Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:46 AM

Kalu Rejects Nass Result In Abia North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Rejects Nass Result In Abia North (902 Views)

My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election / Abia North Senatorial Rerun: Early Results Put Pdp In Clear Lead (see Photos Of / I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu Rejects Nass Result In Abia North by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 11, 2011
FORMER governor of Abia State and candidate of the Progressive People Alliance (PPA) for Abia North senatorial district, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu, has rejected the result of the National Assembly election held on Saturday.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had, on Sunday, announced Senator Uche Chukwumerije of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) winner of the polls in Abia North, in a result where Kalu polled 34,188 votes, while Chukwumerije scored 83,206 votes.

Kalu, however, vowed to challenge the result of the election in a court of law, because the result did not represent the wishes of the people in the Abia North.

He was optimistic that he would win the litigation he would institute against the result, because he had evidence that he won in four of the five local government areas that made up Abia North.

“The result of election announced by the INEC does not represent the wishes of the people of Abia North. I make bold to say that I won in four of the five local government areas in Abia North senatorial district.

“I am going to challenge the result in a court of law, because it was not a true reflection of how people voted during the election. I believe in the judiciary and I am very hopeful that I will claim my victory at the court,” he said.

According to Kalu, Umunneochi Local Government Area was only council he did not win, based on an alleged intimidating presence of soldiers that scared eligible voters away from polling booths.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/20264-kalu-rejects-nass-result-in-abia-north
Re: Kalu Rejects Nass Result In Abia North by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 11, 2011
I always wonder how this people are sooo sure they won, that the votes were rigged.

Did they plan something else to make sure they'll win?
Re: Kalu Rejects Nass Result In Abia North by Abagworo(m): 11:30am On Apr 11, 2011
This is number one.I expect more from Imo and Anambra States.I am so sure that the results from Abia and Imo did not in anyway reflect the wishes of the people.

Rivers State was free and fair.The governorship of Rivers State will be a tight one between APGA and PDP.
Re: Kalu Rejects Nass Result In Abia North by omamokta: 11:42am On Apr 11, 2011
This man has killed his political career because of his desperate nature. He is demystified politically.
Re: Kalu Rejects Nass Result In Abia North by ifyalways(f): 11:46am On Apr 11, 2011
Lawyers,Fasten your seat belts . . .Its gonna be a loooong,financially rewarding season.
Re: Kalu Rejects Nass Result In Abia North by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2011
Seems like there will be more court cases during this election. . . .
Re: Kalu Rejects Nass Result In Abia North by gernded(m): 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2011
foget Kalu he no win anything.
Re: Kalu Rejects Nass Result In Abia North by naso2(m): 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2011
abagworo:

Rivers State was free and fair.The governorship of Rivers State will be a tight one between APGA and PDP.

When someone talks like this , one is tempted never to take him serious again. Which APGA? which Rivers state? APGA will not even come second and ameachi will make 75% of votes cast.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Migrants Stranded And Killed In Libya! Misrata Shelling! [video] / Bankole: Efcc In Emergency Meeting: All Bec Of One Man: / Code Of Conduct Bureau Vs Tinubu: Us, Uk Banks Release Accounts Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.