without the core subjects of arguement, what is derogatory about 5%ter and why should Ipob get FG negotiation

Surprise me and say something intelligent on the two issue

2 Likes

Re: FG To Commence Dialogue With IPOB On The Way Forward by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2021
Jerryherd:

Lol

Am glad you barely cant even answer the simple question of how 5%ter is derogatory even after more than 4 response...

My brother, it has more to do with your poor comprehension skills. But that's not my issue. Whether you accept corrections or not, is none of my business. I have played my part. Those who find it helpful have digested it. So you can go ahead with your tribalism campaign.. But when you're ready to repent, read my posts again... For easy navigation, I have attached them below..

SilverNorGold:

God bless Nigeria.

SilverNorGold:

God bless Nigeria.

Jerryherd:

My brother, I don't like repeating myself. If you are not able to comprehend my post, that's your issue. And most derogatory words/phrases started off as "innocent" until they metamorphosed into full-blown dysphemisms. I have enlightened you on why it's wrong and you are still insisting. Perhaps, you should reread your post and note its context, especially "5%ter sef" .. and "feeling funky"..

Nigeria go better.

Jerryherd:

Let me help you comprehend what you typed ignorantly

The premesis of the arguement remains

5%ter is dysphemisms of Igbo, so I simply asked how?.. if dysphemisms means derogatory or degrading then how exactly is the word 5%ter dysphemisms or derogatory, degrading and insulting

My brother, Buhari said the zone that gave him 5% cannot be treated equally with the one that gave him 97% (which I criticized).. However, this 5% has metamorphosed into full-blown tribalistic slang for the "Igbos" being insignificant. In other words, it has taken another form. This is clearly visible in your context.. Not only you, it's now a common slang term on Nairaland used by tribalist. Even the political context was bad enough.. Now you see why I said in my previous post that most derogatory words/phrases started off as "innocent" until they metamorphosed?

44 Likes 12 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New And The Sad Business Of De-marketing Nigeria. Pic. / The Rare Video When Jeo Igbokwe House Was On Fire - VIDEO / The Killings In Igbo Land Is IPOB Not Fulani Herdsman - PASTOR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.