Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,007 members, 7,863,640 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band (294 Views)

Only 137 School Children Were Kidnapped then rescued, Not 287 - Gov Sani / Children Were Eating Leftovers During An Event Where Ebonyi Launched An Airport / El-Rufai Evicts Civil Servants From Assets, Gives Wives, Children - Peoples Gaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band by tsephanyah(f): 3:14pm On Feb 23, 2021
I joined banditry because my parents, wives, children were killed – Repentant banditPublished on February 23, 2021By Ifreke Inyang

One of the repentant bandits who surrendered their AK47 rifles and ammunition at the chamber of Zamfara Government House yesterday, Amadu Katare, has revealed that he was forced to become a bandit due to the extra-judicial killing of his parents, wives and children by local vigilantes.

Katare disclosed this when he surrendered his weapons to the State Government at the chamber of the State Government House in Gusau, Zamfara State capital.

The repentant bandit noted that there were so many people who turned to notorious bandits due to extra- judicial killings of their relatives.

“Since the coming of Governor Bello Mohammed Matawalle and the introduction of his peace movement, we have been following developments to see if it was another deceit, and we have studied the movement and decided to cease fire,” he said.

Katare, therefore, appealed to the federal and state governments to always protect the Fulani people, saying that the Fulani people are being killed on a daily basis.

“I am appealing to the state government to ensure that there is justice and the only way to restore peace is to desist from treating the Fulani people like third class citizens.”

According to him, the outlawed Yansakai members escalated the rate of banditry activities in the state, pointing out that the Yansakai members are still attacking the Fulani people even without any reason.

“There will never be any peace in any society if injustice continues to reign supreme,” he said.

Katare said that every body is believing that Fulani people are the only people responsible for banditry in the state, saying that the Yansakai members are the major problem not the Fulani’s are popularly believed.

He however assured that his group would engage other Fulani bandits to ensure that they embrace the ongoing peace accord and reconciliation process.

Responding, Governor Bello Mohammed Matawalle said that disarmament would reduce the free movement of arms and ammunition to the barest minimum in the state in particular and the country in general.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/02/23/i-joined-banditry-because-my-parents-wives-children-were-killed-repentant-bandit/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Re: Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band by Fahdiga(m): 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2021
Repentant indeed. someone that came to collect his own amnesty. northerners are hell bent on using Niger delta oil money to empower themselves while Niger deltans are wallowing in poverty and are busy insulting the Igbos
Re: Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band by Monogamy: 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2021
See justification for doing evil.
Re: Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band by tsephanyah(f): 3:25pm On Feb 23, 2021
Fahdiga:
Repentant indeed. someone that came to collect his own amnesty. northerners are hell bent on using Niger delta oil money to empower themselves while Niger deltans are wallowing in poverty and are busy insulting the Igbos
What "Oil money" Oil that is almost useless nowadays.
Re: Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2021
The op is an established Terrorist on this platform.

He might even be the one smiling with the bandit governor like he won an award
Re: Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2021
tsephanyah:
Shut up abdul

It is useless but you Terrorists are jumping on quee to receive ransom from it
Re: Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2021
You joined banditry because violence and killing is in your blood.

Those who killed your family did it because violence and killing is in their blood.

The governor who negotiated with you did so because violence and killing is in his blood.

The whole north is burning because violence and killings is in their blood.

The Arab nations are killing everyday because violence and killing is in their blood.

The terrorists are terrorising because violence and killings is in their blood.

I remembered Trump saying he is pulling out USA army out of Syria because the land has a history of blood and violence and killings in the blood of the inhabitants.

You guys can continue cajoling peace and faking stupid peace but you can never deceive us. NEVER.

Will killings ever stop in the north?
Will poverty ever stop in the north?
Will illiteracy ever stop in the north?
Will peace ever reign in the north?
Will hypocrisy ever stop in the north?

Every day, every evil news. Your attitude is the reason why we pray to separate from you one day.
We just want to be watching news about your region over the TV.
Re: Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band by BigSarah(f): 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2021
BS, absolutely bollocks
Re: Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band by Fahdiga(m): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2021
tsephanyah:
Tell that to the UAE
Re: Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band by Fahdiga(m): 3:35pm On Feb 23, 2021
Mikecold:
Shut up abdul

It is useless but you Terrorists are jumping on quee to receive ransom from it
Are you minding her. I'm sure he is a man with a female moniker. he might even be the one on the picture collecting his amnesty
Re: Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 23, 2021
Fahdiga:
Are you minding her. I'm sure he is a man with a female moniker. he might even be the one on the picture collecting his amnesty
The terrorist forgot buhari is currently pumping billions of the oil money to discover it in the barren north
Re: Joined Banditry Because My Parents, Wives, Children Were Killed – Repentant Band by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:32pm On Feb 24, 2021
See the big smile on his face like that of one who just signed a major business deal
Tsephanyah do you believe endsars protesters are wrong to protest?

(1) (Reply)

Lagos 3rd Mainland Bridge / Even Your Party Leaders Are Worried, Resign Now – Bamgbose Confronts Buhari / No Ransom Paid, I Used Repentant Bandits To Secure Release Of Zamfara Schoolgirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.