Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters (13180 Views)

Unpaid Workers Stranded At Atiku's Campaign Headquarters In Abuja (Video) / Fire Guts Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC Headquarters In Abuja / FG Agrees To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage As NLC Suspends Nationwide Strike (2) (3) (4)

Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by JosEast(m): 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2021
Civil servants working at Aguyi Ironsi area of Maitama in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, were on Wednesday morning stranded following picketing of the headquarters of Corporate Affairs Commission by Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC).

The protesters, led by NLC President, Ayuba Wabba, were in solidarity with the staff of CAC under the aegis of Amalgamated Union of Public Corporations, Civil Service Technical and Recreational Services Employees (AUPCTRE), who had accused the commission’s Registrar-General, Garba Abubakar, of stalling their promotion.

Our correspondent reports that the entrance and exits of the building were blocked as early as 8:00 am by the visibly angry protesters – a development that also restricted vehicular movement.

They insisted that they would paralyse the activities of the Commission for three days.

Addressing newsmen at the protest ground, Wabba also alleged that the CAC’s boss committed various anti-union offences, ranging from corruption, illegal redeployment of married women out of the commission, stopping staff’s promotion arrears among others.

Wabba said Abubakar brought in environmental experts to fumigate the agency for N35 million in view of the COVID-19 pandemic, including contracting someone to paint the Zone 5 annexe office for N25 million.

It would be recalled that the AUPCTRE, through its branch chairman, Comrade Ibrahim Makirfi, in an interview with Daily Trust, gave an ultimatum to the Federal Government to avert a crisis in the commission after series of letters detailing offences of the CAC boss.

“The issue we have with the Registrar-General of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) has to do with the promotion of staff of the commission and other issues.

“There are some entitlements meant for staff that are not negotiable. For instance, the issue of promotion.

“There is no motivation to any worker anywhere except promotion,” Makirfi said in an interview with Daily Trust.

https://dailytrust.com/workers-stranded-as-nlc-pickets-cac-headquarters

Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by uruurun: 3:02pm On Feb 24, 2021
Okay
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by paulolee(m): 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
this country wahala no dey finish and each sectors jus de plan demonstrations to get urgent attention from those in charge...
been visit ashana ous ths other day, my customer kept me waiting for hours...when she finally returned, she apologized dt they were in a meeting about planing a protest bcoz of lack of customers caused by bad economy..
I understand because naija too hard and am even planning to join them in dt protest bt with a facemask Mk my family people no recognize me..
I de vex abeeegi

Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by fryoobest(m): 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
When the head is rotten, other parts of the body gradually follows, a microcosm of a macrocosm. Corruption from Aso Rock reflecting in the CAC office. What shall we say than pray for God to Deliver Nigeria With Every Available Force Heaven Can Muster... Let us Pray

Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by talk2maurice(m): 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Nigeria my country
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Lovelies1: 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Hmm
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by ZUKKYY(m): 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Wahala....... Country where nothing is working..I go Lev this country for unah undecided
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Golden057(m): 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Until NLC strike against Buhari before I can take them serious, useless labour

Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Pavicx(m): 3:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
I don’t even why I opened this tab grin
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Deivid10(m): 3:04pm On Feb 24, 2021
Nothing #800 million no go see for bandit hand.
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Igwe355(f): 3:04pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ok. Why didn't they picket when fuel and electricity prices were increased.

NLC has lost its glory and has become more like a rubber stamp now.
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Commonguy(m): 3:04pm On Feb 24, 2021
any other better news on FrontPage
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by akinluyi02(m): 3:04pm On Feb 24, 2021
Wahala no dey finish for naija bad news everywhere
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by kerry57: 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2021
As usual, Nigeria jagajaga. We will get over this phase
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Loner97(m): 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2021
Corruption would hardly leave this entity we call Nigeria bcus even d common man that criticises the government at any slight oppurtunity would do worst if in the same position as the elites
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Bansempire: 3:06pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lol...so we even get labor union for this country under this dictator
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Icyexpressions: 3:07pm On Feb 24, 2021
Welcome to 9ja
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by micgray100(m): 3:07pm On Feb 24, 2021
I witnessed all the drama at CAC head quarters s today... As an agent with them..We help to Register Your Limited Liability Company for just 75k..

Trustee NGO ..150k

Business name...25k

Call or watsapp me on...0703272894one

I helped Seun register Nairaland in 2017
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by micgray100(m): 3:08pm On Feb 24, 2021
register you Limited Liability company
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Bustincole(m): 3:08pm On Feb 24, 2021
Be happy, we are getting there! grin
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by chatinent: 3:09pm On Feb 24, 2021
Hmm
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by soft101: 3:12pm On Feb 24, 2021
When did CAC become the problem? Ok, maybe internal issues.
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2021
At this stage we don't have a working policy to frustrate efforts of senior officers influence on promotion of Junior officers... it's a pitiable dismal that the process of promotion hang on your largesse to your boss in kind or any kind.
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
These corrupt compromised NLC miscreants should get the hell outta there. Nigerians no more believe in you deceitful thieves.
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by 96ACE: 3:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
Even the gods are fed up.
Nothing works in Nigeria unless there's a tincture of corruption in it.

Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by CodedMillionair: 3:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
micgray100:
I witnessed all the drama at CAC head quarters s today... As an agent with them..We help to Register Your Limited Liability Company for just 75k..

Trustee NGO ..150k

Business name...25k

Call or watsapp me on...0703272894one

I helped Seun register Nairaland in 2017

This is true, I was the middle man lol,

Economical truth!
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by salbis(m): 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
Very useless set of toothless bulldogs. NLC is an extended arm of polithiefcians.
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 24, 2021
I don't have anything to say. But all I have to say is that:

God will Punish Nnamdi Kanu and all his dissident followers

I am UdoUyo, AkpanAkwaIbom
and
I torture Igbos for a living
Please patronize me!
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by Seyi8750: 3:48pm On Feb 24, 2021

Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by lamentor78(m): 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
Buhari pretend to be a good man but his evil intentions always betrays him
Re: Workers Stranded As NLC Pickets CAC Headquarters by nemynely(m): 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2021
Painting an annex for N25m shocked shocked shocked
That must be a permanent paint. Guess there will never ever be a need to repaint.

On the other hand however, because WE ALL are complicit in matters like this, i am 1000% certain that there is no hope of redemption for this country.
If you don't agree with the indictment of being complicit, just let me know the sector you function in and I will reel out the ills, common and sharp practices that go on there and must have partook in.

Ganduje: Peter Obi’s Emergence Good Omen For APC, Minus For PDP / We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram / Defeating Boko Haram Will Be A Long Fight – US