Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,544 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai (1656 Views)

Jangebe Schoolgirls: Tanko Yakasai Confirms Arrest Of Salihu Tanko Yakasai / Ganduje Sacks Salihu Tanko Yakasai Over "Unguarded Comments" / Salihu Tanko Yakasai Blames Arewa For Tolerating Insecurity, Ogundamisi Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by Dekadet(m): 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2021
In case you don't know him ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you the most trending man in Nigeria right now...

Mr Salihu Tanko Yakasai, former special adviser to Kano governor on media.

Been a son to a popular second republic politician Tanko Yakasai, Mr Salihu Tanko Yakasai is not a stranger to affairs and happenings in Nigeria.

If you care to know this is not the first time that the former kano governor aid would be getting in trouble with the APC lead kano government as he was suspended about four months ago by kano state governor for criticizing President Buhari on how he miserably handled the EndSars protest on his Twitter handle @dawisu.

I hereby call on all Nigerian youths to put tribalism, religion and what have you a side and support this patriotic Nigerian youth who chooses to stand by the truth against all odds.

He has done something heroic - something that not even those who were voted and claim to be representing the people of Nigeria can not do.

Let's all join hands and raise this young man above this APC led government and upturn what ever effort the government is making to render him irrelevant by sacking him.

So who is Mr Salihu Tanko Yakasai aka Dawisu?

Salihu Tanko Yakasai popularly known as Dawisu on twitter
is a Special Adviser on Media to DI Governor of Kano State.

He was a former Director General, Media & Communications at Government House Kano.

He is also the Founding Curator of Global Shapers Community
of the World Economic Forum Kano Hub.

Salihu Tanko is a journalist by profession, former freelance
reporter for CNN, writer for YPolitico & Ynaija online media
platform.

Mr Salihu is a Harvard Alumni and grassroot politician with two decades of active participation.

He also participates greatly for community development work.

#istandwithSalihuTankoYakasai
#istandwithdawisu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by Dekadet(m): 2:06pm On Feb 27, 2021
Some one should help me out to upload his wonderful photos. I have tried severely to upload with no success.

1 Like

Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by Mynd44: 2:20pm On Feb 27, 2021
Stand with who now?

Tribalist Dawisu?

The very Dawisu?

If his employer sacks him, that is on the two of them, definitely not me

5 Likes

Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by falcon01: 2:33pm On Feb 27, 2021
what do you mean now?
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by baralatie(m): 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2021
it is unfortunate that the govt of the day feels that making the young lads concern about the state of security a scale goat.

it is only amounts to rubbishing the image of the govt
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by Sufisunni: 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2021
Yes. Salihu Tanko Yakasai is a hero for saying the truth to the power
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by HarunaWest(m): 4:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
Mynd44:
Stand with who now?

Tribalist Dawisu?

The very Dawisu?

If his employer sacks him, that is on the two of them, definitely not me
Mynd leave tribalism..Don't deviate from the topic. He may be a tribalist,but he spoke the truth.
The incompetence of PMB is too much. I remember when I made excuses for him pre 2015. I assumed Buhari was gonna let PYO run the administration while he runs the armed forces..But baba decided to do all..The insecurity in the North is too much. I want to just cross from Abuja to Niger state but I am scared.
There's nothing like Arewa hausa or Fulani to this guy's,they kidnap every Tom, dick and Harry and if you don't pay the ransome, you are killed instantly.
We have to start saying the truth in the North and especially Nigeria. We can't continue to receive ourselves. Naija don cast.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by chrismastre5(m): 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2021
south they Want to deceive Una again
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by PDJT: 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2021
HarunaWest:

Mynd leave tribalism..Don't deviate from the topic. He may be a tribalist,but he spoke the truth.
The incompetence of PMB is too much. I remember when I made excuses for him pre 2015. I assumed Buhari was gonna let PYO run the administration while he runs the armed forces..But baba decided to do all..The insecurity in the North is too much. I want to just cross from Abuja to Niger state but I am scared.
There's nothing like Arewa hausa or Fulani to this guy's,they kidnap every Tom, dick and Harry and if you don't pay the ransome, you are killed instantly.
We have to start saying the truth in the North and especially Nigeria. We can't continue to receive ourselves. Naija don cast.

-So you’re one of the people that brought that poorly educated coupist to head a civilian government? I see.

2 Likes

Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by descarado: 5:35pm On Feb 27, 2021
Many Nigerians including me don't care, get it @op.
Does he put food on our tables?

Have never seen people that sing praises of the rich like the poor.

Mtcheeeeew
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by 9japride(m): 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2021
He's not any man of the moment. He has been chopping from government since. People should not be deceive by these political actors. For over 5 years of this present government he didn't see anything bad in the governance. Next thing now, he will come out for either governorship or presidential elections to deceive people. Our mumu never do smh

1 Like

Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by Resurrection212: 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2021
We don't need his service in southern Nigeria he must continue to airing his voice for his people.
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by Dekadet(m): 7:18pm On Feb 27, 2021
descarado:
Many Nigerians including me don't care, get it @op.
Does he put food on our tables?

Have never seen people that sing praises of the rich like the poor.

Mtcheeeeew
I didn't say he puts food on our tables did I?
these are the people who would speak and it'll be heard.
we just want to encourage more people to speak up especially our so called legislators.

1 Like

Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by baralatie(m): 7:25pm On Feb 27, 2021
Dekadet:

I didn't say he puts food on our tables did I?
these are the people who would speak and it'll be heard.
we just want to encourage more people to speak up especially our so called legislators.
to speak in a way that brings about solution to teething problems not like one person that was doing opposite
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by Dekadet(m): 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2021
9japride:
He's not any man of the moment. He has been chopping from government since. People should not be deceive by these political actors. For over 5 years of this present government he didn't see anything bad in the governance. Next thing now, he will come out for either governorship or presidential elections to deceive people. Our mumu never do smh
He might've never like it and so couldn't keep mute for long.
For him to have spoken against this government means he had to stomach it long enough.

well if he comes out as a governor or anything one fact will be that he'll be truthful and fair.

well I don't care how you all see it but what I see is one good person standing up to speak against evil, another should follow.

At least we know he still has conscience and not like other who've sold theirs for political gains.
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by HarunaWest(m): 7:29pm On Feb 27, 2021
PDJT:

-So you’re one of the people that brought that poorly educated coupist to head a civilian government? I see.
In 2015...The election was between PMB and GEJ...With the situation of things back then, who would you have voted?
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by baralatie(m): 7:29pm On Feb 27, 2021
Dekadet:

For him to have spoken against this government means he had to stomach it long enough.

well if he comes out as a governor or anything one fact will be that he'll be truthful and fair.

well I don't care how you all see it but what I see is one good person standing up to speak against evil, another should follow.

At least we know he still has conscience and not like other who've sold theirs for political gains.
and the above has shown the underlying reason for the outburst.
public signage
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by Dekadet(m): 7:31pm On Feb 27, 2021
baralatie:

to speak in a way that brings about solution to teething problems not like one person that was doing opposite
Well you have to start somewhere.

He has started somewhere and to me he's better than those who were voted and are been paid to talk but are mute.
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by baralatie(m): 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2021
Dekadet:

Well you have to start somewhere.

He has started somewhere and to me he's better than those who were voted and are been paid to talk but are mute.
start what?
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by Dekadet(m): 7:37pm On Feb 27, 2021
baralatie:

and the above has shown the underlying reason for the outburst.
public signage
Not really public signage as you presume but to expose the government that arrested him for speaking out. For goodness sake we are in a democratic era.

Criticism should be seen as a way of correcting ones wrong step, not everyone has access to the president so the best way is to openly criticize and you would be heard.
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by Dekadet(m): 7:39pm On Feb 27, 2021
baralatie:

start what?
Start speaking against evil. angry
baralatie:

start what?
Start speaking against evil.
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by PDJT: 9:12pm On Feb 27, 2021
HarunaWest:

In 2015...The election was between PMB and GEJ...With the situation of things back then, who would you have voted?

-There were other candidates and you know it. You didn’t have to follow the crowd and stain your hands with blood.

-Now you and your family should bear the consequences. I bet you’re more educated and of a sound mind than that jihadists you voted for to handle your affairs in this 21st century.

-The problem many of you, youths, have is bragging-rights syndrome i.e my candidate must win, so I can brag for Africa. A counter productive attitude devoid of common sense.
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by 9japride(m): 10:10pm On Feb 27, 2021
Dekadet:

[color=#006600][/color]

Don't ever be deceived by those fake political actors, they know how to play with the masses emotions. Especially Northern politicans they are united in their game plans and all support Buhari government whole heartedly. I don't know where you come from? But the truth of the matter is that he's part of this present government. It's a political game plan so that the public will see him as an honest person. Leave those political actors.
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by Dekadet(m): 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2021
PDJT:

-There were other candidates and you know it. You didn’t have to follow the crowd and stain your hands with blood.

-Now you and your family should bear the consequences. I bet you’re more educated and of a sound mind than that jihadists you voted for to handle your affairs in this 21st century.

-The problem many of you, youths, have is bragging-rights syndrome i.e my candidate must win, so I can brag for Africa. A counter productive attitude devoid of common sense.
To be real honest with you, no one had the ability to foresee how things would turn up.

The country was bleeding real bad from 'corruption stabs', we needed someone who was honest and fearless to tackle the menace(corruption) and among all the candidates, Buhari seemed to be the best bet.

In areas he had short comings in, we expected him to let the vice president handle it because of his vast knowledge and exposure.

But this one thing (corruption) Nigerians wanted it nipped in the bud to the barest minimum by President Buhari, who would've known he'll be a couch potato!!

So don't make it sound as if we all knew what would happen and still went ahead to vote him(Buhari) in power.
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by HarunaWest(m): 11:46pm On Feb 27, 2021
PDJT:

Who was the better candidate than a retired military General. Wasn't that the peak of BH crusade?
It's better you shut your trap dude. He promised change and most people voted him in due to his mantra.
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by PDJT: 6:35am On Feb 28, 2021
[s]
HarunaWest:

Who was the better candidate than a retired military General. Wasn't that the peak of BH crusade?
It's better you shut your trap dude. He promised change and most people voted him in due to his mantra.
[/s]

-You’re even more stupid than I thought. Just stop ranting online and enjoy your “change”, Master Ignoramus! grin
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by PDJT: 6:49am On Feb 28, 2021
Dekadet:
To be real honest with you, no one had the ability to foresee how things would turn up.

The country was bleeding real bad from 'corruption stabs', we needed someone who was honest and fearless to tackle the menace(corruption) and among all the candidates, Buhari seemed to be the best bet.

In areas he had short comings in, we expected him to let the vice president handle it because of his vast knowledge and exposure.

But this one thing (corruption) Nigerians wanted it nipped in the bud to the barest minimum by President Buhari, who would've known he'll be a couch potato!!

So don't make it sound as if we all knew what would happen and still went ahead to vote him(Buhari) in power.

-I don’t know how old you were in 1983 - 1985, but my question to you is; what is more corrupt than a coup d’etat?

-The most corrupt people are military tyrants.

-With a civilian, you actually have a chance to see what he is doing and challenge him, but with a military tyrant especially one affiliated with jihadists, you stand no chance to see and challenge his corrupt practices.

-One of the problems many people living in less developed countries have is; they still think strength is mightier than intellect - a very primitive philosophy.

-Anyway, enjoy the fruits of your vote and support of an uneducated corrupt tyrant.

1 Like

Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by HarunaWest(m): 9:16am On Feb 28, 2021
PDJT:
[s][/s]

-You’re even more stupid than I thought. Just stop ranting online and enjoy your “change”, Master Ignoramus! grin
I just saw your signature...Didn't know you were an adversary..No wonder
Sorry for your current plight though.
Re: The Man Of The Moment Salihu Tanko Yakasai by PDJT: 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
[s]
HarunaWest:

I just saw your signature...Didn't know you were an adversary..No wonder
Sorry for your current plight though.
[/s]

-Now you know, go and die, according to one of your slave masters! grin

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Bandits’ Leader Allegedly Killed By ESN Not Our Member, We’re Not Bothere / Obj, IBB, Ohaneze- Kingsley Moghalu For President 2023.. / Buhari Govt Has Been Printing Money: Peoples Gazette Releases Audio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.