Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products (16309 Views)

Lady Uses Her Pant As Face-Mask In A South African Supermarket (Pics) / Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products / Lagos Seals Big Boss Supermarket Over Sale Of Expired Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by FrankAkowe: 5:51am On Feb 26, 2021
The move is welcome.

We must say no to expired food items or drugs.

Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by Sijo01(f): 5:55am On Feb 26, 2021
This is just one among thousands who's guilty of this evil act.

Some pharmacy/Chemist are worst.
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by pepperdemzombie: 5:58am On Feb 26, 2021
jawalis:
It’s just for display na. These guys should take a chill pill. That’s one thing I don’t like in Lagos. The government agencies overdo things. Just as one agency came down to my axis few days ago and were charging a house owner for improper electrical wiring. Damn. I love the man’s approach though. And now at ogba: those products might jus never there for adverts and display. But these agencies will love to cash out first.
Are you with your senses and did you read before commenting? Display of what? They put products for adverts and display in a supermarket without selling them?
Do you know the effect of eating and consuming expired products?
If wire cause electric fire and start burning houses, the same ones will abuse fire service for not coming early but it is something that could be avoided.
Make una dey think nah!

2 Likes

Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by Lexusgs430: 5:58am On Feb 26, 2021
Expired products, might not be harmful to health......

We have Best Before products, which can still be consumed, but might be slightly degraded.........

Use by date, is the more important one. Consumption, would cause harm.....

Best to understand the difference........
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by spiritedtete: 5:59am On Feb 26, 2021
jawalis:
It’s just for display na. These guys should take a chill pill. That’s one thing I don’t like in Lagos. The government agencies overdo things. Just as one agency came down to my axis few days ago and were charging a house owner for improper electrical wiring. Damn. I love the man’s approach though. And now at ogba: those products might jus never there for adverts and display. But these agencies will love to cash out first.

Read what you just wrote. Aloud. And hear yourself... don't ignore. Tell me how you feel afterward.

2 Likes

Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:05am On Feb 26, 2021
Before 2015, items hardly expires on the shelf because purchasing power was high. Now, due to hardship, my country people has turned low on patronage in supermarket.
That supermarket's gone forever. They've gained a negative credibility that's not good for that business. The merchandiser who's supposed to check b4 shelving is a wack; fails to maintain F.I.FO.(first in, first out) and thus, has caused a major harm. I am a supermarket consultant and I know how adverse a thing like this affects a business like that. Too bad!
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by desdem: 6:06am On Feb 26, 2021
Nice move by LASCOPA

We must say NO to expired product. These thing are detrimental to our health. But its a pity some are supporting what is bad
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by cocolacec(m): 6:13am On Feb 26, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
LASCOPA SEALS SUPERMARKET AT OGBA FOR DISPLAYING EXPIRED PRODUCTS

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158855145856013&id=735776012

The govt should also penalise the supermarket with a fine.
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by pickatyouu: 6:24am On Feb 26, 2021
Góod move, next time the super market will be proactive.
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by brightovio007(m): 6:25am On Feb 26, 2021
Just only concern with making profits
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by martineverest(m): 6:45am On Feb 26, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:
All supermarkets in Nigeria should as well be sealed....if u know, u know.
u think everyone is like u?....
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by Zetty177x: 6:45am On Feb 26, 2021
Very good. Some Nigerians too wicked. Its wickedness to sell expired products

1 Like

Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by bewla(m): 6:49am On Feb 26, 2021
allen113:
good one
yes and job hunting to the guys who will lose them work

abi
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by LoudLord(m): 6:58am On Feb 26, 2021
Lagos and wahala be like 5&6
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by Russianlord101(m): 7:03am On Feb 26, 2021
Yakhi84:
Abegiii, na because them no fit meet Lascopa demands, na today nyash start to dey back!? undecided

Abeg will you just shut up
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by Nicepoker(m): 7:12am On Feb 26, 2021
post=99425728:
Eating expired foods or foods that are past their best-by date can expose your body to harmful bacteria that can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and a fever.

This is a very good step from Lagos State Government.
same as consuming dead vultures.
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by nedekid: 7:14am On Feb 26, 2021
pepperdemzombie:

Are you with your senses and did you read before commenting? Display of what? They put products for adverts and display in a supermarket without selling them?
Do you know the effect of eating and consuming expired products?
If wire cause electric fire and start burning houses, the same ones will abuse fire service for not coming early but it is something that could be avoided.
Make una dey think nah!
15 years ago I bought luncheon meat from osata at Opebi, did not know it was expired. My son and I made and ate sandwich using it. Omo see Tommy ache. As for me tetracycline and flagyl. My boy nko, he was so sick, he was admitted at st Ives hospital Ikeja for 5 days! I paid about 150k in hospital bills!
I went to osata later with the expired can and the chinko lady was just begging. I was so exhausted, I let it go.
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by authority2006(m): 7:16am On Feb 26, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
sad We are our own enemies in dis corntree sad.Some go even erase the expire date and plaster new date.They sha want to destroy pipu health sad. Hopefully,the owner will go settle and continue his business as usual

I guess you didn't read it through to understand what really happened.

Solebo said, “I, personally, discovered the expired items on the supermarket shelves on the 23rd of February, 2021, while on a routine check of supermarkets in the area. On discovering the expired products, I told the staff to remove the items from the shelves, which they did in my presence, only for the monitoring and enforcement team to go there the following day and discovered that the items have been returned to the promo shelf”.
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by authority2006(m): 7:20am On Feb 26, 2021
jawalis:

You guys are your own enemies, walahi. If these people don't do their job or take it seriously, we would complain. Now that they do, you are still asking them to chill, that it was just a display. What's really wrong with you Nigerians?

Solebo said, “I, personally, discovered the expired items on the supermarket shelves on the 23rd of February, 2021, while on a routine check of supermarkets in the area. On discovering the expired products, I told the staff to remove the items from the shelves, which they did in my presence, only for the monitoring and enforcement team to go there the following day and discovered that the items have been returned to the promo shelf”.
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by Alaganature(m): 7:28am On Feb 26, 2021
All this is for the clout...If only they bribe their way out they wouldn't have shut down the shop or probably announce it out, Corrupt Country
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by ImaIma1(f): 7:33am On Feb 26, 2021
jawalis:

Just for display? When it is displayed, it is to be bought by unsuspecting customers. These shops don't want to incure loss and they wickedly put put people at risk by selling expired products.
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by pozehnani(f): 7:34am On Feb 26, 2021
I don't know why they are so careless. That is why I make sure to check the expiry date of any product I'm buying. If there's no date, I don't buy.
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by electhnd(m): 7:40am On Feb 26, 2021
these people are not doing it right ......
any expired product, found in the shop.... the owner of the supermarket/store should eat/consume the product SHIKINA
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by MrIcredible: 7:49am On Feb 26, 2021
smile11s:
But why didn’t they change the exp date before putting it on the shelf?
So your mother, father, family members and your entire generation to consume the expired product abi?

Or deh
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by chukwuibuipob: 7:54am On Feb 26, 2021
Maybe u live in Uganda since u dnt understand how they run thing here
authority2006:

I guess you didn't read it through to understand what really happened.

Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by authority2006(m): 8:01am On Feb 26, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
Maybe u live in Uganda since u dnt understand how they run thing here

Well, I'm impressed. The commissioner did a follow up, that's new. They were caught again, that's new. They were reported in the media, that's new. And the shop was sealed, I'm proud of their efforts. And of course, you are free to overlook all that and continue in your pessimism

1 Like

Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by jawalis(m): 8:01am On Feb 26, 2021
ImaIma1:

Just for display? When it is displayed, it is to be bought by unsuspecting customers. These shops don't want to incure loss and they wickedly put put people at risk by selling expired products.

Honestly. If you stays in Lagos. You’ll understand what am talking sis. Even if you check those pure water inside coolers in shops. You’ll see a leaked pure water of about 2month on top of the cooler. It’s simply meant to display market.
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by jawalis(m): 8:03am On Feb 26, 2021
authority2006:

You guys are your own enemies, walahi. If these people don't do their job or take it seriously, we would complain. Now that they do, you are still asking them to chill, that it was just a display. What's really wrong with you Nigerians?

I agree with you but I’ll like you to reason in my direction as well. You’ll see that these enforcement agencies like to flex muscles most times.
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by jawalis(m): 8:04am On Feb 26, 2021
spiritedtete:

Read what you just wrote. Aloud. And hear yourself... don't ignore. Tell me how you feel afterward.
Just say whatever you have in mind and stop the sarcasm.
Re: LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products by chukwuibuipob: 8:10am On Feb 26, 2021
authority2006:

Well, I'm impressed. The commissioner did a follow up, that's new. They were caught again, that's new. They were reported in the media, that's new. And the shop was sealed, I'm proud of their efforts. And of course, you are free to overlook all that and continue in your pessimism
undecided So Nah today we dey read stuff like this and the owner of such biz open shop later/pretend as if nothing happened.Done with U here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PSN More Reasonable Than NMA? / Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil -100% Pure Organic! / Ogun Replaces Striking Doctors At Isolation Centre With Volunteers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.