Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

My Honest Opinion About Current Nigeria Music. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / My Honest Opinion About Current Nigeria Music. (354 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) / Top 5 Record Labels With The Biggest Impacts In Nigeria Music 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Honest Opinion About Current Nigeria Music. by EXLOVER(m): 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2021
When i listen to songs this days and songs back then, I must confess artiste of this days no longer calm down to write and make good songs. Artiste this this days are still relevant base on social media hype by some fans who fail to tell them the truth of their music.

Let me make this little example, Someone will post a picture of him or herself on social media, when you look at the picture quality, the image, the make up, or the costume the person is wearing, it doesn't make sense at all, but you will be disappointed with the comments you're seeing on the post, Everybody will be saying good things about the picture, nobody will critize the pic, the poster will continue to post trash because he or she feels they are making sense.

Same applies to music, an artiste will drop a song with zero content, and trashy lyrics, when you listen to the song you will regret downloading the song, you will be surprise with the comments this artiste is getting on social media, when you criticize the particular song, you will here comments like this, "which one you dor sing, which one your papa dor sing?", WTF that's their hustle for crying out loud, my hustle is different, a carpenter can't be a pilot and a pilot can't do the job of a carpenter. The artiste fails to work hard on his lyrics and other musical contents, he will continue dropping trash, that hardworking spirit, that drive that made him or her come into limelight won't be there again, so other artiste will will take over and his or her music will no longer be accepted by a large audience, same people that were singing praises to your trash, will be the same to pull you down.

I was on twitter this morning, seeing Rema - Bounce is so dope, Rema is god when it comes to music, Rema will reign forever, Rema sings better than Fireboy. I was forced to download the song, it made me really angry and that is the main reason for this post, here is a lyrics of the song:

Girl, I'm in love with your booty bounce
In love with your booty bounce

Hmm when I weigh the thing
E weigh one thousand pounds
Girl, this night we dey go like seven rounds
Baby girl, say you fine
Baby girl, say you fine
You I desire
Baby, na you I desire
Your yansh original
No be that kind Blac Chyna

Another song i was really angry to download after hearing the hype is : Rexxie and Mobaad - KpK.

In conclusion, Most artiste in Nigeria are not hard working, they should calm down, make good songs, not just this kpakpakpa we are listening to.

I'm anticipating Vector and MI upcoming collaboration, those two shouldn't disappoint us.

1 Like

Re: My Honest Opinion About Current Nigeria Music. by yimnansunny: 9:56am On Feb 28, 2021
this guys are just singing what sells, i bet you there are meaningful lyrics out there that didnt make it to the spotlight, Music is business, every business man wants to make profit, after spending to record, shoot expensive videos, they wanna make profits too, good lyrics are not appreciated in this part of the world, what you see in the industry is a markerting strategy, the artiste are only doing what their audience appreciate
Re: My Honest Opinion About Current Nigeria Music. by HassieMalcomson(f): 6:55pm On Mar 01, 2021
EXLOVER:
When i listen to songs this days and songs back then, I must confess artiste of this days no longer calm down to write and make good songs. Artiste this this days are still relevant base on social media hype by some fans who fail to tell them the truth of their music.

Let me make this little example, Someone will post a picture of him or herself on social media, when you look at the picture quality, the image, the make up, or the costume the person is wearing, it doesn't make sense at all, but you will be disappointed with the comments you're seeing on the post, Everybody will be saying good things about the picture, nobody will critize the pic, the poster will continue to post trash because he or she feels they are making sense.

Same applies to music, an artiste will drop a song with zero content, and trashy lyrics, when you listen to the song you will regret downloading the song, you will be surprise with the comments this artiste is getting on social media, when you criticize the particular song, you will here comments like this, "which one you dor sing, which one your papa dor sing?", WTF that's their hustle for crying out loud, my hustle is different, a carpenter can't be a pilot and a pilot can't do the job of a carpenter. The artiste fails to work hard on his lyrics and other musical contents, he will continue dropping trash, that hardworking spirit, that drive that made him or her come into limelight won't be there again, so other artiste will will take over and his or her music will no longer be accepted by a large audience, same people that were singing praises to your trash, will be the same to pull you down.

I was on twitter this morning, seeing Rema - Bounce is so dope, Rema is god when it comes to music, Rema will reign forever, Rema sings better than Fireboy. I was forced to download the song, it made me really angry and that is the main reason for this post, here is a lyrics of the song:

Hmm when I weigh the thing
E weigh one thousand pounds
Girl, this night we dey go like seven rounds
Baby girl, say you fine
Baby girl, say you fine
You I desire
Baby, na you I desire
Your yansh original
No be that kind Blac Chyna

Another song i was really angry to download after hearing the hype is : Rexxie and Mobaad - KpK.

In conclusion, Most artiste in Nigeria are not hard working, they should calm down, make good songs, not just this kpakpakpa we are listening to.

I'm anticipating Vector and MI upcoming collaboration, those two shouldn't disappoint us.

Finally, someone talked about it. I am noticing it for a few years. Things are changing and everything is getting commercialize without taking care of moral values and culture.

(1) (Reply)

Chinyere Udoma Live Performance With Evangelist Chidi Ibenado / Love In Slow Motion By Ed Sheeran / MUSIC: Boyyblink - Loi Loi [Freestyle]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.